Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Guide to hating the Celtics

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Guide to hating the Celtics

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Good stuff.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PacJLWbhBnsJ:latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/05/ted-green-your-guide-to-hating-the-celtics.html+http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2010/05/ted-green-your-guide-to-hating-the-celtics.html&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

On Pierce:
Two years ago, he fell during the Finals against the Lakers and went off in a wheelchair. An actual wheelchair! Five minutes later, he was dropping three-pointers all over TD Banknorth Garden. He actually came back into the game with the music from "Rocky" blaring over the public-address system. Yo, Paulie, that was such a bad con job, Sylvester Stallone is a better actor than your are.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Re: Guide to hating the Celtics

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:14 am

There's not one guy in that Celtics' starting lineup you wouldn't want to be suiting up for the Cavaliers right now. Say what you want about Pierce but the guy toiled in sucktitude for a majority of his career. Funny thing is I remember that game and thinking to myself what a dork Pierce looked like and then that only one other guy might try to pull that off and it would be LBJ. :hide:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: Guide to hating the Celtics

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:22 am

I hate the Celtics.
However, I really like how they are playing the game.
They have a warrior mentality right now. They play together well. They defend the crap out of you. We wished our Cavs played like that at playoff time.
But I still hate the Celts.
I have loved many Celts legends. Havlicek, Bird, McHale, Chief, Russell.
But I still hate the Celts.

However, I hate the Lakers even more.
To me, they seem to have a more "entitled" attitude.
Zen man pre-whining to officials. They think they deserve special treatment.
West Coast pretty boy crap.
I hope the Celts kick their fannies into the ocean.

On a related note. If LBJ makes a decision based on winning, the only two teams to go to are LA and Boston.
In the grand scheme, everyone else is a pretender. Those are the only two franchises that win and win and win.
NY Knicks?? Are you kidding me? Nice "legendary" arena, but how many years have they been an elite team?? A small handful, maybe.
The Bulls. The only tradition they have is MJ. Sans MJ, they have no tradition.
Boston and LA are the only franchises that win, and then find a way to win again.
My $0.02
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA