Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs - Celtics Game 2

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Cavs - Celtics Game 2

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun May 02, 2010 5:29 pm

“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Cavs - Celtics Game 2

Unread postby JoJo White » Sun May 02, 2010 8:43 pm

Looks like Doc is finally considering planting Sheed's ass on the bench for an entire game.

http://www.csnne.com/05/02/10/Cs-consid ... eedID=4022

CLEVELAND — The pre-game routine is a steady one for Shelden Williams, with most of his shots and rebounds coming before tip-off, not after.

Well, that may be about to change.

Rasheed Wallace's regular season struggles have followed him into the playoffs, to the point where Celtics Doc Rivers is expected to give serious thought to using Williams against Cleveland in Game 2.

When folks criticize Wallace's play, they quickly point to his shooting as the most maddening part of his game.

In the playoffs, Wallace is shooting 35 percent from the field which includes him missing all three of his 3-point attempts.

"He has to play better, bottom line," Rivers said about Wallace.

And it's not just him coming up short on making shots, either.

"He's got to play better defense," Rivers said. "The offense will come, but he has to become a better defender. We can't wait. He has to be a better defender for us."

Although Williams has appeared in just one playoff game thus far for the C's, it's not like he hasn't been someone Rivers has given serious thought to playing before now.

"He enters the discussion everyday," Rivers said. "He's definitely in our discussions; no doubt about that."
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:46 pm

I mean, when Sheed started getting minutes things also happened to start going downhill for the C's.

Most of my peeps have been screaming for the end of Sheed for months.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun May 02, 2010 9:34 pm

I just said minutes ago in the game 1 thread that I couldn't wait for the melt down... including pointing fingers at each other...

Seems we didn't have too wait long!!
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby swerb » Sun May 02, 2010 10:13 pm

Anyone going tomorrow? Trying to make plans for a pre game festivities meeting spot. Becoming partial to my new favorite hole in the wall AJ Roccos ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby waborat » Sun May 02, 2010 10:23 pm

swerb wrote:Anyone going tomorrow? Trying to make plans for a pre game festivities meeting spot. Becoming partial to my new favorite hole in the wall AJ Roccos ...

The ladies wanna eat at the new Chocolate Bar on Euclid & 4th...

Then hitting up Greenhouse for another Black Label before tipoff...

Now I'm superstitious
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby swerb » Sun May 02, 2010 10:28 pm

waborat wrote:
swerb wrote:Anyone going tomorrow? Trying to make plans for a pre game festivities meeting spot. Becoming partial to my new favorite hole in the wall AJ Roccos ...

The ladies wanna eat at the new Chocolate Bar on Euclid & 4th...

Then hitting up Greenhouse for another Black Label before tipoff...

Now I'm superstitious

I remember when you used to be a man of the people. ;-) ;) :wink:

Trying to coordinate with some other people. Will let you know whats up.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun May 02, 2010 10:51 pm

Yeah I'm going. My first Cavs game.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

You better find a way to meet up with the boys. I need a full and detailed report from and about you.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun May 02, 2010 11:15 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

You better find a way to meet up with the boys. I need a full and detailed report from and about you.

Probably won't happen. We'll be lucky to make it up by Tip off the way my buddy drives (like he's 80 and Chinese) and we're zipping back here as soon as that horn blows cuz my boy has to work early tuesday. As for a report from me, AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA! I'll be too drunk to remember who won.

I don't even know where we're sitting, I hear there are some shitty sight lines in the Q.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon May 03, 2010 12:26 am

Well, Doc Rivers just said, "It's on!"
On the news, he basically called out his own players: "Their guys are shooting lay-ups and nothing happens. Our guys are shooting lay-ups, and they're on the floor."

Gonna get crazy now. Old-days Lakers v Celtics ugly when there were NO lay-ups.
Will be interesting how these games are officiated now.

However, Doc needs to know that his team was in serious foul trouble as it was. His foul trouble (and lack of depth) will be magnified if his troops carry out his command to throw dudes to the floor on every drive.

Interesting also that Doc takes this stance now. When Big Baby picked up his third when he fouled LBJ going to the hoop in the second quarter, Doc seemed to question BB fouling LBJ on the play as he went to the bench. If indeed there are no layups, Doc should have been commending BB on the foul.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon May 03, 2010 4:50 am

I'm actually going to be in a good mood at work today because of the game tonight
Should get me straight through my last 12 hour shift
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby waborat » Mon May 03, 2010 6:32 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Congrats...

You should throw me and/or Swerb a shout during halftime and we'll meet up in the concourse...

You can by us a few beers ;-) ;) :wink:

I'll PM ya with info later...

Tonight can't come soon enough
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 03, 2010 8:29 am

For those of you that enjoy this type of thing:

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon May 03, 2010 9:00 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I mean, when Sheed started getting minutes things also happened to start going downhill for the C's.

Most of my peeps have been screaming for the end of Sheed for months.

My favorite Sheed 2010 playoff moment thus far was when Pierce hit the series clincher and all the Celts are basically going apeshit, except for Sheed. He barely summoned enough energy to amble over and gently tap Pierce on the head before slowly trudging to the lockerroom.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon May 03, 2010 9:21 am

e0y2e3 wrote:For those of you that enjoy this type of thing:

Going to watch that video 15x today. 8 can't get here fast enough....I just wish that someone could have mentioned whether or not Mo Williams has any regard for human life.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon May 03, 2010 9:47 am

Gradysmanldy wrote:

Going to watch that video 15x today. 8 can't get here fast enough....I just wish that someone could have mentioned whether or not Mo Williams has any regard for human life.

Watching the game I didn't realize he had dunked it. I thought Pierce got a hand on it. Love the extra hops and stare down of Pierce.

Tonight this team HAS to rebound the ball better. They were so awful Saturday night that my wife was screaming, "Get the damn ball!".

I don't expect Jamison to be held to just 7 points. Ey0 said in another thread that Garnett is bad match up for Jamison and he's right. Cleveland needs to use that pick and roll w/ James to get Antawn some easy buckets. Force the Celtics to adjust to that defensively.

Does Parker start out on Rondo or will Brown start Mo guarding him hoping that Mo can somehow slow him down some? Does JJ replace AV as the first big off the bench tonight to give the Cavs a little different look?

Is LBJ gonna see what he did in game 1 and continue to take the ball to the hoop and dare the Celtics to stop him? Maybe he can do this to start the game out and get Boston on their heels.

With that said, can't wait til 8.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:06 am

Dwyer had a great take following Game 1 wrt to LeISO.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba,238045

The relevant passage:
Look at him in an isolation set. It's not that he's waiting for his own defender to over-commit to a certain side, or to LeBron's potential shot or drive. He's waiting for and watching his second defender, waiting for him to over-commit, or to think shot or drive-first. At the same time. And then he makes his split decision and moves.

Think about what this guy has to be aware of, and then for him still to get to the rim, or an open perimeter look. It's just ridiculous that he's not really waiting for Paul Pierce to make a bad move defensively; it's that he's waiting for Tony Allen or Kevin Garnett to make a bad move. And they're guarding someone else!

Combined with Peeker's correct slamming of KG and his not wanting any part of LeBron, and it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for LBJ to average 40 ppg if this series gets extended to 6 or 7.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby davemanddd » Mon May 03, 2010 12:56 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
Gradysmanldy wrote:

Watching the game I didn't realize he had dunked it. I thought Pierce got a hand on it. Love the extra hops and stare down of Pierce.

yes, the stare down of paula was the best!!! hey, hey, paula!!!

can't wait til 8:00!!!

go cavs!!! :cavs1:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Not only am I living under a boil water order, my effing Cable box shat the bed last night.

I feel like I am living in the 50s.

Gotta figure out where the hell I want to watch the game now. I hate going out for hoops games I really want to watch.

Stupid technology and infrastructure problems.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jordan kramer » Mon May 03, 2010 6:19 pm

"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby CharacterIV » Mon May 03, 2010 6:31 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:

A Mo-dunk is too unexpected to formulate a great reaction like "with no regard for human life." With LeBron, you can anticipate such things. With Mo, I suppose it's just good he avoided "Holy $#%$! Did Mo $%@$ing Williams just &*#$ing throw it down over Paul Pierce?"

I know that was my reaction.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon May 03, 2010 7:10 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Not only am I living under a boil water order, my effing Cable box shat the bed last night.

I feel like I am living in the 50s.

Gotta figure out where the hell I want to watch the game now. I hate going out for hoops games I really want to watch.

Stupid technology and infrastructure problems.

Nothing worse than having to view a game you REALLY want to watch at some bar.

I always wind up at some place that should be named "The Tool Box" with the usual cast of know-it-alls.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon May 03, 2010 8:21 pm

No more Shaq please

his hook shot is a travesty
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Cease » Mon May 03, 2010 8:24 pm

Mo on Rondo, now going way under all screens. Minor adjustment that makes sense. Please give Rondo the jumper and defend the drive.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby davemanddd » Mon May 03, 2010 8:24 pm

either tnt's microphones are very bad at picking up peripheral sound, or the crowd at the "q" is rather dead tonite. my gawd, when they had the mvp ceremony, they seemed about as excited as a bunch of cpa's at a tax seminar. and it really hasn't gotten any better since the game started either.

:lame:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon May 03, 2010 8:25 pm

KG looking at a series of no calls, at least in his opinion. How long before a meltdown? Perkins with 1 fould already, I think Shaq needs to show a little more patience with his backdowns.

For gawd's sake what happened to Jada's face...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby davemanddd » Mon May 03, 2010 8:26 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:No more Shaq please

his hook shot is a travesty

back in the day, it was a dangerous weapon. here lately, not so much.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon May 03, 2010 8:31 pm

'The Truth' is not out there

take a seat

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby FUDU » Mon May 03, 2010 8:40 pm

I see your Rasheed Wallace 3pt play and I raise you a JJ Hickson 3pt play.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon May 03, 2010 8:40 pm

Poor Redz was there on Rondo step for step, his shadow after screens...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon May 03, 2010 8:40 pm

Rondo will NEVER have a bad game against us

ever

never ever ever ever

ever

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Cease » Mon May 03, 2010 8:40 pm

Why did I even check the Tribe game?
Cease

Unread postby FUDU » Mon May 03, 2010 8:41 pm

Orenthal wrote: I think Shaq needs to show a little more patience with his backdowns.

For gawd's sake what happened to Jada's face...

Agreed.

FUDU

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon May 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Cease wrote:Why did I even check the Tribe game?

I really hope Cecil gets the perfect game

I have a disdain for this Indians team right now

it's awful

I bet Acta wishes he was in Houston

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby davemanddd » Mon May 03, 2010 8:42 pm

here we go again. a very poor first quarter punctuated by, of all things, a rondo 3 at the end. in the immortal words of jack bauer - "dammit"!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon May 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Fuck off pigeon shit

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby FUDU » Mon May 03, 2010 8:48 pm

davemanddd wrote:here we go again. a very poor first quarter punctuated by, of all things, a rondo 3 at the end. in the immortal words of jack bauer - "dammit"!!!

After game 1 these spurts no long worry me. I really believe we are pacing ourselves in a way, both in effort and strategy. You can see it in LeBron's mannerisms.

As long as we don't let any of the Celts get crazy hot we'll be alright.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Mon May 03, 2010 8:54 pm

FWIW I took care of the threat of a perfect game, 1 post, 2 minutes, poof gone.

FUDU

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon May 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Yeah let's just start chucking up anything

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon May 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Rondo is a beast, I hate the guy for hitting those shots against us, but what I wouldn't give for him to be a PG for us.

My least-hated celtic.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon May 03, 2010 9:07 pm

The only Celtic I don't hate is Ray Allen

the rest are wankers

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon May 03, 2010 9:17 pm

We got 'em right where we want them

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby JoJo White » Mon May 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Mo is back to his playoff default mode.
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby FUDU » Mon May 03, 2010 9:40 pm

Mo is actually playing aggressive.

Hadn't done squat in first half of game 1, and we only need him to get hot for a spurt.

FUDU

Unread postby Cease » Mon May 03, 2010 9:45 pm

The number of bunnies missed by Shaq is unbelievable, well actually it's six right now and counting.

Wake up, guys.
Cease

Unread postby Cease » Mon May 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Garnett's abuse of Jameson continues...
Cease

Unread postby bookelly » Mon May 03, 2010 9:50 pm

Allen doesn't miss much. Holy shit.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon May 03, 2010 9:51 pm

Reggie miller is terrible, pretty bad he makes me yearn for JVG going off topic like he's hosting a sports talk show during a game.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon May 03, 2010 9:53 pm

bye bye home court

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA