Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

it's halftime & still no cavs-v-clippers thread???

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

it's halftime & still no cavs-v-clippers thread???

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:58 am

cavs down 9 at the half to the clip joint 56-47. what a revolting development that is. anybody wanna play a little something called "defense"??? clips shooting 65% from the field and 50% from the 3-point line to go along with 92% on free throws. la's got a couple of hacks by the name of rasual butler with 19 points and craig smith with 12 points??? this coming on the heels of letting some guy named sundiata gaines beat them on thursday night in utah. talk about playing down to the level of your competition. all i know is that mike brown's usual halftime snooze-talk better be just a bit different or the cavs could get blown out tonite. gawd that would suck. come on, cavs. let's pick it up!!!

:cavs1:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Re: it's halftime & still no cavs-v-clippers thread???

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:25 am

omg, cavs down by 13. my biggest fears realized. cavs have no energy whatsoever, not playing defense, not hitting shots, committing silly fouls and turning the ball over way too much. i can't believe i am actually staying up to watch this crap.

(puke)
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:31 am

ok now, that's more like it. the cavs have cut it to 5 at the end of 3 quarters. now it's winning time.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:42 am

rasual butler??? are you effing kidding me??? we're getting beat by the likes of rasual effing butler??? gimme a freaking break. once again the basketball gods are rising up to smite cleveland. will we ever win a championship here???
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:43 am

ok guys, i'm feeling pretty lonely in here all by myself. anybody care to join in on the fun???
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:47 am

tie game!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:51 am

and the cavs take the lead!!! :cavs1: :cavs1: :cavs1: :cavs1: :cavs1: :cavs1: :cavs1: :cavs1: :cavs1: :cavs1: :cavs1:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby g00p » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:03 am

your not alone, interesting game so far :)
g00p

Unread postby g00p » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:04 am

woot
g00p

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:05 am

cavs win!!! cavs win!!! cavs win!!! played some serious "d" coming down the stretch too. whew!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:06 am

thanx goop, better late than never. i was beginning to wonder if it was because i didn't shower??? hee-hee!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby g00p » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:07 am

ive been drinking today and watching the nfl... i completely forgot about this site till the end :)
g00p

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:15 am

g00p wrote:ive been drinking today and watching the nfl... i completely forgot about this site till the end :)

no problem. i still wish the cardinals & ravens would have won to make the saints & colts pay for resting their players the last couple of weeks of the regular season. you would have thought the colts especially would have learned their lesson from 2007 and not done that again. so now i guess we got more of that to look forward to again in the future. hoo-boy, can't wait. oh well, at least the cavs won tonite which is all that really matters.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:17 am

Beyond the disturbing reality that is this thread one comment is worth making.

Huge balls by MB not fouling at the end. Good call if you win, terrible if you lose. Kudos to him.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:27 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Beyond the disturbing reality that is this thread one comment is worth making.

Huge balls by MB not fouling at the end. Good call if you win, terrible if you lose. Kudos to him.

cast iron!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby papacass » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:35 am

This whole thread looks like a train wreck. I'll take the blame for not at least getting a thread going in advance of the game. But crap, this looks bad.

Daveman, if nobody is here, nobody is here. Don't post 12 consecutive messages to yourself. Start a game thread, add another comment if you want. But don't treat it like it's a gamecast.

Looks like a Twitter page threw up on Cleveland.com in here.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:00 am

Papa Cass wrote:This whole thread looks like a train wreck. I'll take the blame for not at least getting a thread going in advance of the game. But crap, this looks bad.

Daveman, if nobody is here, nobody is here. Don't post 12 consecutive messages to yourself. Start a game thread, add another comment if you want. But don't treat it like it's a gamecast.

Looks like a Twitter page threw up on Cleveland.com in here.

my bad. i was getting pissed at the cavs & just wanted to vent my frustrations.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby Juannieboy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:29 am

Yeah Dave...the nerve...... acting like a fan here.

The Cleveland Fan is really a misnomer.........It should be the Cleveland Intellectual. Frankly, a few more drunks here might raise the level of discourse.
I'm Polish...what's your excuse?
Juannieboy

Favorite Player: Gary?
Least Favorite Player: Trombone

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:44 am

I feel bad I clicked in a couple of times while watching it, and should have pitched in helped ole Dave...

Rasul was unconscious there for a stretch and a couple of those threes were ill-advised prayers if you ask me. Aside from that there just wasn't much interesting about the game. I liked the small lineup, I disliked the turnovers.

Not much worthy of adding, which is why I let it go. Beyond that, the D was pretty strong down the stretch. In particular I liked how Andy a couple of times sense the 24 was getting close to expiring, and took away outside shots.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:59 am

dmiles wrote:I feel bad I clicked in a couple of times while watching it, and should have pitched in helped ole Dave...

Rasul was unconscious there for a stretch and a couple of those threes were ill-advised prayers if you ask me. Aside from that there just wasn't much interesting about the game. I liked the small lineup, I disliked the turnovers.

Not much worthy of adding, which is why I let it go. Beyond that, the D was pretty strong down the stretch. In particular I liked how Andy a couple of times sense the 24 was getting close to expiring, and took away outside shots.

yeah its funny how they played almost no d for about 3+ quarters but then were able to pour it on there in the 4th quarter. i will certainly take the win, but they can't play that way come playoff time and still expect to win. they will be in for a rude awakening.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby papacass » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:30 am

Juannieboy wrote:Yeah Dave...the nerve...... acting like a fan here.

The Cleveland Fan is really a misnomer.........It should be the Cleveland Intellectual. Frankly, a few more drunks here might raise the level of discourse.

Oh, stop it. I have no problem with people being fans. But if a thread looks like a mess, particularly a game thread, I'm going to say something.

Maybe the "Twitter threw up on Cleveland.com" comment was a little too far. I posted it when I was tired and probably a little too crabby.

Daveman, I wasn't trying to pile on you. Apologies for that. I was more irritated by the look of the thread.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Juannieboy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Papa Cass wrote:

Oh, stop it. I have no problem with people being fans. But if a thread looks like a mess, particularly a game thread, I'm going to say something.

Maybe the "Twitter threw up on Cleveland.com" comment was a little too far. I posted it when I was tired and probably a little too crabby.

Daveman, I wasn't trying to pile on you. Apologies for that. I was more irritated by the look of the thread.

It's all cool Papa. I was just channeling my inner James Traficant rabble-rouser.
I'm Polish...what's your excuse?
Juannieboy

Favorite Player: Gary?
Least Favorite Player: Trombone

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 pm

Great game that I missed

I was too busy spending £44 on an awful meal
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby davemanddd » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Papa Cass wrote:

no problem. i was getting a little concerned too when nobody else was showing up to post. thankfully goop bailed me out there in the end. it really was a horrible game by the cavs up until about midway thru the 4th quarter when they finally decided to start playing some defense. i mean when the likes of craig smith and rasual butler look like hall of famers because you are doing absolutely nothing to stop them, well then you have to do something to start venting your frustration and that's when i started posting. call me crazy but it's a helluva lot better than throwing things at my tv or kicking my dog. a lot less violent too. although my computer's keyboard probably feels like it's been run through the ringer. hee-hee!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA