Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs talking with Phoenix about Amare?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavs talking with Phoenix about Amare?

Unread postby papacass » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Why Chad Ford is a retard, as written by him:

Given that the Cavs have concerns about well Stoudemire and Shaquille O’Neal would fit together, the team would consider moving Shaq if it acquired Amare. For instance, the Cavs could swap O’Neal and their first-round pick to Washington for Jamison and Mike Miller. They could send the same package to Indiana in a deal for Murphy and Mike Dunleavy.

Jesus. That is about as it gets.

Chad Ford is ESPN's basketball version of MKJ. He's a draftnik. As far as trades and free agency and the general day to day operations of NBA teams, he's not very perceptive.

The Shaq trade thing probably came out of this thought process: "Shaq and Amare didn't play well together in Phoenix, so if the Cavs get Amare, it would follow that they'd probably want to trade Shaq. I should write something about that."

Sam Smith thinks along the same lines, just with more soul-rotting anger and bitterness.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Hell, even I'm far from a hardcore NBA fan as possible, and I know that Chad Ford is simply not to be taken seriously.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:06 pm

From one of the Fan House guys:

@BrettEP: Suns owner Robert Sarver is on my flight back to Phoenix...flying coach
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm in the "this year is all that matters" camp. If they trade for Murphy and win, that shows the dump expirings for pieces model works, and they can continue doing it for a while. Problem is, I'm not sure Murphy is more valuable for this team than JJ right now. Can Murphy really make that 16 footer consistently against playoff defense better than JJ can make slashing dunks and layups? I don't believe it, and I also don't see Murphy's D or rebounding as significantly better. And, a lot of JJ's slashing hoops are actually skillful or athletic, and I'm not certain Jamo can make all of them either.

This team just scored 60 and gave up 60 in a half vs. Orl. I don't give up JJ for Murphy, and I know it's against the grain but I'm not sure I do for Jamo either (unless LB orders it.)
Frank Duffy

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:That's all that matters.

Epic fail bad take.

Bron staying is all that matters.

If not this year, next. Ne's winning titles.

I would worry, but Angel fan has the inside dope.

The whole point I'm making is in regard to 'Bron staying and winning titles. If he leaves there are none. But you already know that and just decided to stir the pot with a snippet. Kinda like me doing this to your post:

JB wrote:
Epic take.

Thank you. ;-) ;) :wink:

Stupid wicked take. I served you like John MacEnroe. Let it go.

We want titles, but you have to have a franchise to have titles. No Bron, no Cavs.

It is NOT all about this season, dork.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:17 pm

JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:

Epic fail bad take.

The whole point I'm making is in regard to 'Bron staying and winning titles. If he leaves there are none. But you already know that and just decided to stir the pot with a snippet. Kinda like me doing this to your post:

JB wrote:
Epic take.

We want titles, but you have to have a franchise to have titles. No Bron, no Cavs.

No.

We're saying the same thing.

Semantics.

I'm saying that winning this year when it might take just a smaller improvement than what you have now ensures the guy stays (and I already think it's 90% that he stays anyway).
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:24 pm

JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:

Epic fail bad take.

JB wrote:
Epic take.

Did you mean Wicked stupid take?
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:27 pm

JCoz wrote:
JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:

Epic fail bad take.

JB wrote:
Epic take.

Ask eyeyoh. He's a wannabe Chowd. he'd know.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:28 pm

JB wrote:
JCoz wrote:
JB wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
JB wrote:

Epic fail bad take.

JB wrote:
Epic take.

Ask eyeyoh. He's a wannabe Chowd. he'd know.

He'll be too bent about all these quote boxes to respond. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:37 pm

Peeker643 wrote:He'll be too bent about all these quote boxes to respond. ;-) ;) :wink:

Can you please add one more quote box to the string with 100 pancake bunnies? That should finish him off.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Broussard says don't expect the deal to get done today.
jb

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:15 pm

JB wrote:Broussard says don't expect the deal to get done today.

Someone tell these assholes I need to get some work done this week and stop with the delay.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Why Chad Ford is a retard, as written by him:

Given that the Cavs have concerns about well Stoudemire and Shaquille O’Neal would fit together, the team would consider moving Shaq if it acquired Amare. For instance, the Cavs could swap O’Neal and their first-round pick to Washington for Jamison and Mike Miller. They could send the same package to Indiana in a deal for Murphy and Mike Dunleavy.

Jesus. That is about as it gets.

I heard about this first on KNR this morning. Ford's thoughts on this are so bad I cannot even mention but the fact that no one can feasibly call him on this in the public is what is the most problematic. It is an asinine take and position from a guy that is paid a salary not to suck this bad.

Stick to blowing Darko, Chad.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Amico comes through again http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_ ... blgId=5716 (literally: http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_ ... blgId=4258)

2010 wrote:I don't want the Cleveland Cavaliers to trade for Amare Stoudemire.

I don't want the Cavs to trade for Antwan Jamison or Troy Murphy, either.

2009 wrote:I love Steve Kerr. I love the Phoenix Suns. I love Amare Stoudemire. I love Danny Ferry, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the players who Ferry reportedly offered to the Suns for Stoudemire.

Now that we've gotten all that cleared up, I have just one thing to say: DON'T DO IT!

Don't trade Stoudemire if you're the Suns. Don't deal Wally Szczerbiak, J.J. Hickson, Anderson Varejao, Moondog the mascot, or whoever else you're supposedly shipping to Phoenix for Stoudemire if you're the Cavs.

2010 wrote:As for the Suns ... well, I don't get it. I look at the Lakers and think that Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum sure have been injured a lot lately. I look at Denver and think the same thing about Carmelo Anthony, and how it's too early to even be certain the Nuggets are a Western Conference power.

Yet no one expected the Suns to be nine games above .500 at this point. No one expected them to be able to dare to dream about becoming a playoff darkhorse.

But if the Suns trade Stoudemire, those dreams will come to an end.

I know, I know. Stoudemire can opt out of his contract this summer and the Suns could lose him for nothing. And since the trading deadline is Thursday, they need to deal him now to avoid that risk.

2009 wrote:Let's start with the Suns.

If you really want to gut the team, why start with the youngest, most athletic part of your nucleus? If you want to rebuild, save money, and so on and so on, why START with Stoudemire? He's the guy around whom you should build. If you want to start over, why not start by unloading Steve Nash or Shaquille O'Neal or Grant Hill -- or all three of them? Nash, Shaq and Hill are all swell fellas, but they're also in their mid-30s (which is the equivalent of being in your mid-70s in NBA years). I mean, wouldn't you rather have Stoudemire in 2012 than those three combined?

2010 wrote:I know I wouldn't think a team that's won 13 straight games and has the best record in the league needs an overhaul -- which is what the Cavs would get if they traded for Stoudemire.

If Stoudemire came to Cleveland, he would be re-joining Shaquille O'Neal. Last year, they played together in Phoenix, and the Suns were 28-18 when they were both in the lineup. Not bad, but it's not 43-11, either. And 43-11 is what the Cavs are today.

2009 wrote:Unlike the Suns, they are soaring. They're 40-11 and their coach, Mike Brown, is leading the Eastern Conference All-Stars. As of today, the Cavs are one of the league's three best teams, a team that could be on its way to bringing Cleveland its first championship in something like 418 years. Not really, but it sure seems like it.

So why would Ferry want to mess with success?

OK, maybe he thinks the current group STILL isn't good enough to win a title. And maybe it's not. Maybe he's worried about the Cavs' 1-4 record against the L.A. Lakers, Boston and Orlando this season. Maybe he thinks Stoudemire would put this year's Cavs over the top -- that Stoudemire's size, athleticism and low-post scoring is the only thing the Cavs are lacking. Maybe so
aoxo1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:56 pm

I don't comment on Amico on the boards.

That is all I have to say about that.

Feh.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:20 pm

aoxo1 wrote:Amico comes through again http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_ ... blgId=5716 (literally: http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_ ... blgId=4258)

If Stoudemire came to Cleveland, he would be re-joining Shaquille O'Neal. Last year, they played together in Phoenix, and the Suns were 28-18 when they were both in the lineup. Not bad, but it's not 43-11, either. And 43-11 is what the Cavs are today.

This take is so incredibly bad. I mean, I totally forgot Lebron played for Mike Brown's Suns last year.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby ajunior148 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:40 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I don't comment on Amico on the boards.

That is all I have to say about that.

Feh.

Yep. There is a lot he ignores in that piece.
ajunior148

Unread postby papacass » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Just in general, I wish people would get off the whole idea of "Shaq and Amare didn't work in Phoenix last year, and LeBron is approximately Steve Nash, so this is an apples to apples comparison: Amare won't work in Cleveland."

First off, just because LeBron is a great passer like Nash doesn't make him any-freaking-thing close to Nash in terms of comparing the Suns last year to the Cavs this year. Nash is like Mo Williams with a better handle. He is not a first-option scorer. He's a facilitator, but he's not the king of the team. LBJ is the king of his team. He takes the ball, takes the big shots, and everyone gets in line behind him. if you get the ball, it's because LBJ wanted you to get the ball, no other reason. This is not open for debate among teammates. Shaq was smart enough to realize that as soon as Steve Kerr called him and said "You're going to Cleveland, Big Guy."

Second, Shaq of last year is nothing like Shaq of this year. Last year, Shaq was demanding his requisite touches. Shaq last year would have been throwing a hissy fit at 21 MPG. Shaq ground the Suns' offense to a halt and was like nails on chalkboard to the game that Nash and Amare want to play (before Amare went down with his eye injury). This year, Shaq realizes that he is on a team with the best player in the game, and if he wants that fifth "Kobe tell me how my ass tastes" ring, he'd dang well better fit his role.

Shaq is not going to fight Amare for frontcourt supremacy, because he knows LeBron won't stand for it. And there is reason to believe that, unlike in Phoenix, the Cavs might be on to something with this whole low-post offense thing, to the point that when Bron isn't initating up top or Mo/Redz isn't scooting around the elbow on curl-and-pop, that ball is going to Shaq for about 30 percent of the remaining called plays and Amare for about 70 percent. In addition, Shaq is used above the free-throw line on a fairly regular basis as a screen-setter and some form of an initiator, so it's not like he lives solely within five feet of the basket.

It's a long-winded way of saying that last year in Phoenix is not a spot-on comparison of what would happen if Amare joins the Cavs.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:12 pm

Papa Cass wrote:Just in general, I wish people would get off the whole idea of "Shaq and Amare didn't work in Phoenix last year, and LeBron is approximately Steve Nash, so this is an apples to apples comparison: Amare won't work in Cleveland."

First off, just because LeBron is a great passer like Nash doesn't make him any-freaking-thing close to Nash in terms of comparing the Suns last year to the Cavs this year. Nash is like Mo Williams with a better handle. He is not a first-option scorer. He's a facilitator, but he's not the king of the team. LBJ is the king of his team. He takes the ball, takes the big shots, and everyone gets in line behind him. if you get the ball, it's because LBJ wanted you to get the ball, no other reason. This is not open for debate among teammates. Shaq was smart enough to realize that as soon as Steve Kerr called him and said "You're going to Cleveland, Big Guy."

Second, Shaq of last year is nothing like Shaq of this year. Last year, Shaq was demanding his requisite touches. Shaq last year would have been throwing a hissy fit at 21 MPG. Shaq ground the Suns' offense to a halt and was like nails on chalkboard to the game that Nash and Amare want to play (before Amare went down with his eye injury). This year, Shaq realizes that he is on a team with the best player in the game, and if he wants that fifth "Kobe tell me how my ass tastes" ring, he'd dang well better fit his role.

Shaq is not going to fight Amare for frontcourt supremacy, because he knows LeBron won't stand for it. And there is reason to believe that, unlike in Phoenix, the Cavs might be on to something with this whole low-post offense thing, to the point that when Bron isn't initating up top or Mo/Redz isn't scooting around the elbow on curl-and-pop, that ball is going to Shaq for about 30 percent of the remaining called plays and Amare for about 70 percent. In addition, Shaq is used above the free-throw line on a fairly regular basis as a screen-setter and some form of an initiator, so it's not like he lives solely within five feet of the basket.

It's a long-winded way of saying that last year in Phoenix is not a spot-on comparison of what would happen if Amare joins the Cavs.

i agree and let me just add that a lot of why the suns didn't 'seem to work' last year is because they were nowhere near as good a team from top to bottom as cleveland because the cavs have james. when you're not winning as many games of course it doesn't 'seem to work'. but the suns were an efficient offense last season statistically.

i want amare in place of hickson. period. let me see stan van jeremy ignore amare so he can double team shaq and james. stat will have little pieces of orlando magic players stuck in the bottom of his sneaks. and kevin garnett is peeing his pants thinking about going against not only mount lebron but shaq and stat too? lol. the celtics have no chance against that. and neither does orlando. and LA better buy a lot of dvd's of last years championship because they won't be seeing another one for a while...
"Meh. Calling me names on the internet is really no big deal, happens all the time." - e0y2e3
Ea$t $ide

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Paul Pierce

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:46 pm

anyone read the most recent most by W&G?

If already posted, then I'll delete..

Hey guys .. anything exciting going on today ?

Thought I'd drop in for a few comments.

Jamison front looks like it might have a chance of heating back up with some movement in their camp.

Amare Watch is still on, granted. But, it won't be on the front burner with us all the way to the deadline. Something has to start to shake out or we'll tirn our attention quickly back to Washington.

We'd like some feeling on Amare's part that he's more than a rental ..we'd like to know he's ours ...don't know if that's a realistic expectation, or would happen quickly or not. Don't see him happy in Philly ...

But, if things don't move forward with Phoenix ..who we are talking to now actually ...don't be surprised if Washington gets back on the front burner and we look to bring in more than just Jamison ...and possibly look to add Mike Miller to the deal as well..

But, as it stands the last I checked ..we are trying to make the aspects of the Phoenix deal work longterm for us, and if that can't be achieved, we move off of that and head to Washington as a means to rectify two areas of wekness we see on our team right now.. SG and stretch PF.

More info sure to come ...
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby hugerobot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:19 pm

i'd be pretty happy with miller and jamison
hugerobot

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: Derek Anderson

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Papa Cass wrote:Just in general, I wish people would get off the whole idea of "Shaq and Amare didn't work in Phoenix last year, and LeBron is approximately Steve Nash, so this is an apples to apples comparison: Amare won't work in Cleveland."

Perfectly stated, Cass. Well done.

Refreshing to actually be able to come somewhere and read a logical and accurate take. This forum is one of those few outlets...
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:59 pm

The reason that Amar'e and Antawn make me horny in a way that Murphy doesn't is the pick and roll that they can run with Lebron or Mo. They can both consistently hit that jumper that everyone has tagged as the weak link in JJ's game, and absolutely punish any team who doubles Shaq, doubles Lebron, or sags into the paint by elevating over/through to the hoop. Forget anything else, Le-iso off an Amar'e/Jamison screen dramatically changes the offense....in an amazing way. There is no big on the roster capable of killing you over the top or underneath that pick.

Saw on Around the Horn (yes, I know the show sucks) both of the finalists arguing that Stoudamire wouldn't work on the Cavs because he doesn't play defense and he didn't work with Shaq. I can't express how moronic that take is, given the raw data (Suns killed in the half-court with the two of them, regardless of record.....it just didn't match the style of play) and that seriously, defense is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT effort combined with working within a system. If Amar'e wants to play defense, he would have zero problem fitting into any defensively minded system. (Shuffle the feet, force opponent to help, defend with your legs and and not your hands)

Unlike last year, there would be some pangs of regret if the Cavs didn't make a deal.....but they would be minor, this year. I'm happy with whatever TBO decides is best for the team.

Hindsight will definitely be 20/20 if it isn't enough, but there isn't a single person alive who knows definitively what's best for this team THIS YEAR balanced against the next two.

Been gone all weekend as a man-servant of pleasure, glad to see the collective take of the intelligent C-town fans and see what the take on this is.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby just another fool » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:06 pm

the whole "no defense" angle everyone is saying is a headscratcher. what kind of defense does JJ bring that these people are thinking stat can't match?
just another fool

Favorite Player: tyrone hill
Least Favorite Player: tyrone hill

Unread postby OSU819903 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:15 pm

FWIW, Frantz on WTAM STAT has said that he DOESN'T want to come to Cleveland and he has informed his folks of this to discourage the Cavs. apparently it is b/c of Shaq and also leaked that he would want 3 yrs 60 million to resign with us.

Windy is saying this is false.
"Forever, tomorrow and a day"
OSU819903

Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Chad, the Altel Guy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:17 pm

W/ in minutes of each other on said reports:

Windy:

PDcavsinsider: Contrary to reports, sources say Amar'e Stoudemire has not told Cavs he doesn't want to play in Cleveland.

Woj:

WojYahooNBA: Source close to Stoudemire says he's completely open to Cleveland, loves idea of playing with LBJ and has never indicated otherwise to Cavs.

WojYahooNBA: Source also disputes notion that Stoudemire has any issues with Shaq. So far, Cavs and Stoudemire's reps have had no contact, no dialogue.

WojYahooNBA: Would Stoudemire prefer trade to Miami? Yes, but has no say and understands he has a chance for title run in Cleveland and then free agency.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hugerobot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:22 pm

it was finnan who reported that stoudemire doesn't want to play in cleveland.

finnan is a hack
hugerobot

Unread postby hugerobot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:26 pm

and from the man himself: amareisreal: I play very well with Shaq. I adverage more pts last year WITH him an played better D.You guys can stop saying we don't play well together.
hugerobot

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Guys, I don't care what you say, the Suns were turrible with Shaq and Amare in the lineup. THAT IS CONVENTIONAL WISDOM AND A FACT.

I mean, they were 28-18 with both of them last year, which is only a 0.608 winning percentage. Compare that to their currently awesome season sans Shaq, during which they are winning at a blistering 0.585 pace.
aoxo1

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:35 pm

We sure that is legitimate? I'm shocked an NBA player can't spell, "Average" ....wtf.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:37 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:We sure that is legitimate? I'm shocked an NBA player can't spell, "Average" ....wtf.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic.

Please.

Have you ever looked at a pro athlete's twitter feed?

I refuse to follow all of them because I lose brain cells by the second.

And yeah, it is a verified account:

http://twitter.com/amareisreal
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hugerobot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:37 pm

you're shocked an nba player can't spell average? what league have you been watching
hugerobot

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Or, you know, it could just be a typo. Considering the rest of his feed, I'd go with that.
aoxo1

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:39 pm

aoxo1 wrote:Or, you know, it could just be a typo.

Come on, that is against conventional wisdom ;-) ;) :wink:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:41 pm

aoxo1 wrote:Or, you know, it could just be a typo. Considering the rest of his feed, I'd go with that.

No doubt, like this gem right below:

Hanging out with the my hommie. Watching Common proforming.

I am the king of typos, don't get me wrong. But the standard pro athlete feed is beyond bad. Shit makes JB look like Twain.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hugerobot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Sportstalk Cleveland RT @Greg_Kozarik: Sources say Cavs can get A. Jamison for same package as Stoudemire and the Wizards are now willing to trade him to Cavs.

decisions, decisions
hugerobot

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:43 pm

hugerobot wrote:Sportstalk Cleveland RT @Greg_Kozarik: Sources say Cavs can get A. Jamison for same package as Stoudemire and the Wizards are now willing to trade him to Cavs.

decisions, decisions

Don't fuck this up Danny.
aoxo1

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:43 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:Or, you know, it could just be a typo. Considering the rest of his feed, I'd go with that.

No doubt, like this gem right below:

Hanging out with the my hommie. Watching Common proforming.

I am the king of typos, don't get me wrong. But the standard pro athlete feed is beyond bad. Shit makes JB look like Twain.

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have added that last bit.
aoxo1

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:46 pm

hugerobot wrote:Sportstalk Cleveland RT @Greg_Kozarik: Sources say Cavs can get A. Jamison for same package as Stoudemire and the Wizards are now willing to trade him to Cavs.

decisions, decisions

Dont forget we could get Troy Murphy for the same deal :lmfao: Popular package.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby hugerobot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:46 pm

if cleveland is in fact phoenix's best offer, this should put the pressure on them tremendously
hugerobot

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Ziner wrote:

decisions, decisions

Wally Sz ought to be enough for Troy Fucking Murphy.
aoxo1

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:49 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Ziner wrote:

decisions, decisions

Exactly. No JJ for Murphy, but we dont need to re-hash this.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Wait, are we going to jump to accepting a Sports Talk Cleveland rumor as truth?

I mean I would have assumed the Wizards would have taken this deal all along and that we were not going to trade JJ for a 34 year old paid a ton of money on a team that has absolutely no use for that player.

Big wild card in all of this is that the Wiz are only 2.5MM above the luxury tax now, if they get below they get a lot less benefit from moving Jamo now.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Ziner wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
Ziner wrote:

decisions, decisions

I'm saying: do both.
aoxo1

Unread postby hugerobot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:51 pm

Ziner wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
Ziner wrote:

decisions, decisions

exactly. this isn't RCF.
hugerobot

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:52 pm

Easy on the gawd damned mfing quote boxes cock suckers.

Geezes.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:53 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Ziner wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
Ziner wrote:

decisions, decisions

zero problem with that if Gilbert wants to open up the pocketbook, however at some point even he is going to reach his max. If nothing else it gives us another solid expiring next year.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:54 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Gradysmanldy wrote:We sure that is legitimate? I'm shocked an NBA player can't spell, "Average" ....wtf.

Please tell me you are being sarcastic.

Please.

Have you ever looked at a pro athlete's twitter feed?

I refuse to follow all of them because I lose brain cells by the second.

And yeah, it is a verified account:

http://twitter.com/amareisreal

Yes, i'm being sarcastic. The rest of the fead is no better....nor do I really give a shet if he gets 20/10.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Ziner wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
Ziner wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
Ziner wrote:

decisions, decisions

zero problem with that if Gilbert wants to open up the pocketbook, however at some point even he is going to reach his max. If nothing else it gives us another solid expiring next year.

Does this make your head explode e0y?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Zé Apelido » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:04 pm

The lone NBA player I have ever had a conversation with happened to be on the Suns for parts of a few seasons. He said at some point everyone in the locker room was discussing the 2004 election, who they were gonna vote for (John Kerry or George Bush), etc... and Amare said something like "man I don't know what you all are talking about....I'm voting for Kerry Edwards" (said as it was one person)
Zé Apelido

Favorite Player: Manute Bol
Least Favorite Player: Romanowski

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA