Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Official LBJ FA Thread

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Official LBJ FA Thread

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:43 am

daddywags wrote:
jb wrote:
swerb wrote:He's got to. He's not an idiot. And even if he is, his handlers aren't.

Color me unconvinced. AFAIC, there are no pros involved. It is a real-life Entourage series of a bunch of synchophants and HS buddies eating off the platter. From what I hear LRMR can't get anyone to sign on. It's Master P all over again.

Bron's comments to the old Lesthat look a like have him strating to stray into Thome territorry. He and Wade are starting to get mediot backlash for their assinine megalamania. Both are retracting into the "we're staying until convinced otherwise" zone, and I am convinced there isn't a lick of sincerity in it anymore than Modell's end game shenanigans. It just quells the storm a bit until they hit the market, and it is an attempt to deflect some of the blame on their home teams in they leave, or just set up an "ah shucks, it was an offer so good I couldn't refuse".

I'd have much more respect if these prima donna's just went the CC route and STFU and make it known they were exploring the market. Period. E.G., I'm takin the caysh, the gwop, da chedda. * The King comments are setting up straight up villification IMO.

And no, I give LRMR zero credit as of now, and I don't think there is a single professional agent type giving advice. Just this seedy WW Wes undercurrent of wannabe Nino Brown's goin' legit.

* - Yeah yeah yeah, the Cavs can give him the extra year and pay him the most. But why would he take it? Why would he sign a max year deal when he could sign 3 and do this all over again?

You explained it. Even if he said outright "I'm takin' the most money" he couldn't sign with another team because we can offer him more money over any number of years than any other team can. I know the difference isn't much, but that's not the thrust of the "I'm takin' the most money" comment, either. $3 million more over 3 years is still "more." That may be why he's focused on "the best chance of winning." It's completely subjective and allows him to go wherever he wants. Given the structure of the NBA CBA there's really nothing else he can say except "I don't really like Cleveland and I'm not signing here." Not sure why he'd say that now even if it's true.

Impossible for me not to agree with you, but yeah. Except if he signs with the Knicks. Even with Bosh there's little objective room to suggest they are in a better position to win that the Cavs.

Looks like he's backed himself into a corner aside from C-town, da Bullz, Mihammi, or a dark horse.

Unless he flat out doesn't care.

When you watch King on Friday, BTW, look at his eyes when he answers the question of whether Cleveland has an edge. Hint - he quickly glances left.

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php

Problem is, Bron is often amphibious.

:lmfao:
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:28 am

I was watching those clips wondering how much he paid for that spurting foutain in the background.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:38 am

ESPN's version of the magic 8 ball, have to say I hit "spin" over 10 times, not one time did LBJ come up as a Cavalier:

http://espn.go.com/nba/features/freeagentslotmachine
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:50 am

fundamentals wrote:ESPN's version of the magic 8 ball, have to say I hit "spin" over 10 times, not one time did LBJ come up as a Cavalier:

OK Eddie Mush, remind me not to play the ponies when you're around. I played along and spun 10 times and the W&G came up 7 times for me. The Knicks twice and NJ once.

Now back to the bat'room whichya.
:salute:
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:54 am

Just did it 10 more times:

Chicago 5, NY 3, Miami 2

:hide:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:59 am

fundamentals wrote:Just did it 10 more times:

Chicago 5, NY 3, Miami 2

:hide:

Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby CP » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:15 pm

fundamentals wrote:ESPN's version of the magic 8 ball, have to say I hit "spin" over 10 times, not one time did LBJ come up as a Cavalier:

Geez I had to run it 17 times before I got anything BUT the Cavaliers...
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:52 am

CP wrote:Geez I had to run it 17 times before I got anything BUT the Cavaliers...

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. :gah:

Just did it ten more times, feeling it a bit now. :nanner:

Cleveland 4
Chicago 2
NYKnicks 1
Miami 1
Dallas 1
Washington 1

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Ten times.

4 Chicago

5 Cleveland

1 Shanghai Sharks
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Ten times.

4 Chicago

5 Cleveland

1 Shanghai Sharks

I have to get some help for continuing to play this game:

Chicago 3
Miami 3
Cleveland 2
NY Kincks 2

:dead: :loadof:

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby CP » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Looks like Thibodeau to the Bulls... http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/n ... id=5254978

Assuming he accepts the contract offer (which seems more likely since he's pulled his name out of the Hornets' search, should drop some of the insane LBJ-to-Bulls chatter that was based on various coaching rumors (Calipari, Phil Jackson, etc).
CP

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Good hire by the Bulls. LBJ or no LBJ, future looks bright there. They'll get one of these big FAs.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby daddywags » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:29 pm

CP wrote:Looks like Thibodeau to the Bulls... http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/n ... id=5254978

Assuming he accepts the contract offer (which seems more likely since he's pulled his name out of the Hornets' search, should drop some of the insane LBJ-to-Bulls chatter that was based on various coaching rumors (Calipari, Phil Jackson, etc).

Not necessarily. According to Windhorst twitter:

According to source, Celtics' Tom Thibodeau is latest coach to be represented by CAA & Wes Wesley. Same agency as LeBron/Wade/Bosh 4:00 PM May 27th via web
daddywags

Unread postby jack_tors » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:55 am

This is a great article by Adrian Wojnarowski regarding the recent happenings with the Bulls and its possible effects on the Cavs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiG4JTSYxHeuFQdc2p.mM9m8vLYF?slug=aw-lebroninfluence060510

The message to James and his people is unmistakable: Whatever you want here, you’ll have. Your way is our way now. That isn’t how it works with winning organizations, and the tragic part is that James may well recognize that and bail on Cleveland anyway.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby Sol Solis » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:50 pm

jack_tors wrote:This is a great article by Adrian Wojnarowski regarding the recent happenings with the Bulls and its possible effects on the Cavs.

There is no such thing as a "great article by Adrian Wojnarowki." In fact, I question your sanity after making this statement.
Sol Solis

Favorite Player: King Louie
Least Favorite Player: Sheed

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Yeah, Thibodeau is a smart cookie and tight with Wes. Meanwhile, Danny Ainge is smarter than your average GM and he let his defensive maestro walk even while Doc Rivers's been hedging about his future in Beantown. Either this is a 'Rondo-for-Rip' level brainfart or he's convinced the Peter principle's about to kick Chicago in the ass for the eleventy millionth time since the Zenmaster left. I'm willing to give the guy with two NBA Finals appearances over the past three years more credit than the team that's done jack/shit without MJ and Phil.
Last edited by Madre Hill, Superstar on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Sol Solis wrote:
jack_tors wrote:This is a great article by Adrian Wojnarowski regarding the recent happenings with the Bulls and its possible effects on the Cavs.

There is no such thing as a "great article by Adrian Wojnarowki." In fact, I question your sanity after making this statement.

Really? Woj is pretty respected among his peers, and one of the first to provide backing, and not just blind insults, in regard to LeBron's myopia.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Well, one thing appears to be certain: Either Wojo is spot on, and we're seeing clearly what a troubled and chaotic front office environment Cleveland has (not hard to believe) and a festering wound that's been allowed to grow due to Lebron's undermining....

Or, Amico is spot on, and this is all basically noise, Lebron will sign, and they'll bring on a more talented coach/gm to stabilize the team and provide intelligent design to the offense/bench.

I expected it, but still overwhelmed by the different smoke signals coming from all the camps out there.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby papacass » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Wojnarowski is a well-respected NBA beat writer, but any time the subject of the Cavs front office comes up, you have to remember that Woj absolutely loathes Dan Gilbert, and will bend over backwards to portray him in a negative light. Which is exactly what he's doing right now -- saying that Brown's firing and Ferry's resignation are the product of Gilbert's "impulsive" need to control everything.

Gilbert probably denied Woj an interview or access early in his ownership, and Woj has held a grudge ever since.

It's interesting that Woj has shredded Ferry in years past, guilty by association with Team Gilbert. But now that Ferry is off the payroll, Woj is singing his praises as an intelligent, rock-solid GM who merely wanted to do his job without interference from above, but Dan the Meddler couldn't help but put his grubby little hands in the cake batter.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Yeah, tough to take anything Woj writes about the Cavs org as objective.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Sol Solis » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:49 pm

My knowledge of Wojnarowski is based solely on the articles he has done about the Cavs, and from those it seems like he really doesn't base anything he writes on actual facts. Mostly just Cavs/ LBJ bashing.
Sol Solis

Favorite Player: King Louie
Least Favorite Player: Sheed

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Woj is hitting on the same thing as David Falk, Jeff VanGundy and Brian Windhorst. That the Cavaliers at season end, and even after the dismissal of Brown, had a very stable front office. Now I would argue with Grant taking the helm it is a very seamless transition.

Never mind the fact TMLP was coined here, so I'm not seeing anything other then hate for a guy that is critical, and usually on the leading edge of the story. Many of the other big time blogs and commentators are starting to pile on 'Bron for the same reasosn Woj has been for years.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:00 pm

hahahahhahahaha someone, in this thread, pretended like Amico isn't the biggest joke to ever pretend he was was a "nba journalist"
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby CP » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:39 pm

I don't think the criticism of the piece accurately rests with Woj. That piece screams of being made up of info fed to him by an agent/rep (Wes) and not being denied by a NBA front office (Bulls). Add in his dislike for Gilbert and it's an easy piece to write with credibility.
CP

Unread postby CP » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:51 pm

To add, here is the logic I find questionable in the article:

The Celtics see him as a career assistant and wouldn’t even consider him as a candidate to replace Doc Rivers.

No reason to doubt this statement. However, are LeBron and his handlers honestly going to hand the prime years of his 20s to another career assistant and another guy with not even a scintilla of college or NBA playing experience?

“I think all the big free-agent deals will be done by July 1, if not the draft. The NBA would have a cow if [it] knew what’s going on now.”

Umm, the NBA likely DOES know what is going on and clearly doesn't care. The NBA has never cared what goes on behind closed doors. They just don't want that stuff thrown back in their face publicly. Nothing is going on here that doesn't go on regularly.

World Wide Wes whispers the Bulls for those listening, and all hell has broken loose with a free-agent chase for LeBron James that’s well under way long before July 1.

Woj (or whoever is sourcing this story) wants the reader to believe that the Cavaliers are an unstable organization due to the way this offseason started. They want to paint Gilbert as TMLP. Yet, Ferry and Brown were given ample time to handle their business, and anyone reading the tea leaves showed Gilbert was wary of Brown long before this year's playoff catastrophe.
CP

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:19 am

e0y2e3 wrote:hahahahhahahaha someone, in this thread, pretended like Amico isn't the biggest joke to ever pretend he was was a "nba journalist"

You came back for that?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:59 am

At least 50% of everything you read in the media is either an exageration, misinformation or an outright blatant load of crap. Doesn't matter if you are talking about the weather, international politics or sports. Sensationalism, commercialism, group and individual agenda's, unintention bias, you name it and they all contribute.

I'm going to certainly keep this all in mind and stay off the damn ledge over Lebron's free agency.

LBJ has a tremendous ego the size of Texas so I don't think he's going anywhere near Chicago to walk in the shadows of Michael and even Pippen and I don't think he's leaving Cleveland and admitting he couldn't win it. To do so implies that he isn't good enough. If Gilbert gives him the money, hires a good management team and plays on LBJ's ego he stays in Cleveland in my opinion. The media is going to have him going everywhere but Scranton in the coming weeks so screw-em all I say.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby pup » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:05 am

So LeBron got Mike Brown, a defensive specialist with no HC experience prior to Cleveland, fired. But the hiring of a career defensive specialist with no HC experience in Chicago is the final piece to luring him there?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby jb » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:21 am

Orenthal wrote:Woj is hitting on the same thing as David Falk, Jeff VanGundy and Brian Windhorst. That the Cavaliers at season end, and even after the dismissal of Brown, had a very stable front office. Now I would argue with Grant taking the helm it is a very seamless transition.

So does the Tribe. They also have a seemless transition coming.

Who the freak cares? Stability is not an end in itself.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:hahahahhahahaha someone, in this thread, pretended like Amico isn't the biggest joke to ever pretend he was was a "nba journalist"

You came back for that?
Stop pretending you're not all giggity over it and acknowledge the blessings we've been given from above.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:28 am

FUDU wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

You came back for that?
Stop pretending you're not all giggity over it and acknowledge the blessings we've been given from above.

I don't have a problem with the guy. I just can't stand the high school drama shit or the 7 page history lesson we got about TCF and the fucking OBR. The trolls seem to have skulked back tho their bridges.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jb » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:07 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

You came back for that?

I don't have a problem with the guy. I just can't stand the high school drama shit or the 7 page history lesson we got about TCF and the fucking OBR.

I know I was too succint and I abridged my man.

Want me to PM you the full version, replete with bibliography and in Kate Turabian style so you can really get into it?

:dingle:
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:13 am

jb wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

You came back for that?

I don't have a problem with the guy. I just can't stand the high school drama shit or the 7 page history lesson we got about TCF and the fucking OBR.

I know I was too succint and I abridged my man.

Want me to PM you the full version, replete with bibliography and in Kate Turabian style so you can really get into it?

:dingle:

Naw it's cool. I'll just wait on the paperback.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:26 pm

jb wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Woj is hitting on the same thing as David Falk, Jeff VanGundy and Brian Windhorst. That the Cavaliers at season end, and even after the dismissal of Brown, had a very stable front office. Now I would argue with Grant taking the helm it is a very seamless transition.

So does the Tribe. They also have a seemless transition coming.

Who the freak cares? Stability is not an end in itself.

JVG cared? The Indians? Really? The point is people are hating on Woj because he is very critical of LeBron. When others mention the same things the hate isn't at the same level; that is the extent of my point.
Orenthal

Unread postby jb » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:51 pm

http://www.cleveland.com/livingston/ind ... wyane.html

Old Livvy goes Herm Fontinot on Bron.
jb

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Chris Broussard. Who the fuck is this guy? Does he work for the Bulls or something? I've never heard this guy ever say anything other than "Lebron is going to the Bulls."

Why the hell does Broussard want Lebron in Chicago so badly?

I try to ignore it but I just can't. It's everywhere.

An NBA executive says the Chicago Bulls have emerged as a favorite in the free agency sweepstakes for LeBron James, along with Chris Bosh, The New York Times reported on Sunday.

The executive said he had gleaned from his discussions with other league executives that James is leaning toward joining the Bulls, along with Bosh, his teammate on the United States' gold medal-winning 2008 Olympic team. The Times reported the executive did not want to be named because he was discussing a player who was not yet a free agent.

Cant this really be a story? What "NBA executive" knows what the hell Lebron is going to do?

And this at the end:
Information from ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard was used in this report.

I'm so surprised.

I think if Lebron signs anywhere other than Chicago Broussard should be fired and have to find work elsewhere because he would clearly be worthless and full of shit.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby waborat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:Chris Broussard. Who the fuck is this guy? Does he work for the Bulls or something? I've never heard this guy ever say anything other than "Lebron is going to the Bulls."

Lighten up, Francis...

CB's a local cat, went to Holy Name and was the Cavs' beat writer for a few years in the 90s...

Here's one of his articles that said Kingie might stay in C-Town last month

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/s ... MVP-100503
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Any a you homos says Lebron's going to Chicago, I'll kill ya.

Damn, I try to not pay too much attention to all of the hoopla, but it's impossible. And every time I saw that cat on ESPN it was all Chicago Chicago Chicago. I guess I just clicked on the latest Link and knew it would be Broussard before I even read it and I flipped my shit a little bit.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:10 am

Mother, don't get your panties in a bunch w/ James going to Chicago. Why, you ask? Beacuse Steven A Smith came out this morning and according to HIS sources, James and Bosh are going to Miami to team up with Wade.
:pb:

Also, Mike Greenberg this morning finally asked the question that everyone around here has been asking since '09. What do the Knicks, basketball wise, have to offer James? They can sell the city but what can they sell on the court?

I'll be so glad when all this sh*t is over with.
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:28 pm

Broussard has said LBJ will be staying in C-town for most of the last year, he sort of started changing his tune after the Celtics implosion and he abso-freaking-lutely changed his tune after Ernie Grunfeld raped our franchise for no real reason.

Any legit reporter has to feel the same.

That said, most of that report you linked came from Buch (who also said this is all just chatter at this point) and CB quickly tweeted that he still thinks it's 50/50 C-town and Chi.

Don't go SSS, it's not healthy.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:51 pm

I'm OK now.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:58 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Broussard has said LBJ will be staying in C-town for most of the last year, he sort of started changing his tune after the Celtics implosion and he abso-freaking-lutely changed his tune after Ernie Grunfeld raped our franchise for no real reason.

What is this in reference to?
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:01 pm

Probably taking Hinrich for no good reason.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Don't go SSS, it's not healthy.

nice.

on the flip-side, don't go Eeyore and leave the board, claiming that members will miss your "contributions", and then insult the webmaster of said board and claim he "poached" talent from OBR.

I'll leave the thread with that, but I know full well it will result in you stalking me after every post I make.

Have fun.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Paying $20MM for the #17 pick in the draft is the single dumbest NBA trade I think I have ever seen.

I could sort of rationalize the Pau trade because it was about saving money.

This is a team pissing away cap space to add Heinrich to a back court w/ freaking Gil and Wall that is going nowhere next year.

Worst. Trade. Imaginable.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:51 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Paying $20MM for the #17 pick in the draft is the single dumbest NBA trade I think I have ever seen.

This is a team pissing away cap space to add Heinrich to a back court w/ freaking Gil and Wall that is going nowhere next year.

Not down with all of the ins and outs, but were they not able to do this because buying out Z put them under the cap? Isn't it ironic if so?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby ajunior148 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:57 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Paying $20MM for the #17 pick in the draft is the single dumbest NBA trade I think I have ever seen.

+1 to this. It's like they are just looking for payback for the years we knocked them out of the playoffs.

And yes (I believe) to Pups question. They would still have Jamison eating up cap space without the trade with us.

Why give up the $10 mill in cap space for Kirk H? It's retarded. That money would be better spent throwing at someone like David Lee and just hope he accepts it.
ajunior148

Unread postby Nicastro13 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:49 pm

I keep reading about the Joe Johnson and Bosh looking into sign and trades with other teams,or atleast other teams looking at offering s&t's and yet have heard of nothing involving Cleveland. My question to those who know more, I'm pretty sure this is the only way we could add anything legit to the mix, have we, or do we plan on talking with any of the other Free Agents, or do we just sit tight and wait on LeBron. I would think that this would help, but not sure how the cap, tax and league politics would shake out.
Nicastro13

Favorite Player: Kyrie
Least Favorite Player: Joe Pittsburgh Fan

Unread postby CP » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:25 pm

@Chris_Broussard CHI-MIAMI emerging as frontrunners for LJ. CLE not dead, but... 17 minutes ago

I like Broussard and I can't tell whether my current irritation with him is the fact that his tweets like this always seem to follow someone else's stories, that I don't like what he's saying or some combination of both.

I'm starting to wonder whether "frontrunner" status seems directly related to the number of rumor pieces out there at any given time.

Miami is way nicer than Cleveland, I know, but ownership has ignored Wade's pleas for years to improve that team. I can't even see how that team would reach championship levels even with Wade/LBJ/Bosh. Methinks Dwayne is just upset at the prospect that the FAs would rather play with Rose than himself.
CP

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:30 am

I'm sure by now you've all seen the Screamin' A Smiff reports that Boesch and Bron are going to So Beach with d Wade?
jb

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA