Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:40 pm

You're not funny troll, shut up.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:53 am

I hope Ilgauskas isn't given the opportunity to come back so I can watch a board melt of titanic proportions. :hide:

Philbert and Doc none likey the notion of Z coming back. :lmfao:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:56 am

fundamentals wrote:I hope Ilgauskas isn't given the opportunity to come back so I can watch a board melt of titanic proportions. :hide:

Philbert and Doc none likey the notion of Z coming back. :lmfao:

Shouldn't you be more concerned that LBJ ran off the court last night w/o shaking hands? ;-) ;) :wink:
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:31 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:
Shouldn't you be more concerned that LBJ ran off the court last night w/o shaking hands? ;-) ;) :wink:

I am not here to talk about the past. :bunny:

Shouldn't you be more concerned with why Tom Veryzer beat you out as the regular shortstop for the Cleveland Indians?

"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:12 am

fundamentals wrote:I am not here to talk about the past. :bunny:

Shouldn't you be more concerned with why Tom Veryzer beat you out as the regular shortstop for the Cleveland Indians?

Your answer is in the upper left hand corner of the card....utility, man, utility!
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:38 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:Your answer is in the upper left hand corner of the card....utility, man, utility!

I wonder if he shook hands with Kuiper when he couldn't beat him out either? :dunno:

Not having Z isn't a big deal for me, but I know others think he is needed to win the title.

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:58 am

fundamentals wrote:I wonder if he shook hands with Kuiper when he couldn't beat him out either? :dunno:

Probably did. He was a great guy. I lived in the same apt complex as he and his family(along w/ Andre Thornton) when he was traded to the Tribe. Became good friends w/ his son (Jeffery) and got to hang out with them.

Not having Z isn't a big deal for me, but I know others think he is needed to win the title.

I think getting Z back is a key as it puts a higher energy guy(AV) guarding the other teams PF when both are on the floor. It also gives Roker some more match up options both offensively and defensively.

We'll have to wait and see. It's all int he Bullets court now
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Z speaks...sorta

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/02/zydrunas_ilgauskas_off_to_join.html
"Right now I'm a Wizard,'' he said. "I think eventually they'll let me go, but that's just my guess. They haven't told me anything yet. First I've got to go to Washington, and hopefully after a couple of days they'll let me go home.''
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby JoJo White » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Might the NBA change the rules mid-season to prevent Z from returning to the Cavs?

http://twitter.com/MHeislerLATimes

HOLD THAT HOMECOMING. Source says NBA has told other teams it won't let Z go back to Cavs. May be woofing with no rule against it, maybe not
about 1 hours ago from web

HOMECOMING II: Wizards haven't even bought out Zydrunas Ilgauskas yet but everyone knows it's coming and NBA officials read papers

HOMECOMING III: NBA stopped just one now-common trade-buyout-re-sign scam-when Stackhouse admitted it--may be working on way to make it two
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:58 pm

If no rules were broken, I want Gilbert to go ape shit if the NBA tries to pull this. While Stern is at it, maybe he could add a 4 point line for the 2nd half of the season.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby fundamentals » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Wizards near buyout with Ilgauskas
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 40 minutes ago

Buzz up! 4 PrintZydrunas Ilgauskas(notes) could reach agreement on a buyout with the Washington Wizards in the next couple days, his agent told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday.

The bigger question is this: Will the NBA allow him to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers?

Ilgauskas’ agent, Herb Rudoy, said he was “hopeful” a buyout would be done by “Monday or Tuesday,” after having discussions with Wizards general manager Ernie Grunfeld over the weekend.

The Los Angeles Times reported the NBA has told teams the center won’t be allowed to return to the Cavaliers, based on evidence there was a prearranged deal. The Cavs traded Ilgauskas and a No. 1 draft pick for Antawn Jamison(notes) on Thursday, and many in the NBA – including Lakers coach Phil Jackson and Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers – insisted they believed Ilgauskas was always destined to return to Cleveland.

“ ‘Z’ does not want to go to Washington and knows that there are plenty of good teams that want to sign him,” Rudoy said. “He’s going to take his time.”

Players have to wait 30 days before re-signing with the team that just traded them.

Rudoy insists the NBA hasn’t contacted him about any evidence of a prearranged deal, and vehemently denied anything had been arranged among the Wizards, Cavs and Ilgauskas to get the center back to Cleveland for the playoffs.

“I signed off on the document that there are no other deals in place on this, and I’m not going to put my practice of representing players in jeopardy if that wasn’t true,” Rudoy said.

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby daddywags » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:54 pm

If the NBA did that to LeBron there's no way he'd ever let them forget it. In fact, he would make them regret it, I'd imagine. Not saying LeBron's bigger than the NBA, but he's the face of the NBA and he's really close with Z. Oh, and he's already stated that he wants to take a lead role in the upcoming labor negotiations. Go ahead, David, screw with him over something petty like this.
daddywags

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Major markets LA, NY and Boston would surely be "allowed" to pull this off. The major markets have their way. I really doubt there is any "evidence" of a pre-arrangement. I mean, just because everyone on the internet and NBA talking heads were talking about a buyout, that doesn't mean it was pre-arranged. It means people are smart enough to figure out what the wizzards were gonna do in their situation. That doesn't take brain surgery. Call it a calculated risk by the Cavs.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby papacass » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:13 am

Windy's Twitter:

For whatever his word is worth, and it ought to be something, Z told me personally the Cavs had not talked to him about a buyout.

If the NBA thought there was anything not genuine they would not have approved trade. In Stackhouse incident, intial trade was blocked.

This buyout-and-return is a loop hole but a loop hole contenders have used for years. Until it is closed, it will continue to be used.

Is there a good chance Z will end up back in Cleveland? Yes. Was there a pre-arranged deal? Not based on anyone I've talked to.

First time Z learned of trade was when it was over. Ferry did not even go to LeBron before deal was done.

In reference to rumors about NBA blocking a Z return to Cavs. D. Ferry and Z. Ilgauskas, agent Herb Rudoy reputations beyond reproach.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:00 am

Papa Cass wrote:Windy's Twitter:

For whatever his word is worth, and it ought to be something, Z told me personally the Cavs had not talked to him about a buyout.

If the NBA thought there was anything not genuine they would not have approved trade. In Stackhouse incident, intial trade was blocked.

This buyout-and-return is a loop hole but a loop hole contenders have used for years. Until it is closed, it will continue to be used.

Is there a good chance Z will end up back in Cleveland? Yes. Was there a pre-arranged deal? Not based on anyone I've talked to.

First time Z learned of trade was when it was over. Ferry did not even go to LeBron before deal was done.

In reference to rumors about NBA blocking a Z return to Cavs. D. Ferry and Z. Ilgauskas, agent Herb Rudoy reputations beyond reproach.

Sad we feel the need to post these kinds of things.

1. Because it's actually needed to clarify a situation that really doesn't need to be clarified. and;

2. What will people fear and worry about today with this team?

Quick Question- Is a player eligible to return 30 days after the buyout or thirty days after the trade was originally made provided no games were played by bought out player with his new club?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:04 am

Part of TCE is to expect the worst, especially since it has happened so much in the past.
Here's my take on the whole thing, speaks to something John Wooden said a long time ago: People like being the "underdog" because if the team doesn't win, it's no big deal. But, now that the Cavaliers have Jamison, they are the "favorite" to win it all, in my opinion, and that's a tough thing for folks to swallow. Wooden maintained he always enjoyed being the favorite because most of the time, the favorite wins, and you want to know why, it's because they were/are the better team. I don't know if the Cavaliers will get Z back, but it seems like we always think everyone is against Cleveland teams and think the worst. Not sure I made any sense......so Cue Chicken Little.

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:11 am

fundamentals wrote:Part of TCE is to expect the worst, especially since it has happened so much in the past.
Here's my take on the whole thing, speaks to something John Wooden said a long time ago: People like being the "underdog" because if the team doesn't win, it's no big deal. But, now that the Cavaliers have Jamison, they are the "favorite" to win it all, in my opinion, and that's a tough thing for folks to swallow. Wooden maintained he always enjoyed being the favorite because most of the time, the favorite wins, and you want to know why, it's because they were/are the better team. I don't know if the Cavaliers will get Z back, but it seems like we always think everyone is against Cleveland teams and think the worst. Not sure I made any sense......so Cue Chicken Little.

How's this; who gives a rat's ass if they get Z back? ;-) ;) :wink:

And I'm fine running as the favorite. Give me that distinction every season in every sport.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:27 am

Peeker643 wrote:

And I'm fine running as the favorite. Give me that distinction every season in every sport.

I am on record, I think, of saying it doesn't matter to me whether they get Z back or not.
Ilgauskas isn't a guard, so I don't care about him, but that's me.

We have come to expect the worst.

IMO, You are in the minority with regard to the last comment.

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby papacass » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:23 am

Peeker643 wrote:

1. Because it's actually needed to clarify a situation that really doesn't need to be clarified. and;

Quick Question- Is a player eligible to return 30 days after the buyout or thirty days after the trade was originally made provided no games were played by bought out player with his new club?

Come on Peek, you know me well enough by now to know that I don't melt or freak out easily. I'm a big-picture thinker when it comes to moves like this. I try to be a realist. I was the one preaching stay the course on Shaq when he was underperforming early on and we had daily melters telling everyone that it was time to cut bait on Shaq.

I was relaying a bunch of Twitters from Windy because it was germain and I thought the people who read the thread might find them of interest.

I do want Z back. I think he'll help in smaller doses against Orlando, Boston and the Lakers. But I still trade Z for Jamison 100 times out of 100. No question the Cavs are better now than they were at this time last week. That will become apparent as the weeks pass and we get into springtime. And if Z doesn't come back, it's not the end of the world.

But I'm not posting this as a means of calming my nerves or trying to ward off TCE.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby CharacterIV » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 am

fundamentals wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

I am on record, I think, of saying it doesn't matter to me whether they get Z back or not.
Ilgauskas isn't a guard, so I don't care about him, but that's me.

We have come to expect the worst.

IMO, You are in the minority with regard to the last comment.

In that last comment re: Favorite/Underdog lies the difference, in my opinion, between the Professional Athlete and the Fan. We Fans, as primarily normal sorta guys, are used to being cast in an underdog role. We have bosses and superiors we answer to in our lives, and even if self-employed, I think very few of us are captains of industry and the unquestioned leaders of our field. There's always a bigger fish. That's Fans. Professional Athletes are used to being the best. From Pee Wee to Pro, many of them have always been the best players on the best teams. They're used to being favorites, and that's where they'd prefer to be. Many writers, Simmons in particular, reference the value of being the "nobody believed in us" team, but that's in order to connect with their own readership, 99.99% fans themselves, who would indentify with the underdog far more than the favorite, because that's their nature. Everybody performs better when in their comfort zone, and it's a fallacy to assume that our comfort zone, as fans, is the same as a Pro Athlete's. I'll take my teams thinking they're favorites every time.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:29 am

Papa Cass wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

Come on Peek, you know me well enough by now to know that I don't melt or freak out easily. I'm a big-picture thinker when it comes to moves like this. I try to be a realist. I was the one preaching stay the course on Shaq when he was underperforming early on and we had daily melters telling everyone that it was time to cut bait on Shaq.

I was relaying a bunch of Twitters from Windy because it was germain and I thought the people who read the thread might find them of interest.

I do want Z back. I think he'll help in smaller doses against Orlando, Boston and the Lakers. But I still trade Z for Jamison 100 times out of 100. No question the Cavs are better now than they were at this time last week. That will become apparent as the weeks pass and we get into springtime. And if Z doesn't come back, it's not the end of the world.

But I'm not posting this as a means of calming my nerves or trying to ward off TCE.

Wasn't a knock at you Cass. It was more of a general comment that people need to see such posts to ease their minds and validate the fact that things will work out/not work out in the long run.You say you posted it because "it was germain and I thought the people who read the thread might find them of interest."

I think that's the issue too. I find it disheartening that people need to be reassured all the time.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:41 am

I think that's the issue too. I find it disheartening that people need to be reassured all the time.

Seriously.....I mean, if god needed us to find reassurance in this, why would he give us beer and strippers?
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:

Seriously.....I mean, if god needed us to find reassurance in this, why would he give us beer and strippers?

Ha Yeah, a lot of us do not want to be the favorite, but we sure do want "respect".
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:43 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Papa Cass wrote:I think that's the issue too. I find it disheartening that people need to be reassured all the time.

Peek what the hell are you talking about? News is news. Every sports update on the radio is reporting that the NBA is going to block Z coming back.

Whether that's about the Cavs or another team its sports news that people would want to hear about.

I don't know if I just missed your point here, but I didn't tune into the thread and read these posts for "reassurance" I tuned in to find out what the fuck is going on - So what in hell are you blathering about?
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:28 pm

JCoz wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
Papa Cass wrote:I think that's the issue too. I find it disheartening that people need to be reassured all the time.

Peek what the hell are you talking about? News is news. Every sports update on the radio is reporting that the NBA is going to block Z coming back.

Whether that's about the Cavs or another team its sports news that people would want to hear about.

I don't know if I just missed your point here, but I didn't tune into the thread and read these posts for "reassurance" I tuned in to find out what the fuck is going on - So what in hell are you blathering about?

Why don't you fucking relax.

News is news when it actually happens.

The problem is more people than I care to admit have come to accept rumor and bullshit as news.

It ain't.

Show me where there's anything other than rumor and innuendo that this is even being considered by the NBA. Then why don't you go back and check those same sources for all the bullshit stories they threw out there last week, 99% of which weren't even close.

Page hits and sales. That's all people are in it for. And if there's not any real news then the easiest way to generate hits and sales is to make shit up.

I'm not even going to get into the sick and diseased mindset of the fans.

"LA Times quoting unnamed sources....." BOOO!!!

Ridiculous.

That's what I'm blathering about J. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:49 pm

PDcavsinsider : High-ranking NBA source claims league will not block a potential Ilgauskas return to Cavs: http://bit.ly/9FVKQp

Just FYI.

Now THANK GOD we can get our aging decrepit flesh wall back that will satisfy the greek gods and allow us to win again. If I see Zarma posted one more time I might be physically sick.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Why doesn't anyone like my word Zarma I made up? It doesn't matter if you like Z or the trade, Zarma still perfectly sums up the last week. How can you think Z isn't important to our success? Who replaces Shaq off the bench now? Andy? Bitch please. You must have a mental disease.

:hide:
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Throw me in the camp that wants Z back. Nothing to do with emotion, but this team is better with Z backing up Shaq, then any other player backing him up at this point. I won't be sold on Andy at center unless he is out there with a stretch at the four spot. Inside out bench rotation worked when Andy was moved to the bench with Z.

Agree with Peek on the whole news angle. Until the NBA actually does something, bah, its all smoke hoping for flames. Funny it came out of LA, maybe Philip is the inside source. Funny that him and Doc complained the most about the trade. They happen to be ones that stand to lose if everything comes to pass...

Can't teach 7'3" and it just allows for several more lineups that Brown can work with, all about being flexible with favorable matchups with as many teams as possible.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:18 pm

I absolutely like and want Z back. He and Shaq allow each other less minutes. Neither can put a ton of minutes in. I don't mind an occasional Andy at 5, but I would rather have the choice. Z is a "stretch 5" in a way. A good compliment to Shaq. And the time the two put together vs the Lake show at Christmas was shockingly effective in shutting down the paint.

I just like the flexibility he gives us.

Edit: And when the Cavs win it all this year... I want Z standing there with LBJ with the trophy and a net around his neck. Call me sentimental, if you wish. So be it.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Shadow Scars wrote:Why doesn't anyone like my word Zarma I made up? It doesn't matter if you like Z or the trade, Zarma still perfectly sums up the last week. How can you think Z isn't important to our success? Who replaces Shaq off the bench now? Andy? Bitch please. You must have a mental disease.

:hide:

I want Z back too. I'm just not attributing his presence as being the key that wins it all this season. I want him on the podium, I want him to retire having only played for the Cavs, etc.....but I don't think for a second that he's the crucial peice that would put Cleveland over the top this year. They already traded for that.

I'd put a lot of money on Z only playing 10-15 minutes in the playoffs, anyway. Some length when Shaq is on the bench. Antawn will get the bulk of the minutes and stretch the floor, and AV will be in for the "small" lineup with Bron at the 4. Combined with a small uptick in minutes for Shaq in the playoffs, JJ seeing a few minutes for athleticism and energy, and Powe 5-8 for defense.

"Zarma" reeks of "Bennifer" or "Spiedei" and may have been funny if you didn't :dead:

But that doesn't mean I respect you any less. :wink:
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby Cease » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Will we get to see picture of Z in a uniform other than Cavs? Would be like seeing Kosar in Dallas gear. I assume he had to take his physical in DC, but that's purely a guess. Anyone know if he's even left the West Side since the announcement?

I look forward to seeing the big man back at the Q, and place chances at 99%. Either way, this was the right trade to make.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:17 am

Peeker643 wrote:
JCoz wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

Why don't you fucking relax.

News is news when it actually happens.

The problem is more people than I care to admit have come to accept rumor and bullshit as news.

It ain't.

Show me where there's anything other than rumor and innuendo that this is even being considered by the NBA. Then why don't you go back and check those same sources for all the bullshit stories they threw out there last week, 99% of which weren't even close.

Page hits and sales. That's all people are in it for. And if there's not any real news then the easiest way to generate hits and sales is to make shit up.

I'm not even going to get into the sick and diseased mindset of the fans.

"LA Times quoting unnamed sources....." BOOO!!!

Ridiculous.

That's what I'm blathering about J. ;-) ;) :wink:

I'm perfectly calm dude.....calmer than you are. Lol.

Peek, when it gets reported on the radio 3 times an hour (I spent 4.5 hours driving yesterday) that the NBA has told teams it will block a move of Z going back to Cleveland due to evidence of a pre arranged deal......no "La times reports", no "unnamed sources"...no blog repots or truth and rumors sections on the internets........the report on the radio all day was very difinitive in what it was reporting, they had it right after a score from the night before.....should I now go check the website for "reassurance" that the USA did in fact beat Canada in hockey on sunday?

So I get that you are all up in arms over people questioning the trade and whether or not the cavs are a worse team now (which is ridiculous), but if you were listening to the radio yesterday, there was no reason to doubt that report the way it was presesnted.
Last edited by JCoz on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:25 am

Good lord.

One game you are playing down 2 front court players because of the trade.

Another one your new front court ace is pressing and cannot hit the ocean.

Next game your top three guards forget that there is a game going on.

but we lost because of Zarma (and Shadow I have seen Zarma dropped about 200 times on the internet already trying to take credit for that annoy as hell term is just beyond sad).

Z has nothing to do w/ what is going on. And as said up thread is not even going to be a major cog in our playoff rotations.

If this Cavs season isn't going to be complete for some of you unless Z gets his ring, so be it, but christ this is approaching insanity.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:51 am

High ranking league source: League ain't blocking anything

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... ot_ba.html
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:57 am

I laugh because this "Twitter" report from the LA Times reporter, based on un named sources, caught so much life. The guy didn't even mention it in Mondays LA Times, yet other outlets take it and run w/ it without verifying that it was true. Windhorst even said (Sun night/Mon morn) that if the NBA even remotely thought that there was a deal in place, this trade would have been voided, just like the Stackhouse debacle when he opened his yap.

Everything I saw on other sports outlets cited the reporters "tweet" as the source of this information. Did anyone consider calling the NBA offices to confirm that this was indeed accurate rather than announce it on the radio as definite?

Lazy reporting
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:05 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:I laugh because this "Twitter" report from the LA Times reporter, based on un named sources, caught so much life. The guy didn't even mention it in Mondays LA Times, yet other outlets take it and run w/ it without verifying that it was true. Windhorst even said (Sun night/Mon morn) that if the NBA even remotely thought that there was a deal in place, this trade would have been voided, just like the Stackhouse debacle when he opened his yap.

Everything I saw on other sports outlets cited the reporters "tweet" as the source of this information. Did anyone consider calling the NBA offices to confirm that this was indeed accurate rather than announce it on the radio as definite?

Lazy reporting

This is a great example of how fast rumors can spread and how many outlets will run with it.

The radio reports I was refering to were on ESPN radio (in washington DC), and gave no credit to the source of the report.

My point was that it was crazy for Peek to be penciling in this report and how it spread as Cleveland Fan Paranioa because this was being reported by ESPN radio all over the country. It wasn't cleveland paranioa it was a major mistep by the LA times and many, many other news outlets that were reporting it as factual NBA news.
JCoz

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:46 am

JCoz wrote:This is a great example of how fast rumors can spread and how many outlets will run with it.

The radio reports I was refering to were on ESPN radio (in washington DC), and gave no credit to the source of the report.

My point was that it was crazy for Peek to be penciling in this report and how it spread as Cleveland Fan Paranioa because this was being reported by ESPN radio all over the country. It wasn't cleveland paranioa it was a major mistep by the LA times and many, many other news outlets that were reporting it as factual NBA news.

I think Peeks point was the fact that (some) Cleveland fans needed to be reassured that the NBA was not going to interfere w/ Z by 6 tweets from Windhorst, squashing what was just a rumor "breaking" on Twitter.

If I'm wrong Peeks, just drag me out back and put me down
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:48 am

JCoz wrote:
Peek, when it gets reported on the radio 3 times an hour (I spent 4.5 hours driving yesterday) that the NBA has told teams it will block a move of Z going back to Cleveland due to evidence of a pre arranged deal......no "La times reports", no "unnamed sources"...no blog repots or truth and rumors sections on the internets........the report on the radio all day was very difinitive in what it was reporting, they had it right after a score from the night before.....should I now go check the website for "reassurance" that the USA did in fact beat Canada in hockey on sunday?

So I get that you are all up in arms over people questioning the trade and whether or not the cavs are a worse team now (which is ridiculous), but if you were listening to the radio yesterday, there was no reason to doubt that report the way it was presesnted.

Really? I doubted it all day.

Let me know how it all turns out. Guess he's blocked for sure since there were 3 radio reports in an hour.

And if you can't tell the difference between reporting a score and pure speculation then don't waste my time with an argument or response J.

You're not that stupid and you've been around the block way too many times to be that ignorant.

I'll assume it was a lapse and a bad day. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:52 am

JCoz wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:I laugh because this "Twitter" report from the LA Times reporter, based on un named sources, caught so much life. The guy didn't even mention it in Mondays LA Times, yet other outlets take it and run w/ it without verifying that it was true. Windhorst even said (Sun night/Mon morn) that if the NBA even remotely thought that there was a deal in place, this trade would have been voided, just like the Stackhouse debacle when he opened his yap.

Lazy reporting

This is a great example of how fast rumors can spread and how many outlets will run with it.

And yet if everyone would have actually stopped and given an iota of thought to it instead of just running with the report, nobody, such as yourself, would have been panicking. Whose more foolish; the fool or the fool that follows him?
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:42 pm

It's a stupid loophole and it should be fixed in offseason. A traded player should not be able to return to the team that traded him.

However, if the league blocks this without being able to prove there was a secret agreement between Z's Agent and the Wizards...... It'll be bullshit. Which would be no surprise since the NBA is run by an awful little bridge troll.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:13 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:NBA is run by an awful little bridge troll.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Good lord.

One game you are playing down 2 front court players because of the trade.

Another one your new front court ace is pressing and cannot hit the ocean.

Next game your top three guards forget that there is a game going on.

but we lost because of Zarma (and Shadow I have seen Zarma dropped about 200 times on the internet already trying to take credit for that annoy as hell term is just beyond sad).

Z has nothing to do w/ what is going on. And as said up thread is not even going to be a major cog in our playoff rotations.

If this Cavs season isn't going to be complete for some of you unless Z gets his ring, so be it, but christ this is approaching insanity.

If you don't think it's Zarma then you must not understand how karma works. I can't say for sure that I was the first one to think of the word but I DID think up the word Zarma. I didn't copy it from anyone. Me copying the word would be almost as sad me claiming that Zarma is actually a real thing.

Relax dude. I'm just joking around. I do hope they get Z back though. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. doesn't mean that yours is any better then anybody elses here.
Shadow Scars

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:17 pm

If you don't think it's Zarma then you must not understand how karma works.

I must not understand how karma works. But I can't help but notice that Big Z played 13 seasons for the Cavaliers and they didn't win squat in any of those, either.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:11 pm

lol you got me. I hope they get him back and I hope this trade works out for the better. Here's hoping they get back on the winning track tonight eh?
Shadow Scars

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:28 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jack_tors » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Thanks for posting Eye, interesting read. I like that after all the examples are given, this becomes "an issue" when the Cavs might be the team to benefit from this loophole. Woj being Woj, all it is.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:04 pm

jack_tors wrote:

Thanks for posting Eye, interesting read. I like that after all the examples are given, this becomes "an issue" when the Cavs might be the team to benefit from this loophole. Woj being Woj, all it is.

Woj isn't the one that has made this an issue. It is three coaches that have something to gain by being dicks: Phil, Doc and Stan.

Woj gave about as fair a write-up on if as you can find here.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:34 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
jack_tors wrote:

Woj isn't the one that has made this an issue. It is three coaches that have something to gain by being dicks: Phil, Doc and Stan.

Woj gave about as fair a write-up on if as you can find here.

And he's exactly right. It is what it's always been and no amount of hand wringing or holding your breath because you live in the biggest sports graveyard in the country is going to change it.

Lot of breaths between now and then. Don't be holding them over this. And if you believe this hasn't been discussed between Danny and Z I'll buy the crash helmet you should be wearing all day.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:52 am

Seattle Post chimes in on the Cavaliers/Common Sense's defense...

http://www.seattlepi.com/scorecard/nbanews.asp?articleID=275627
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm probably the biggest Ferry basher around here, but, to give the devil his due, the trade is impressive. If we get Tawn for a poor draft pick, and esp if we eventually find out Ferry used Pho (or maybe conspired with Kerr) to beat down Wash, that's good stuff. (Still haven't seen real proof of who backed out of the Amare deal first, us or Pho.)

But, the trade is only ultimately as good as Ferry's judgment. Tawn has to be as good as advertised. He's shown some flashes, but I'm still watching, hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I got into a tiff w/Cass awhile back about how Ferry should be more devious. So it's interesting that the Z return may work bec. of F's reputation in the league for being a straight arrow. Windy is pushing this angle hard (and don't think F. isn't noticing - Windy is very respected and he's helping turn the tide against Jackson and his LA Times shills.)

The best irony would be if F. did work a back channel deal w/Z and Wash, and gets away with it bec of his choirboy image - that would truly be impressive.
Frank Duffy

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA