Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Sixers pitching Iggy to Ferry

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Sixers pitching Iggy to Ferry

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:30 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Papa Cass wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Agree with Windy there will be an adjustment period. Iggy is not a player that will just sit on the three point line watching LeBron. He has the game we thought we were getting with Laura. Will the Cavaliers adjust to fit his slashing style, or does his game become a Lite version as he is forced to adjust more to our style.

The latter. LeIso is so thoroughly ingrained into LeBron at this point, I'm pretty well convinced that the only type of player that could kill it is a veteran and/or all-star caliber PG. Jason Kidd could probably take the ball and dictate the offense to LeBron. CP3 could probably do it. But Andre Iguodala is not going to cause LBJ to adjust his approach to offense. And the coaching staff, for all their begging, pleading and cajoling, won't be able to either.

Damn, someone finally buys into my theory!

And yeah, there is a very good chance LBJ would hurt Iggy's game the same way he has hurt Mo's.

Add me nest to Cass' name. I think to some extent Hughes never fit in here due to the LeIso effect. I think Iggy would have a better time of it because he doesn't seem to be as aloof as Laura. Again would be intriguing, but he will be a Lite version of what he is now if he comes here, which would make him a Lite Lite LeBron...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:45 pm

To be fair Iggy has played well w/ AI (although AI was sent out to let Iggy blossom) and Laura is, well an inconsistent prick that fills up the stat sheet sometimes for bad teams.

Played great D though.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:00 pm

How does Iggy defend against Kobe, Pierce, Joe Johnson over the years?

I don't think the deal can or will get done but if that question shows resounding success then I think you can make a major case for making a move. It would alter our roster but I think bringing in Iggy means you bring in a 2 but ultimately it could affect your stretch 4 position because it would make all themore sense to throw Lebron in there at that spot.

Mo
Delonte
Iggy
Bron
Andy

That would make for an interesting up-tempo lineup that could really pose a team like Boston trouble in them trying to score the basketball.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:26 pm

Fuck Amare, I'm dropping this in the Iggy thread:

chadfordinsider: Suns offered Amare for Iggy and Dalembert - explains why Amare started talking about not opting out
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hoover » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:34 pm

According to Windhorst, Jamison is Ferry's real target. He's in daily talks with Washington, but doesn't trust them to allow Z to sit for a month so we can get him back. Ferry is trying to find a way to do a 3-way deal. But that's a difficult assignment. He'd like to get a deal done before the AS break so Jamison would have plenty of practice time with the Cavs.
Hoover

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Hoover wrote:According to Windhorst, Jamison is Ferry's real target. He's in daily talks with Washington, but doesn't trust them to allow Z to sit for a month so we can get him back. Ferry is trying to find a way to do a 3-way deal. But that's a difficult assignment. He'd like to get a deal done before the AS break so Jamison would have plenty of practice time with the Cavs.

If the asking price for Iggy is Amare and for Amare is Iggy we aren't even i the ball park of what others can offer. And Ford said the Sixers are still shopping a bit to see if they can get a better deal. So yeah, these guys aren't coming at $.25 on the $1

Ferry should be focusing on Jamo and Murphy.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Amar'e just posturing about picking up the option for next year, or is he serious?
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Amar'e just posturing about picking up the option for next year, or is he serious?

The thinking is that he only just started doing that because he doesn't want to go to Philly. Philly wants to cut cap and if Amar'e was traded and exercised his option, it would ruin their entire plan of cutting salary for next season.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby papacass » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:54 pm

FWIW, on WTAM Cavs pregame yesterday, Ferry said he'd be "mildly surprised" if they make a deal. Sounds like there has been a lot of talking going on, but not a lot of movement. And with the win streak, Shaq and J.J. stepping up, and Delonte, Powe and Mo due back in that order, Ferry might not feel like a move is absolutely necessary.

If he can't make a Jamo or Murphy trade work, it sounds like he's not going to make a move just to make one.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA