Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Say it ain't Mo.

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Say it ain't Mo.

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:24 pm

Mo's out 4-6 weeks according to ESPN. Crap.

Where did Coby Karl go?
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Say it ain't Mo.

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:52 pm

bookelly wrote:Mo's out 4-6 weeks according to ESPN. Crap.

Where did Coby Karl go?

Meh

think of it as some rest time for Mo

he'll be back strong and ready to tear it up in the postseason to make up for his flat efforts last season

we can just about cope without Mo (although 4-6 weeks is longer than I'd like) thanks to a boy called West and the Boobie
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Chris Perez

Unread postby jordan kramer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:06 pm

it will hurt us against the lake show, but this will hopefully get Delonte into a groove heading towards the post season
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:12 pm

This hurts my feelings.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Man..... I hope he'll be back in time to not show up when we need him in the playoffs.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:43 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:
bookelly wrote:Mo's out 4-6 weeks according to ESPN. Crap.

Where did Coby Karl go?

Meh

think of it as some rest time for Mo

he'll be back strong and ready to tear it up in the postseason to make up for his flat efforts last season

we can just about cope without Mo (although 4-6 weeks is longer than I'd like) thanks to a boy called West and the Boobie

I posted something about this in another thread, but when will West face the court system and the NBA commish for his gunslinging? Cavaliers may have to cope without him for a period of time too. I like D West. I do not like Gibson. That is all, sorry.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby papacass » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:03 am

fundamentals wrote:I posted something about this in another thread, but when will West face the court system and the NBA commish for his gunslinging? Cavaliers may have to cope without him for a period of time too. I like D West. I do not like Gibson. That is all, sorry.

If Mo is back within six weeks, there is virtually no chance of Mo's injury overlapping a Delonte suspension.

Unless Delonte for some reason takes a plea deal in the near future, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to believe that any suspension he serves will occur this season. Because of his emotional issues, it's almost like the NBA is taking a kid-glove approach to Delonte's situation as much as the Cavs are.

If this goes to trial, and I think it will, the trial probably won't even happen until the summer. Since he's a first-time felony offender, I don't think the judge will throw the book at him sentence wise. Maybe a reduced/suspended jail sentence, community service and mandatory continuation of counseling.

Fans have been getting all bent out of shape over the Maryland prosecutor, who vowed to come down hard on Delonte. But that's what prosecutors are supposed to do -- get defendants convicted. Bottom line is, the prosecutor doesn't convict and he doesn't sentence. And Delonte is a millionaire pro athlete with the greenbacks to hire some pretty darn good legal representation.

Pushing back court dates is the norm in the legal system. The judge has a schedule conflict, one side or the other wants to admit new evidence, everything on the docket needs to get pushed back a week for something else. November becomes January becomes April becomes July really quickly. So now that we're past the halfway mark of the regular season, it would be a pretty amazing feat of acceleration to get Delonte's case to the point where we're talking about sentencing and league suspensions by even June.

Delonte will get some kind of suspension out of this, in the 5-7 game range. And it will probably happen early next season, maybe at the outset. I highly doubt he'll miss any games for a suspension this season, and something crazy plum loco would need to happen for him to start serving a suspension between now and early March.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby fivekmd » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:09 am

Lucky for Mo and the Cavs that one of the 4-6 weeks will be the All Star week. Cavs play 2/11 and then not again until 2/18 so that is definitely a big break. It's kind of like getting the 2 minute warning as an extra timeout in football.

As long as the injury heals and he doesn't need season ending surgery after the 4-6 weeks, I think the Cavs will be just fine.
fivekmd

Location: Body: Pittsburgh, PA; Heart and Soul: Cleveland, OH
Favorite Player: Brian Brennan
Least Favorite Player: Carlos Boozer

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Was Mo gonna get into the All Star game again if not for the injury?
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby khetti » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Papa Cass wrote:Since he's a first-time felony offender, I don't think the judge will throw the book at him sentence wise.

I was under the impression that there were no felony charges, only misdemeanors? Either way, I think you are correct, any trial will likely be delayed until summer.
khetti

Favorite Player: Kip
Least Favorite Player: Big Ben's Fat Face

Unread postby papacass » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:18 pm

khetti wrote:
Papa Cass wrote:Since he's a first-time felony offender, I don't think the judge will throw the book at him sentence wise.

I was under the impression that there were no felony charges, only misdemeanors? Either way, I think you are correct, any trial will likely be delayed until summer.

He was indicted by a grand jury. He's facing felonies. What degree, I'm not sure.
papacass

Unread postby papacass » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:24 pm

fivekmd wrote:Lucky for Mo and the Cavs that one of the 4-6 weeks will be the All Star week. Cavs play 2/11 and then not again until 2/18 so that is definitely a big break. It's kind of like getting the 2 minute warning as an extra timeout in football.

As long as the injury heals and he doesn't need season ending surgery after the 4-6 weeks, I think the Cavs will be just fine.

The other thing to remember is that Mo might not be 100 percent for the rest of the season. We saw it with Delonte and Ben last year. They came back, but weren't nearly as effective. Delonte's shot was wrecked, and Ben basically became a statue.

There can be a rather large difference between being healthy enough to play and being at 100 percent. I'm not saying that Mo is doomed to play with one arm for the rest of the year, but his ability to drive left, use his off arm and defend on that side might be lessened.

Unfortunately, a summer's worth of rest is about the only thing that can completely cure a significant injury.
papacass

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA