Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs @ Blazers

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavs @ Blazers

Unread postby papacass » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Orenthal wrote:The Kemp led rookie squad had that one enjoyable playoff series against the Pacers. In shape Kemp was a monster in that series, and him not getting hella fat and Z breaking could have made that a decent team to watch, as opposed to the abomination it became.

Kemp did have a great series. 26 and 10. But as far as it being "enjoyable," they lost that series 3-1. It really wasn't close.

That was probably the best Pacers team in their franchise's history. Even better than the team that made it to the Finals two years later. They were battle-tested and deep. Reggie Miller at arguably his zenith. Antonio and Dale Davis. Mark Jackson. Chris Mullin. Rik Smits. Jalen Rose. All playing at a high level.

Two rounds later, they engaged in an absolutely epic seven-game ECF showdown with the aging, last-hurrah MJ Bulls. They pushed the Bulls harder than maybe any playoff opponent in the Jordan era, and very nearly upset them. I found a highlight capsule of the series on YouTube last week. Wish I would have bookmarked it for this post. I watched that, and remembered what a heavyweight title fight that series was.

I digressed from the original point of my post, but the Cavs were just a speed bump for the Pacers that year.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:To be fair SSS has openly admitted to not watching Cavs basketball before LBJ and he was like six when those Unis were around.

According to Chris Creamer around '99 would have been the last year of those, so I would have been ten.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id= ... s2sncvd1hq

And it doesn't mean I don't feel guilty about not following them before hand.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Papa Cass wrote:I digressed from the original point of my post, but the Cavs were just a speed bump for the Pacers that year.

Understand your point Cass. I should have qualified that it was enjoyable seeing the Cavaliers in the playoffs after the previouse year sitting at home, and seeing what could develop in time with our young roster against an elite team in Indiana.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA