Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

The LeBron/LRMR stories just keep coming out ...

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

The LeBron/LRMR stories just keep coming out ...

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:07 pm

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: The LeBron/LRMR stories just keep coming out ...

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:23 pm

I freakin' knew it. I saw the story about this thing a few days ago and knew something like this was going to happen. What a bunch of assholes.

How in God's name is this not kidnapping or illegal imprisonment or something, followed by grand theft?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby daddywags » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:50 pm

I think we need to let this one play out a bit. There's stuff that doesn't make much sense there.
daddywags

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:06 am

The only thing clear to me is that the clout Lebron 'n friends had in the area is gone like the steel industry. This never makes the headlines before 'The Backstab'.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:44 am

daddywags wrote:I think we need to let this one play out a bit. There's stuff that doesn't make much sense there.

You're probably right. I'm just itching for more stuff to hate these assholes about, though.

BTW, it's up on ESPN front page now.

Wadsworth police Sgt. James Elchlinger says he determined the pendant belongs to Carter.

Carter says it had been stolen from him.

Despite the fact that Carter is probably telling the truth (How else would this woman end up with it if it wasn't stolen at some point?), I want to know how in the hell Sgt. James Elchlinger determined the pendant belongs to Carter?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby davemanddd » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:36 am

quite the "team" you got there, lebrainless!!! little girl doesn't know how to make his own decisions and the people who make his decisions for him are nothing more than a bunch of puny sycophants. i swear, miami needs to change their name to the miami bleat and have a sheep for a mascot. losers!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby scott » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:44 am

Motherscratcher wrote:
daddywags wrote:I think we need to let this one play out a bit. There's stuff that doesn't make much sense there.

You're probably right. I'm just itching for more stuff to hate these assholes about, though.

Wadsworth police Sgt. James Elchlinger says he determined the pendant belongs to Carter.

Despite the fact that Carter is probably telling the truth (How else would this woman end up with it if it wasn't stolen at some point?), I want to know how in the hell Sgt. James Elchlinger determined the pendant belongs to Carter?

Carter showed him a receipt from the jewelry shop? Carter showed him dozens of pictures of his mom wearing it throughout the years? This isn't the part of the story that doesn't add up.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:15 am

scott wrote:
Motherscratcher wrote:

Carter showed him a receipt from the jewelry shop? Carter showed him dozens of pictures of his mom wearing it throughout the years? This isn't the part of the story that doesn't add up.

It almost definitely was his but if there's no police report, how can he prove it was stolen? What if he sold it to someone and now is trying to strong-arm his way into getting it back for free? If he just lost it and never filed anything, then it's a different situation and the woman should at least be reimbursed for finding the missing property.

Just like with all the current Lebron hoopla; hundreds of better ways this could have been solved then by straight-up lying to her and keeping her hostage. Lebron needs to get some professionals around him.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby scott » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:39 am

I am curious to learn the provenance of said pendant.

A gift from LeBron? Imagine the hubris there. Something he designed and had made himself? Even if it was a gift from some wanna be agent, that in itself is telling.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:38 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:Despite the fact that Carter is probably telling the truth (How else would this woman end up with it if it wasn't stolen at some point?), I want to know how in the hell Sgt. James Elchlinger determined the pendant belongs to Carter?

Maybe he used the same investigative technique that cop in Georgia did when investigating the POS case: Celebrity and/or celebrity entourage says they didn't do it, so they didn't do it.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby JJN » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:05 pm

It doesn't matter if it was stolen or not ultimately. What does matter is if she knows it was stolen. If she made the purchase without any idea that it was stolen property, then she is owed compensation. It was a good faith purchase, and she would either have to forfeit the property for fair compensation, or she gets to keep the property.
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:06 pm

Thought I saw on the news last night, that this person had supposedly been at Carter's mom's place about the "time it was stolen," and therefore might be considered a suspect in this "unreported crime." Maverick's family probably thought LePunk took it back right outta the house without telling Mav, and that is why they didn't report it.

Regardless, their method of retrieving this "stolen property" was ganglike, though in a suburban setting. Again, entitlement, don't have to follow the rules, the world revolves around them.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA