Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Gilbert Destroys LeBitch in Open Letter to Fans

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Gilbert Destroys LeBitch in Open Letter to Fans

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:54 am

I agree with lead to a point. But I am convinced LeBron made some promises to Gilbert that he just backed out on. Gilbert should not have been naive but if there were any behind closed door verbal promises about staying etc then I do understand TMLP reaction.

ETA: even though he will be getting less NBA money let's not pretend this still doesn't have something to do with money. Haven't his endorsements taken a hit in the past two years, you cannot say that there isn't a strong chance he strengthens his non NBA income by being in Miami.

Bottom line as stated earlier this off season, the off the court money, recognition and crap normally come after you win something.
Last edited by FUDU on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby mitch » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:56 am

Hikohadon wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Hiko, if you think most every star in the NBA isn't thankful they don't have an owner that would do this you are on crack.

Wade's comments are not surprising, but they ring true.

A. Mark Cuban has done OK, and he's made comments like this a daily occurrence.

B. Hopefully the Owners break the Players in the next CBA, and then we won't have to give a shit what the players think.

C. Cleveland couldn't get Free Agents to come here before his statement, so what's the difference? Oh no, Jamario Moon II Electric Boogaloo won't come here because the Owner is Mean.

D. Mo Williams disagrees. "We got to step it up now that's all. We will be good next year. And hearing our owner keeps me convinced."

+1,000,000
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:57 am

FUDU wrote:I agree with lead to a point. But I am convinced LeBron made some promises to Gilbert that he just backed out on. Gilbert should not have been naive but if there were any behind closed door verbal promises about staying etc then I do understand TMLP reaction.

For sure, that's why I said that there's more than we even know at this point feeding Gilbert's anger. Again, the process was atrociously handled. Couldn't a been worse, especially from a hometown guy.

Still think the owner needs to take a few breaths. No matter how fucked over he was, he's got larger implications down the line he need be concerned with.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:02 am

leadpipe wrote:
FUDU wrote:I agree with lead to a point. But I am convinced LeBron made some promises to Gilbert that he just backed out on. Gilbert should not have been naive but if there were any behind closed door verbal promises about staying etc then I do understand TMLP reaction.

For sure, that's why I said that there's more than we even know at this point feeding Gilbert's anger. Again, the process was atrociously handled. Couldn't a been worse, especially from a hometown guy.

Still think the owner needs to take a few breaths. No matter how fucked over he was, he's got larger implications down the line he need be concerned with.
Agree, today he needs to shut up and move on with the org's future. If there is info he feels the fans or world needs to know IMO it can only be revealed in a 60 minutes type interview or a book, no more finding out through beat writers and tweets.

FUDU

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:06 am

I don't think it was about this at all.

I think there were several factors playing into Gilberts fury.

1. First and foremost, I believe Gilbert is redirecting alot of anger he has for himself for coddling James, make concessions, and catering to him in ways that, deep in his gut, he knew were not in the best interest of the Franchise. E0 would be correct in pointing out that this is Gilbert's hat to wear.

2. He believes LBJ quit this season. Not just game 5 but 2,4,and 6. And I agree. Everyone who watched and knew James could see it plain as day. To go out like that was more painful than many Cleveland crushing losses.

3. The spectacle and lack of respect shown during it. LBJ couldn't even make a call to Gilbert himself. That truly is cowardly. That after what was correctly labeled a narcissistic self aggrandizing display of selfishness.

Personally I do believe it was the way this ended, from the quitting to the classless knife in the back one hour special.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:08 am

FUDU

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 am

Karma's a motherfucker. We all know that LBJ, with his playing style, has stayed remarkably healthy for 7 seasons - here's hoping that catches up to him in Miami.
JCoz

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:11 am

JCoz wrote:

I don't think it was about this at all.

I think there were several factors playing into Gilberts fury.

1. First and foremost, I believe Gilbert is redirecting alot of anger he has for himself for coddling James, make concessions, and catering to him in ways that, deep in his gut, he knew were not in the best interest of the Franchise. E0 would be correct in pointing out that this is Gilbert's hat to wear.

2. He believes LBJ quit this season. Not just game 5 but 2,4,and 6. And I agree. Everyone who watched and knew James could see it plain as day. To go out like that was more painful than many Cleveland crushing losses.

3. The spectacle and lack of respect shown during it. LBJ couldn't even make a call to Gilbert himself. That truly is cowardly. That after what was correctly labeled a narcissistic self aggrandizing display of selfishness.

Personally I do believe it was the way this ended, from the quitting to the classless knife in the back one hour special.
All 3 points we agree on, thing is we just don't know about the rest, the talks that LeBron and Gilbert may have had in the past 3-4 years, if any at all. No doubt in my mind now that there was/is some disconnect between the two, on what exactly to what level I have no clue.

FUDU

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:21 am

Wow, good take.

Some of those really hit the mark on those comments. He should have thrown in something about the reassurance he needed last season after the Magic loss.

"I'm a winner"

No, Mr. James. I know a winner, I've seen a winner (from a distance). And you sir, are no winner.
JCoz

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:47 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Agents never forget.

Dan Fegan did.

e0y2e3 wrote:And hell, even Cuban has learned that he had to start shutting the fuck up to win.

Cuban has won?
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:48 am

As a lees than casual NBA fan, I must say this entire thing is jaw-dropping. Just amazing, the build up, the sordid locker room drama, the TV special, the backlash, the letter... all of it. Now, while I could really care less about basketabll, I would love to see the Cavs win and would have liked LBJ to stay in Cleveland. The SI article above is spot on, he's just not that good. On a given night he may be, but not all the time. Not like MJ. He's not even Kobe.

And the way he handled it was epically poor, and here's how I know. My wife hasn't ever watched a Cavs game on TV. We've been to a few games when we are back in Ohio, but that is the extent of her involvement. I would say she has seen no more than 4 complete Cavs games. Guess what she puts on at 9 pm last night? She wanted to watch beacuse it was a soap opera. She doesn't like basketball, but she does like bitch drama. And so the King leaves town like a bitch. Act like a man.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:49 am

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:53 am

That is excellent.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:56 am

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:
Squints wrote:That. Was. Awesome.

Crazy jilted girl scary

First you spend the whole day melting.

Then you grow perspective when the owner feels the same way you do?

Dumb? Yes. But just think how NEO will identify with his righteous jiltedness.

that's me!

:nanner:
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:02 am

Hikohadon wrote:
anteup41 wrote:He cares and is foolish and displayed the attitude that probably tells LBJ he made the right decision in leaving. Great job. One person does not make a team and this guy is a great athlete but with the owner acting like this good luck getting a great talent. There are better ways to show heart for a city and organization.

Right. We'll identify with you and your one post and your questionable loyalty.

The owner, in his passion, made a fool of himself.

Find me one Cleveland Fan that hasn't done the same.

Oviously, clearly, the answer is Me.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:04 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:LOL, I'm sure he'll pull a "I can't recall" about this letter if he were end up moving the team to Seattle.

That said, I love it. Fight for your fucking investment and give the fans some kind of hope, realistic or otherwise. It's shit like this that makes me happy to give my money to the team in 2010-11.

Long trip from RI to see all 41 games.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:07 am

anteup41 wrote:Triple S,
Thats telling me..... You showed me. Haaaaaa

Fuck you asshole.

That's two,
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:11 am

Squints wrote:
Motherscratcher wrote:Seriously. Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, somebody tell me who this moron on CLC is and why he's on there. I really think he might be retarded.

Dennis Manaloff from the PD. I turned it off, couldn't take it and I love Galetti.

Did same, and will be writing the monolith on how bad whackov sux
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:14 am

Hikohadon wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:You don't regret that the next day?

Only secretly.

To everyone else, it's a good story.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Man who gets it.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:18 am

CharacterIV wrote:Our credibility with FA's was ruined the second that LeBron said "Miami." If a hometown guy won't take more money to play here, what free agent will beyond the ones we'd dramatically overpay? As in, no one worthy of a max deal, because you can't overpay them. Maybe we land some fringe-level star with a max deal, but such a guy would sign a max deal if it was offered to him by Hitler.

Meanwhile, Gilbert protects the investment by appealing to the things Cleveland fans understand: anger, disappointment, and an absolute certainty that next time, Lucy won't pull the ball away.

jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:21 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Dan Gilbert is a fucking idiot, period.

Maybe you should just not post today Mr Hopkins Back Bay too cool for us Ohio guys to care?

Might help the rest of us un washed work it out.

Just give us a day.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:23 am

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:This letter destroys any chance of LeBron waking up in the morning and saying "Fuck. My bad. I really shouda stayed. That contract's not finalized yet, is it?"

So u know what's comin' next:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model
jb

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:25 am

By this point, I thought that I'd care more about him leaving but I really don't. After the playoff flameout I distinctly remember saying that after that performance I didn't care if he left. He was a quitter of the highest order. Throughout this process he's shown his true colors as a can't-hack-it bitch who only wants to take the easy way out. He's no Jordan. He's no Kobe. Never will be and not only do I know it, he knows it. I don't care because all those hours spent watching the Cavs, I thought I was "witnessing" greatness, but I was duped like the rest of Cleveland by the flashiness of a child who had everything handed to him. By a child who had the audacity to inscribe himself The Chosen One and who foolishly believes that he's "loyal".

This would hurt more (at all) if I thought Lebron had the chance to live on in The Pantheon, knowing that my chance to watch greatness had been taken away. But after watching his late-gamesmanship the last few years and now this mockery of the process and the entire city of Cleveland, I know that I'm not missing out on anything.

Am I mad he left? Sure, but I understand his distorted reasoning. I just know that I didn't lose any sleep last night and won't in the future. He's not worth the time.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:26 am

e0y2e3 wrote:And just for shits and giggles, Kevin Durant, Michael Redd, Chauncy Billups, etc.....

Money, young talent and the chance for rings wins out 99.999999999% of the time.

The Browns are the biggest joke in the NFL but because Lerner has thrown big money at people they have signed there. So goes the sports world.

Stop being a self loathing Clevelander for a minute.

Or you could START pretending to be a Clevelander for a second?
jb

Unread postby Cease » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:26 am

Comic Sans? Seriously? Get a font!
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:29 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:The satisfaction of winning the Championship first would be too much for me to contain.

How does it happen though? I know Gilbert has said he doesn't mind paying the luxury tax if it means a Championship team but I don't think he's considered the problems of luring great players to this team.

I still think with Mo, AJ, West and co (plus modest to really good additions) we can be a playoff team. 7th or 8th seed maybe but still...

The way the team plays now will be more TEAM orientated and we have a head coach who knows offense so I think we'll see better from Mo and Jamison this season.

But quite clearly we're far and away from being a Finals team now.

I just hope LeBron earns himself the label of Marbury Mark II
the ringless failure

And peeps front like no one knows what i type.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:31 am

pup wrote:Eoy - If you can't see Gilbert's letter as a reaction to "The Decision" rather a reaction to the decision itself, then you are as most have painted you. Nothing more than a bored nothing better to do with more time than you know what to do with that hunts around, reads a bunch of info and the regurgitates it anywhere your attitude hasn't run you from.

Had The Princess done this like everyone else, and simply held a press conference in his new city, and said I think Miami gives me the best shot to win, there would not be a peep around, including Dan Gilbert, who could attack him. Plenty could not agree, but nothing to the level that it is today. Had he had the decency to make a phone call to Dan Gilbert, a man who has gone over the top and out of his way to make LeBron as happy as possible over the years, and not have him find out the way he did, that letter would be completely different.

At the end of the day, James chose what he thought was an attempt at winning over money. Sucks for us. But nothing to be taken to the woodshed for. In most circles, he should be getting commended for it. We bitch about CC and Thome and Belle and the likes, and what he did should be refreshing. Instead, he is being almost universally killed today. Should tell ya something.

But no, The Princess got her way. Now he can take it like his old lady.

Damn you Pup. I can't make all this a sig line. And I can't edit it.

Perfect as is.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:31 am

jb wrote:

Maybe you should just not post today Mr Hopkins Back Bay too cool for us Ohio guys to care?

Just give us a day.

Nah. We can work it out with or w/o Lee's posts. We can work it out regardless of who's here. We're okay. We're good enough to do that shit.

I hate playing the card, but you really have to be here breathing it every day to understand why Gilbert's prose appealed to the masses right here.

He's the guy in the bar that just came to your defense after someone sucker punched you. Unfortunately after he throws a haymaker he goes on a rambling speech about justice and the evils of alcohol that embarrasses the shit out of you and everyone around.

If you weren't in the bar then all you get is the prose.

What he said was what we'd all love to say to LeBron if we had the stage and the ability to make sure he heard it.

Honestly, if you can't understand that and you can't see where that comes from, then you simply don't live here and you simply can't understand. And to be fair to Lee, every one of the ex-pats I have talked to feel the same way he does about it. That it was not smart and it was not good down the road.

Punching the fucking wall seldom is. Now who hasn't done it or something else that they later regretted when they were white-hot angry?
Last edited by peeker643 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:32 am

So will Bill Simmons have to re-name The Ewing Theory to The Lebron Theory after the Cavs win the title before him?
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:35 am

jb wrote:
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:This letter destroys any chance of LeBron waking up in the morning and saying "Fuck. My bad. I really shouda stayed. That contract's not finalized yet, is it?"

So u know what's comin' next:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/poitier/135/5death.wav

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:40 am

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:

Just give us a day.

Nah. We can work it out with or w/o Lee's posts. We can work it out regardless of who's here. We're okay. We're good enough to do that shit.

I hate playing the card, but you really have to be here breathing it every day to understand why Gilbert's prose appealed to the masses right here.

He's the guy in the bar that just came to your defense after someone sucker punched you. Unfortunately after he throws a haymaker he goes on a rambling speech about justice and the evils of alcohol that embarrasses the shit out of you and everyone around.

If you weren't in the bar then all you get is the prose.

What he said was what we'd all love to say to LeBron if we had the stage and the ability to make sure he heard it.

Honestly, if you can't understand that and you can't see where that comes from, then you simply don't live here and you simply can't understand. And to be fair to Lee, every one of the ex-pats I have talked to feel the same way he does about it. That it was not smart and it was not good down the road.

Punching the fucking wall seldom is. Now who hasn't done it or something else that they later regretted when they were white-hot angry?

I love you man.

<- will neither confirm nor deny he's so sad he busted out a screwdriver.
jb

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:52 am

It's going to pain everyone to hear this but Skip Bayless has been exactly right about Lebron since the moment he came into the league.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:53 am

My question is this:

If Gilbert believes LeBron quit against both the Celtics and Magic, and "there's a lot more of the story to be told", why did he offer him $128 million to play in Cleveland for the next six years?

My take is that Gilbert is furious about being disrespected. He said LeBron never returned a text or phone call for weeks. He didn't let the Cavs know his Decision until minutes before going on ESPN, then he had a flunky make the call. This is after the Cavs did everything possible to sign him, even spending six months on a cartoon of LeBron and his friends.

Billionaires aren't used to being blown off, so he's angry. He probably should have slept on it before spouting off, but I don't think he harmed the franchise or it's chances of attracting free agents. This was a once-in-a-lifetime situation.

What I'm surprised nobody has mentioned is that The Decision was actually made by Chris Bosh, not LeBron. It was widely reported that the Raptors and Cavs had a sign-and-trade in place, and that LeBron was urging Bosh to do it. If he had, LeBron would have been announcing last night that he was staying in Cleveland. But Bosh wouldn't play here even for an extra $37 million guaranteed, and opted for Miami, which led to LeBron leaving the Cavs. It's clear LeBron was through with trying to carry a franchise to a title without help from at least one other superstar.

LeBron and his mother think the same; do what's best for you and don't worry about how it will effect others. No doubt there were a lot of people close to LeBron who wanted him to stay home, people he grew up with, but in the end it was all about what was best for LeBron. He wasn't going to sacrifice his best chance (in his opinion) to win "multiples" just to make others happy. As he said, it was all about making HIM happy.

In that way he's no different than Manny, Thome, and the others. Only their idea of happiness was more money. LeBron already has more money than he could ever spend, with hundreds of millions more on the way. He already has MVP and All-Star awards. The only thing he doesn't have is a Championship, and he wasn't about to be the next Karl Malone or Patrick Ewing, not when Kobe and Michael and even Dwayne have rings. Loyalty to his friends and home town took a back seat to his personal goals. That's just the way he's wired, and the only person who might have been able to influence him to stay home felt the same way.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby DrPoove » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:54 am

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:

Just give us a day.

Indeed. If I was still in DC I don't think I'd be so disgusted with The Orchestration.

I don't hold any ill will for LBDouche leaving but the way he went about it was a joke.

Will TMLP regret the letter? Parts of it, absolutely. But he won't regret showing he gives a damn which is something LBDouche hasn't shown in the playoffs.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:54 am

If Gilbert believes LeBron quit against both the Celtics and Magic, and "there's a lot more of the story to be told", why did he offer him $128 million to play in Cleveland for the next six years?

Because the franchise was de-valued by more than that amount just by Lebron leaving.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:04 am

Prosecutor wrote:My question is this:

My take is that Gilbert is furious about being disrespected. He said LeBron never returned a text or phone call for weeks. He didn't let the Cavs know his Decision until minutes before going on ESPN, then he had a flunky make the call. This is after the Cavs did everything possible to sign him, even spending six months on a cartoon of LeBron and his friends.

Billionaires aren't used to being blown off, so he's angry. He probably should have slept on it before spouting off, but I don't think he harmed the franchise or it's chances of attracting free agents. This was a once-in-a-lifetime situation.

What I'm surprised nobody has mentioned is that The Decision was actually made by Chris Bosh, not LeBron. It was widely reported that the Raptors and Cavs had a sign-and-trade in place, and that LeBron was urging Bosh to do it. If he had, LeBron would have been announcing last night that he was staying in Cleveland. But Bosh wouldn't play here even for an extra $37 million guaranteed, and opted for Miami, which led to LeBron leaving the Cavs. It's clear LeBron was through with trying to carry a franchise to a title without help from at least one other superstar.

LeBron and his mother think the same; do what's best for you and don't worry about how it will effect others. No doubt there were a lot of people close to LeBron who wanted him to stay home, people he grew up with, but in the end it was all about what was best for LeBron. He wasn't going to sacrifice his best chance (in his opinion) to win "multiples" just to make others happy. As he said, it was all about making HIM happy.

In that way he's no different than Manny, Thome, and the others. Only their idea of happiness was more money. LeBron already has more money than he could ever spend, with hundreds of millions more on the way. He already has MVP and All-Star awards. The only thing he doesn't have is a Championship, and he wasn't about to be the next Karl Malone or Patrick Ewing, not when Kobe and Michael and even Dwayne have rings. Loyalty to his friends and home town took a back seat to his personal goals. That's just the way he's wired, and the only person who might have been able to influence him to stay home felt the same way.

Again. For one day.

Could you STFU ?
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:05 am

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:And just for shits and giggles, Kevin Durant, Michael Redd, Chauncy Billups, etc.....

Money, young talent and the chance for rings wins out 99.999999999% of the time.

The Browns are the biggest joke in the NFL but because Lerner has thrown big money at people they have signed there. So goes the sports world.

SD:

Whaaaa

You don't like the emperors new rags.

Hell he was all the rage when dissin on us mere serfs.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:05 am

"I'm a winner"

Somewhere Kobe, Majic, Jordan and Larry are LTFAO
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:07 am

Prosecutor wrote: What I'm surprised nobody has mentioned is that The Decision was actually made by Chris Bosh, not LeBron. It was widely reported that the Raptors and Cavs had a sign-and-trade in place, and that LeBron was urging Bosh to do it. If he had, LeBron would have been announcing last night that he was staying in Cleveland. But Bosh wouldn't play here even for an extra $37 million guaranteed, and opted for Miami, which led to LeBron leaving the Cavs. It's clear LeBron was through with trying to carry a franchise to a title without help from at least one other superstar.

:lmfao:

Nice. The charade actually worked on you. Gullible much?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:08 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:

SD:

Whaaaa

SoulDawg

Don't need your trolling black ass today old man. Fuckin go ram a rack of Staples in ur rib hole and STFU too. Try to boot me when I'm down after a long on line relationship. Fuck you, this is persojnal. And for some sofetware reason I didn't get your pm Grovelling to me to have your back on another site. But I would have.

I just don't. I'm still hurting and not ashamed to write it.

You've never been a Cavs fan. Stoip ur bullshit for one day.
Last edited by jb on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby cozmeesah » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:08 am

I love hearing people at work today going "people are getting mad like he doesn't have the right to go where he wants to go... it's HIS life."

Yeah, numnutz... that's not the point. Of course he does. Most of us were thinking there was a good chance he'd go, we just never thought he'd do us like that on live TV on ESPN and then preach about knowing how "loyal" he is.

It's not the choice that has all of us (and Dan Gilbert) so livid. It is the process and the way it happened that pissed people off. The egomaniacal three-ring circus that this entire week has been that culminated in the nationally televised public mocking of NEO last night.

If he'd have just had a normal press conference in Miami like every other big free agent does then I don't think people would be nearly as angry. Sure they'd be sad, but not necessarily to the point of burning #23 Cavs jerseys. If he'd actually called Dan Gilbert and told him about it, instead of almost letting him find out on ESPN like everyone else, I'm sure we (and Dan) would feel a bit different today. If he didn't spew as much BS last night as he did on that joke of a program, it might be different. If he didn't embarrass the hometown(s) he says he loves to much in front of a live national audience, I'm sure it would be different.

But instead he knifed us in the back in front of everyone after having done everything in his power to make sure everybody was watching. THAT is why people are so upset.

Was it particularly smart for Gilbert to put out that letter? No. Was it childish? Yes. But I think it's pretty obvious that there's a lot of shady shit that went down in this whole ordeal. LeBron didn't show Cleveland or the Cavs any respect in what he did, so he shouldn't expect any respect in return.

And really, though some like to say Gilbert sounds like a psycho ex-girlfriend... (aside from the title thing) is there anything he said in that letter that was incorrect? It was narcissistic, it was selfish, it was a live betrayal of the place he says he loves the most.
cozmeesah

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: AJ Pierzynski

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:13 am

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:It's going to pain everyone to hear this but Skip Bayless has been exactly right about Lebron since the moment he came into the league.
oulDawg

SD:

Called him Prince James for the simple reason he hadn't won anything,
Called the elbow injury out as a fake built in excuse .
Called out the dog and pony show yesterday for the fuck it was.

Don't like the guy , butt he was dead nutts on.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:27 am

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:

SD:

Whaaaa

SoulDawg

Don't need your trolling black ass today old man. Fuckin go ram a rack of Staples in ur rib hole and STFU too. Try to boot me when I'm down after a long on line relationship. Fuck you, this is persojnal. And for some sofetware reason I didn't get your pm Grovelling to me to have your back on another site. But I would have.

SD:

When your punk Funky white ass still had your mammies titty milk stinkin
off your breath , I was cheering for the Cavs and anything good which happenned in Cleveland.

Pardon me if I ain't buring down my house because your mad Lebron done Yanked his cock outta your throat and your mad you missed yourtun to suckle that bitch.

Gilbert was right , Fuckhim , don't let the door hit ya in the ass
and fuck you classless pantsy ass bitches who ain't got what it tales to handle the shit like a
man .

You melty classless little schoolgirl privileged cocksuckin Hunky Beeyatch.

Nobody questions my loyalty so Fuck you very much mutha Fucka

SoulDawg

y
SoulDawg74

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:29 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

off your breath , I was cheering for the Cavs and anything good which happenned in Cleveland.

Pardon me if I ain't buring down my house because your mad Lebron done Yanked his cock outta your throat and your mad you missed yourtun to suckle that bitch.

and fuck you classless pantsy ass bitches who ain't got what it tales to handle the shit like a
man .

SoulDawg

y

So you're saying you disagree with JB?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:42 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:

SD:

Whaaaa

SoulDawg

SD:

man .

SoulDawg

y

I didn't question it.

I blew it away.

Fuck off old man.

Reply and my next post is your PM to me.

LOL.

Yeah, I will.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:00 pm

pup wrote:Eoy - If you can't see Gilbert's letter as a reaction to "The Decision" rather a reaction to the decision itself, then you are as most have painted you. Nothing more than a bored nothing better to do with more time than you know what to do with that hunts around, reads a bunch of info and the regurgitates it anywhere your attitude hasn't run you from.

Had The Princess done this like everyone else, and simply held a press conference in his new city, and said I think Miami gives me the best shot to win, there would not be a peep around, including Dan Gilbert, who could attack him. Plenty could not agree, but nothing to the level that it is today. Had he had the decency to make a phone call to Dan Gilbert, a man who has gone over the top and out of his way to make LeBron as happy as possible over the years, and not have him find out the way he did, that letter would be completely different.

At the end of the day, James chose what he thought was an attempt at winning over money. Sucks for us. But nothing to be taken to the woodshed for. In most circles, he should be getting commended for it. We bitch about CC and Thome and Belle and the likes, and what he did should be refreshing. Instead, he is being almost universally killed today. Should tell ya something.

Pup, I said point blank in my original post that Gilbert was in the right to be pissed.

It's the manor he went about reacting that is absurd.

You can cut someone deeply for fucking you over w/out acting like a petulant little bitch.

But you wanna go personal at me for stating the truth, be my guest. Gilbert has a history of acting on a whim and like a moron, that much is becoming clear.

As I said, here's KD:

"I really don't think it's professional that Dan Gilbert is talkin about Lebron like that..just my opinion"
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:

SD:

Whaaaa

SoulDawg

SD:

man .

SoulDawg

y

I didn't question it.

I blew it away.

Fuck off old man.

Reply and my next post is your PM to me.

LOL.

Yeah, I will.

Doesn't look like he's going to be man enough to reply.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:02 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:

Pup, I said point blank in my original post that Gilbert was in the right to be pissed.

It's the manor he went about reacting that is absurd.

You can cut someone deeply for fucking you over w/out acting like a petulant little bitch.

But you wanna go personal at me for stating the truth, be my guest. Gilbert has a history of acting on a whim and like a moron, that much is becoming clear.

As I said, here's KD:

"I really don't think it's professional that Dan Gilbert is talkin about Lebron like that..just my opinion"

A "manor" is an abode, Hopkins.

A petulent little bitch, eh.

Really. Just take a day off.

Guess the wastland of you, OJ, Bow owow and 3 retards didn't work out, eh?
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:06 pm

And to clarify, me thinking that Gilbert is a fucking idiot is somehow being turned into me not caring about The Decisions.

Fuck, I couldn't even watch that shit. I took the same exact gut punch all of you did. I vented in my own way and I'm never ever going to be able to look at LBJ again. Never going to be able to look at one of my favorite athletes of all time as nothing more then a fuck.

I have no bones w/ anyone that feels that way.

But as Mr. Billionaire and head of the franchise it's own Gilbert to not respond like a six year old.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Yeah it was unprofessional, nobody is denying that. No more unprofessional than letting your boss know you're skipping town 5 minutes before you board the plane.

BTW is KD Durant?

FUDU

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA