Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Is Windhorst Next to Head to Miami?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Is Windhorst Next to Head to Miami?

Unread postby DrPoove » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:jerkass?

Hybrid of jerk-off and jack-ass.

Allegedly.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:37 pm

DrPoove wrote:
Motherscratcher wrote:jerkass?

Hybrid of jerk-off and jack-ass.

Allegedly.

^^^^^

Well, if anyone in this forum community would know...

;-) ;) :wink: :lmfao:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Windy was on Rizzo this morning. Part 3 of the interview is up right now, but more will hopefully follow later today. From the little I heard Windy made some interesting points regarding the situation.

http://www.espncleveland.com/audiovault/rizzo.php
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:27 pm

jfiling wrote:Windy was on Rizzo this morning. Part 3 of the interview is up right now, but more will hopefully follow later today. From the little I heard Windy made some interesting points regarding the situation.

http://www.espncleveland.com/audiovault/rizzo.php

Caught part of this interview. I was shocked at what a stooge he sounded like. I don't begrudge him for taking a job covering lebron, cause that's what he does, but from the sound of the interview he took a job as lebron's pr guy. Windhorst defended lebron in the playoff/decision, hinted at gilbert having some skeleton's in his closet, and then towards the end called a lot of people from his hometown "small minded." what an ass.

Based on that interview, it sounds like Windhorst sold out his journalistic credibility for a big bag of $$$. He'll now say whatever espn/lebron want him too. Disgusting.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Hmm, now the part of the Windy interview that was up is not anymore. I wonder if they are putting it into one big file, or if it's gone down the memory hole.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Here's what I think happened.

Last week, the sky opened up over Miami. A deep, gutteral, demon voice said "Choose the form of the Destructor." Since nobody in Miami has a functioning brain, nobody thought of anything.

But then there was Dan Aykroyd on vacation sitting by the pool, trying to clear his mind.

The next day, the rumors start flying.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Kinda sounded like a lot of equivocation to me. Talking about holding things back so he would still have future access. That he needed that access to be able to report for us... PFFFFT FEH BAHAHAHAHAHA! Die.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:17 pm

jfiling wrote:Hmm, now the part of the Windy interview that was up is not anymore. I wonder if they are putting it into one big file, or if it's gone down the memory hole.

And now parts 2 and 3 are up. Should be good fodder for discussion once all three parts are available for listening.

EDIT: All three parts are up, plus a recap.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:19 pm

In regards to windhorst taking the gig, cannot blame him, what-so-ever. Dudes probably getting a ton of cash, doesn't have to cover a (lets face facts here) sorry ass cavs team and gets to cover one of the (unforunately) bigger stories in the world of sports.

That said, if he did indeed call the people in this town "Small-minded", thats fucking ignorant, and just shows again that espn has devolved into simply a sports marketing tool, rather than a network that genuinely was about covering the game and being for the fan.

Really wish that network would go down, it's pretty much along with lebron james all that is wrong in the world of sports today.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:25 pm

I was listening and didnt catch the small minded comment. But SSS lets not misrepresent what Commodore Perry said he said. He said, Windy said "a lot" you wrote that he called the people in the town small minded, big difference. A lot of people in Cleveland are small minded, they exist in every town. Perhaps not a majority, but there certainly are. Check out his facebook page a bit if you want reassurance. I am sure Windy understands that there is going to be some angst, but he has the balls enough to come on WKNR and WTAM to field questions. A lot of people wouldnt.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Ziner wrote:I was listening and didnt catch the small minded comment. But SSS lets not misrepresent what Commodore Perry said he said. He said, Windy said "a lot" you wrote that he called the people in the town small minded, big difference. A lot of people in Cleveland are small minded, they exist in every town. Perhaps not a majority, but there certainly are. Check out his facebook page a bit if you want reassurance. I am sure Windy understands that there is going to be some angst, but he has the balls enough to come on WKNR and WTAM to field questions. A lot of people wouldnt.

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but it may be that Windy was using "small minded" in the same sense as describing someone whose thinking is "provincial".
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Ziner wrote:I was listening and didnt catch the small minded comment. But SSS lets not misrepresent what Commodore Perry said he said. He said, Windy said "a lot" you wrote that he called the people in the town small minded, big difference. A lot of people in Cleveland are small minded, they exist in every town. Perhaps not a majority, but there certainly are. Check out his facebook page a bit if you want reassurance. I am sure Windy understands that there is going to be some angst, but he has the balls enough to come on WKNR and WTAM to field questions. A lot of people wouldnt.

After looking at it objectively (and coming to the conclusion I just don't give a shit about Brian Windhorst enough to belabor it) I just can't find the animosity against the guy required to build anger.

He's not a big dollar athlete. He's a 60k-75k guy in a dying town with a dying NBA franchise.

I just can't begrudge him the opportunity to quite possibly triple (if not better) his salary in a viable NBA town.

I just wish he'd fucking shut up and go already. He's not important enough to worry about and he's not worthy of even wknr's worthless air time.

Go write fluff pieces about LBJ dude. Fuck it. I'd go do it right now myself if ESPN called. Despite how I feel about wht James did. I'd be gone like yesterday and you're GD right I'd take their cash. Maybe it is just a 5 or 6 year gig. But it ain't like he'll have forgotten how to write when it's time to go somewhere else.

Make hay while the sun shines BW. But just go and STFU.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:34 pm

jfiling wrote:

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but it may be that Windy was using "small minded" in the same sense as describing someone whose thinking is "provincial".

Well, we do have a tendency to look at things geo-centracally don't we? I think it's only natural initially.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:36 pm

peeker643 wrote:

After looking at it objectively (and coming to the conclusion I just don't give a shit about Brian Windhorst enough to belabor it) I just can't find the animosity against the guy required to build anger.

He's not a big dollar athlete. He's a 60k-75k guy in a dying town with a dying NBA franchise.

I just can't begrudge him the opportunity to quite possibly triple (if not better) his salary in a viable NBA town.

I just wish he'd fucking shut up and go already. He's not important enough to worry about and he's not worthy of even wknr's worthless air time.

Go write fluff pieces about LBJ dude. Fuck it. I'd go do it right now myself if ESPN called. Despite how I feel about wht James did. I'd be gone like yesterday and you're GD right I'd take their cash. Maybe it is just a 5 or 6 year gig. But it ain't like he'll have forgotten how to write when it's time to go somewhere else.

fair enough. Do not disagree.

It sucks that he is gone, but it isn't as if we wont be able to get Cavs news. Peeks you should volunteer to handle the TCF Cavs beat.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Ziner wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

fair enough. Do not disagree.

It sucks that he is gone, but it isn't as if we wont be able to get Cavs news. Peeks you should volunteer to handle the TCF Cavs beat.

There are other people here who do that better than I do.

But I do think his leaving opens the door for someone to fill the void. It sure as shit won't be Mary Schmitt-Boyer. She's effing terrible.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:50 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jfiling wrote:

Well, we do have a tendency to look at things geo-centracally don't we? I think it's only natural initially.

Agreed, and if that's what he meant it's no big deal. If he's saying that people in NEO are too stupid to see the bigger picture, that's a different story.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Dude's gonna have a perma-sheen like John Candy did in JFK.

That weather can't be fun if you're pushing three bills.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Much better for PD readers that Windhorst went to Florida and Mark Puente stayed after accepting a job in St. Petersburg.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:20 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Much better for PD readers that Windhorst went to Florida and Mark Puente stayed after accepting a job in St. Petersburg.

I honestly haven't read the PD in a year. I'll hit some links via twitter or whatever for Windy, etc, but other than that I barely know it exists.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:52 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:Dude's gonna have a perma-sheen like John Candy did in JFK.

That weather can't be fun if you're pushing three bills.

He's got the right tah-tah but the wrong ho-ho.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:53 pm

I'm not so much angry at BW, don't get me wrong on that, I'm just angry that the mainstream of sports media has completely killed whatever objectivity they had in one full sweep.

His comments and sudden change of heart on Dan Gilbert, after he had some words in DG's defense, pretty much tell me that's he is now all but a shill for espn now.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:45 pm

He sold out...

Not that that is a bad thing for him and his family but it is what it is.

For such a talent to ride coattails and follow the big network dollars is a loss.

Wish him the best and I cannot conjure up any ill-will towards him. However, if he becaomes the next Mariotti, Paige, Adande or Bayless (Bayless never had talent in the first place), I'll puke.

Noticed it with Wilbon recently but a lot of these ex-writers are becoming schills for the Logo. If Windhorst goes that way it will be a real shame. And sadly, I see it playing out that way.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby papacass » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:40 am

noles1 wrote:Noticed it with Wilbon recently but a lot of these ex-writers are becoming schills for the Logo. If Windhorst goes that way it will be a real shame. And sadly, I see it playing out that way.

The difference being, I don't think you'll see Windy doing the blowhard thing like Bayless, Wilbon, Paige, Mariotti et. al. That's not his personality. That's never been how he's handled himself on radio or TV.

Windy wasn't an opinion columnist like those guys are, and he wasn't hired for his opinions. He was hired to do what he's doing now, and I don't think you'll ever see him turning into a Mariotti or Bayless.

It doesn't mean that ESPN won't try to censor Windy when it comes to criticism of players, like LBJ, that drive site hits and TV ratings. I think that's what Windy meant when he wondered aloud if this would end badly for him.

He's not worried about facing LBJ's entourage down in Miami. He's worried about ESPN's ability to control what their writers disseminate. And unlike a newspaper, ESPN is an image-conscious entity and not above yanking stories or telling their writers to say more nice things about the athletes they cover.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby papacass » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:47 am

noles1 wrote:Noticed it with Wilbon recently but a lot of these ex-writers are becoming schills for the Logo. If Windhorst goes that way it will be a real shame. And sadly, I see it playing out that way.

The difference being, I don't think you'll see Windy doing the blowhard thing like Bayless, Wilbon, Paige, Mariotti et. al. That's not his personality. That's never been how he's handled himself on radio or TV.

Windy wasn't an opinion columnist like those guys are, and he wasn't hired for his opinions. He was hired to do what he's doing now, and I don't think you'll ever see him turning into a Mariotti or Bayless.

It doesn't mean that ESPN won't try to censor Windy when it comes to criticism of players, like LBJ, that drive site hits and TV ratings. I think that's what Windy meant when he wondered aloud if this would end badly for him.

He's not worried about facing LBJ's entourage down in Miami. He's worried about ESPN's ability to control what their writers disseminate. And unlike a newspaper, ESPN is an image-conscious entity and not above yanking stories or telling their writers to say more nice things about the athletes they cover.

P.S.: And lest we forget, LBJ is still an incredible basketball player. Windy is still going to have a lot of good to say about LeBron, regardless of what his bosses tell him or don't tell him. Let's not roast Windy when he writes something laudatory about Bron's first 40-point, 10-assist game for the Heat.
papacass

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:42 pm

I really wouldn't be shocked if part of the deal is that he drops 50-60 pounds so they can use him in front of the camera. That's the way ESPN works now. Think Charlie Steiner gets hired in 2010?

And even just seeing the comments on this thread, America doesn't put up with fat people on TV unless they're in weight loss boot camp or the butt of a joke. Would not be stunned if he weighs 190 and is tan by next season so he can get in front of the camera.
Dellucci TailGator

Favorite Player: Derek Lilliquist
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 am

Sorry, I'm not visualizing Windy tan and fronting on ESPN. Just can't see it.

In one year's time I see him driving down Bayside in Miami in a red, lobsided Porsche, driver's-side springs sagging, holding a Big Mac in one hand and a large chocolate malt in the other.

Oh yeh, it might not be a Porsche since he's gonna want an automatic not a 5 speed. Maybe a Nissan Z. Any way, it'l be red, there's no doubting that.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:25 am

Sorry, I'm not visualizing Windy tan and fronting on ESPN. Just can't see it.

In one year's time I see him driving down Bayside in Miami in a red, lobsided Porsche, driver's-side springs sagging, holding a Big Mac in one hand and a large chocolate malt in the other.

Oh yeh, it might not be a Porsche since he's gonna want an automatic not a 5 speed. Maybe a Nissan Z. Any way, it'l be red, there's no doubting that.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby jb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:06 am

Let's not roast Windy

Let's, and solve world hunger.

Freak him. Like peek said, he's a fishwrap guy probbaly hauling in $ 65K max from the PD. Those cats get paid squat. He has a good reason to sell out.

But hell yes he's off to shill. That's what they do at ESPN. And another average writer will come in and do his old job, and no one will care because it's the NBA in Cleveland.

We're Katrina with no FEMA.

And next CBA they will put in a franchise player tag.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:07 am

YahooFanChicago wrote:Sorry, I'm not visualizing Windy tan and fronting on ESPN. Just can't see it.

Thanks to tv moving from 4:3 to 16:9 , you probably now can.
jb

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:17 am

I'm not inclined to be rational or understanding about anything that has to do with LBJ, which this obviously does. If Windy's drive-in-movie-screen-sized ass gets pockmarked with buckshot from pissed-off Cleveland fans, so be it.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:42 pm

^Agree, don't we know how to hate people anymore...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:46 pm

Orenthal wrote:^Agree, don't we know how to hate people anymore...

I'm not bad at it to be quite honest.

Maybe not Hatfield-McCoy hate, but I'm not bad.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:21 am

I know everoyne is entitle to making a living, cannot fault Windhorst for moving to greener pastures with ESPN, but it does pain me a little to see him wax poetic about the Heat already. His article on Bosh as a part of the "Miami Heat Index" just keeps me wondering how much LBJ paid him to stay quiet on all of what went on in Ctown toward the end. I am hoping Windy keeps us abreast of the status of LBJ's elbow on a minute by minute basis. :spanky:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby papacass » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:20 am

fundamentals wrote:I His article on Bosh as a part of the "Miami Heat Index" just keeps me wondering how much LBJ paid him to stay quiet on all of what went on in Ctown toward the end.

LBJ didn't have to pay him anything. If Windy wants that NYT Bestseller in 10 years, he knows what he can and can't say right now.

Windy's ultimate goal isn't to be Ric Bucher or Chris Broussard. It's to be Michael Lewis, Jeff Pearlman, Buzz Bissinger. Have it made in the shade as a bestselling nonfiction sports author. So when Random House wants a tell-all book on the sordid goings-on in the Bron-Bosh-Wade locker room, Windy will be the first person they call.
papacass

Unread postby CTownYaga » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:20 pm

Caught part of this interview. I was shocked at what a stooge he sounded like. I don't begrudge him for taking a job covering lebron, cause that's what he does, but from the sound of the interview he took a job as lebron's pr guy. Windhorst defended lebron in the playoff/decision, hinted at gilbert having some skeleton's in his closet, and then towards the end called a lot of people from his hometown "small minded." what an ass.

Based on that interview, it sounds like Windhorst sold out his journalistic credibility for a big bag of $$$. He'll now say whatever espn/lebron want him too. Disgusting.

...what?

I listened to the thing when it first aired and remember him specifically saying he thought "LeBron choked, and that it was worse than quitting" and he railed against LeBron repeatedly. I also remember his comments on Gilbert, but I took them as "Gilbert enabled LeBron" which...well, we know for a fact he did. *shrug*

I didn't take it as him defending LeBron at all. He even went on to say LeBron and his entourage are pissed that Windhorst is going to Miami because they don't like him. Did we hear the same interview?
CTownYaga

Favorite Player: Brandon Jennings
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:39 pm

CTownYaga wrote:I didn't take it as him defending LeBron at all. He even went on to say LeBron and his entourage are pissed that Windhorst is going to Miami because they don't like him. Did we hear the same interview?

He may have said that but it can't be true. If Lebron didn't want Windy around, he would have fired whoever hired him at ESPN already. Then Lebron would hire another guy to ESPN who would send Windy to cover Ron Artest. I don't think Lebron would stand for anyone working for his company that he disapproves of.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:48 am

The Heat Index makes me laugh. Haven't been there, never seen it, just the idea of it for a 5-4 team.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:40 am

Ziner wrote:The Heat Index makes me laugh. Haven't been there, never seen it, just the idea of it for a 5-4 team.

Simmons tweeted at espn.com last night and asked them if they'd be considering adding a level for under .500 :lmfao:

Enjoy it now I guess. That team will dispense of the many dregs and still win their 60.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:31 am

peeker643 wrote:
Ziner wrote:The Heat Index makes me laugh. Haven't been there, never seen it, just the idea of it for a 5-4 team.

Simmons tweeted at espn.com last night and asked them if they'd be considering adding a level for under .500 :lmfao:

Enjoy it now I guess. That team will dispense of the many dregs and still win their 60.

Will they?

Already the margin of error for that grows thin, like the MLB season. they'd better rip off a long winning streak in the next 3 - 4 weeks or they are heading into 50 something range sooner than we might think.

I can easily see this bunch at 50 something wins with ther flaws, maybe under if /when Wade goes down for his manditory 20 games.

They remind me of the Toffey Fays we used to mainline with Lil Hugs at the Richmond / Chardon Rd Convinient after CYO practice.

Three great flavors but small with a gooey melty center. Chris Bosh is a bullshit player.

http://www.inthe70s.com/food/toffeefayspchocolates0.shtml
jb

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:00 pm

jb wrote:They remind me of the Toffey Fays we used to mainline with Lil Hugs at the Richmond / Chardon Rd Convinient after CYO practice.

Three great flavors but small with a gooey melty center. Chris Bosh is a bullshit player.

http://www.inthe70s.com/food/toffeefayspchocolates0.shtml

"Toffee-fay, it's too good for kids. Toffee-fay, it's for grown-ups." :pop:

I am hoping that GMs around the league do not capitulate and then send the Heat a person that can help them upfront or at the point guard position. :gah:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:11 pm

fundamentals wrote:I am hoping that GMs around the league do not capitulate and then send the Heat a person that can help them upfront or at the point guard position. :gah:

The Heat have no cap space, nobody of consequence from the sixth slot on the roster down, no draft picks for the duration of the Kasich administration, and nothing but mininum-wage expiring contracts that may not even be worth that considering there may not be another offseason until 2012.

WYSIWYG
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
fundamentals wrote:I am hoping that GMs around the league do not capitulate and then send the Heat a person that can help them upfront or at the point guard position. :gah:

The Heat have no cap space, nobody of consequence from the sixth slot on the roster down, no draft picks for the duration of the Kasich administration, and nothing but mininum-wage expiring contracts that may not even be worth that considering there may not be another offseason until 2012.

WYSIWYG

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/introducing-indias-answer-to-yao-ming/

What about him?
jb

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA