Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

redz suspended 10 games

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

redz suspended 10 games

Unread postby davemanddd » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:31 pm

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/20/west ... ef:nbahpt2

the first question now is, do we want him back??? if not, the next question is, who does???

i honestly think he can still be a viable nba talent as long as he could just get a handle on his emotions and take the right meds at the right times. i mean if you could guarantee me that he would be the superb delonte of 2008-2009 again, i would take him back in a heartbeat.

howevuh,(channeling screamin a. smith) if he's going to be the inconsistent delonte post-desperado incident from 2009-2010, well then i want no part of him whatsoever.

so then which teams do you think might be willing to take him on then???

i think we can rest assured that he won't be taking his talents to south beach. hee-hee!!!

no but seriously though, i seriously doubt it if there are any teams out there that would even consider him a starting guard at this point, but there might be some who might consider him as a back-up point guard.

i wouldn't doubt it if boston would take a flyer on delonte as they already know what he can do when he first played for them from 2004-2007 and they really need a better back-up point guard to rajon rondo than nate "not so great" robinson.

johnny flynn is hurt up in minnesota and since the cavs just acquired ramon sessions from the t-wolves, making them thin at the point guard spot, i wouldn't be surprised to see redz end up there now.

it might also do delonte some good to be in some more familiar surroundings and so maybe he might end up just down the road there from his maryland stomping grounds in washington with the wiz??? after all, he could always swap war stories with gilbert arenas. hee-hee!!!

anyway, it will be interesting so see just where d-west ends up and ultimately begins serving his 10-game suspension.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Re: redz suspended 10 games

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:37 am

Can we structure his suspension so his 10-day suspension will coincide with the 10 days he misses to see his shrink? His tattoo artist? To visit Gloria in South Beach?
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby davemanddd » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:20 am

no, i don't think gloria's gonna get anywhere near him again or lebron might just get one of his cronies to turn the tables and go "desperado" on him.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Delonte West as we knew him is gone. He'll play again but for how long? Dude could be out of the NBA in 2 years, rightly or wrongly, it would be a disappointing story.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby davemanddd » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:32 pm

FUDU wrote:Delonte West as we knew him is gone. He'll play again but for how long? Dude could be out of the NBA in 2 years, rightly or wrongly, it would be a disappointing story.

sadly, you might be right.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:48 pm

davemanddd wrote:i honestly think he can still be a viable nba talent as long as he could just get a handle on his emotions and take the right meds at the right times.

Why do you think he sucked this past season? He was on meds and it altered his personality, to the point of near complete passiveness most of the time. Ever know anyone on serious psych drugs?
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:08 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
davemanddd wrote:i honestly think he can still be a viable nba talent as long as he could just get a handle on his emotions and take the right meds at the right times.

Why do you think he sucked this past season? He was on meds and it altered his personality, to the point of near complete passiveness most of the time. Ever know anyone on serious psych drugs?

Did these meds affect his vision? His decision-making? His, you know, drive?
And by the way, I don't think he was very passive at all!

Sincerely,
Gloria
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:03 pm

FUDU wrote:Delonte West as we knew him is gone. He'll play again but for how long? Dude could be out of the NBA in 2 years, rightly or wrongly, it would be a disappointing story.

Dude could be dead in two minutes and no one here would be a bit surprised. That's a bit worse than out of the NBA in two years.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby waborat » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:22 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Dude could be dead in two minutes and no one here would be a bit surprised. That's a bit worse than out of the NBA in two years.

I was surprised.

Ouch,

Lorenzen Wright
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Tell Pierce's mama to look out, Delonte's signing with the Celtics.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA