Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Official LBJ FA Thread

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Official LBJ FA Thread

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:20 pm

WarAdmiral wrote:Trivisono, who I trust about as much as I can throw him, says his insider told him that LBJ is staying. He will sign a 3-5 year deal contingent on the CBA. No link, heard it on the way home, when I was avoiding commercials, and Triv is #6 on my truck radio. Take it for what it's worth, which is very little IMO.

Probably just regurgitating what BW said the other day. I find it hard to believe Triv actually does any work to find stuff like this out, not that anyone can believe anything until he actually signs.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:56 pm

would be hilarious if he announced this before the playoffs.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Triple-S wrote:would be hilarious if he announced this before the playoffs.

and miss out on 3 months of speculation and discussion about LeBron James? Never going to happen.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 pm

I think a lot of people also miss one thing that I find obvious. For LeBron to make the most $$$$ he actually needs to not void the last year of his contract.

I'll first be watching to see if he even files to paperwork to void it. If he doesn't do so then he can extend off the bigger number and end up with more money.

As for waiting for the next CBA, I'm not sure that's happening before the offseason. He could wait and just not void the contract and see what happens, but at worst the old contracts will be made to work with the new CBA, so why not sign for top dollar then?

Swerb is right, LBJ is looking at Jordan's SIX titles. And while Chicago might have the best chance to lure LBJ, if the Cavs win the title this year don't they look like the best bet to at least go on a dynasty type run ala the Bulls and Lakers? Hickson is getting better. And LBJ coming back might mean they can find a way to bring in his bud, Joe Johnson, via S&T or even MLE (less likely unless Joe desperately wants to win a title).

New York is a tough sell unless LBJ only cares about the big city lights, but it's going to be a couple of years before the Knicks would be serious title contenders. They might get two big names, but they'd have ZERO depth and few good role players. And if the cap rules change then they could get left with no flexibility and few players on the roster.

I still think if LBJ goes somewhere he does care about being paid highly and that a S&T would happen with the Cavs.

Part of LeBron might like to be close to NYC and the lights, but I think a much larger part likes being protected like he is in NEO and the largest part wants to compete with Jordan's legacy and Cleveland seems to be the best place for that.

If the Cavs can be akin to the Bulls of the 90s and they are the best bet for that at this point then why go elsewhere?

And I'd argue that the one place that might be the best place to go could be a S&T with OKC to join Durant and Westbrook. What sucks is that we'd probably only get Jeff Green and draft picks back, but that one scares me more than other scenarios. Most just would write it off due to it being OKC, but Durant, Westbrook, LeBron, Harden? The question would be if they could work with one another.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby swerb » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:06 am

Ziner wrote:
WarAdmiral wrote:Trivisono, who I trust about as much as I can throw him, says his insider told him that LBJ is staying. He will sign a 3-5 year deal contingent on the CBA. No link, heard it on the way home, when I was avoiding commercials, and Triv is #6 on my truck radio. Take it for what it's worth, which is very little IMO.

Probably just regurgitating what BW said the other day. I find it hard to believe Triv actually does any work to find stuff like this out, not that anyone can believe anything until he actually signs.

Love him, hate him ... Triv's track record on his insider tips is pretty good over the last decade.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby waborat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:31 am

swerb wrote:
Ziner wrote:

Love him, hate him ... Triv's track record on his insider tips is pretty good over the last decade.

Absolutely...

I don't ever remember him having to come on the air and say "sorry, my guy was wrong"...

Triv loves this town too much to broadcast BS about the 3 teams
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:42 am

waborat wrote:
swerb wrote:Love him, hate him ... Triv's track record on his insider tips is pretty good over the last decade.

Absolutely...

I don't ever remember him having to come on the air and say "sorry, my guy was wrong"...

Triv loves this town too much to broadcast BS about the 3 teams

I think Triv received a talking to from management. It seems his hatred towards LBJ has wained in the last month or so. I think 'TAM sees the draw the Cavs are and they need their #1 guy to be on board rather than talking down about the Franchise. Plus if Triv is on board, so to speak, than insiders are going to more willing to leak information to him.

JMO
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby JoJo White » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:51 pm

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... th_th.html

However, as the Cavs finish off the best record in the NBA for a second consecutive year and James prepares to win his second Most Valuable Player Award, something is indeed happening.

After being mostly neutral and downright noncommittal for some time, those closest to James have been altering their view recently. The vibe being sent out from James' camp -- whether it is private conversations or discussions about new business or plans for the near future -- is that James is currently strongly leaning toward re-signing with the Cavs.

That may sound vague and, as always, it continues to be fragile. Yet there is no denying the gradual shift within James' circle and, it is assumed, by James himself.

James has declined to talk publicly about free agency since November. But as one source said, "I have never been so sure that he's going to stay in Cleveland than I am right now."
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:52 am

These types of sour grapes columns are never going to get old after LBJ reups here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks ... ks+Knation)
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby papacass » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:42 am

"I've got Jerome James on my speed dial and Windhorst has LeBron. Okay, so life isn't fair."

There is the crux of Isola's column. Sportswriter penis envy.

"I also know that Brian has his resume sitting in the sports office of every New York newspaper and is ready to pounce on one of our jobs should LeBron sign with the Knicks."

You know why, Frankie? Because every newspaper in the New York area has probably been clamoring for Windy's resume. The Daily News, Post, Times, Newsday, every rag in NYC knows that no one in the media knows more about LeBron James than Windhorst. If LeBron did somehow sign with the Knicks, Windhorst would probably have his own bidding war.

The downside, as we're now seeing, is much the same downside that LBJ would have to deal with. Instead of ruling Cleveland and Ohio, Windy and LBJ would both have to deal with the wolfpack mentality of the NYC media, and endure mass-published attacks from douchebags like Frank Isola. That's just life in the concrete jungle.

So congrats, Frankie. In the span of a dozen paragraphs, you just outlined the reasons why no self-respecting star athlete or media member should want to set up shop in New York.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:58 am

swerb wrote:These types of sour grapes columns are never going to get old after LBJ reups here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks ... ks+Knation)

Wow. That's, in all seriousness, one of the most pathetic and unprofessional pieces of "journalism" I've ever read. Did he just attack another member of his profession for basically no reason?
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:32 pm

That's because the Daily News doesn't qualify as journalism Herm.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:55 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:That's because the Daily News doesn't qualify as journalism Herm.

Do the Knicks have a decent beat writer to your knowledge, Eeyore? Isola obviously isn't, and we certainly agree on Vescey's "merits" as well... you'd have to think Windy could name his price in NYC if LeBron does go there.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Howard Beck w/ the Times is solid and pretty well thought of. Wouldn't call him a Beat Reporter though, he is more so a NBA scribe w/ a focus on the Knicks.

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/refere ... index.html

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/ ... ward-beck/

Alan Hahn is generally well regarded as a pure Knicks beat guy and I've never run into anything of his that has stuck out negatively in my mind.

But, none of us can read him anymore because Newsday decided to fry their business w/ the online subscription requirement.

The rest are, well, garbage. Even w/ guys like Beck and Hahn out there, the Knicks certainly are not covered by a huge amount of competence.

Vescey and this schmuck are pure garbage and belond in the trash heap w/ assholes like Sam Smith and Shaunessey.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:48 pm

FTR: this is getting some national run already. General sentiment on this is "I like Frank, but WTF was that classless pile" from everyone from the National Post sports guy to Hollinger.

Hell, even Dwyer called him a prick... :thumb up:
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:26 pm

I can't wait till Windy writes the piece about all the things Dan Gilbert and this org have done and are doign behind the scenes to make this an easy decision for LBJ.

Example - my old banks season tickets. Two guys next to us, LeBron's uncle and his buddy. Both drawing paychecks from The Cleveland Cavaliers as their employer to perform odd jobs for the team. A million little things like that have been happening.

The China thing, huge as well. Then The Balded One delivered Jamo and got back Z. Shaq telling LeBron he'll finish his career here if he reups will be the sealer.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:35 pm

swerb wrote:I can't wait till Windy writes the piece about all the things Dan Gilbert and this org have done and are doign behind the scenes to make this an easy decision for LBJ.

Example - my old banks season tickets. Two guys next to us, LeBron's uncle and his buddy. Both drawing paychecks from The Cleveland Cavaliers as their employer to perform odd jobs for the team. A million little things like that have been happening.

The China thing, huge as well. Then The Balded One delivered Jamo and got back Z. Shaq telling LeBron he'll finish his career here if he reups will be the sealer.

That piece was already written and is the first or second link in my original post in this thread.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:38 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
swerb wrote:I can't wait till Windy writes the piece about all the things Dan Gilbert and this org have done and are doign behind the scenes to make this an easy decision for LBJ.

That piece was already written and is the first or second link in my original post in this thread.

No, I know, I read that column. I'm talking about the one that digs even deeper, talks more specifically about Gilbert and the direct timeline of things he has done to make this an easy decision for LBJ.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Ah, big picture and the whole enchilada, I gotchya.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:47 am

swerb wrote:

Is that a cap violation?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:03 pm

FWIW: Windy tweeted last night that he is friends w/ said Daily News reporter and this is a non issue, that the guy was just having "fun" on his blog.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cease » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Per Deadspin, FWIW:
http://deadspin.com/5514531/nycleveland-media-feud-hits-a-new-low
Deadspin cited this Scene link for Windy quote below (broken): http://www.clevescene.com/64-and-counting/archives/2010/04/11/brian-windhorst-comments-on-frank-isolas-story

Windhorst, to his credit, took the high road:

Frank is a good guy and has been one of the best NBA writers for years. He's well known in New York for his strong reporting and I consider him a friend in the business. He likes to have fun in his blog and I've certainly had fun at the New York media's expense for years.
I do know a lot of NBA writers think I am being naive about LeBron's future, sure that I'm a homer local guy getting played. They laugh at me privately and probably would do so publicly if he does sign elsewhere this summer. Maybe they'll be right. But this is a complex story and an important story. I have tried to report on it incrementally over the last two years, whether it is LeBron's statements, details of his Nike contract, or the way the wind is blowing in April. And, of course, the reality is it could all change by July.
Last edited by Cease on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Cease wrote:Per Deadspin, FWIW:
http://deadspin.com/5514531/nycleveland-media-feud-hits-a-new-low
Deadspin sited this Scene link for Windy quote below (broken): http://www.clevescene.com/64-and-counting/archives/2010/04/11/brian-windhorst-comments-on-frank-isolas-story

Windhorst, to his credit, took the high road:

Frank is a good guy and has been one of the best NBA writers for years. He's well known in New York for his strong reporting and I consider him a friend in the business. He likes to have fun in his blog and I've certainly had fun at the New York media's expense for years.
I do know a lot of NBA writers think I am being naive about LeBron's future, sure that I'm a homer local guy getting played. They laugh at me privately and probably would do so publicly if he does sign elsewhere this summer. Maybe they'll be right. But this is a complex story and an important story. I have tried to report on it incrementally over the last two years, whether it is LeBron's statements, details of his Nike contract, or the way the wind is blowing in April. And, of course, the reality is it could all change by July.

I just wonder if that cat hurt his foot from stomping it and has turned blue yet from holding his breath.

Suck it NY bitches. You aren't getting the one athlete you want more than anything. The one you'd trade 16 Jeters and a dozen A Rods for.
jb

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:56 pm

jb wrote:I just wonder if that cat hurt his foot from stomping it and has turned blue yet from holding his breath.

Suck it NY bitches. You aren't getting the one athlete you want more than anything. The one you'd trade 16 Jeters and a dozen A Rods for.

Think they would take a Danny Green for just one Jeter and ARod?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby pup » Mon May 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue May 04, 2010 1:24 pm

David Stern is comical. What do people think he's going to say to the media about the impending free agency for LBJ? He's not going to say he wants Mr. James anywhere else but Cleveland, but you have to know deeeeeeeep down Stern wants him out of here and in a big market city.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:34 am

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri May 14, 2010 8:46 am

fundamentals wrote:David Stern is comical. What do people think he's going to say to the media about the impending free agency for LBJ? He's not going to say he wants Mr. James anywhere else but Cleveland, but you have to know deeeeeeeep down Stern wants him out of here and in a big market city.

Stern want him in Cleveland because it makes another profitable franchise for the league. Lebron goes and now he's got another team that is heading down the tubes - straight to a relocation. LBJ to a big market helps LBJ more than the league.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri May 14, 2010 9:08 am

leadpipe wrote:
fundamentals wrote:David Stern is comical. What do people think he's going to say to the media about the impending free agency for LBJ? He's not going to say he wants Mr. James anywhere else but Cleveland, but you have to know deeeeeeeep down Stern wants him out of here and in a big market city.

Stern want him in Cleveland because it makes another profitable franchise for the league. Lebron goes and now he's got another team that is heading down the tubes - straight to a relocation. LBJ to a big market helps LBJ more than the league.

There are cities that would take the franchise (Las Vegas comes to mind) because Stern doesn't give a rat's rear end about the city of Cleveland.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Fri May 14, 2010 9:30 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Woj holds nothing back:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... pari051410

Good read. Hard pill but adequately medicates for when/if he does leave.

Re: Cal -- For Lebron to be as great as his unparalleled talent says he should be, to TRULY make teammates better (let's face it, he hasn't to this point), and to win championshipS, he needs (to be willing to listen to) a capable "coach". Hand-picking another puppet is futile in the long run, IMO.

Que sera sera.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 9:40 am

^^^ been missed around here lately.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri May 14, 2010 9:58 am

FUDU wrote:^^^ been missed around here lately.

His idiocy immunization ran out.Some people move to Phoenix for their asthma. HiOktane and DSkills kinda went that route. Not to anywhere specific. Just can't expose themselves to idiocy as often if they'd like to thrive.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Fri May 14, 2010 11:19 am

rack him
jb

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:33 am

Yeah just saw that.

What a fuckstick.

Look, I've loved LeBron as much as anyone and if he comes back with his head right I'll be right at the front of the line to slobber all over his nuts, despite the way he has treated all of us for 7 years. But clearly, CLEARLY, he is not focused on basketball and was not for the entirety of the postseason.

Someone who claims to be all about winning, who has never won a championship, and just went out in the most ignominious fashion possible does not even ANSWER questions about his free agency other. Let alone talk about how he and "his team" have a plan.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri May 14, 2010 11:49 am

This didn't take long to be updated on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page ... bron-james

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby FUDU » Sat May 15, 2010 9:41 am

Probably the best spot for this little interesting nugget, although not surprising.

http://www.digitalsportsdaily.com/sports-business/tv/1086-cavs-celtics-draws-second-highest-basketball-rating-for-espn.html
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun May 16, 2010 9:01 pm

"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun May 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Very humorous that someone believes that all he needs is Coach Cal and a better supporting cast.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun May 16, 2010 9:15 pm

I loved the part on dribble drive. Um, isn't that what the Boston match up zone did such a great job stopping? I never really trust the stuff over at RealGM, but for some reason I just cannot get enough of this slop...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby just another fool » Sun May 16, 2010 11:05 pm

i don't know where else this belongs, but i'm just amazed at the amount of people (paid writers and fans) who are writing lebron's career on this series.
just another fool

Favorite Player: tyrone hill
Least Favorite Player: tyrone hill

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Mon May 17, 2010 11:49 am

Last Tuesday, Bodog posted lines on which team LeBron will play for next year.

The opening lines (before Game 5) were Cavs 1/3 (or 75%), Knicks 6/1, Nets 12/1, Bulls 16/1, Heat 40/1.

After Game 5 they shifted to Cavs 1/2 (67%), Bulls 5/2, Knicks 9/2, Nets 15/1, Heat 35/1.

Now they stand at Cavs 1/1 (50%), Bulls 3/2, Knicks 5/2, Nets 11/2, Heat 15/2.

The shift in the Bulls line is crazy, from a 6% chance to a 40% chance in 5 days.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby tired » Mon May 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Calipari and LeBron a package deal to fukn Chicago now ???
Do you do drugs? Good!
tired

Favorite Player: I dunno
Least Favorite Player: Boozer

Unread postby pup » Mon May 17, 2010 1:02 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Last Tuesday, Bodog posted lines on which team LeBron will play for next year.

The opening lines (before Game 5) were Cavs 1/3 (or 75%), Knicks 6/1, Nets 12/1, Bulls 16/1, Heat 40/1.

After Game 5 they shifted to Cavs 1/2 (67%), Bulls 5/2, Knicks 9/2, Nets 15/1, Heat 35/1.

Now they stand at Cavs 1/1 (50%), Bulls 3/2, Knicks 5/2, Nets 11/2, Heat 15/2.

The shift in the Bulls line is crazy, from a 6% chance to a 40% chance in 5 days.

It wasn't anything to do with game 5.

Chris Brousard was all over ESPN the day before that laying out why the Bulls were second behind the Cavs for LeBron's services. It all made sense and BoDog probably got drilled with Bulls bets for an hour or so.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby scott » Mon May 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Barkley making the case for staying in Cleveland on Rome -

http://twaud.io/XWc
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue May 18, 2010 1:34 am

on the TOSU scout boards apparently there's a guy who has the inside to the whole LBJ thing going by the name "Nevadabuck" claiming he's not going anywhere. Don't have insider for that particular board (only the browns one), so, it should be interesting.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue May 18, 2010 1:37 am

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/ ... ports+say+‘World+Wide+Wes++shopping+Calipari++James

Also World Wide Wes. just comes off as the NBA version of "the cigarette smoking man" to me.

Triple-S

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:56 am

Apologies if this has been linked in another thread.

As usual, dead solid perfect by Simmons. Whether or not you agree, it's an excellent read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100514&sportCat=nba

And last night, LeBron's DNA finally made sense to me. Throw Jordan out. Throw Magic out, too, except for the "controls sections of a game with passing/rebounding" part. Keep Bo. Now, add this guy … Julius Erving.

I will explain.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby waborat » Tue May 18, 2010 8:26 am

mattvan1 wrote:

As usual, dead solid perfect by Simmons. Whether or not you agree, it's an excellent read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100514&sportCat=nba

We fans, for actually believing this was THE year?

The Jack Woltz move
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue May 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Have not been able to watch a single minute of ESPN since last thursday.

pretty sad, it's the first week of practice for the Indy 500 (Truly one of the best and most elite sporting events in the world), and I've not seen one damn thing about it, and yet, I flip on PTI and they're buzzing about LBJ and the Nets.

My 2 cents.

You know if this was any other kid who grew up in Northeast Ohio, that the choice between staying in C-town or leaving town would be a no-brainer. But, no, LeBron is the front runner from grade school we all sort of rolled our eyes at.

Bernie Kosar he is not, and I know this is a completely different sport and all, but it still stands.

Triple-S

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue May 18, 2010 6:38 pm

Meanwhile, Dwayne Wade wonders how hard he has to choke to get back into the discussion.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA