Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu May 13, 2010 11:38 pm

Is this where I cast my vote for which Cavs player should replace Lebron on the front page banner?
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:38 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Chad Ford already says three GM's told him they strongly believe LBJ ends up in Chicago.

It makes the most sense, that much I know.

It DOES make the most sense, except for the Ohio born aspect. But I wouldn't put any stock in it. They almost certainly only know what we know.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 13, 2010 11:38 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Chad Ford already says three GM's told him they strongly believe LBJ ends up in Chicago.

To me that is the only one that makes sense, outside the living up to Jordon's legacy part, but I think that would only be a minor second guess type issue.

Isn't Chad Ford quite the rumor whore?
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu May 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:Is this where I cast my vote for which Cavs player should replace Lebron on the front page banner?

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:39 pm

aoxo1 wrote:

It DOES make the most sense, except for the Ohio born aspect. But I wouldn't put any stock in it. They almost certainly only know what we know.

Oh absolutely.

Just sayin'

Anyone w/ a pulse should say Chicago. Although that front office and ownership situation is a disaster. I don't know if LBJ wants to hitch his train back to the Paxsons.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Orenthal wrote:

To me that is the only one that makes sense, outside the living up to Jordon's legacy part, but I think that would only be a minor second guess type issue.

Chad Ford is a joke.
aoxo1

Unread postby jerryroche » Thu May 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Didn't watch the game tonight, fellas. Checked out the score every once in a while on NBA.com.
The handwriting was on the wall three-four weeks ago. For some reason, Roker's Team-D went south at the end of the regular season. Boston laid some early D on the Cavs, and they folded. How long's it been since the Cavs hit 40% from the field? The head coach's job is to put players in a position where they are most likely to score, and he hasn't done it this past week ... or hardly ever.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby CP » Thu May 13, 2010 11:40 pm

Media is ignoring potential for coaching change in Cleveland. Also, if Bron really wants to go to Chicago, and if Chicago really wants to win, they sign Wade to a max deal and work out sign-and-trade for Bron.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:40 pm

Orenthal wrote:

yeah, Chad Ford is a giant fucking asshat that has been creaming his pants about this FA for three years. He's the worst of all of them and he doesn't actually ever break FA stories.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 13, 2010 11:40 pm

Orenthal wrote:
Your favorite coach Jeff Van Gundy is out ther... :partyers:

btw the guy passing out is me in those emoticons. I'm not a season'd as the rest of you drunks...

I'm not far behind. I'm fucking baked and getting pretty drunk.

I don't really want to remember this tomorrow. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:40 pm

and STFU SSS, you weren't more than a Sperm during the Price era. Stop fucking posting.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 13, 2010 11:41 pm

+1 eye those are the names I have called out? Any chance in yer opinion Larry Brown sees a challange here? Adelman would have been very high on my list...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 13, 2010 11:42 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:JVG actually strikes me as a viable option considering the names available. Beyond him you're looking at the Lawrence Frank and Avery Johnson's of the world.

Hell see if the corpse of Hubie wants to coach for a year or two.

Sucks this isn't one of those off-seasons w/ an Adelman and Carlyle available.

Just out of morbid cuirosity, what about Coach K?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jerryroche » Thu May 13, 2010 11:43 pm

Didn't watch the game tonight, fellas. Checked out the score every once in a while on NBA.com.
The handwriting was on the wall three-four weeks ago. For some reason, Roker's Team-D went south at the end of the regular season. Boston laid some early D on the Cavs, and they folded. How long's it been since the Cavs hit 40% from the field? The head coach's job is to put players in a position where they are most likely to score, and he hasn't done it this past week ... or hardly ever.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:43 pm

Orenthal wrote:+1 eye those are the names I have called out? Any chance in yer opinion Larry Brown sees a challange here? Adelman would have been very high on my list...

EVERYONE believes Brown either stays w/ Jordan or goes where his family is in Philly.

He is Larry Brown so who knows, but I wouldn't bank on it. Though I wouldn't bank on Larry Brown taking a shit tomorrow morning if given the opportunity.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby papacass » Thu May 13, 2010 11:43 pm

Right after the Cavs got eliminated in humiliating fashion. Ford getting quotes like that tonight is only slightly easier than finding water in a lake.

"Pssssh, no way LeBron stays in Cleveland now. Oh, where? I think Chicago is a good place for him...."

Lather, rinse, repeat a few times and then package it as "Multiple insiders say...."

Chad Ford quotes do not belong in any basketball discussion that doesn't involve the NBA Draft. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:44 pm

Don't discount Phil Jackson. Word is the Lakers want him to take a pay cut and he might retire rather than take it.

If it weren't for the fact that he would apparently keep coaching for a high salary there, I would assume he is retiring due to health. But if Gilbert really opens the vault for a couple years?

Believe him and Jeannie Buss broke up a while back, too.

edit: yeah nuts I know
aoxo1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:44 pm

Coach K ain't going pro. He'd be a damn interesting name, but it would take an INSANE contract to get him to come and even if you offer him mad money the odds are low. Guy has his kingdom.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:45 pm

aoxo1 wrote:Don't discount Phil Jackson. Word is the Lakers want him to take a pay cut and he might retire rather than take it.

If it weren't for the fact that he would apparently keep coaching for a high salary there, I would assume he is retiring due to health. But if Gilbert really opens the vault for a couple years?

Naw he is still w/ Buss I think. I know she said something when the Lake Show rumors came up about him coaching somewhere next year no matter what.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby CP » Thu May 13, 2010 11:45 pm

All this Bron-Chicago talk... everyone keeps saying that Bron is soft, doesn't like criticism, etc, etc. Why in the hell would he go to Chicago where he'd have two threepeats to compete with and pass that Jordan statue every home game?
CP

Unread postby JoJo White » Thu May 13, 2010 11:46 pm

If Lebron does stay, what roster changes can realistically be made?

Mo and Jamo cannot be dealt b/c of their contracts, no good FAs will be signed b/c we're over the cap, and we'll all be 1 year older. Guh.
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:46 pm

CP wrote:All this Bron-Chicago talk... everyone keeps saying that Bron is soft, doesn't like criticism, etc, etc. Why in the hell would he go to Chicago where he'd have two threepeats to compete with and pass that Jordan statue every home game?

Derek Rose and Noah. Add in the fact that Deng is a fine fourth option and you have a MUCH better core then the Cavs could ever hope to offer him.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:47 pm

CP wrote:Media is ignoring potential for coaching change in Cleveland. Also, if Bron really wants to go to Chicago, and if Chicago really wants to win, they sign Wade to a max deal and work out sign-and-trade for Bron.

Now that's not even possible for the Bulls to do.

The Knicks could get 2 max players, to my understanding. That's it, Miami, I suppose but that would mean re-signing Wade.

The coaching change probably means blah. We bring in Cal, we still will have major issues. The guy to bring in is Van Gundy but he isn't coming without Bron and I don't see that. JVG for Lebron would actually really be intruiging but it's likely a pipe dream.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu May 13, 2010 11:47 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:and STFU SSS, you weren't more than a Sperm during the Price era. Stop fucking posting.

Seriously dude, why you so bitter with me? I posted a picture. let me dive into your brain. Was these some kid in kindergarten that hated the Steelers back in the day, and used to pick on you? are you angry that I don't know the top 5 free throw shooters in the NBA or some shit? I really have no beef with you, don't seem a need to have one. let it go. Go be angry at your cat or something.

also oooh wow. who the fuck else am I supposed to fucking post? Bimbo Coles? Shawn Fucking Kemp? Rickey Davis? blue seats? Yup, there was some great basketball being played in the 21 years I was a kid in this town :rolleyes:.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:47 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:Don't discount Phil Jackson. Word is the Lakers want him to take a pay cut and he might retire rather than take it.

Naw he is still w/ Buss I think. I know she said something when the Lake Show rumors came up about him coaching somewhere next year no matter what.

Yeah you're right. And this was just 2 weeks ago: http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... id=5146034
"I know Phil will be coaching next year, somewhere. Whether it's here or someplace else I don't know," Buss said. "There's going to be a lot of good jobs that come up this summer."
aoxo1

Unread postby CP » Thu May 13, 2010 11:48 pm

I hear that logic and agree with it eye, I'm talking about the pressure that he'll see at the end of the day. The expectations in Cleveland and NY will be tempered for different reasons. Chicago is expecting Jordan v2.0 and he'll be vilified there if he doesn't win multiple titles.
Last edited by CP on Thu May 13, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CP

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 13, 2010 11:48 pm

Triple-S wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:and STFU SSS, you weren't more than a Sperm during the Price era. Stop fucking posting.

Seriously dude, why you so bitter with me? I posted a picture. let me dive into your brain. Was these some kid in kindergarten that hated the Steelers back in the day, and used to pick on you? are you angry that I don't know the top 5 free throw shooters in the NBA or some shit? I really have no beef with you, don't seem a need to have one. let it go. Go be angry at your cat or something.

also oooh wow. who the fuck else am I supposed to fucking post? Bimbo Coles? Shawn Fucking Kemp? Rickey Davis? blue seats? Yup, there was some great basketball being played in the 21 years I was a kid in this town :rolleyes:.

I just wouldn't have replied to an obvious bait... Just me...
Orenthal

Unread postby papacass » Thu May 13, 2010 11:48 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:JVG actually strikes me as a viable option considering the names available. Beyond him you're looking at the Lawrence Frank and Avery Johnson's of the world.

Hell see if the corpse of Hubie wants to coach for a year or two.

Sucks this isn't one of those off-seasons w/ an Adelman and Carlyle available.

Just out of morbid cuirosity, what about Coach K?

We've already watched one living legend fillet his reputation over the past week. I don't need to see another.

Coach K should do absolutely nothing that would sully his reputation as one of the greatest college coaches of all time. If he even thinks about the NBA, Pitino and Calipari need to fly to Durham and do an intervention.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:48 pm

Because you add fucking nothing SSS. I am in no mood for your gawd damn fucking "pay attention to me because i can post a pic of a guy I never saw play" bullshit.

Not the fucking time or place for you posting at all.

STFU and sit down in timeout where you belong.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:51 pm

CP wrote:I hear that logic and agree with it eye, I'm talking about the pressure that he'll see at the end of the day. The expectations in Cleveland and NY will be tempered for different reasons. Chicago is expecting Jordan v2.0 and he'll be vilified there if he doesn't win multiple titles.

And he wasn't vilified in C-town this past week?

Did you read even these boards this week?

If it's about rings Chicago is where he should go. Money Cleveland. Being Jay-Z NYC.

Those three things are facts, which road he chooses is all that remains to be seen.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Also, amazingly, Schuhmann posted on Twitter during the game that the Knicks had six papers at the game and even had a PR guy there.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:54 pm

Before it ever gets legs can we all agree taht Phil Jackson would NEVER come to Cleveland to coach???

I mean, seriously, guys. Stop.

We aren't getting Phil. Phil's going to be in LA, Chicago, Brooklyn or NYC.

I will say this about Bron. He goes to NYC and I don't see him winning anything right off the bat. In Chicago, I'll say that they will have outside shooting issues and, if I cared, I would be fascinated to see him play with a PG. Frankly, there is a part of me that doesn't think he can.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Unread postby CP » Thu May 13, 2010 11:54 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Derek Rose and Noah. Add in the fact that Deng is a fine fourth option and you have a MUCH better core then the Cavs could ever hope to offer him.

For the record, this roster could be salvaged if done correctly. Even assuming you can't make a major move, letting go of Shaq and Z and picking up the typical Cs as backups, you could do:

PG - Mo
SG - Parker
SF - James
PF - Hickson
C - Varejao
6th man - Jamison
7-12 - West, Moon, Gibson, Powe, Jawad, backup C.

That team still wins 50+ games in the regular season and you'd just have to hope that a better coach gets more out of them in a playoff series where they aren't that far away.
CP

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu May 13, 2010 11:54 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Because you add fucking nothing SSS. I am in no mood for your gawd damn fucking "pay attention to me because i can post a pic of a guy I never saw play" bullshit.

What do you want me to add at this point? Cavs just shit the fucking bed, life sucks (sports wise, everything else is cool), and we all have to wake up tomorrow with massive hangovers.

Seriously what?..tell me, NBA basketball as far as we know in this town is back to the blue seats era. I mean, you yourself just pointed out chicago as being a likely destination.

Triple-S

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 pm

No one in that front court matches Noah, no one on that roster is near Noah or Rose and good lord Mo to Rose is night and day CP.

It's not even really close.

And Deng and Gibson are servicable backups.

Outside shooting would be the issue and would have to be attacked, but that roster shits on ours and a core of LBJ, Noah and Rose can be built upon for years. Dynasty style.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Also, amazingly, Schuhmann posted on Twitter during the game that the Knicks had six papers at the game and even had a PR guy there.

Yeah, it's helped increase the flap many have had with Windy throughout the year.

Iosla is a douche...
noles1

Unread postby CP » Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
And he wasn't vilified in C-town this past week?

Did you read even these boards this week?

If it's about rings Chicago is where he should go. Money Cleveland. Being Jay-Z NYC.

Those three things are facts, which road he chooses is all that remains to be seen.

This type of vilification is nothing. Euphoria would ensue moment he signed his new deal. I read the boards, but I don't think the board's collective opinion necessarily represents the masses, particularly the masses who buy tickets.
CP

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Triple-S wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Because you add fucking nothing SSS. I am in no mood for your gawd damn fucking "pay attention to me because i can post a pic of a guy I never saw play" bullshit.

What do you want me to add at this point? Cavs just shit the fucking bed, life sucks (sports wise, everything else is cool), and we all have to wake up tomorrow with massive hangovers.

Seriously what?..tell me, NBA basketball as far as we know in this town is back to the blue seats era. I mean, you yourself just pointed out chicago as being a likely destination.

Just. Don't. Fucking. Post.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:00 am

ouch:

KG on LBJ 2010: "Loyalty is something that hurts you, cause you can't get youth back...I would have done it earlier."

Still waiting to see if LBJ takes the podium so I can stop w/ the stupid effing night.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:01 am

LBJ is at the podium if you have NBATV.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 14, 2010 12:02 am

I don't wonder if it is hitting nba.com?

Edit - It is on nba.com, just caught him saying all guys are hurt at this time. Did I miss anything eye? He isn't exactly an interview that you will learn anything from...
Last edited by Orenthal on Fri May 14, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

e0y2e3 wrote:LBJ is at the podium if you have NBATV.

I do not, so a recap would be apprecitated.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby CP » Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

CP

Unread postby noles1 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:04 am

e0y2e3 wrote:ouch:

KG on LBJ 2010: "Loyalty is something that hurts you, cause you can't get youth back...I would have done it earlier."

Still waiting to see if LBJ takes the podium so I can stop w/ the stupid effing night.

I hate the prick but I'm not sure he isn't 100% spot on with that take.

I'll say this, over the next 2 months we could look back at the Hughes-Marshall-Jones summer and realize how disasterous that truly was to the Cavs franchise. Then to not move JJ or the Capt. Jack deal could be the final straws.
noles1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 14, 2010 12:04 am

CP wrote:http://www.nba.com/playoffs2010/live1/

Gracias.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri May 14, 2010 12:05 am

If this wasn't Lebron's last game as a Cavalier, I will be the most shocked member of this forum.

I'll have much to say in the next few days, but what happened this series, I truly believe, was years in the making ...and this was just the final act of his Cleveland days.

You don't spend seven years with a guy, and all the sudden see another human being suddenly emerge about two weeks ago that you never saw befoere nor recognize.

One that now refuses to communicate with our head coach, asst. coaches, gm , or owner.

One that plays a game notches lower than at any time in seven years with us, with no tangible explanation.

Sumptin was up ....I expect this summer all the pieces will fall in place. But, as of now ...don't get your hopes up thinking that he's staying here, folks. This played out like this for a reason. We might not be able to fully understand it right now, because we aren't part of the equation that orchestrated it.

But, if being a guy that is very very skeptical when I see things that seemingly make no sense makes me a "conspiracy theorist" ..then throw that tag on me.

We just got played.

http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=31243&page=8

Wine and Gold just weighed in on RCF.

Triple-S

Unread postby CP » Fri May 14, 2010 12:07 am

Wine and Gold's post reeks of the organization taking a major backpedaling step just to try and save face if/when he leaves. As if it wasn't their fault, he did this to them.
CP

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 14, 2010 12:08 am

Who is Wine & Gold?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 14, 2010 12:10 am

Nothing new there, consumate politician interview he always gives...
Orenthal

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 14, 2010 12:11 am

If LBJ is smart (and he might be a massive diseased pussy, but he's not dumb), he'll go to Chicago.

They got an elite PG, they got some pieces, and you ain't startin' over like NY/NJ, and you ain't wallowing in mediocrity like you will in Cleveland ('specially if you puss out like you did this last week).

'Course, LBJ in Chicago is a pressure cooker from hell, and he'll probably fail there too. It would be shallow of me to wish him ill if he leaves. I am a shallow man.

Regardless... If your boy goes, Gloria (and all Bronnie's posse), your Ohio Card is revoked. Please turn it over at the Indiana line.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA