Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

The Cavs offense

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

The Cavs offense

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:36 pm

Can someone tell me what the hell the identity of the Cavs offense is supposed to be. We're months into the season, and maybe I'm the idiot, but I can't figure it out. Take the Dallas game as an example (and , no, I don't blame them for losing to Dallas) because it's fresh in my mind. They go down to Z 4 times in the first six trips down the floor. They get 1. A kick-out to a wide open Pavlovic for three to open the game 2. A baby hook Z makes. 3. A miss by Z 4. A baseline dunk by Z. Now, if one were to turn off the game right there they might assume that this would continue, if for no other reason then the high success rate. If you look at the box score of that game Z finishes 4-8. FOUR of EIGHT. What the hell happened? And I know Z lost minutes because they thought it would be best someone else should guard Dirk, but how bout making them guard him while he's in there. The "Lebron is hot" offense seems to be their only efficient one. And, if he has only a decent game, like tonight, it's really hard for them to beat a good team.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:42 pm

I have been asking the same question for a long time.

viewtopic.php?t=345

why is it that when we have something that seems to be working, Hughes at the point, they still seem to get away from it.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby disappointmentzone » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:17 am

The Cavs desperately need to hire a competent offensive assistant coach this summer. The offensive is not an offense so much as a scrambled collective of individuals with varying abilities to score working alone or occasionally in tandem but never as a unit.

In case you are interested, I diagrammed the entire playbook in late December. The results can be found here: http://disappointmentzone.wordpress.com/2006/12/22/ive-figured-it-out/.
disappointmentzone

Unread postby furls » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:16 am

hahahaha, that was fucking awesome (only because it is 100% true).
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby disappointmentzone » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:28 pm

Thanks. I do what I can.
disappointmentzone

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA