Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu May 13, 2010 11:04 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Ohio state is not a cleveland team.


You should come visit Cleveland some time. Preferably during the fall.


by that definition the Steelers are a cleveland team.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Madre, I love Tressel and the mean of the scarlet and grey (from September to January( as much as the next guy, but I don't consider them a "cleveland" team.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby noles1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 pm

jb wrote:
noles1 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Make sure you shake all their hands, LBJ. Cement that legacy. Oooh and hugs too, nice touch.


No shit.

Hell, give em a kiss while you'll at it too. Jesus. That end of th game scene and the jersey takeoff and everything, it seemed like Bron was relieved at this point. Shocking.

I'll say this, that guy is gone, gone, gone.

Chicago or New York. Guaranteed.

Indians may enjoy the attendance boost in the coming years...



Oh fuck you.

He doesn't shake he gets killed.

Hr shows c;ass you kill him.

Red fucking herrings you retards


Fuck that, JB.

I ain't and NEVER been in that crowd.

Pure BS. The end of that game was a crock of shit and gutless. Can't defend it. Period. Pure shit by everyone. That was an F-You to Mike Brown at the very least. Bron after that was pathetic with his shit.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 pm

I feel sick. Expand later... discussing Business Ethics... gag me.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby waborat » Thu May 13, 2010 11:06 pm

OldDawg wrote:Who is starting the official Roker axe watch thread


His shits already been sent out in a yellow cab...

His security clearance is no more...

Door's locked
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Doc » Thu May 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Weakest 27/19/10 ever?
Doc
 
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:42 pm
Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby waborat » Thu May 13, 2010 11:09 pm

Doc wrote:Weakest 27/19/10 ever?


Be even worse if he was a model
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby JJN » Thu May 13, 2010 11:10 pm

Couldn't care less right now, not letting this get to me like last year. Don't want to hear a word about the Cavs until LBJ decides where he is going. Honestly, might not want to know when that happens either.
JJN
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:25 pm
Location: Erie, PA
Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 13, 2010 11:10 pm

jb wrote:
noles1 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Make sure you shake all their hands, LBJ. Cement that legacy. Oooh and hugs too, nice touch.


No shit.

Hell, give em a kiss while you'll at it too. Jesus. That end of th game scene and the jersey takeoff and everything, it seemed like Bron was relieved at this point. Shocking.

I'll say this, that guy is gone, gone, gone.

Chicago or New York. Guaranteed.

Indians may enjoy the attendance boost in the coming years...



Oh fuck you.

He doesn't shake he gets killed.

Hr shows c;ass you kill him.

Red fucking herrings you retards

Thank you jb. I gotta lay low for a minute. Lot's here had too much to drink. You'd think the Cleveland sports history live or in montage form, would be enough to desensitize...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 13, 2010 11:10 pm

Doc wrote:Weakest 27/19/10 ever?


You mean 27/19/10/9

At least he showed up tonight. More than we can say about Jamison. Pussy
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby papacass » Thu May 13, 2010 11:11 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Ohio state is not a cleveland team.


You should come visit Cleveland some time. Preferably during the fall.


OSU has a huge Cleveland fan base, but it's not a Cleveland team. If Cincinnati can share equally in the celebration, it's not a Cleveland team. And it's college. There's that, too.
papacass
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:35 am
Location: Fairview Park, OH
Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby noles1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:11 pm

Doc wrote:Weakest 27/19/10 ever?



Hey, give him credit... he had 9 turnovers too that probably led to 16 pts. too!

Lost in this though is that Jamo sucked about as bad as one could suck! Anyone re-thinking that Amare deal now??? Jesus Christ.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Jamison was the worst player on the floor this series.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 13, 2010 11:12 pm

noles1 wrote:
Doc wrote:Weakest 27/19/10 ever?



Hey, give him credit... he had 9 turnovers too that probably led to 16 pts. too!

Lost in this though is that Jamo sucked about as bad as one could suck! Anyone re-thinking that Amare deal now??? Jesus Christ.


or low balling the shit out of GS for S. Jackson
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:13 pm

It's no wonder he has always been on shitty, shitty teams. Who would have thought the reason the Wiz had any modicum of success was Gil?
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 13, 2010 11:13 pm

Same old, same old on offense; lots of 1 man dribbling while otherwise useful guys, who have proven it on other teams, are relagated to watching at the three point line. No more complicated then that. Roker not being fired is the only thing that would put me through the roof, I am too apathetic to the rest of the drama.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 pm

papacass wrote:
Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Ohio state is not a cleveland team.


You should come visit Cleveland some time. Preferably during the fall.


OSU has a huge Cleveland fan base, but it's not a Cleveland team. If Cincinnati can share equally in the celebration, it's not a Cleveland team. And it's college. There's that, too.


Implying there's no Cavs fan in Cincy.

Implying a College NT doesn't as much as a Pro title.

Implying implying implying.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Orenthal wrote:Same old, same old on offense; lots of 1 man dribbling while otherwise useful guys, who have proven it on other teams, are relagated to watching at the three point line. No more complicated then that. Roker not being fired is the only thing that would put me through the roof, I am too apathetic to the rest of the drama.

Truth.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Thu May 13, 2010 11:15 pm

The cast just wasn't good enough again. Between Deer in the headlights Jamison, Shaq's corpse, and One Game a Series Mo, they just weren't what we all hoped for or what they were advertised as.

If he stays, there will be better days. If he goes, then I'll be enjoying cheaper tickets at the Q again.
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
User avatar
RIBrownsFan
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Favorite Player: Howard Baldwin
Least Favorite Player: the Prom Queen's ego

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Cease » Thu May 13, 2010 11:16 pm

papacass wrote:You ever notice how every time a Cleveland team has a chance to win a championship, something always thwarts them, without fail?


Um, yes.
User avatar
Cease
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:47 am
Location: The View
Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby waborat » Thu May 13, 2010 11:18 pm

RIBrownsFan wrote:
If he stays, there will be better days. If he goes, then I'll be enjoying cheaper tickets at the Q again.


Only if you go see a Monsters' game...

When's the last time you remember a professional sport's team lowering prices?
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu May 13, 2010 11:20 pm

Orenthal wrote:Same old, same old on offense; lots of 1 man dribbling while otherwise useful guys, who have proven it on other teams, are relagated to watching at the three point line. No more complicated then that. Roker not being fired is the only thing that would put me through the roof, I am too apathetic to the rest of the drama.


Doc Rivers is merrily chugging away at ring #2.

Not sayin' Roker doesn't deserve the door, but this goes beyond Xs and Os and not having Kuenster around to save the offense's bacon.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 13, 2010 11:21 pm

waborat wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:
If he stays, there will be better days. If he goes, then I'll be enjoying cheaper tickets at the Q again.


Only if you go see a Monsters' game...

When's the last time you remember a professional sport's team lowering prices?


I hear the Monsters are pretty expensive too.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby papacass » Thu May 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Roker is gone, Ferry might be gone part-and-parcel style. Shaq is gone. Z is gone. I think Mo should be gone in exchange for an actual PG.

Bron is coming back. There is six weeks of lag time to free agency. It's not like he's going to storm off in a huff and sign with the Knicks tomorrow.

The sting will subside, cooler heads will prevail, and Bron will make the right decision. Which is to not leave up-front money on the table with the CBA set to expire after next season.

As for legacy and titles? Screw that for right now. If the King himself can't guarantee that he's going to show up title-ready in the playoffs, he needs to concentrate on what he can control. And what he can control is accepting the offer that pays the most money.
papacass
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:35 am
Location: Fairview Park, OH
Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Same old, same old on offense; lots of 1 man dribbling while otherwise useful guys, who have proven it on other teams, are relagated to watching at the three point line. No more complicated then that. Roker not being fired is the only thing that would put me through the roof, I am too apathetic to the rest of the drama.


Doc Rivers is merrily chugging away at ring #2.

Not sayin' Roker doesn't deserve the door, but this goes beyond Xs and Os and not having Kuenster around to save the offense's bacon.


And Doc Rivers is riding the coat tails of a guy widely considered the best D coordinator in the league.

All Doc has to do to coach that team is keep the egos in check, nothing more.

Honestly, WTF are you trying to get at here. Guys that have produced elsewhere don't here, rotations get jacked around for no logical reason, etc.

We've loaded, changed, and done everything w/ this roster. There are two variables left to change, coach and LBJ. I know which one I want changed.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Thu May 13, 2010 11:22 pm

waborat wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:
If he stays, there will be better days. If he goes, then I'll be enjoying cheaper tickets at the Q again.


Only if you go see a Monsters' game...

When's the last time you remember a professional sport's team lowering prices?


Plenty of teams have done it recently. The Oakland A's and Detroit Lions among others. If he leaves and the Cavs are back into DaJuan Wagner "Get Close" mode, then they're not going to have a choice...
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
User avatar
RIBrownsFan
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Favorite Player: Howard Baldwin
Least Favorite Player: the Prom Queen's ego

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu May 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Ouch. Im numb, I think game 5 set me up for what was coming. At least Lebron gave it an effort, although that was still the exact same Lebron we saw the rest of the series, minus some physicality. (IE, someone completely different from what were used to seeing)
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:24 pm

papacass wrote:I think Mo should be gone in exchange for an actual PG.


No one is taking the Mo or Jamo contracts and you almost have to resign Shaq if you cannot find another center for the mid-level.

This roster is pretty much locked in for next year, if LBJ stays. If he goes you dump the useful players for draft picks.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby JoJo White » Thu May 13, 2010 11:24 pm

I guess this is all the championship swag we'll get. Again. :lmfao:

Image
User avatar
JoJo White
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:42 pm
Location: Intently listening to your fantasy football story
Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu May 13, 2010 11:25 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And Doc Rivers is riding the coat tails of a guy widely considered the best D coordinator in the league.

Which was Roker's title up until he got elevated to head coach.

All Doc has to do to coach that team is keep the egos in check, nothing more.

Ding.

Does Roker coach Rondo up into a series MVP? Does he keep everybody focused on winning instead of wondering what happens in July?
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 13, 2010 11:25 pm

papacass wrote:Roker is gone, Ferry might be gone part-and-parcel style. Shaq is gone. Z is gone. I think Mo should be gone in exchange for an actual PG.

Bron is coming back. There is six weeks of lag time to free agency. It's not like he's going to storm off in a huff and sign with the Knicks tomorrow.

The sting will subside, cooler heads will prevail, and Bron will make the right decision. Which is to not leave up-front money on the table with the CBA set to expire after next season.

As for legacy and titles? Screw that for right now. If the King himself can't guarantee that he's going to show up title-ready in the playoffs, he needs to concentrate on what he can control. And what he can control is accepting the offer that pays the most money.



You really think he's coming back?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Same old, same old on offense; lots of 1 man dribbling while otherwise useful guys, who have proven it on other teams, are relagated to watching at the three point line. No more complicated then that. Roker not being fired is the only thing that would put me through the roof, I am too apathetic to the rest of the drama.


Doc Rivers is merrily chugging away at ring #2.

Not sayin' Roker doesn't deserve the door, but this goes beyond Xs and Os and not having Kuenster around to save the offense's bacon.


I'll give you Doc, but his circumstances are pretty unique. Larry Brown, Phil Jackson, Popovich, Pat Riley, Rudy T., Chuck Daley, Doc Rivers.

I think it isn't hard to see the outlier...

Not that that is the only problem, lord knows I don't want to get flamed in the aftermath...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby papacass » Thu May 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
papacass wrote:
Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Ohio state is not a cleveland team.


You should come visit Cleveland some time. Preferably during the fall.


OSU has a huge Cleveland fan base, but it's not a Cleveland team. If Cincinnati can share equally in the celebration, it's not a Cleveland team. And it's college. There's that, too.


Implying there's no Cavs fan in Cincy.

Implying a College NT doesn't as much as a Pro title.

Implying implying implying.


There are no Cavs fans in Cincy. They mostly hate the NBA down there, and if they do like a team, it's probably the Celtics, Bulls or Pacers.

College titles mean more in Tuscaloosa and Gainesville. In Cleveland, they don't.
papacass
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:35 am
Location: Fairview Park, OH
Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Thu May 13, 2010 11:27 pm

JoJo White wrote:I guess this is all the championship swag we'll get. Again. :lmfao:

Image


and for the benefit of CDT, it'll be discounted, too!
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
User avatar
RIBrownsFan
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Favorite Player: Howard Baldwin
Least Favorite Player: the Prom Queen's ego

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:27 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:And Doc Rivers is riding the coat tails of a guy widely considered the best D coordinator in the league.

Which was Roker's title up until he got elevated to head coach.

All Doc has to do to coach that team is keep the egos in check, nothing more.

Ding.

Does Roker coach Rondo up into a series MVP? Does he keep everybody focused on winning instead of wondering what happens in July?


Roker never, ever ever ever ever was as widely respected as Thibodeau. Not even close.

And wtf, first you say this goes beyond X's and O's and try to alleviate Roker of the blame then you place the blame on him as an ego checker? Make up your mind. Kuester installed the O last year but didn't call the O, that was all Roker. Roker has called the X's and O's for this team forever and they have been crap. His D the last two post seasons has been beyond troubling and his O has continued to suck.

So if you want to say it is X's and O's and letting your team fall apart at the seems chemistry wise, be my guest.

But don't pretend like this is a built in roster issue.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 13, 2010 11:29 pm

papacass wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
papacass wrote:
Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Ohio state is not a cleveland team.


You should come visit Cleveland some time. Preferably during the fall.


OSU has a huge Cleveland fan base, but it's not a Cleveland team. If Cincinnati can share equally in the celebration, it's not a Cleveland team. And it's college. There's that, too.


Implying there's no Cavs fan in Cincy.

Implying a College NT doesn't as much as a Pro title.

Implying implying implying.


There are no Cavs fans in Cincy. They mostly hate the NBA down there, and if they do like a team, it's probably the Celtics, Bulls or Pacers.

College titles mean more in Tuscaloosa and Gainesville. In Cleveland, they don't.



Well it should. OSU is the only hope for a title right now.
Last edited by Cerebral_DownTime on Thu May 13, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 13, 2010 11:29 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
papacass wrote:I think Mo should be gone in exchange for an actual PG.


No one is taking the Mo or Jamo contracts and you almost have to resign Shaq if you cannot find another center for the mid-level.

This roster is pretty much locked in for next year, if LBJ stays. If he goes you dump the useful players for draft picks.


The talent is there, time for a top flight coach that does not have a problem checking his superstar. No more pandering to LeBron, if he stays I am sure he will accept it, he will have too.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby CP » Thu May 13, 2010 11:32 pm

LeBron will have even more say because his ironclast grip on Gilbert's future earning potential has been lead-reinforced.
User avatar
CP
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:44 am
Location: Stow, Ohio
Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 13, 2010 11:33 pm

Orenthal wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:
papacass wrote:I think Mo should be gone in exchange for an actual PG.


No one is taking the Mo or Jamo contracts and you almost have to resign Shaq if you cannot find another center for the mid-level.

This roster is pretty much locked in for next year, if LBJ stays. If he goes you dump the useful players for draft picks.


The talent is there, time for a top flight coach that does not have a problem checking his superstar. No more pandering to LeBron, if he stays I am sure he will accept it, he will have too.


What top flight coach do you see out there?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 13, 2010 11:33 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:And Doc Rivers is riding the coat tails of a guy widely considered the best D coordinator in the league.

Which was Roker's title up until he got elevated to head coach.

All Doc has to do to coach that team is keep the egos in check, nothing more.

Ding.

Does Roker coach Rondo up into a series MVP? Does he keep everybody focused on winning instead of wondering what happens in July?


It can't not be about X's and O's, while Rivers gets the kudos for keeping the ego's in check, when that was one of the few attributes that Roker has been given credit for.

So far it looks like both his vaunted strengths, defense and being a player's coach, have proven woefully misplaced come playoff time.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby JoJo White » Thu May 13, 2010 11:33 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:
papacass wrote:I think Mo should be gone in exchange for an actual PG.


No one is taking the Mo or Jamo contracts and you almost have to resign Shaq if you cannot find another center for the mid-level.

This roster is pretty much locked in for next year, if LBJ stays. If he goes you dump the useful players for draft picks.


The talent is there, time for a top flight coach that does not have a problem checking his superstar. No more pandering to LeBron, if he stays I am sure he will accept it, he will have too.


What top flight coach do you see out there?


Mike Dunleavy. :dingle:
User avatar
JoJo White
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:42 pm
Location: Intently listening to your fantasy football story
Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 13, 2010 11:34 pm

JoJo White wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:
papacass wrote:I think Mo should be gone in exchange for an actual PG.


No one is taking the Mo or Jamo contracts and you almost have to resign Shaq if you cannot find another center for the mid-level.

This roster is pretty much locked in for next year, if LBJ stays. If he goes you dump the useful players for draft picks.


The talent is there, time for a top flight coach that does not have a problem checking his superstar. No more pandering to LeBron, if he stays I am sure he will accept it, he will have too.


What top flight coach do you see out there?


Mike Dunleavy. :dingle:



FUDU just came.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby papacass » Thu May 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
papacass wrote:Roker is gone, Ferry might be gone part-and-parcel style. Shaq is gone. Z is gone. I think Mo should be gone in exchange for an actual PG.

Bron is coming back. There is six weeks of lag time to free agency. It's not like he's going to storm off in a huff and sign with the Knicks tomorrow.

The sting will subside, cooler heads will prevail, and Bron will make the right decision. Which is to not leave up-front money on the table with the CBA set to expire after next season.

As for legacy and titles? Screw that for right now. If the King himself can't guarantee that he's going to show up title-ready in the playoffs, he needs to concentrate on what he can control. And what he can control is accepting the offer that pays the most money.



You really think he's coming back?



This is not going to be an emotional decision rooted in bitterness for LeBron. It's going to be about money. And while other teams can show LeBron how he might make more money in New York or Chicago or wherever, the Cavs can show him how he WILL make the most money.

LeBron might consider all these other scenarios and shell-gaming, but in the end, I think he comes back to the highest offer. Which is what the Cavs will have.
papacass
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:35 am
Location: Fairview Park, OH
Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Chad Ford already says three GM's told him they strongly believe LBJ ends up in Chicago.

It makes the most sense, that much I know.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:
papacass wrote:I think Mo should be gone in exchange for an actual PG.


No one is taking the Mo or Jamo contracts and you almost have to resign Shaq if you cannot find another center for the mid-level.

This roster is pretty much locked in for next year, if LBJ stays. If he goes you dump the useful players for draft picks.


The talent is there, time for a top flight coach that does not have a problem checking his superstar. No more pandering to LeBron, if he stays I am sure he will accept it, he will have too.


What top flight coach do you see out there?

I'm haven't really looked, but know my opinion of Roker's status would not change much. I know Larry Brown aid he would never coach for anybody but Jordon, but we know Larry Brown and promises. I'd have to do more research once this cools down, but I am 100% sure there is a better option then Roker.

Your favorite coach Jeff Van Gundy is out ther... :partyers:

btw the guy passing out is me in those emoticons. I'm not a season'd as the rest of you drunks...
Last edited by Orenthal on Thu May 13, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 13, 2010 11:36 pm

papacass wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
papacass wrote:Roker is gone, Ferry might be gone part-and-parcel style. Shaq is gone. Z is gone. I think Mo should be gone in exchange for an actual PG.

Bron is coming back. There is six weeks of lag time to free agency. It's not like he's going to storm off in a huff and sign with the Knicks tomorrow.

The sting will subside, cooler heads will prevail, and Bron will make the right decision. Which is to not leave up-front money on the table with the CBA set to expire after next season.

As for legacy and titles? Screw that for right now. If the King himself can't guarantee that he's going to show up title-ready in the playoffs, he needs to concentrate on what he can control. And what he can control is accepting the offer that pays the most money.



You really think he's coming back?



This is not going to be an emotional decision rooted in bitterness for LeBron. It's going to be about money. And while other teams can show LeBron how he might make more money in New York or Chicago or wherever, the Cavs can show him how he WILL make the most money.

LeBron might consider all these other scenarios and shell-gaming, but in the end, I think he comes back to the highest offer. Which is what the Cavs will have.


Man, I hope you're right.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Lebowski » Thu May 13, 2010 11:36 pm

What top flight coach do you see out there?

Ron Jeremy's brother.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:53 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:37 pm

JVG actually strikes me as a viable option considering the names available. Beyond him you're looking at the Lawrence Frank and Avery Johnson's of the world.

Hell see if the corpse of Hubie wants to coach for a year or two.

Sucks this isn't one of those off-seasons w/ an Adelman and Carlyle available.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu May 13, 2010 11:37 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And wtf, first you say this goes beyond X's and O's and try to alleviate Roker of the blame then you place the blame on him as an ego checker?

You misread me, I wasn't alleviating Roker of anything.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby papacass » Thu May 13, 2010 11:37 pm

Offer full control of basketball ops to Gregg Popovich.
papacass
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:35 am
Location: Fairview Park, OH
Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby noles1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:37 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Chad Ford already says three GM's told him they strongly believe LBJ ends up in Chicago.

It makes the most sense, that much I know.


If I was betting I would put it on Chicago.

Chicago 60% NYC 35% Cleveland 5%

That's my breakdown when all said and done. Look at the rosters. It's nearly plain as day at this point, IMO.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest