Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Official LBJ FA Thread

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Official LBJ FA Thread

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue May 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Random LeBron story...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=An5J_8DIuL.ZXTO7kzqWTyK8vLYF?slug=dw-lebronfuture051410

LeBron once told me that if he had gone to college he would’ve signed with the University of Akron, the hometown mid-major. The reasons, he said, were numerous. He loved Akron. Some of his high school teammates were going there. The clincher was that his first high school coach, Keith Dambrot, who had helped teach him the game, had become Akron’s head coach.

”Why not?” LeBron said, smiling.

It’s a quaint story. To this day Dambrot thinks he would’ve gotten him. Of course, LeBron has also said at other times he would’ve gone to a half-dozen different schools, so it probably wouldn’t have happened.

But that he even imagined the possibility was rare. Elite recruits aren’t aware enough to know their biggest impact could be at home, not at some far-off hoops factory, that their old coach and old teammates mean more than some smooth recruiting pitch, that turning the basketball world on its ear by doing something so daring and unique can be the coolest idea of them all.

They don’t get that the Dukes and UCLAs need them more than they need the Dukes and UCLAs.

The Akron story said something about LeBron James.
Or maybe it didn’t.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby daddywags » Tue May 18, 2010 8:00 pm

I think it says something about LeBron, but nothing we don't already know. He went from a small Catholic high school in downtown Akron to the cover of Sports Illustrated. He knew he didn't have to go to Ohio State or Duke to burnish his draft status or his image. He would have loved the challenge to see how far he could take his mid-major conference, hometown, college team in the NCAA tournament. And for all the misdirection he likes to throw off, one thing that comes through pretty straight is that he really loves Akron, Ohio and will do what he can to help out that city. Not too many people would spend the money to build the kind of complex he has in Bath if they secretly had in mind "I can't wait to get out of this backwater and into a glitzy place to live."
daddywags

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue May 18, 2010 8:31 pm

No John Wall in New Jersyey. Looks like Washington gets LeBron's buddy from the U of K.

1. Washington
2. Philly
3. New Jersey
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby waborat » Tue May 18, 2010 9:11 pm

Orenthal wrote:No John Wall in New Jersyey. Looks like Washington gets LeBron's buddy from the U of K.

1. Washington
2. Philly
3. New Jersey

Cool, now the heavy DC rumors can begin
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby daddywags » Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 pm

From Windy's twitter: "Wall/LeBron combo was overvalued. LeBron got tight with him to sign him to his firm. Didn't work, Wall signed with Dan Fegan weeks ago." FWIW.
daddywags

Unread postby jb » Wed May 19, 2010 10:12 am

Per Brinda on RBS right now, Bron not on vacation at all, but is touring the most toney ' hoods of Chicago scoping cribs.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed May 19, 2010 10:23 am

jb wrote:Per Brinda on RBS right now,

and THAT's where I stopped reading

Was he using The Chin's realtor to assist him?
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 19, 2010 10:32 am

jb wrote:Per Brinda on RBS right now, Bron not on vacation at all, but is touring the most toney ' hoods of Chicago scoping cribs.

I can't even believe you took the time to type that trash.

I'm with you on LBJ likely being gone, but house hunting in Chi-town less than a week later?

Puh-lease.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby CP » Wed May 19, 2010 10:44 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/n ... id=5197928

So what's the cost of FA tampering, officially? Minnesota lost the rights to Joe Smith to a tampering-related claim.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby tired » Wed May 19, 2010 1:20 pm

jb wrote:Per Brinda on RBS right now, Bron not on vacation at all, but is touring the most toney ' hoods of Chicago scoping cribs.
Sounds like LeBye to me.
Going blind, out of reach, somewhere in the vasoline.
tired

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby jb » Wed May 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
jb wrote:Per Brinda on RBS right now,

and THAT's where I stopped reading

Was he using The Chin's realtor to assist him?

Stuttering Greg from Elyria is sure nuff a dork but at a loss to call BS on his reporting. This was not a caller rumor.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:50 pm

::doh::

Too soon bitches. Come on. Guys been getting the shit kicked out of him all season and is tired, beaten up, sore, etc... you think he's effing house hunting 5 days later in Chicago.

Same chance as Redz/Gloria.

BTW, there are many small forces at play that help Cleveland.

NJ not getting #1 and Wall, Boston NOT being the NBA equivalent of some 70 yr-old man, time and space continues to grow from last week.

Perspective and time boys. See where we stand after more of each.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby CP » Wed May 19, 2010 2:05 pm

CP wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5197928

So what's the cost of FA tampering, officially? Minnesota lost the rights to Joe Smith to a tampering-related claim.

I'm expecting the media to not give this story its due credence. Since when was it OK for an employee of a team to start speaking about his team's target FAs and how those target FAs will fit in with his team while said FA was still under contract and while his existing team had an exclusive window with which to negotiate?

If I'm the Cavaliers, I don't do anything about it yet, but if I lose LeBron, the tampering claims I'd be filing would be crazy, and would probably result in litigation.

I know the back-door stuff goes on all the time in the NBA, but it's annoying that it is still the middle of May and teams are already talking in the open as if it was 7/1/10.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed May 19, 2010 2:12 pm

From Ric Bucher
In last 24 hours I've had one source tell me LeBron is "100 pct gone" and another emphatically say he's going nowhere. This is where we are.

followed up by
@MrChrisdavis @RicBucher Which source is historically more reliable is the question? Good ?. That's the rub. Both are usually reliable.
about 2 hours ago via web

Kind of telling if you ask me.

Call me skeptical if I don't take everything that's reported as gospel.

NO WAY is this kid going to tip his hand by going house hunting in a potential destination when there's 6-8 more weeks of the media hanging on his every action. He craves the attention and the questioning that is out there regarding his future.

I have afriend of a friend of my wife's who's a 411 operator. She got a call from the James compound to get a listing of pie joints in Summit County. The explaination is they wanted to compare NY style to deep dish.

Dude's gone!
:dingle:
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 19, 2010 2:42 pm

peeker643 wrote:::doh::

Too soon bitches. Come on. Guys been getting the shit kicked out of him all season and is tired, beaten up, sore, etc... you think he's effing house hunting 5 days later in Chicago.

NJ not getting #1 and Wall, Boston NOT being the NBA equivalent of some 70 yr-old man, time and space continues to grow from last week.

I agree 100% .....House hunting? I thought it was probably even more ridiculous than the Redz rumor, which was a thread I didn't even click on for days because I thought it was a joke on TCF.

Then it was a topic on Washington radio.

Bron house hunting in Jordantown and Redz the milfhunter? 6 days into this?

Reminds me of anchorman....."Boy, that escalated quickly.....I mean that really got out of hand fast! ..."

Where is someone with the double face palm jpeg?
JCoz

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:48 pm

I'm sure the month+ he has taken off since the 78th game of the season has helped him heal up.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 19, 2010 3:10 pm

aoxo1 wrote:

I'm sure the month+ he has taken off since the 78th game of the season has helped him heal up.

Zing!

Good one.
JCoz

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:20 pm

aoxo1 wrote:

Well, I know he worked his ass off in Game 3. And it has to be tiring to collect ~30, 20, 10 and 9 turnovers in Game 6.

Games 2 and 5 though? Plenty of rest and rehab time despite a game going on.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby waborat » Wed May 19, 2010 6:30 pm

peeker643 wrote: you think he's effing house hunting 5 days later in Chicago.

Why Hell yes...

Figured he was picking out window treatments & paint swatches by now...

And lawn mowers
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby jb » Thu May 20, 2010 9:26 am

Orenthal wrote:Random LeBron story...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=An5J_8DIuL.ZXTO7kzqWTyK8vLYF?slug=dw-lebronfuture051410

LeBron once told me that if he had gone to college he would’ve signed with the University of Akron, the hometown mid-major. The reasons, he said, were numerous. He loved Akron. Some of his high school teammates were going there. The clincher was that his first high school coach, Keith Dambrot, who had helped teach him the game, had become Akron’s head coach.

”Why not?” LeBron said, smiling.

It’s a quaint story. To this day Dambrot thinks he would’ve gotten him. Of course, LeBron has also said at other times he would’ve gone to a half-dozen different schools, so it probably wouldn’t have happened.

But that he even imagined the possibility was rare. Elite recruits aren’t aware enough to know their biggest impact could be at home, not at some far-off hoops factory, that their old coach and old teammates mean more than some smooth recruiting pitch, that turning the basketball world on its ear by doing something so daring and unique can be the coolest idea of them all.

They don’t get that the Dukes and UCLAs need them more than they need the Dukes and UCLAs.

The Akron story said something about LeBron James.
Or maybe it didn’t.

Perhaps at one time it did. I do believe it did. But I see a different person now, one surrounded by sychophants and with one eye off the prize. That never ends the right way.

These guys aren't like you and I. We can not instill our values.

One thing I think is very telling is this: As far as I know, Bron cut his teeth not as we older folks might have or the guys of our generation, but under the lights from early years.

Bron didn't strat with a CYO or JR HS team that played other schools. He started with this travelling aall star junior type-AAU shit. His HS experience was based on a tight group of other players instead of a full student experience best I can tell. He didn't spend the countless hours on the Lansing playground of French Lick back yard bucket. He rode in vans and played where everything was structured and organized to the hilt and it was all tourney baased. His HS experience wasn't normal either. They didn't build or grow anything, they just cohorted a group of stars as apackage and let Travis in as they were older.

WTF does this mean?

I will go so far to suggest this is at Bron's very core.

I get the sense that the old school superstars needed basketball to function. I don't even think basketball is "fun" for LeBron James. As he state sin the opening of more than a game, paraphrasing, it is just a means to an end.

Winning titles in his hometown region is no longer the end LBJ desires, if it ever TRULY was. It is for you and I, and we saw him through our lenses.

I've concluded that this is just not so.
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Thu May 20, 2010 10:13 am

Yikes JB. Depressing take.

I think the whole story there about Akron is garbage anyways. He has said he would have gone to 3-4 dif schools. The story about akron is just another one of those mythical stories about LBJ going to college that are out there to give sweet dreams to the fans of those schools imagining if they had LBJ for a year.

It has nothing to do with loyalty and says nothing about loyalty. Massive, and completely ridiculous speculation to take ANYTHING away from that story about LBJ and loyalty IMO.

It's simply that coach's little wet dream and a story he will tell his grandkids, that he almost got LeBron James at Akron U.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Thu May 20, 2010 10:18 am

JCoz wrote: he almost got LeBron James at Akron U.

When it was the other way around.
jb

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Thu May 20, 2010 10:19 am

If he went to Chicago that team would eventually be better than the Bulls in the 90's

LeBron and Rose??? you kiddin' me
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby jb » Thu May 20, 2010 10:47 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:If he went to Chicago that team would eventually be better than the Bulls in the 90's

LeBron and Rose??? you kiddin' me

No it wouldn't.

Not until Bron and Rose's chromozones mutate into MJ's indomitable will to win.

Great F'n team to be sure, but only MJ was MJ. That's why he was MJ.

Deep, huh? :lmfao:
jb

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu May 20, 2010 12:25 pm

I still feel he will depart but the one that thing seems to be lost in this LeBronathon is why people feel the Cavaliers won't be able to woo anyone here via free agency in the event LBJ stays? Weird, imo.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu May 20, 2010 1:43 pm

fundamentals wrote:I still feel he will depart but the one that thing seems to be lost in this LeBronathon is why people feel the Cavaliers won't be able to woo anyone here via free agency in the event LBJ stays? Weird, imo.

With what?

And FTR, I personally don't see how Lebron meshes with Wade, Rose, or any other star, who dominates the ball. YMMV.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby jb » Thu May 20, 2010 1:46 pm

fundamentals wrote:I still feel he will depart but the one that thing seems to be lost in this LeBronathon is why people feel the Cavaliers won't be able to woo anyone here via free agency in the event LBJ stays? Weird, imo.

Refresh my memory as to all of our success is signing the type of players to replace James we had before James?

Are you referring to John Battle?
jb

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu May 20, 2010 2:17 pm

jb wrote:

Refresh my memory as to all of our success is signing the type of players to replace James we had before James?

Maybe too much gravy has clouded my initial thought in that should LBJ stay, then why is it so unfathomable that the Cavaliers can sign a guy like Joe Johnson, etc...?
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby JCoz » Thu May 20, 2010 2:21 pm

fundamentals wrote:
jb wrote:

Maybe too much gravy has clouded my initial thought in that should LBJ stay, then why is it so unfathomable that the Cavaliers can sign a guy like Joe Johnson, etc...?

What do you mean?

A sign and trade?

Cause I thought even with some departed vets, the Cavs are right up against it with regards to the cap.
JCoz

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu May 20, 2010 2:25 pm

The only way to get an impact guy would be a sign and trade. Even losing Shaq and Z would only get them approx $9 mill under the cap and that's not gonna land you a Joe Johnson/Amare/Dirk.

Ferry will have to do some of his magic to get a significant piece in here, either a sign and trade w/ expirings and Jamison or somehow work a 3 team trade. It won't be easy or pretty.

It seems like you're hopeful that some of these guys will take much less to play with Bron and challenge for a 'ship. Don't know how agents and the players union would like that.
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby JCoz » Thu May 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:The only way to get an impact guy would be a sign and trade. Even losing Shaq and Z would only get them approx $9 mill under the cap and that's not gonna land you a Joe Johnson/Amare/Dirk.

Ferry will have to do some of his magic to get a significant piece in here, either a sign and trade w/ expirings and Jamison or somehow work a 3 team trade. It won't be easy or pretty.

It seems like you're hopeful that some of these guys will take much less to play with Bron and challenge for a 'ship. Don't know how agents and the players union would like that.

Could you imagine the headlines of a Joe Johnson sign and trade?

This just in: Ferry finds LeQuit his perfect sidekick
JCoz

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu May 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:And FTR, I personally don't see how Lebron meshes with Wade, Rose, or any other star, who dominates the ball. YMMV.

I think D-Wade's his best bet, since he'll likely be the only guy in the org who won't be riding Bron's jock. I doubt their partnership lasts longer than Kobe 'n Shaq, but I can see it resulting in titles.

Unless Derrick Rose has the same spine, he'll be getting letters of sympathy from Mo Williams.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri May 21, 2010 12:26 pm

Well at least I don't have to wait around in anticipation until July. Jim Brown chimes in....
http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2010/05/lebron_james_will_leave_says_f.html

You know, it's so unfortunate that a man that's got so much would feel so bad right now because of what he couldn't do. I think he's being treated unfairly,'' Brown said. "I think the expectations were too high, and I don't think he's gonna stay in Cleveland because of it. I think as one man, there's only so much you can do, and for people to analyze you and to basically say humiliating things about you, when you've given all those things through the years to that franchise, I think it's an atrocity.''

Expectations were too high? James is the kid who said in one of his first press conferences that he wanted to light up Downtown just like Vegas. His goal was to bring a championship to Cleveland. When talking about this years playoffs we were told we would see a totally different beast. All LBJ's words, not the fans. We expected a 'ship from the kid because HE said he would deliver.

At least Brown kept race out of the equation.....for now.
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby CTownYaga » Fri May 21, 2010 1:00 pm

fundamentals wrote:
jb wrote:

.....salary cap?
CTownYaga

Favorite Player: Brandon Jennings
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby tired » Fri May 21, 2010 1:12 pm

So I'm sitting here reading the boards with first take on the t.v. and I swear I just heard them say Mark Cuban will offer a check to the nba and LeBron can fill in the blanks when he becomes a free agent officially on July 1st. WTF ???
Going blind, out of reach, somewhere in the vasoline.
tired

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Sat May 22, 2010 2:23 am

Ok, so it's officially hit the fan, at least from my point of view. Bosh today said 1) he wants to play with LB (in NY) and 2) he's open to a sign and trade. So, now I'm set up to be really pissed off. LB should be on a plane right now. He should land in Toronto and tell Bosh you're playing with me next year in Cle. Oh, and grab your coat because we're taking the next plane for Atlanta, while making one phone call to Miami (and maybe one to Utah.) I'm dead serious. I know the tampering rules, but Gilbert runs the most closed mouthed organization in the league, LB knows how to keep a secret (we know only too well) and LB can strong arm Bosh to keep his mouth shut for another 2 months. If LB isn't acting on this himself, Ferry and Gilbert should be sitting him down and reading him the riot act.

Windy said on his podcast the Cavs actually have a lot to work with. Delonte's expiring is surprisingly big (about $5M), they have Parker and Moon expiring too, and Hickson's value is sky high. Bosh, JJohnson and maybe Boozer can strongarm their orgs into a sign and trade to Cle (Riley probably says screw you, so Wade would probably be out of reach.) Ferry could jumpstart the process in the 1st paragraph and bring in Tony Parker (the real one this time.) There's lots to be done. If only we had someone in the org. dynamic enough to get it going.

More and more people are blaming LB for the whole mess. First Hughes and Yell out of desperation, then Ariza and others not coming bec of uncertainty whether LB is staying. Maybe. I've said repeatedly Hughes/Yell was also Ferry's fault for bad evaluation and choices, and Ariza also said he went to Hou to be a first option, not a sidekick. But, now's the time for LB to step up. If he resigns but doesn't make an effort to bring anyone with him, then that will be strike 2 against him.
Frank Duffy

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

Unread postby Sol Solis » Sat May 22, 2010 10:41 am

The LeBron/Bosh combos everyone is dreaming up seems a little unlikely to me. For it to happen, Bosh would likely get a sign and trade, which means that LBJ would just sign as a free agent on the Bull/Knicks/etc. In that scenario Bosh would be making quite a bit more than LBJ, assuming Bosh gets a max contract. Does anyone actually think LBJ would take less than another player on his own team?
Sol Solis

Favorite Player: King Louie
Least Favorite Player: Sheed

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Sat May 22, 2010 5:52 pm

mark cuban got slapped with a $100k fine for talking about a sign and trade for lebron. that's like theclevelandfan.com fining me $1 every time i point out what a fag eyeore is...

just sayin
"Meh. Calling me names on the internet is really no big deal, happens all the time." - e0y2e3
Ea$t $ide

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Paul Pierce

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat May 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Ea$t $ide wrote:mark cuban got slapped with a $100k fine for talking about a sign and trade for lebron. that's like theclevelandfan.com fining me $1 every time i point out what a fag eyeore is...

just sayin

Just sayin.......
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby swerb » Sun May 23, 2010 8:22 am

Ea$t $ide wrote:mark cuban got slapped with a $100k fine for talking about a sign and trade for lebron. that's like theclevelandfan.com fining me $1 every time i point out what a fag eyeore is...

just sayin

How about we just get rid of you permanently - no fines needed. See ya.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pup » Sun May 23, 2010 9:39 am

Sol Solis wrote:The LeBron/Bosh combos everyone is dreaming up seems a little unlikely to me. For it to happen, Bosh would likely get a sign and trade, which means that LBJ would just sign as a free agent on the Bull/Knicks/etc. In that scenario Bosh would be making quite a bit more than LBJ, assuming Bosh gets a max contract. Does anyone actually think LBJ would take less than another player on his own team?

How much is Shaq making?

One of them does sign and trade, the other gets the FA max. Both will survive.

And I believe Bosh submitted a list of teams he would accept a s&T to. Cleveland was not on that list. A pretty telling moment, IMO, for all of you still with hope. He gone.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun May 23, 2010 12:44 pm

...and today that 5 team list has been totally discredited.
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66729/20100521/boshs_agent_denies_giving_raptors_list_of_teams/

So all of us with hope have just been told that we can still have hope.
Orenthal

Unread postby dmiles » Sun May 23, 2010 8:53 pm

W&G hasn't posted a single thing since that night he opined that "we wuz played". I quit going to RCF but once in a while login to check poster history and nada since 5/13.

I was expecting some added melt down posts (he seemed pissed) but nada. Muzzled?
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun May 23, 2010 9:54 pm

Mike Brown = Romeo???

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=28833

Gilbert throwing money in the hole?
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Sun May 23, 2010 10:18 pm

I don't think there is much question that he has already been let go, the team has just not announced it yet.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:50 pm

swerb wrote:

just sayin

We need a 'TCF Dead Thread' to keep track of these lost souls. This one almost went unnoticed since I vowed not to check this thread til July. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon May 24, 2010 3:11 pm

swerb wrote:

just sayin

But, but, but....Eastside was the ONE who told us that the Celtics series was gonna be no picnic.

I'm really going to miss that brilliant insight.
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue May 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Consider the source but if NJ hires Roker, I don't think LBJ would be too jazzed to go and become part of the NJ/Russian mafia

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66799/20100525/nets_want_to_interview_mike_brown/

The Nets aren't in a hurry to hire a new head coach, but the New York Daily News reports that they want to talk with Mike Brown.

Unless they're just trying to get an idea about Mike Brwon and than hire the total opposite of him.
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:Consider the source but if NJ hires Roker, I don't think LBJ would be too jazzed to go and become part of the NJ/Russian mafia

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66799/20100525/nets_want_to_interview_mike_brown/

The Nets aren't in a hurry to hire a new head coach, but the New York Daily News reports that they want to talk with Mike Brown.

Unless they're just trying to get an idea about Mike Brwon and than hire the total opposite of him.

They should bring LBJ in for a visit while Brown is interviewing for the job at one desk and D West has Gloria bent over the other one. :hide:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue May 25, 2010 2:58 pm

That's cold blooded, Peeks. :)

Im really glad I checked in prior to July 1st too, just to see East Slime get booted to the curb. Wont be missed.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA