Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

cavs v celtics - game 4

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: cavs v celtics - game 4

Unread postby jb » Tue May 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Prosecutor wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:You are the only person in America to think that an NBA player can be relied on to come back from microfracture surgery and ACL surgery (at once) to contribute in the playoffs.

You also sure are good at shaking off what Windhorst has reported regarding Powe.

And the fifteen players we were looking at brining in to stop him from having to play.

But hey, you never addressed these points before, why would you now.

Instead you somehow turned "POWE DOESN'T PLAY BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T KNOW THEY COULD GET JAMESON" into "WHEN THEY SIGNED POWE THERE IS NO WAY THEY 100% KNEW HE WASN'T GOING TO PLAY BECAUSE A COMPLETE DISASTER COULD HAPPEN AND HE COULD HAVE TO GET MINUTES"

Sure, those two things would be the same argument if not for the fact that they are 100% different statements. That is classic changing what you wrote to not admit you were wrong.

What I really said was:

1. Powe is not playing because there are better players at his position. I even named them.

2. The Cavs did not decide last summer that Powe would not play this year "no matter what." If they did, nobody reported it. I invite you to find a quote that contradicts this.

3. In fact, Powe played in 20 games this year, or almost one-quarter of the schedule, logging in excess of 220 minutes. The Cavs would never let him play if the medical staff had not cleared him, especially since they had the #1 seed wrapped up. He's available to play, but there are better players ahead of him.

I believe all of that is correct. You either don't, or you want to change what I said to suit your agenda.

I also said that the reason Ferry hoped Powe would be available before the end of the season, in my opinion, was because he wasn't sure he could trade for a Stoudemire or a Jamison, and there is always the possibility of injuries. I think that is correct, although I guess we would have to ask Danny in order to confirm it.

If someone convinces me I'm wrong, I'm happy to admit it. But there has to be more than a lot of profane bluster because that stuff rolls off my back like water.

All this while the games is on.....?

:thud:
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: cavs v celtics - game 4

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed May 12, 2010 5:50 am

I've got the game on DVR so I can fast forward through the commercials and halftime.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA