Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Much Ado?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Much Ado?

Unread postby dem425 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:50 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/stor ... NHeadlines

I didn't see the first quarter of the T-Wolves game.

Is this another "LeBron farted and it's news", or was it a tantrum or just BS?????????
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Re: Much Ado?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:04 pm

dem425 wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4867391&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

I didn't see the first quarter of the T-Wolves game.

Is this another "LeBron farted and it's news", or was it a tantrum or just BS?????????

Nothing. Nothing at all.

LBJ is a drama queen. Just like Kobe.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby daddywags » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:06 pm

I think he was lucky he didn't get a second "T" for that. He went to the basket, got molested by two guys (replays showed contact but not too bad, IMhO), lost the ball, and was complaining at the ref all the way back down the floor. The ref T-d him up and MB immediately took him out of the game. On his way to his seat, he kicked a water bottle pretty hard and then sat down. At the time, I thought he was sure to get another T and be gone for the game. Not surprised to see the fine.
daddywags

Unread postby pup » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:16 pm

Actually talked to someone that was in row 2 behind the Cavs bench and he thought it was real bad.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:21 pm

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:34 am

Fined $25K.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:02 am

LBJ is one of the biggest whiners in the league, period. He is repeatedly pummeled during contests but his ability to whine and cry has been beneficial, especially at the defensive end where he isn't being called for much and his avg. fouls per game is at or near an all-time low. All the stars complain and he's no exception, been doing it since SVSM days. I was hoping he would shake hands with the people it was kicked toward. :hide:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:16 am

Was funny watching the woman that got splashed in the face wipe it off and grin a little bit, as if to say, "Oh well, comes with these seats"

Makes a great story for friends. Similar to one of the people who got made into a Shaq pancake later in that game when he decided to go crowd surfing.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:19 pm

"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:37 pm

fundamentals wrote:LBJ is one of the biggest whiners in the league, period. He is repeatedly pummeled during contests but his ability to whine and cry has been beneficial, especially at the defensive end where he isn't being called for much and his avg. fouls per game is at or near an all-time low. All the stars complain and he's no exception, been doing it since SVSM days. I was hoping he would shake hands with the people it was kicked toward. :hide:

I think this is right on. Numerous times when LB seems to not be getting fouls, he'll go down with one of his horrbly, but only temporarily, twisted ankles, but then will get some calls he hadn't been getting. It's scary, and then funny, but the refs seem to understand he's dramatizing what really could happen if they don't protect him a little more.

OTOH, the water bottle thing seemed a little ugly toward the fans, and I was actually glad they slapped his wrists with a fine.
Frank Duffy

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:54 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Was funny watching the woman that got splashed in the face wipe it off and grin a little bit, as if to say, "Oh well, comes with these seats"

Makes a great story for friends. Similar to one of the people who got made into a Shaq pancake later in that game when he decided to go crowd surfing.

Would have made a great story if someone had gotten hurt from the bottle. Or if it hit somebody's kid.

Before you laugh and say "like something could get hurt from a water bottle..." stranger things have happened.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA