Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Z vs. Shaq

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Z vs. Shaq

Unread postby Columbus1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:16 am

When they were announcing the line-up, Shaq is seen saying something to Ilgauskas which seems to really piss him off. Varejao has to step between them & physically hold Z back while Shaq walks onto the court ignoring whatever Z was saying back to him. Tension/in-fighting led to the both of them tanking the hell out of this game?
Columbus1

Favorite Player: Omar Vizquel
Least Favorite Player: Manny Ramirez

Re: Z vs. Shaq

Unread postby papacass » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 pm

If there was a sideline altercation, I doubt that it would have sailed past both Brian Windhorst and the Associated Press. Neither reported anything of the sort. Chances are, they were just playing with each other.

As far as tension leading to both of them tanking the game, well..... :bunny:
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Columbus1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:12 pm

I was surprised to search it out this morning and find nothing on it. If you have it recorded, take a look. Varejao was definitely holding Z back from Shaq & he sure wasn't laughing. Tanking on purpose comes to mind.
Columbus1

Favorite Player: Omar Vizquel
Least Favorite Player: Manny Ramirez

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:22 pm

This exchange has been going on all season. When Shaq is introduced he walks thru the line, he and Z stare at one another, Shaq says something and Z playfully "goes after him" w/ AV there to hold him back. Most nights Shaq gets thru it w/ a serious look on his face. One night Shaq said, to the effect, "F**k some sh*t up, white boy", he broke down laughing.

It's as much part of the pregame routine as LBJ and his handshakes with everyone in the arena besides Joe Tait.

Nothing to see here
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:This exchange has been going on all season. When Shaq is introduced he walks thru the line, he and Z stare at one another, Shaq says something and Z playfully "goes after him" w/ AV there to hold him back. Most nights Shaq gets thru it w/ a serious look on his face. One night Shaq said, to the effect, "F**k some sh*t up, white boy", he broke down laughing.

It's as much part of the pregame routine as LBJ and his handshakes with everyone in the arena besides Joe Tait.

Nothing to see here

You are correct sir...I love the whole kung fu bow they all do to Shaq...
"Meh. Calling me names on the internet is really no big deal, happens all the time." - e0y2e3
Ea$t $ide

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Paul Pierce

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:37 pm

An odd ritual but a pleasant one
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:22 pm

My wife looks forward to pre game intro only because she wants to see if Shaq keeps a straight face or busts up after confronting Z.

1:35 mark
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:31 pm

I noticed in some previous games that LBJ appears to be snapping photos of various players.

One would think he could find a better time and place for this hobby besides on the job.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:32 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:I noticed in some previous games that LBJ appears to be snapping photos of various players.

One would think he could find a better time and place for this hobby besides on the job.

Oh how I chortled
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby papacass » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:My wife looks forward to pre game intro only because she wants to see if Shaq keeps a straight face or busts up after confronting Z.

1:35 mark

That's fantastic. Hilarious. I never caught onto that.

How do you think that worked when Shaq devised it? (I'm assuming that Z's role in the creation of this little skit was purely passive.)

"OK, Big Z, we gotta do something really cool for the intros, just you and me. So here's what we're going to do. When I'm going down the high-five line, I'm going to pretend to insult you to your face, and then you're going to pretend like you want to come after me and kick my ass. We'll get Andy to act like he's holding you back. It's gonna be awesome."
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA