Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

This Woulda Been Great...

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: This Woulda Been Great...

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:56 pm

LOL
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:00 am

BTW: all of you fuckheads need to read Sterns post suspension quotes.

He essentially said, I suspended GIl early because he was going too far and posing a risk to his career on Twitter and w/ Finger Gunz. It had nothing to do w/ him protecting society from the thug that is Agent Zero.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:11 am

Oh he's no thug.......

Just a really stupid person that got blessed with talent. 10-1 says he doesn't even know how to shoot, and I bet one of those guns was a Desert Eagle.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:12 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Oh he's no thug.......

Just a really stupid person that got blessed with talent. 10-1 says he doesn't even know how to shoot, and I bet one of those guns was a Desert Eagle.

One was.

And this is why you should stay as far away from FUDU arguments as possible.

FUDU = Timmah

But w/ a bit of NEO style racism tossed in.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:22 am

I knew he'd own a Desert Eagle, just knew it. They always go for the most useless gun in the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTz_oHtyMrs

BTW: What's NEO style racism?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:27 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:BTW: What's NEO style racism?

Cannot really explain it, but honestly most peeps I know or consider friend from NEO are a bit racist. Just something in the water there.

The Palin rally's came from somewhere, ya know.

And his DE had gold and diamonds on it.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:36 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Image
Last edited by Ziner on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:37 am

Why not? The only way to make a useless gun more useless, it's to add jewelry. The only reason jocks buy those guns is because they're big, shiny, and have a ridiculous price tag.

Oh god. Here comes the flame.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:08 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
RickNashEquilibrium wrote:FTR - I never stated Gil didn't deserve the punishment he got. I have no idea where you got that take from but its not in the words I wrote. I typed what he did shouldn't be compared to FIRING A GUN IN PUBLIC. I mean seriously, my statement wasn't that ambiguous in the context of the 2 situations. Some people here and elsewhere want to hang the guy like he put a gun to Crits head and told him to bite the curb. That is simply not what happened.

I don't want him hanged....

I want him to face the same justice a person of no fame and little means would. Which he won't.

I agree that he should face the same justice as you are me, but we all know he won't. Again, that's not on Gil, its the system we live in. Please don't read this as I would go out and break the law if I had all the money, but if I ever did get in trouble and had that much dime, you bet your ass I would get as much leniency as possible. We all would.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:22 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:BTW: What's NEO style racism?

Cannot really explain it, but honestly most peeps I know or consider friend from NEO are a bit racist. Just something in the water there.

I'd say its more bigotry than racism, but its douchbaggery through and through. Trust me, I grew up in Chardon and still live on the east side. Stadiums, bars, restaurants, whatever, I've heard people say shit in public that still leaves my jaw on the fucking floor. For the emphasis people have put on education for people of my generation (I'll be 27 in Feb), there are still a sad # of educated bigots/racists out there. I guess for all the stress on building smarts to get a good job, the qualities of tolerance, class, equality, decency, and perspective have gone by the wayside.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:41 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
FUDU wrote:Third, I have no problem with your stance on drunk driving, and agree for the most part that it takes a very bad result before a serious penalty is handed down most times. However you are complaining that the repercussions are often too late relative the the risk of the action yet at the same time you are saying Gilbert didn't harm anyone or didn't plan on harming anyone (therefor not deserving a punishment or the one handed down), you are completely contradicting yourself there.

This is my favorite FUDUism ever.

Hands down.

Having an unarmed gun is as deadly as driving drunk.

I mean, by your logic here, people may drive drunk so they should not have cars, right?

And if someone played a joke and parked a car in your front yard that would be a potentially deadly situation, right?

No the point is that with Stern's actions he is sending the message that this stuff will not be tolerated what so ever, regardless of intentions and how harmless they are. So by all accounts this should never ever happen again, leaving no risk for anything bad to happen involving a gun inside an NBA locker room. Will it, pfft who knows.

All of my personal references to comparing Plax and Gump are in the context that the action was not only completely stupid but completely and totally within their own control, therefore nobody is to be blamed how either situation turns out except them.

FTR if the law stated he should go to jail for this then I agree, if not then I agree as well. If the NBA wants to make an example of Gump I am OK with that them being in the private sector and all, but not OK with the law making an example of him.
One was.

And this is why you should stay as far away from FUDU arguments as possible.

FUDU = Timmah

But w/ a bit of NEO style racism tossed in.
So you finally show some semblance of balls and say what it is you wouldn't before on the topic. So where is this trail of evidence you have to make such a claim? Is it the countless amount of posts I made on this topic mentioning skin color? Wait Bill Simmons told you didn't he, or no Peyton Manning is racist therefore making said fan of the greatest QB ever a racist as well. It's a sorry ass take.....so should we expect you to bang your knee and spend an hour replying to yourself for such a stupid take, or is this just a short trailer of a "getting to know eye" thread?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:52 pm

This is freakin priceless.

Sound familiar, Mr. Bostonian?

http://bostonist.com/2008/07/22/nyt_blogger_boston_most_racist_city.php

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:36 am

To be fair, that was said 75% tongue in cheek to watch you go nuts.

But you do have a Pavlonian and generally misinformed reaction to this stuff. Backpedaling out of your Plax comments has been sweet to watch though.

Sterns actions had nothing to do w/ guns being in the locker room, it was all about the public finding out. The NBA has had guns in locker rooms for ages and it has been known throughout the league. Partially all of this is on Stern for not doing anything the many many other times he has had the chance. Keep on rolling w/ your thugisms and Stern caring about guns though.

And if you really want to get into the old age Irish versus the blacks from the seventies be my guest. Not going to argue w/ you about that and I would venture to guess you don't even know what actually happened here. I will say that when I go home to Ohio I end up freaking out on biggots at least three or four times. Something about rednecks and Palin rally's, ya know? Gump references are pretty non-racial though. Got a shrimp boat picture to drop as well?

And FWIW: I have no doubt some of the Boston Burbs have plenty of racists and the general presence of education lacking lower income burbs anywhere tends to run hand in hand w/ uneducated racists. Ohio in general has a lot of less educated lower middle class burbs, same w/ Western Mass, etc. Education tends to lead to enlightenment. Well that and youth.

One of the better things about this place is that the core is generally made up of independent minded people w/ a brain. Well you do always have FUDU.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:36 pm

::doh::

Tongue in cheek if you don't get the results you wanted but if you get some one to crack with that you'd ride it out as long as you could. It's called projection and is quite common, so fear not, you are not alone.

My Plax comparison was perfectly clear and was repeated 2-3 times, you choosing not to read it is on you not me.

....oh and for a such a self proclaimed movie buff you sure did miss the easy & obvious Forrest Gump reference, I only said it right out of the gate.

FUDU

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA