Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs - Lake Show II

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Cavs - Lake Show II

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:49 am

Last edited by e0y2e3 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Cavs - Lake Show II

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 am

The Cavs will win.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby papacass » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:59 am

Forum blue and gold makes Bron and Shaq see red. They'll be ready.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby CharacterIV » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:01 am

Angry Shaq is a good thing. Losing this game would take a lot of luster off of the Christmas Day Foam Finger Massacre. You stomp a team on their court, you better be ready to stop them from doing the same to you. Kobe's been severely limited production-wise lately, a bad few games capped with a 4-19 for 11 points against Orlando the other night, so that'll help. Still, the Lakers won that Orlando game. Not having Moon available is a factor. Hopefully Jawad can do something good with the minutes he's inherited.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

Unread postby SDM » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:12 am

The Great Lake Show - Lakers
SDM

Favorite Player: Delonte West
Least Favorite Player: Bruce Lee Bowen

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:55 am

Cavs bounced them in LA

Of course that means nothing now

but still

I like that memory
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 am

CharacterIV wrote:Angry Shaq is a good thing. Losing this game would take a lot of luster off of the Christmas Day Foam Finger Massacre. You stomp a team on their court, you better be ready to stop them from doing the same to you. Kobe's been severely limited production-wise lately, a bad few games capped with a 4-19 for 11 points against Orlando the other night, so that'll help. Still, the Lakers won that Orlando game. Not having Moon available is a factor. Hopefully Jawad can do something good with the minutes he's inherited.

A sore Kobe, with some lower back issues, would look really good planted under a hoop and a couple rows deep by Shaq.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:37 am

Peeker643 wrote:A sore Kobe, with some lower back issues, would look really good planted under a hoop and a couple rows deep by Shaq.

A good possibility as Shaq was stating last night in the post game interview when asked about his giving hard fouls when opponents drive to the hoop. Now that he has the 2nd best C in the East in Z(his words not mine), he doesn't have to save fouls like he had to in the past. He said there will be no more easy dunks or layups. Now will philosphy still play out tomorrow when Brown throws out the Twin Towers together and they both start chalking up fouls? It'll be interesting to see.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:A sore Kobe, with some lower back issues, would look really good planted under a hoop and a couple rows deep by Shaq.

A good possibility as Shaq was stating last night in the post game interview when asked about his giving hard fouls when opponents drive to the hoop. Now that he has the 2nd best C in the East in Z(his words not mine), he doesn't have to save fouls like he had to in the past. He said there will be no more easy dunks or layups. Now will philosphy still play out tomorrow when Brown throws out the Twin Towers together and they both start chalking up fouls? It'll be interesting to see.

Considering I was all coozed up on gin and egg nog during that Xmas day matchup, I can't remember if Brown put the Two Towers out there for extended minutes. Did this happen? I think the big questions are does Mo have another big game against the corpse of Derek Fisher and how much does our bench contribute. AV and Jamario had pretty good games IIRC as both got a lot of looks/points in the paint from some good off the ball movement.

Regardless, I'm excited to see if the Cavs come out with the same energy level as the Lake-Show who should be fired up for the Xmas day massacre. With these matchups, I'm with Hnat - where Mo goes so goes the Cavs. If he's not over his West Coast slump (he had a decent game last night but it was against the defensive ghost of Jose Calderon), it could be a long night. Kobe is due for a good game, but he hasn't gone over 30 against the Cavs in a few years. Calling my shot - 104-96 Cavs baby!
:woot:
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:01 pm

They did use the twin towers a decent amount. I was surprised how effective it was.

"Cavs - Lake Show I" was one of my favorite Cavs moments. I think they grew up in that game and didn't take any crap. Maybe Shaq helps the team in that regard. It would be great to have the Cavs repeat that performance to introduce a little doubt into the feeble west coast hollywood softy minds.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby CharacterIV » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:22 pm

OldDawg wrote:They did use the twin towers a decent amount. I was surprised how effective it was.

Ditto. I recall a sense of impending dread when they trotted out Z and Shaq together, which lightenend somewhat when it became evident that the Lakers, so used to just being taller up front than their foes, didn't know what to do when presented with twin tall, solid roadblocks. Here's hoping it works again, and if it doesn't, here's hoping Brown sees that and doesn't stick with it throughout the game.

Side note: love the respect Shaq has for Z, with all the "together, we're the best C in the league" and "he's not my backup, he's my partner" talk.
CharacterIV

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:29 pm

I just wanna see the same attitude/edge/swagger the Cavalier had in L.A. Also once we know we have them, and they can't do anything about it, I want to see the Lakers get cheap and us to respond just like L.A. Basically swatting the fly...

I have the feeling Anderson will have an epic game tomorrow...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Brendan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:23 pm

I see LBJ and Mo combining for 50+. Our bench will also go deeper and play better than theirs. Can't wait for this one!

GO CAVS!!
"When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."
Paul Brown
Brendan

Favorite Player: Lebron/Victor/Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:26 am

Whoever scores the most points will win....
"Meh. Calling me names on the internet is really no big deal, happens all the time." - e0y2e3
Ea$t $ide

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Paul Pierce

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:34 am

CharacterIV wrote:Side note: love the respect Shaq has for Z, with all the "together, we're the best C in the league" and "he's not my backup, he's my partner" talk.

Z is one of the very few big men Shaq always seems to have gotten along with. And perhaps they've further bonded over their mutual dislike of Greg Ostertag.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:39 am

A Cavs win or an epic melt here tomorrow. Either way, I shall be entertained.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:30 pm

Mo Williams out with a shoulder strain (per Windy tweet)

Do we see the artist formerly known as Boobie for extended minutes tonight? Does DWest jump to the starting lineup now?
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:32 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:Mo Williams out with a shoulder strain (per Windy tweet)

Do we see the artist formerly known as Boobie for extended minutes tonight? Does DWest jump to the starting lineup now?

Make that shoulder sprain, which is worse actually. (per windy)

Ugh.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:04 pm

The most interesting thing is the fact that Boobie was actually playing real well when he went down.

Hopefully he is still balling on D (he is a better perimeter defender than Mo at this point, Mo sucks at the P & R). Unfortunately unless Farmar gets hot or Brown plays the 1 and gets hot himself defending the Lake Show PGs is not really a huge concern.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cease » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:09 pm

More minutes for Delonte and Boobie will have to see the floor.

Mandate: Get It On. I'm pumped for this game, but we might miss Mo.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby papacass » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Mo is probably going to end up missing a few weeks, maybe even a month or more if it's a severe enough sprain.

J-Moon might have to limber up those abs and obliques and get back out there a little ahead of schedule. Guard situation is suddenly getting dicey.

Cavs had the injury advantage last month when Pau was out. This time, the Lakers are going to have the injury advantage. Cavs are missing two guys who had huge games on Christmas Day.
papacass

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:18 pm

This is gonna be a good 'un

First game I will have managed to watch live for about 2 weeks.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Papa Cass wrote:Mo is probably going to end up missing a few weeks, maybe even a month or more if it's a severe enough sprain.

J-Moon might have to limber up those abs and obliques and get back out there a little ahead of schedule. Guard situation is suddenly getting dicey.

Cavs had the injury advantage last month when Pau was out. This time, the Lakers are going to have the injury advantage. Cavs are missing two guys who had huge games on Christmas Day.

Papa, didn't Gasol play?

Not having Williams won't help matters.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:38 pm

Yes and yes. Both of which are good.

We're going to find out just how overrated and superfluous Mo really is here in this stretch. Also good.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:39 pm

I've been saying for ages that the Mo Williams that plays next to LBJ is not the same Mo Williams that would play on any other team. LBJ really hurts his game.

That said, he's still far better than Boobie on O. D, well, that is certainly arguable in Boobie's favor this year.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby papacass » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:16 pm

fundamentals wrote:
Papa Cass wrote:Mo is probably going to end up missing a few weeks, maybe even a month or more if it's a severe enough sprain.

Papa, didn't Gasol play?

Not having Williams won't help matters.

Yes, he did. My mistake. Gasol didn't go down again until January. Bynum played, too. He just didn't play much.

So the Cavs basically beat the Lakers even-strength.
papacass

Unread postby papacass » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:19 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I've been saying for ages that the Mo Williams that plays next to LBJ is not the same Mo Williams that would play on any other team. LBJ really hurts his game.

That said, he's still far better than Boobie on O. D, well, that is certainly arguable in Boobie's favor this year.

LBJ hurts Mo's game when LBJ wants to hurt Mo's game. For the most part, they coexist well enough. Mo is given enough opportunities to initiate the offense, but then the fourth quarter happens.
papacass

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Papa Cass wrote:Yes, he did. My mistake. Gasol didn't go down again until January. Bynum played, too. He just didn't play much.

They did beat them, still in my mind, the biggest win in the regular season to date. Though if they were to win this evening, might supplant it as signature victory of the year. Can't wait for the Zen Master to unleash Vujacic tonight. :lmfao:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby papacass » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:22 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:

Yes and yes. Both of which are good.

We're going to find out just how overrated and superfluous Mo really is here in this stretch. Also good.

Shoulder sprain. Mo will be in pain every time he tries to lift his arm for the next month. Which should also bring a smile to your face. Almost as much of a smile as Pup would have if Andy accidentally blinded himself with a misplaced squirt of jheri curl activator.
papacass

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Ea$t $ide wrote:Whoever scores the most points will win....

is this uncle austin???
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:38 pm

fundamentals wrote:
Papa Cass wrote:Yes, he did. My mistake. Gasol didn't go down again until January. Bynum played, too. He just didn't play much.

They did beat them, still in my mind, the biggest win in the regular season to date. Though if they were to win this evening, might supplant it as signature victory of the year. Can't wait for the Zen Master to unleash Vujacic tonight. :lmfao:

They could win by 35 tonight and it still wouldn't be as sweet as the total dismantling of the Lakers in their own gym followed by the meltdown of their fans.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:01 pm

davemanddd wrote:

is this uncle austin???

I don't think Uncle Austin would fit 'lol' into every post. Let's give the guy some credit.

I can't wait for apoplectic fit that's going to come when something of substance comes from that screen name.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Danny Green is going to get some minutes over the next month.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:
davemanddd wrote:

is this uncle austin???

I don't think Uncle Austin would fit 'lol' into every post. Let's give the guy some credit.

I can't wait for apoplectic fit that's going to come when something of substance comes from that screen name.

Come on man, he does it in real life with the old granpa laugh he brings on every game.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:08 pm

aoxo1 wrote:Danny Green is going to get some minutes over the next month.

Im fine with this, really. Preferrably not tonight, but 10-15 over the next few weeks until JaMo is back? Absolutely.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby AK-ROWDY » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:Danny Green is going to get some minutes over the next month.

Im fine with this, really. Preferrably not tonight, but 10-15 over the next few weeks until JaMo is back? Absolutely.

Hollinger was talkin bout this earlier today sayin given the chance he could be the steal of the draft but Blair has some arguing to do about that.
AK-ROWDY

Favorite Player: Peyton Hillis
Least Favorite Player: Steelers

Unread postby Captain Pabst » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Has anyone ever had a shoulder sprain? It's more painful than you might imagine - I've never had an injury hurt worse than when I sprained mine. In retrospect, I shouldn't have dove for that pass when we were up 48-0. It heals really slowly too - I couldn't sleep on mine for 6 months. In other words, Mo might not see the court for a while.
Captain Pabst

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: braylon edwards

Unread postby scott » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:29 pm

4-6 weeks. Delonte better be straight with his meds. Gonna need his full attention for a while.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:33 pm

scott wrote:4-6 weeks. Delonte better be straight with his meds. Gonna need his full attention for a while.

Well that is alot better than the 4 months or so Windy said it would take if he needed surgery. Get him 100% before he gets back, no reason to rush it even if we drop a seed or two.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby CharacterIV » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:50 pm

scott wrote:4-6 weeks. Delonte better be straight with his meds. Gonna need his full attention for a while.

Also makes it harder to move Boobie, frequently discussed as a part of trade scenarios. Hope Gibson can prove he deserves minutes.
CharacterIV

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:04 pm

I'm predicting colossal game from Redz and Boobie sinking 6 from downtown tonight

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 pm

40 posts prior to the game and not a single one with 10 minutes left in the 2nd. Missed most of the first, damn Mountain Time.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:39 pm

I updated my original post

*shrug*
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:51 pm

cavs looking a little disjointed without mo in there. nobody out there trying to create anything off the dribble. we miss moon too. sorry but "hot wad" just can't guard kobe.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:08 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I updated my original post

*shrug*

I didn't see the original. But, when I saw the updated version my first thought was, eh...I'd nail 'er.

That being said, I usually defer to the wise words of a close friend of mine who said: "If you're a woman and I wouldn't have sex with you, you should be ashamed of yourself."
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Ziner wrote:40 posts prior to the game and not a single one with 10 minutes left in the 2nd. Missed most of the first, damn Mountain Time.

Don't you have DirecTV? I usually miss the starts of games and just set the DVR to record online at work during the day.

Also, I love how Reggie Miller described Kobe falling down as LeBron crossed him up as "a lot of people will think that was LeBron making Kobe go down, but if you know basketball it was just Kobe losing his balance". Um, yeah, lost it because of LeBron. WTF?
aoxo1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:26 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Ziner wrote:40 posts prior to the game and not a single one with 10 minutes left in the 2nd. Missed most of the first, damn Mountain Time.

Don't you have DirecTV? I usually miss the starts of games and just set the DVR to record online at work during the day.

Also, I love how Reggie Miller described Kobe falling down as LeBron crossed him up as "a lot of people will think that was LeBron making Kobe go down, but if you know basketball it was just Kobe losing his balance". Um, yeah, lost it because of LeBron. WTF?

I've been letting the DVR run and catching up on the internet thus far. No interest in watching commercials.

Going to start the game shortly.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 pm

aoxo1 wrote:

I would love to have DirectTV instead of Comcast, however I live in an apartment building where my balcony faces the east. If I got DirectTV I could get the regular signal, but I have no line of sight to the HD satellite. However, that is irrelevant because I do have DVR with Comcast, I was just at the gym and lost track of what time it was. I am running a half marathon with the wife mid march so I need to get my mileage up.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 pm

aoxo1 wrote:

yo' reggie, don't you know an "ankle-breaker" when you see one??? kobe done got schooled. meanwhile, j.j. hickson had a solid first half with 11 points. cavs starting backcourt, not so much. getting outscored 22-2. of course kobe's got 20 of those 22, but that's beside the point. like i said before, the cavs really miss mo. d-west having a bummer game. note to mike brown, more boobie please!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Ziner wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:

I would love to have DirectTV instead of Comcast, however I live in an apartment building where my balcony faces the east. If I got DirectTV I could get the regular signal, but I have no line of sight to the HD satellite. However, that is irrelevant because I do have DVR with Comcast, I was just at the gym and lost track of what time it was. I am running a half marathon with the wife mid march so I need to get my mileage up.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

Love 'em. Don't generally measure my time or distance, but I'm sure I've done around a half marathon a few times in them.
aoxo1

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA