Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

talk about an unreadable forum...

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

talk about an unreadable forum...

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu May 20, 2010 7:35 pm

I can barely stomach watching any of the games on right now, so I've been watching old clips. For anyone else in the same boat and who would rather not indulge in what will soon be 10 pages of meta discussion, 4 of my favorite youtube highlight vids

I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: talk about an unreadable forum...

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 20, 2010 7:38 pm

I was going to refrain from speaking about where I thought this thread would lead to, the obvious arguments of who is the greatest etc, then I listened to the first 10 seconds of the Walton clip.

::doh::
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu May 20, 2010 7:44 pm

Meh, I'm done with classifying/ranking greatness from now on (esp after I just made a top 10 for the express purpose of dissing Kobe; that's right, I'm laying claim to being Kobe's motivation for the past 2 weeks). I just want to see it, although preferably not out of LA/BOS/ORL right now.
aoxo1

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 20, 2010 7:46 pm

Moses was a man, a true alpha dog///
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu May 20, 2010 7:48 pm

And DU, no need to still be grumpy about forgetting about the Mountain Man during that NBA greats draft and being forced to write about how he wasn't actually that great. Everyone forgot about that. :dead:
aoxo1

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 20, 2010 7:50 pm

aoxo1 wrote:And DU, no need to still be grumpy about forgetting about the Mountain Man during that NBA greats draft and being forced to write about how he wasn't actually that great. Everyone forgot about that. :dead:

LOL.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby dmiles » Fri May 21, 2010 1:53 am

Not sure how old everyone here is but the first time I truly got to watch Walton was the 86 Celtics. I hated them, but I was amazed at watching the broken down Walton's basketball IQ. I want to say it was this forum where his stats for that season weren't off the charts. However watching the guy play, and his feel for the game you can't convince that he wasn't one of the best bench guys ever in playoff basketball.

Now I was finishing my Jr. year in HS so probably 16-17 at the time, and I am going by my recollection only, I haven't looked at numbers to back this up. What I seem to recall were a number of smart passes and the kind of crisp passing that were not necessarily assists, but the pass that leads to the assist. Just constantly in the right place, making the correct rotation, battling to tip basketballs.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby jb » Fri May 21, 2010 8:53 am

aoxo1 wrote:And DU, no need to still be grumpy about forgetting about the Mountain Man during that NBA greats draft and being forced to write about how he wasn't actually that great. Everyone forgot about that. :dead:

Been proven time and again that FUDI don't know shit about the Association before 1991.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:56 am

dmiles wrote:Not sure how old everyone here is but the first time I truly got to watch Walton was the 86 Celtics. I hated them, but I was amazed at watching the broken down Walton's basketball IQ. I want to say it was this forum where his stats for that season weren't off the charts. However watching the guy play, and his feel for the game you can't convince that he wasn't one of the best bench guys ever in playoff basketball.

Now I was finishing my Jr. year in HS so probably 16-17 at the time, and I am going by my recollection only, I haven't looked at numbers to back this up. What I seem to recall were a number of smart passes and the kind of crisp passing that were not necessarily assists, but the pass that leads to the assist. Just constantly in the right place, making the correct rotation, battling to tip basketballs.

SD:

Waltons knees felled a true giant .

Dude would have approached Bill Russell in pivot greatness when it comes to titles and dominance if he'd of had half way decent wheels IMHO.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA