Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Gilbert Destroys LeBitch in Open Letter to Fans

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Gilbert Destroys LeBitch in Open Letter to Fans

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:18 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
Prosecutor wrote:They pretty much got their pick of role players to choose from, starting with Z.

I'm glad someone picked up on this quote!

Only guy currently on my ignore list. I'd appreciate no one quoting it as the purpose of the ignore list is to eliminate such posts.

:salute:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
Prosecutor wrote:They pretty much got their pick of role players to choose from, starting with Z.

I'm glad someone picked up on this quote!

Don't forget keeping around such roster stalwarts as Jamaal Magloire and Joel Anthony. It's going to be fun watching Dwight Howard run roughshod through the Heat "big men".
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby ajunior148 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 am

FUDU wrote:Nothing in his shooting suggested he had an injury, he was not throwing up bricks, his shot wasn't unreasonably short on a consistent basis, all the things that would have shown up if he did in fact have an injury.

I'm pretty certain there were some big differences in his shooting on games with 1 day rest vs games with 2 days or more, but I'll check it out after lunch to see if I'm remembering that correctly.
ajunior148

Unread postby ajunior148 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Thus, the most logical conclusion is that the elbow was a major factor and that it affected LeBron mentally as much as physically. We have one other data point to support us: his track record in this series. Since Game 5 of the Chicago series, James' effectiveness has correlated directly with how much rest he had between games.

Witness: Games 2, 4 and 5 came with just one day of rest; in those three, he shot 0-for-13 on 3s and 17-for-47 overall. Games 1 and 3, on the other hand, had an extra day of rest beforehand, which seemed to allow his elbow to feel much better: In those two contests, he was a one-man wrecking crew, making 26 of 46 shots from the floor and scoring 73 points. Needless to say, those were the two Cleveland wins in this series.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-100512

I'm not going to defend LBJ's effort in the Boston series. Also, the two good games he played could have been luck, small sample size and all that.
ajunior148

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:40 pm

What ever happened to his elbow problem? :hide: Weird.

I don't care if he had reconstructive surgery on his elbow, brain, or any other body part. The pressure for him to perform was just as much to blame as any ailment he had. And from the sounds of it, the tank job was in due to his disdain for Roker. A clear shame but as been mentioned a billion and one times, all the tell tale signs were there, fans just didn't want to recognize he gone. He is a doofus A#1 and doesn't shake hands either. :nanner:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Prosecutor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Thanks, junior. I was getting ready to post all of LeBron's numbers for the Boston series to show the direct correlation between his production and days off. I didn't realize ESPN had already done it.

The MRI said he had a strain and a bone bruise - two distinct injuries. LeBron said the elbow was going numb on him in games. Somebody posted that Windhorst noticed the elbow was bothering him in practice late in the season, if I'm not mistaken. Also, the Cavs sat him for a week after they clinched the top seed. But, if Herm says the injury excuse is complete garbage, I guess we can just ignore that MRI thingy, right FUDU?

In light of all these facts and the ESPN analysis, it's amazing to me that some people continue to insist the elbow was fine and he just decided to quit because the national media would crucify him if he left Cleveland after winning an NBA title. I think it's clear to everybody by now that LeBron doesn't give a flying fig what the media or anyone outside his close circle of friends, advisors, and sycophants think. Can you imagine LeBron saying, "I won't be able to go play with D-Wade if we win it all, the media will crucify me." LeBron thinks he can do whatever he wants and everybody will still love him.

He really doesn't care what people think. On the Decision special when they showed him footage of fans burning his uniform he was completely unmoved. "I can't get involved in that," he said.

He probably quit because he knew he couldn't plough through Boston, Orlando, and LA with an elbow that wasn't going to be OK until he got a few weeks off. He still managed a line of 27/19/10 in game 6, though. Not too bad for an injured guy who wasn't trying. No wonder he got a couple of halfway decent offers.

As for the Z comment I made, yeah, Z will be a role player in Miami. So will everybody on the team except LBJ, Bosh, and Wade. Anybody want to contest that statement?
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby diminishingskills » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:05 pm

Here's the rejoinder to Woj that I was waiting for:

http://www.warriorsworld.net/outside-lo ... n-article/

Love how the guy skewers Woj's everybody-in-the-know-knows-this attitude with Woj's own words from a week and a half prior. Face it, Woj knob gobblers: far from having it all pegged all along, he was making it up column by column.

The enemy of my enemy may be my friend, but that doesn't mean I have to like him.
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:23 pm

So you still are plugging your ears and ignoring that you were wrong on Wes, Windy has backed up most of what Woj wrote and that Amick already reported Lbj was voted to be cut in 2004 by the coaches. Word.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:47 pm

aoxo really deserves some sort of forum-wide recognition for being able to actually read through one of those posts, and being able to isolate a line for the purpose shown above.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:54 pm

knob gobblers is far too strong a category to peg most of us into. I'd fall into the, "he's better then just about every other national hack outside of Sam Amick", category. Plus I'd also say he has a good amount of sources, and great writing skills.

The guy put together a nice article about a guy that only Triv and Skip Bayless had nailed correctly, and their motivation for that take probably wasn't honourable journalism.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA