Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Magic vs. Cavs

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Magic vs. Cavs

Unread postby hugerobot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:32 pm

hey dewey how my ass taste

2/11; 8pm; tnt
Last edited by hugerobot on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hugerobot

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: Derek Anderson

Re: Preemptive Magic vs. Cavs

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:36 pm

That's Cheating, someone needs to delete this thread. No thread starting before the prior game is over.
Last edited by Ziner on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby papacass » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Agreed. A) Don't mess with the game thread karma, especially against the Magic. And B), if we start allowing game threads mutiple games in advance, it could make things confusing for those of us who are schedule-glancers, not schedule-memorizers.

I'll let this one go. But one thread at a time from now on. And if the Cavs lose on Thursday, your name is mud, hugerobot. ;-) ;) :wink:
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby hugerobot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:23 pm

if we lose on thursday i won't make another game thread for the rest of the season. that's a promise.
hugerobot

Unread postby davemanddd » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:22 pm

hugerobot wrote:if we lose on thursday i won't make another game thread for the rest of the season. that's a promise.

now that's what i call a dilemma!!! hee-hee!!! :dunno:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:50 am

If Cavs lose thursday, I blame Ey for instigating Hugger so badly he felt he needed to make a point.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby hugerobot » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:13 pm

delonte a gametime decision tonight
hugerobot

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:36 pm

i want to see shaq v howard again. the first game shaq wasn't even playin well yet and he got howard in foul trouble right away. now diez is playin good ball.

most of the time reg season doesn't give much of an indication of how playoffs could go, but last year orlando gave us a REAL hard time in the regular season and it was a precursor to the playoffs.

this game has to mean something to the cavs. not sayin we should ledge if they lose because they got to lose sooner or later. not saying a win guarantees anything, but a strong performance should encourage us for the playoffs. i mean, if you can't get excited over a win, why watch the games anyway.
"Meh. Calling me names on the internet is really no big deal, happens all the time." - e0y2e3
Ea$t $ide

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Paul Pierce

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Ea$t $ide wrote:not sayin we should ledge if they lose because they got to lose sooner or later....

Please.

You'll see people in the thread who haven't been here for weeks and months if they lose tonight. Or on whatever night they lose.

They lose tonight and it'll be, "Can't beat Orlando".
They lose next week against Denver and it'll be, "Denver scares me and the Cavs can't beat 'em."

Accept it. It will be so.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:55 pm

Ea$t $ide wrote:i want to see shaq v howard again. the first game shaq wasn't even playin well yet and he got howard in foul trouble right away. now diez is playin good ball.

most of the time reg season doesn't give much of an indication of how playoffs could go, but last year orlando gave us a REAL hard time in the regular season and it was a precursor to the playoffs.

this game has to mean something to the cavs. not sayin we should ledge if they lose because they got to lose sooner or later. not saying a win guarantees anything, but a strong performance should encourage us for the playoffs. i mean, if you can't get excited over a win, why watch the games anyway.

Orlando played last night, so even if the Cavaliers thrash them, which I expect them to, it will be because of the Magic being tired. Cleveland, as of right now, is the best team going. Regardless of the outcome, I don't see the Magic being capable of beating the Cavaliers in a seven game series in playoffs, might be short-sighted for saying it, but Van Gundy may actually have too many guys that can play and keeping everyone happy isn't easy.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Peeker643 wrote:Please.

You'll see people in the thread who haven't been here for weeks and months if they lose tonight. Or on whatever night they lose.

They lose next week against Denver and it'll be, "Denver scares me and the Cavs can't beat 'em."

Like who? We've weeded out that type.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Cavs- 108
Magic- 99

Chalupas for all.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:06 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:Please.

Like who? We've weeded out that type.

Dude, you've seen it before. If you lose, they will come.

At the very least there will be someone who joins the boards for the sole purpose of posting something like what I referenced above.

As Quincy Morgan might say, "Bleedat".

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:10 pm

IF the Cavaliers are vanquished this evening, McPeek is spot on. There will be Chicken Little sightings everywhere.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/chicken_little/
Last edited by fundamentals on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Screw the naysayers, they're gonna win.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby papacass » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:05 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Ea$t $ide wrote:not sayin we should ledge if they lose because they got to lose sooner or later....

Please.

We need to find the monster under the bed in C-Town. "I told you so" is a defense mechanism.

At least a half-dozen teams, at one point or another, have been vying for the Monster Under The Bed Award.

Charlotte has been ruling that race ever since they beat the Cavs here back in early January. Armed with a 2-1 season record vs. Cleveland (2-0 since acquiring S-Jax), the Bobcats are clearly a team that has the Cavs' number, we're told. We should find the prospect of a Cavs-Bobcats playoff series positively bed-wetting.

But there are other teams in the hunt. Denver is a strong second with a win over Cleveland in January without Melo. Atlanta is on the radar after the Cavs barely squeaked out two razor-close, heart-arrhythmia inducing victories over the Hawks in December, 95-84 and 106-101. I mean, if the Cavs were a cat, they'd have seven lives left after those two heartstoppers.

Orlando still has Monster Under The Bed Emeritus status after the ECF. Of course, we can't forget the Spurs. And the Bulls already beat the Cavs once, and they gave the Celtics everything they could handle in the playoffs last year. Who cares if Ben Gordon is gone? And let's throw the Raps' log on the fire here, too, just because they have Hedo now.

If you're looking for a boogeyman, there are plenty to choose from.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Papa Cass wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

Please.

We need to find the monster under the bed in C-Town. "I told you so" is a defense mechanism.

At least a half-dozen teams, at one point or another, have been vying for the Monster Under The Bed Award.

Charlotte has been ruling that race ever since they beat the Cavs here back in early January. Armed with a 2-1 season record vs. Cleveland (2-0 since acquiring S-Jax), the Bobcats are clearly a team that has the Cavs' number, we're told. We should find the prospect of a Cavs-Bobcats playoff series positively bed-wetting.

But there are other teams in the hunt. Denver is a strong second with a win over Cleveland in January without Melo. Atlanta is on the radar after the Cavs barely squeaked out two razor-close, heart-arrhythmia inducing victories over the Hawks in December, 95-84 and 106-101. I mean, if the Cavs were a cat, they'd have seven lives left after those two heartstoppers.

Orlando still has Monster Under The Bed Emeritus status after the ECF. Of course, we can't forget the Spurs. And the Bulls already beat the Cavs once, and they gave the Celtics everything they could handle in the playoffs last year. Who cares if Ben Gordon is gone? And let's throw the Raps' log on the fire here, too, just because they have Hedo now.

Memphis gets to the Finals and the Cavs are screwed 6 ways to Sunday.

Same with the Wizards in the ECF.

Jesus, this Cavs team blows when you look at it with some depth and without bias. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Papa Cass wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

Please.

Nice. As a lifelong Cleveland fan i actually expect jesus to come down from heaven to personally break lebrons leg if we get anywhere near a series clincher in the finals....
"Meh. Calling me names on the internet is really no big deal, happens all the time." - e0y2e3
Ea$t $ide

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:37 pm

lol. Mosters under beds and now Jesus breaking the leg of our best shot at a title...... God I love being a Cleveland fan.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:lol. Mosters under beds and now Jesus breaking the leg of our best shot at a title...... God I love being a Cleveland fan.

i was kidding of course...but you have to admit, after watching byner fumble that ball....anything seems possible...
Ea$t $ide

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:55 pm

Ea$t $ide wrote: i was kidding of course...but you have to admit, after watching byner fumble that ball....anything seems possible...

Good fucking lord. Can we at least stick to disasters within the last 20 years?

I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Ea$t $ide wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:lol. Mosters under beds and now Jesus breaking the leg of our best shot at a title...... God I love being a Cleveland fan.

i was kidding of course...but you have to admit, after watching byner fumble that ball....anything seems possible...

Yeah I know you guys were joking, so was I. I like the morbid humor of Cleveland fans, it shows true grit.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:47 pm

So there's a possiblility, given a bad result of this game, that we may see the likes of mack07, cmstophe, and RallySquirrel.

I'll be tuned in!
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby CharacterIV » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:15 pm

Color me a little concerned. Magic on a good 3-game tear right now, starting with that big 3rd quarter run where they came back on Boston. They stomped Nola sans Paul with the Tin Man nearly pouring in 50 and stomped the Bulls last night. Contrast that with a Cavalier team that gave us a little fright against the Knicks and I'm a little afraid of the Magic being more up for this game. Not that I'm going to doubt our odds against this squad in the playoffs if we lose tonight (barring a complete humiliation where it shows our personnel still just don't match up at all with those guys) but I don't have a good feeling.

Any word on Delonte for tonight? I remember there was talk he might be back for the Nets game, but at this point do you think they just hold him out until after the break?
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Indignation
Least Favorite Player: "Brands"

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:28 pm

No melts (unless mack rolls in, he hasn't been run).

This place is SO much cleaner than last year it is scary.

Remember last year? Three threads a week about Screamin A Smith and Jamal Mashburn hurting someone's feelings. A complete melt down about Mo not making the AS game, etc.

One, maybe two posters will bitch tonight. Nothing the good ole days (or the Tribe or the Browns board). Least posted on board here and it is for the better.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby hugerobot » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:02 pm

guys, let's not forget about mfrone
hugerobot

Unread postby Juannieboy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Remember late in game one of last years ECF's against these guys when we finally got the lead and when LeBron was seen encouraging the rest of the Cavs while mouthing "one... more.... stop!"? Then, we could'nt stop them....

Don't remember who made the basket that gave Orlando back the lead. I think it was Lewis or Lee (Turkeyglue)? I hated that sinking feeling that these guys might oust us. It still burns my ass that we could not get that stop! :spanky:

I am so ready for some more payback.
I'm Polish...what's your excuse?
Juannieboy

Favorite Player: Gary?
Least Favorite Player: Trombone

Re: Magic vs. Cavs

Unread postby osucrazy18 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:08 pm

anybody have the feed??
"On an off shooting night all you have is your fundamentals and your momma, cause she believes in you Mo!!!!" - - - Uncle Austin after Clippers 3/11/09 believe baby believe
osucrazy18

Favorite Player: Confidence
Least Favorite Player: KG's mouth

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:18 pm

C-Webb just teased an impending trade with Murphy goin to the Cavs. Will be interesting to see of Z plays tonight.
metalhead9x9

Favorite Player: Schaudenfraude
Least Favorite Player: Jeffrey Maier

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:18 pm

osucrazy18 wrote:anybody have the feed??

it's on TNT
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby AK-ROWDY » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Brotha Red is dressed!
AK-ROWDY

Favorite Player: Peyton Hillis
Least Favorite Player: Steelers

Unread postby osucrazy18 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 pm

lol im stuck working womens bball at osu. i was just wondering.
"On an off shooting night all you have is your fundamentals and your momma, cause she believes in you Mo!!!!" - - - Uncle Austin after Clippers 3/11/09 believe baby believe
osucrazy18

Favorite Player: Confidence
Least Favorite Player: KG's mouth

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Redz is slapping hands with the King. Must feel better.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby daddywags » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:29 pm

This is what we're going to see in the playoffs, folks - double teaming Shaq while JJ stands uncovered at the foul line. If he can't consistently hit that shot he's a liability.
daddywags

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:34 pm

JJ!!

Love the energy. You can see the confidence grow each game. Please don't trade him.

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:34 pm

daddywags wrote:This is what we're going to see in the playoffs, folks - double teaming Shaq while JJ stands uncovered at the foul line. If he can't consistently hit that shot he's a liability.

And the Cavs have already made the adjustment and have gotten him some very easy buckets.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby CharacterIV » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Really concerned Shaq sits with 2 fouls before Dewey. That second one I just didn't see the foul. There was contact, but come on. I suppose Shaq leaned into the contact, but really?

Cavs go uptempo nicely to force Stan Van Jeremy into the timeout.

JJ and Andy are going to have to be wildmen on cuts to take advantage of the fact that they're totally discounting the 4 position when Shaq is on the floor.
CharacterIV

Unread postby AK-ROWDY » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Both jumpers had more air on it than usual. He usually puts the shot up short. This is a sign of improvement...Mark me down on the don't trade JJ front unless its for a guaranteed title this and next year
AK-ROWDY

Favorite Player: Peyton Hillis
Least Favorite Player: Steelers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:38 pm

They're getting Hicksoned to death.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby CharacterIV » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:40 pm

JJ is feeling his Cheerios.
CharacterIV

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Anyone notice what the Magic started doing as soon as Z was inserted?
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:43 pm

losing?

bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:44 pm

This jj kid can play a little :)

This first quarter is magical. Woodshed style.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby dmiles » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Just got in, had to pick up son from baseball practice, I saw JJ's last dunk, what the hell did I miss. The czar was on about JJ were they all dunks? Any jumpers?
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby hugerobot » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:45 pm

i'm pretty sure jj is 1/2 on jumpers and the rest have been dunks
hugerobot

Unread postby dmiles » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:47 pm

hugerobot wrote:i'm pretty sure jj is 1/2 on jumpers and the rest have been dunks

For all his airhead D, at least he isn't getting swatted near the cup like Gooden.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby comish » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:48 pm

Is it just me, or does Stan Van look like he is one Twinkie away from a heart attack?
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:50 pm

bookelly wrote:losing?

:lmfao: So witty...

How about giving Dewey the ball about 3 feet from the basket?
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby comish » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:50 pm

For God sakes please keep shooting, Vince!
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby hugerobot » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:52 pm

a lot of ticky tack fouls being called
hugerobot

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA