Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Orlando Magic

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Orlando Magic

Unread postby diminishingskills » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:48 am

I think my favorite quote in the article was this one:

"Here's a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like."

As if all white players are fundamentally sound players who never miss a free throw and can run every offense to perfection, while all black players are animals who just want to run up and down the court and throw down dunks, in between firing off their guns and getting into fights with fans.

It's interesting that this league is getting publicity (whatever little amount of it) at the same time that we have a huge disaster and relief effort going on a thousand or so miles to the south. On the one hand, we have a catastrophe, one that has brought forth an international relief effort, recognizing that whatever petty differences we may have need to be put aside because we have much larger issues to face. And on the other hand, we have this Moose Lewis character, who wants to perpetuate those differences. He may not be wearing a hood and carrying a torch, but it's racism all the same. Just a kinder, gentler, 2010 version of it.

We're moving on as a country and as a world. Yes, there's still racism around (as we see here), but the majority of people are against it. And that is only going to increase, as old racism adherents die out, and more and more people are born into a world in which racism is not tolerated. We'll probably always have pockets of it, but those pockets will get smaller and smaller.

Somehow, I don't think that Moose Lewis is going to do too well in this venture. And I know that it won't go down as his proudest moment.
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:42 pm

FWIW: CTB07 - Auction Keeper league. As of right now G Wallace, Iggy, Reke and Westbrook are my keepers. Blake is sitting on the IR though and it is TBD if I roll the dice on him or keep Westbrook.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:54 pm

There's almost no scenario that would have me keeping Blake Griffin over Westbrook. I love Westbrook's game, and big men need a year to flesh out into production. I understand that there's far fewer competent big men in the league, though.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:54 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:There's almost no scenario that would have me keeping Blake Griffin over Westbrook. I love Westbrook's game, and big men need a year to flesh out into production. I understand that there's far fewer competent big men in the league, though.

Going to come down to Money.

Westbrook for 17 v. Blake for 3. Leaning Westbrook, obviously, but still not certain.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA