Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 9:50 am

JCoz wrote:
jb wrote:FUDU, I saw game 3 when all yall were coronating Bron just last week.

I don't conclude from a sample size of one. I don't conclude there is a soap opera. It was an off game that he acknowledged as such AFAIC until I see otherwise. He doesn't act like TO when he's god, so I don't expect him ti kow tow to me when he sucks.

YMMV.

I may be wrong. But I don't know enough yet.

Dude, the sample size is NOT one game.

Games 2,4, and 5 were all bad games for Bron, each worse than the last. Each marked with even less fire and determination.

It ain't about his jumper being off. Dude has mentaly checked out of THREE games in one series.

+1

If it were just last night, I would conclude that he ate a bit of bad potato or drank some vodka poisoned by Chernobyl.

But three games (certainly at least Game 2 & 5) is a trend. Hurt? Something personal? Just distracted by intropsection as he reflects that these are his last home games as a Cav?

I dunno. I mean, I should completely expect him to react in Game 6 like he did in Game 3. But I expected him to react that way in Game 5, too, and that didn't quite happen.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby DrPoove » Wed May 12, 2010 9:51 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:Whatever dude, I'm easily satisfied and you bitch and moan about championships you deserve. We're all flawed. My original point was simply that what we have now is better than what we've ever had and almost certainly better than we will ever have again as far as the Cavs are concerned. So rather than just expect the roof to cave in, people should enjoy the ride as it's not going to last forever.

So you don't care if C-Town gets a Championship or not, fine, cool. Your personal preference.

Most other people want one and don't want to settle for not having one.

You are satisfied and willing to settle.

Others want more and strive for better.

It's not about deserving anything its about desire.

Some want, you do not. Plain and simple.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 9:53 am

JCoz wrote:
jb wrote:FUDU, I saw game 3 when all yall were coronating Bron just last week.

I don't conclude from a sample size of one. I don't conclude there is a soap opera. It was an off game that he acknowledged as such AFAIC until I see otherwise. He doesn't act like TO when he's god, so I don't expect him ti kow tow to me when he sucks.

YMMV.

I may be wrong. But I don't know enough yet.

Dude, the sample size is NOT one game.

Games 2,4, and 5 were all bad games for Bron, each worse than the last. Each marked with even less fire and determination.

It ain't about his jumper being off. Dude has mentaly checked out of THREE games in one series.

I see two great games. Two below average games, and one POS.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lebron_ja ... stats.html

The rest is in your heads, Fat Sweaty Twaeeting Kid included.

Bron isn't MJ. It's disappointing. We just don't know what is up for sure yet; injury, FAgency, frustration; who knows yet for sure?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 12, 2010 9:54 am

jb wrote:
JCoz wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
Uh, because I WANT a Championship, and I'm sick and f-ing tired of never having experienced one. How does that have anything to do with "deserve"? Are you being deliberately stupid?

Right, and because you've suffered sooooooooo long without one, you feel you've earned one. Or "deserve" one, you might say. Just like those Red Sox fans!

Hikohadon wrote:
They had the best regular season record in the league the last two years.

This team was built for Championship or Bust.

And being unsatisfied with the results makes me UNREALISTIC?

Dude, I don't even understand you.

I'm not "totally dismissing" anything, but nor am I about to celebrate a team that consistently fell short (if they lose Game 6, tragically short this year) of its announced goal. Yes, you are obviously easily satisfied.

Whatever dude, I'm easily satisfied and you bitch and moan about championships you deserve. We're all flawed. My original point was simply that what we have now is better than what we've ever had and almost certainly better than we will ever have again as far as the Cavs are concerned. So rather than just expect the roof to cave in, people should enjoy the ride as it's not going to last forever.

I think the biggest issue I have with this take is that you aren't taking into consideration the lack of effort.

I don't feel the same way as when we were down 3-2 in the ECF last year.

Even though we were equally as doomed.

I don't "deserve" a championship per say, but every invested fan does deserve effort. They deserve thier team caring, at least as much as professional atheletes can care.

So in short, I don't think a team that rolls over and quits is "better than its ever been" for cleveland sports fans.

How they quit last night intrigues me.

One or two bad series ocurred an dthey just imploaded like the WTC. 2 turnovers, two treys, an dthey just crashed.

But I won't lable them "quitters" untyil I see hos they respond Thursday.

And J Coz, BTW, if they were to redeem themselves but lose in a close game Sunday, Thuirsday would stiill be the biggets game in franchise histiry. To end this season with two beat down quit efforts would rip the franchise asunder.

I have no idea what redemption you are refferring to.

This shit is done. They don't "redeem" themselves unless they win this series and either win the championship or lose to a better team while playing at the level you expect this team to play at.

I don't give a flying fuck if they win Thursday and lose a close one Sunday. You think that would mean something? Please.

And another loss like yesterday? Would'n't make a damn difference. They have already hit rock bottom.

Let me be clear. I don't know this team. The one I rooted for all season hasn't been playing in this series.

I see no way for things to get worse for this team. To me I wouldn't care, I saw them quit the last two game. Finish it already.

Someone shoot this fuckin horse.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 9:55 am

DrPoove wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:Whatever dude, I'm easily satisfied and you bitch and moan about championships you deserve. We're all flawed. My original point was simply that what we have now is better than what we've ever had and almost certainly better than we will ever have again as far as the Cavs are concerned. So rather than just expect the roof to cave in, people should enjoy the ride as it's not going to last forever.

So you don't care if C-Town gets a Championship or not, fine, cool. Your personal preference.

Most other people want one and don't want to settle for not having one.

You are satisfied and willing to settle.

Others want more and strive for better.

It's not about deserving anything its about desire.

Some want, you do not. Plain and simple.

I don't know if that is EXACTLY what he is saying.

We all want that ring badly. We do have TCE like Hiko say. But even in LA they look back at Elgin Baylor's career with a smile.

So farm this is the best we got.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 12, 2010 9:56 am

jb wrote:
I see two great games. Two below average games, and one POS.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lebron_ja ... stats.html

The rest is in your heads, Fat Sweaty Twaeeting Kid included.

Bron isn't MJ. It's disappointing. We just don't know what is up for sure yet; injury, FAgency, frustration; who knows yet for sure?

It's not in MY head JB.

It's in HIS HEAD.

And that's the fucking point. Don't fucking point me towards a goddamn stat sheet.

The story isn't in the box score.

I DONT know WTF is going on, I said that already.

But don't be in denial that SOMETHING is amiss.

And it ain't his fucking jumpshot.
JCoz

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 12, 2010 9:58 am

Right.

Unless Bron plays on an 80 point plus pace for most ofthe game along with double diget boards and dimes, and we win by 20 + , the "real" Bron we expect every night doesn't show.

That's completely unrealistic. He is human.
::wha::

You're completely missing what is going on here IMO. It isn't about the stat sheet effort, frankly his numbers before last night weren't bad at all. It is his approach to getting those numbers. He's passing up on tons of open looks early in games, open looks that he took last year in the playoffs and in this past Bulls series. These looks are not so open come 3rd and 4th quarters, especially against this Celtics team. LeBron right now is not recognizing...frankly I don't think you are either.

LeBron is not willing anything right now, not even himself.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:02 am

15, 18, and 14 shots from the (by far) leading scorer on the team?

And how many of those came late?

Barkley put it very at halftime of game 4: (paraphrasing) LeBron needs to look to score more. I didn't know if I was having an off night when I was 1-5, not until I was 1-15.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:04 am

OK I'm done with game 5 as suggested earlier.

Cavs can still win this thing. Ain't over yet, and I'll be glad to change my tune if they do.
aoxo1

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am

jb wrote:

I don't know if that is EXACTLY what he is saying.

We all want that ring badly. We do have TCE like Hiko say. But even in LA they look back at Elgin Baylor's career with a smile.

This is exactly what I'm saying. And five years after LeBron is gone and the Cavs are lucky to get the occasional Tuesday night NBA TV game, it's what most people will be saying too.

And again, the fucking dude's story isn't even written yet. He's only 25. If he leaves, then we can pelt him with shit on the way out and then wish he were still here in 10 years. But if he stays, then the whining about not winning this year is just dumb. It is possible that a better supporting cast will someday surround him in Cleveland, as much as everyone loves Big Game Mo and 50 year old Shaq.
Last edited by RIBrownsFan on Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Favorite Player: Howard Baldwin
Least Favorite Player: the Prom Queen's ego

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am

JB if you're going to roll out the "it's just a bad game" POV then I have to counter and say it is more sensible to suggest this is on MB and his ability to x & o and rotate his line ups. Ultimately maybe that is the case and MB's inabilities are impeding LeBron's and this team's. Again I do not know, but I find it hard to believe that 82 games worth of pretty decent basketball can mask all of what is going on right now, for two years in a row.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:07 am

JCoz wrote:It's in HIS HEAD.

The story isn't in the box score.

I DONT know WTF is going on, I said that already.

But don't be in denial that SOMETHING is amiss.

And it ain't his fucking jumpshot.

I agree with this. I don't get it either. To play with such a lack of passion, desire and give-a-shit makes me sick. You don't need a Pippen to play with passion and balls. It doesn't cost anything on the salary cap to get guys with that.

And it has to be standard equipment on a superstar who transcends the game.

It's not there. It's been there once in this series.

I don't understand it either. Half of me hopes his arm is seriously and structurally damaged because the alternative is that he's nothing that we thought he was.

Like I said, the road to redemption starts with a game tomorrow. But there's been precious little indication that he gives a fuck about it.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 12, 2010 10:12 am

aoxo1 wrote:OK I'm done with game 5 as suggested earlier.

Cavs can still win this thing. Ain't over yet, and I'll be glad to change my tune if they do.

Thats a bullshit attitude, where is the aoxo from last night.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 12, 2010 10:13 am

Half of me hopes his arm is seriously and structurally damaged because the alternative is that he's nothing that we thought he was.
I feel the same way. As much as the timing of it all would suck it is better than knowing the alternative to be true, which would make one ask would you be as concerned if he left knowing the latter?

My gosh do we need to find a way to just get through this series and start fresh in the ECF.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 10:15 am

peeker643 wrote:I don't understand it either. Half of me hopes his arm is seriously and structurally damaged because the alternative is that he's nothing that we thought he was.

Actually, me too. It's really the only understandable answer (outside of dealing with a personal tragedy). The arm is bothering him so much that he has lost confidence in his game, and is distant because he feels helpless, but yet doesn't want to talk about it because he doesn't want his teammates (or the other team, for that matter) to know that he's basically neutered on the court.

But then I remember Game 3, and that sort of shits all over that theory.
Hikohadon

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 10:21 am

peeker643 wrote:Half of me hopes his arm is seriously and structurally damaged because the alternative is that he's nothing that we thought he was.

There has to be something to it. The only time he was at his best, in Game 3, was perhaps not coincidentally when they had their longest break between games in the series.

As for the second part of the statement, too much has already occurred for me to buy into that. Game 5 in '07 against Detroit already happened. Even Game 7 in '08 against Boston. Games 2 and 5 against Orlando last season. He didn't just suddenly turn into a gutless turd for no reason.
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 12, 2010 10:26 am

As for the second part of the statement, too much has already occurred for me to buy into that. Game 5 in '07 against Detroit already happened. Even Game 7 in '08 against Boston. Games 2 and 5 against Orlando last season. He didn't just suddenly turn into a gutless turd for no reason.
I'm gonna play the JB card when addressing that quote, well he is human. In all seriousness though could LeBron be showing up MB on the court, not in an attempt to NOT win, but as to say "look Mike, we're doing it your way and we SUCK, but this is what you want". Sounds crazy but we've all done it with our bosses or some of you with your wives, you do it the other person's way (even knowing your way is better) for the sake of obedience and to drive a point home. LeBron's human right?

It is not the elbow, there is zero on the court evidence of it being such. Love to be wrong on that though.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 10:28 am

FUDU wrote:
I'm gonna play the JB card when addressing that quote, well he is human. In all seriousness though could LeBron be showing up MB on the court, not in an attempt to NOT win, but as to say "look Mike, we're doing it your way and we SUCK, but this is what you want". Sounds crazy but we've all done it with our bosses or some of you with your wives, you do it the other person's way (even knowing your way is better) for the sake of obedience and to drive a point home. LeBron's human right?

I don't buy that, not at Game 5 of the 2nd Round of the playoffs. That's too petty to even comprehend, and this is (I would hope) too important to him.
Hikohadon

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 12, 2010 10:32 am

Hikohadon wrote:
FUDU wrote:

I don't buy that, not at Game 5 of the 2nd Round of the playoffs. That's too petty to even comprehend, and this is (I would hope) too important to him.

I don't know, that actually is something I could buy into as a possibility.
JCoz

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 10:33 am

FUDU wrote:

It is not the elbow, there is zero on the court evidence of it being such. Love to be wrong on that though.

I can't imagine he has that much confidence in his own abilities to put the series at risk to prove a point. And if he wanted to be rid of Brown, he could just win this series and let the continued crappy performances of his supporting cast doom the team against Orlando or the Lakers.

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby r22weiss » Wed May 12, 2010 10:40 am

Actually, me too. It's really the only understandable answer (outside of dealing with a personal tragedy). The arm is bothering him so much that he has lost confidence in his game, and is distant because he feels helpless, but yet doesn't want to talk about it because he doesn't want his teammates (or the other team, for that matter) to know that he's basically neutered on the court.

If i remember correctly, Lebron took a flagrant foul from Kendrick Perkins early in Game 4 where his injured elbow was hit. It didn't look bad at the time but it could have been that foul hit the elbow harder that previously thought and the lack of "rest" between game 4 and 5 has made the injury worse?

Other than that, he's got no excuse.
Last edited by r22weiss on Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
r22weiss

Favorite Player: Victor Martinez
Least Favorite Player: Jonathan Paplebon

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed May 12, 2010 10:43 am

No elbow excuses. :loadof:

If you didn't want to draw attention to the elbow problem, maybe don't shoot a free throw with the other mano. At this point, I am not so sure his left-handed free throw wasn't just a visible grenade thrown at the Bulls, a "hey, look at me moment"

LBJ hoists bad jumpers most of the time and it ain't an elbow issue. Woe is him. :spanky:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 12, 2010 10:46 am

Again I'm not suggesting LeBron is willfully putting victory at risk with his actions just saying he might be going lock step with MB's orders and X's & O's and letting it play out to be the good guy in all this. Then come July in the office with the shades down, goes off and says look what just happened, get this guy out of here, please. In order for that to be remotely true though LeBron would have to be certain he is staying, which IMO he has planned on for a while.

I'm just trying to come up with explanations like everyone else.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 10:50 am

r22weiss wrote:

If i remember correctly, Lebron took a flagrant foul from Kendrick Perkins early in Game 4 where his ingured elbow was hit. It didn't look bad at the time but it could have been that foul hit the elbow harder that previously thought and the lack of "rest" between game 4 and 5 has made the injury worse?

Other than that, he's not no excuse.

Could be. That would be a much more understandable excuse.

One of my problems with the injury theory is this: What does LeBron James do any time he gets hurt? What does he do if he gets fouled hard or knocked to the ground?

Yes, he makes a big production out of it. He wants the whole world to know "that really hurt".

So why, when people everywhere are questioning him, would he hide the injury that might explain it?

I mean, it could be for the reasons I stated before (doesn't want his teammates to lose heart, doesn't want the enemy to take advantage), but it doesn't seem like his MO.

It's a strange day indeed where, in the middle of a playoff series, we're hoping that LeBron James is hurt.
Hikohadon

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed May 12, 2010 10:53 am

I remember when Beckham Wyrick hit him in the ribs early in the D2 State title game that SVSM lost, it was as if he had been hit by a sledgehammer. I don't care if he is hurt or not, put up a fight.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 12, 2010 11:01 am

RIBrownsFan, why does your avatar look like a winking penis?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby DrPoove » Wed May 12, 2010 11:02 am

jb wrote:I don't know if that is EXACTLY what he is saying.

I hear you, but it doesn't mean we all shouldn't strive for more.

I look back at Nance, Price and Daugherty and smile but often lament we didn't get more.

This team has had a much better shot at bringing it home and has been unable to twice, in horrific fashion.

Maybe just a different view of the same thing...
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Unread postby DrPoove » Wed May 12, 2010 11:02 am

Ziner wrote:RIBrownsFan, why does your avatar look like a winking penis?

Why do you see winking penises everywhere????

::doh::

;-) ;) :wink:
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 12, 2010 11:05 am

DrPoove wrote:
Ziner wrote:RIBrownsFan, why does your avatar look like a winking penis?

Why do you see winking penises everywhere????

::doh::

;-) ;) :wink:

haha, Its just driving me nuts, he usually isnt around as much as he is today and scrolling down the page makes me feel as if it is just a page of winking dicks
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby RedDawg » Wed May 12, 2010 11:20 am

Hikohadon wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:Whether LeBron leaves at the end of this season or ten years from now, this is the golden era of Cavs basketball, and people should be savoring it and giving the team all they've got, not peeing in their fucking pants because Marty played prevent in January of '87.

Actually, let me respond to that.

Unless you're over 50, there is no fucking "Golden Era".

One might argue that the "Golden Era" of the Cavs were the Price-Daugherty-Nance years, but you know what we all REALLY remember about that? Jordan hittin the shot over Craig fucking Ehlo.

And (unless you're over 50), the "Golden Era" of the Browns was The Drive and The Fumble. Not even one fukcing measly appearance in a Super Bowl.

The Tribe's "Golden Era" was the 90's, culminating in 2 World Series losses, one of which was more painful than gargling broken glass.

There is no fucking "Golden Era" here. If you think one token appearance in the NBA Finals and a bunch of fucking disappointing disasters thereafter should make me want to dance a fucking jig and wax poetic to my grandchildren about the fantastic "LeBron Years", then Fuck You.

Golden Era my ass.

Win a fucking championship and I'll call it a "Golden Era". Until then... 1964 Mutha Fucka.

I think of this as more of a "Silver Era".

We're about as happy about this Silver Era as Canada is when they win the silver medal in men's hockey.

Second place is the first loser, and the most painful loss to end your season.

Wait, we haven't made the Championship or the ECF yet, so is this the Bronze Era? Or maybe the Copper Era..

Yeah, we are in the Copper Era. Whoo-hoo!

BTW, who does this remind you of last night? -> :hide:
RedDawg

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Rapistberger

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed May 12, 2010 11:49 am

This series isn't over.

Love,
Mr. Blutarski

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed May 12, 2010 12:00 pm

I absolutely believe its the elbow. FUDU says there is no evidence on the court of that but I say there is.

4/27 Final Bulls game. LeBron uncharacteristically takes only 12 shots but Cavs win.

5/1 With four days of rest and therapy LeBron takes 24 shots in Game 1 against Boston, scores 35 points and the Cavs win.

5/3 Only two days of rest. LeBron takes only 15 shots and the Cavs lose.

5/7 Four days of rest. LeBron comes out firing, putting up 21 first quarter points. For the game he takes 22 shots in about three quarters of play for 38 points.

5/9 Two days off, elbow is aching. LeBron takes 18 shots, scoring only 22. Cavs lose.

5/11 Third game in five days. The elbow is really screaming now. LeBron passes up "tons of open looks" in the first half as FUDU noted, and only takes three shots in the first half. The Celtics back off in the second half and LeBron tries some jump shots but only makes one. A couple of his unchallenged 3-pointers barely hit the rim.

What I'm seeing is that when he gets four days of rest and therapy he comes out and plays typical LeBron. With only one day between games he's a different player altogether.

Oh yeah. In the Cavs three losses he's 0-for-13 from downtown. In the two wins he's 5-for-9. I'm pretty sure it's the elbow. The longer the shot the more it affects him. It doesn't bother him on the free throws because you mostly use the wrist.

What bothers him is not being able to play his game, to take over the game like he's used to doing. Windhorst reported that during the time-outs he gazes off into space. This injury has gotten into his head. He's never been in this position before.

Then we have the domino effect of LeBron's injury/malaise on the rest of the team. It ripples down to everybody else. They're all role players - none of them can take over the reins when the leader goes down.

That's what I think is happening. I'm about 90% sure on this one. Somebody will probably accuse me of murdering stats and that's fine. If somebody has a better explanation for what is going on with this team, I'd like to hear it. And if somebody can punch holes in my theory, please go ahead. I've been told I have a lot to learn from the folks on this board. Well, let's hear it.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 12, 2010 12:04 pm

Ok now do you care to tackle the issue of no ugly misses and his release looks normal and the shot in general looks the same as it has all season?

If an elbow is hurting that bad and influencing the performance on the court you'd see it in the shot and the flight of the ball.

ETA: not to mention the controversial FT, you said it yourself. It doesn't bother him on the free throws because you mostly use the wrist. If so then why the left handed FT? Doesn't add up, and you pretty much conclude that in your post.

FUDU

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed May 12, 2010 12:26 pm

FUDU wrote:Ok now do you care to tackle the issue of no ugly misses and his release looks normal and the shot in general looks the same as it has all season?

If an elbow is hurting that bad and influencing the performance on the court you'd see it in the shot and the flight of the ball.

ETA: not to mention the controversial FT, you said it yourself. It doesn't bother him on the free throws because you mostly use the wrist. If so then why the left handed FT? Doesn't add up, and you pretty much conclude that in your post.

As I recall, all of his missed 3-pointers were short, hitting or grazing the front of the rim. Same with most of his 2-point jumpers. I agree his release looks normal but the ball is not on target. Why? LeBron said it himself - his elbow goes "numb" during the game. So maybe it's not pain that's the issue, it's numbness. Didn't I read that the affected bone is the funny bone? His release looks normal because there's little or no pain but the numbness affects his accuracy. Sound logical?

I never had to play hoops with a numb shooting elbow but I sure as hell bet it would affect my outside shot.

The left-handed FT came at the end of the last game of a five game series. The elbow must have really been hurting by that point. He said he would have shot it right-handed if they needed the point, like he's doing now.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 12, 2010 12:31 pm

So now the right elbow effects the left hands ability to dribble and finish with left hand, and effects the ability to decide to take it strong to the hole and to hide on the opposite side of the court 24 feet away from the idiots in the same color unis trying not to look foolish?

FUDU

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed May 12, 2010 1:06 pm

FUDU wrote:So now the right elbow effects the left hands ability to dribble and finish with left hand, and effects the ability to decide to take it strong to the hole and to hide on the opposite side of the court 24 feet away from the idiots in the same color unis trying not to look foolish?

I didn't say his right elbow affected his ability to dribble with his left hand. But if goes to his left it exposes his right arm to taking a hit, like when Perkins (or Davis?) nailed him with that flagrant foul to his right side earlier in the series.

He was "taking it strong to the hole" in the 2nd quarter and getting fouled consistently. He wasn't able to finish with either hand because the Celtics were making contact further from the rim. It's stupid to foul LeBron at the rim; he's too strong and will score anyway. But if you hit him 5-10 feet out he's much less likely to get the bucket. That's what I saw - they were hitting him earlier in his drive and making sure he didn't get the shot off. YMMV.

As for hiding in the corner, how do we explain that? He was bored? He suddenly lost the intense competitive fire we've seen for seven years? Roker told him to stop hogging the ball so much? Or how about...his elbow is screwed up and he knows he can't hit the jumper and the Celtics are packing the paint and he doesn't know what the hell to do?
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed May 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Shit's far from over people. I fully expect the Cavs to rape both games.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:12 pm

That elbow prevent him from giving any effort on defense?
aoxo1

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 12, 2010 1:12 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:I fully expect the Cavs to rape both games.

I fully expect you to have a shitty weekend.
JCoz

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed May 12, 2010 1:15 pm

JCoz wrote:

I fully expect that I'll be gloating over all my Kobe friends, my Knick friends, and my Celtic friends.

Does no one recall how shitty LeBron played in the 1st 2 Piston games in 07?
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 12, 2010 1:17 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:
JCoz wrote:

I fully expect that I'll be gloating over all my Kobe friends, my Knick friends, and my Celtic friends.

Does no one recall how shitty LeBron played in the 1st 2 Piston games in 07?

Gloating? If it does happen you dont gloat over a series you should have lost. Additionally you better get it in quick cause it would only be 2 days before Orlando starts their destruction of us.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed May 12, 2010 1:19 pm

It is gloating when pretty much everyone I know is in one of those 3 camps, and all have been giving me non stop shit since mid 3rd quarter last night.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:29 pm

FWIW I could see the elbow bothering him and preventing him from playing his game.

But that is no excuse for the way he played. He is still capable of affecting a game even if he can't hit a j to save his life. He was checked out on defense. He ran the offense for nearly every play and didn't create anything for anyone.

If he thinks he can't shoot, he needs to stop taking the ball on the perimeter and receive it in the post, even if his post game is not fully developed. And he needs to move without the ball. He didn't do any of that.

If the elbow was the problem, it doesn't change the fact that he flailed and then gave up out there.
aoxo1

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed May 12, 2010 1:44 pm

aoxo1 wrote:FWIW I could see the elbow bothering him and preventing him from playing his game.

But that is no excuse for the way he played. He is still capable of affecting a game even if he can't hit a j to save his life. He and the entire team were checked out on defense. He ran the offense for nearly every play and didn't create anything for anyone.

If he thinks he can't shoot, he needs to stop taking the ball on the perimeter and receive it in the post, even if his post game is not fully developed. And he needs to move without the ball, along with the other 4 guys on the court. He didn't do any of that.

If the elbow was the problem, it doesn't change the fact that he flailed and then gave up out there.

Fixed some of that for ya.

If his elbow was THAT much a problem, Don't you think his arm would be dangling at his side after that 1 qtr over hand laser cross court pass to AP?

Something is inside this kids head and no one knows what it is except himself. He's disinterested in huddles, could give 2 shits what the coaches are telling him. During the regular season you'd see him on the sidelines during breaks in play, talking w/ Jentor or whomever. It's like he's giving a big FU to the coaching staff which may be a part of what Windy alluded to in his blog. If that's the case then pull a Dawson on Jon Voight ala/ Varsity Blues and coach you're teammates on the court, F Brown. Just do something that's going to help you win the next game. As Windy stated on the radio, it's his legacy that'll be tarnished if he goes out like Duran screaming, "no mas". I believe(hope) he's got enough self pride to go down fighting.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 1:48 pm

Prosecutor wrote:I absolutely believe its the elbow. FUDU says there is no evidence on the court of that but I say there is.

4/27 Final Bulls game. LeBron uncharacteristically takes only 12 shots but Cavs win.

5/1 With four days of rest and therapy LeBron takes 24 shots in Game 1 against Boston, scores 35 points and the Cavs win.

5/3 Only two days of rest. LeBron takes only 15 shots and the Cavs lose.

5/7 Four days of rest. LeBron comes out firing, putting up 21 first quarter points. For the game he takes 22 shots in about three quarters of play for 38 points.

5/9 Two days off, elbow is aching. LeBron takes 18 shots, scoring only 22. Cavs lose.

5/11 Third game in five days. The elbow is really screaming now. LeBron passes up "tons of open looks" in the first half as FUDU noted, and only takes three shots in the first half. The Celtics back off in the second half and LeBron tries some jump shots but only makes one. A couple of his unchallenged 3-pointers barely hit the rim.

What I'm seeing is that when he gets four days of rest and therapy he comes out and plays typical LeBron. With only one day between games he's a different player altogether.

Oh yeah. In the Cavs three losses he's 0-for-13 from downtown. In the two wins he's 5-for-9. I'm pretty sure it's the elbow. The longer the shot the more it affects him. It doesn't bother him on the free throws because you mostly use the wrist.

What bothers him is not being able to play his game, to take over the game like he's used to doing. Windhorst reported that during the time-outs he gazes off into space. This injury has gotten into his head. He's never been in this position before.

Then we have the domino effect of LeBron's injury/malaise on the rest of the team. It ripples down to everybody else. They're all role players - none of them can take over the reins when the leader goes down.

That's what I think is happening. I'm about 90% sure on this one. Somebody will probably accuse me of murdering stats and that's fine. If somebody has a better explanation for what is going on with this team, I'd like to hear it. And if somebody can punch holes in my theory, please go ahead. I've been told I have a lot to learn from the folks on this board. Well, let's hear it.

Let's say this theory is true (and the logic is pretty sound). This presents a good news/bad news scenario:

Good news - There is an explainable, somewhat understandable reason for this situation, and there's every reason to believe that LeB can return to his old self, and the Cavs probably still have the best shot at re-signing him.

Bad News - Cross off another season, b/c even if they miraculously come back and take this series, they have a snowball's chance in Detroit of beating ORL and the Lakers with pseudo-LeB.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed May 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Bad news - the next game is tomorrow. Only one day between games. If the pattern holds, he won't be able to hit the jumper tomorrow, either.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think there's a reason he's averaging 36.5 ppg with three days off and 20.3 ppg with one day off. I'm no doctor but I heard that things like bruises and strains get better with rest and therapy.

I agree that LeBron needs to figure out what he can do and concentrate on that. Defense is a good start. Also, the Celtics have been killing us on the boards. LeBron needs to forget about leaking out and hit the defensive boards. On offense, he can still draw fouls with penetration and he can still pass as well as anyone. He's going to have to focus on defense, rebounding, assists, and scoring from the free throw line if the elbow isn't there. The supporting cast is going to have to play ferocious team defense and knock down their shots. Yeah, it's gonna be a mother of a gut check.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed May 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Prosecutor wrote:Bad news - the next game is tomorrow. Only one day between games. If the pattern holds, he won't be able to hit the jumper tomorrow, either.

Nah, in that case we should be fine. LeBrons been resting since Sunday.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed May 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Aha! That's it!

LeBron needs the extra rest for his elbow to work. Knowing he would have extra time between Games 6 and 7, he mailed in Game 5, thus giving him the additional rest he'd need to dominate in Game 6 as well as Game 7.

Brilliant plan.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 12, 2010 3:36 pm

SERIOUS BASKETBALL ANALYSIS!

LOUD NOISES!

I win.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:47 pm

If any of you are capable of seriously analyzing that sack of shit from last night you are a better poster than me.

I'm still in shock and frankly there is little to nothing to analyze.

Maybe in a few weeks I'll come back down to earth.

The Woj, Windy and Dwyer pieces were fantastic though.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA