Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby waborat » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:14 pm

FUDU wrote:Did waborat just call you two tweedle dee & tweedle dum?



Naw, just handing out a lil love this morning...

They both post a ton of quick witted stuff, but the above posts should be used in classrooms all around the country
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Juannieboy wrote:
Follow the twisted logic here:

Athletes need guns to protect themselves in their own homes.

Dilbert takes guns out of home to protect his young children from the guns he has brought into his home to protect his family.

Pro athletes are bigger targets and should carry guns to protect themselves more than a small businessman should but athletes should not carry loaded guns to protect themselves is (in-fixed) public.

The Wiz management are disgusting because they made him a multi-millionaire and now want to take advantage of Dilbert because he brought guns into the workplace.

If you ignore this you are an......idiot.


No dumbass, my response was to FUDU and his ranting about thug love nation being repped by pro athletes. Factually pro athletes buying guns is fully understandable in this day and age. Athletes rolling into clubs w/ loaded pistols is another story, which is the direct correlation FUDU tried to stupidly make to what Gil did.

Factually pro athletes have become targets in there homes, factually FUDU started muttering some crap about repair shop owners acting as if a ton of athletes over the past five years have not been attacked in there own homes. Carrying a loaded gun in public is a clear violation of just about any law and athletes are not nearly as likely to be "robbed" in public where they are almost always attracting attention than they are in there own homes. Follow the last five years dumb ass, how many athletes have you read about getting stuck up on street corners? How many have been tied to chairs in there homes at gunpoint? Get your facts straight or get your IQ checked. Gil has already said he thought the change in DC gun laws allowed for unloaded guns. May be BS, may not, but he has addressed the potential legal issues and the law will not come down on him nearly as hard as it did Plax.

Factually, I don't know why Gil took the guns out of his home, I just know what he claimed and that they were unloaded and he had no ammo on him.

Factually, what Gil did was stupid but not unexpected from him. Gil is notorious for these "pranks" including the shit talking he did on the plane that started all of this. A couple of summers ago he got into a contest w/ J-Rich over who could give more money to AZ, there was the famous Stevenson shooting contest where he changed the rules to win just like he did on the plane in the card game, then there are the thousands of Gil being Gil moments and him messing w/ teammates dropping "pranks" left and right. Does this mean what he did was smart or right, no. It just means nothing more than FUDU's "THUG LOVE NATION" BS is so far off kilter it is insane. If you read what I am writing as defending Gilbert you need to get your fucking IQ checked. I'm just sick and tired of this "DAMNED THUGS" BS that is being propagated by dumbfucks like you that have not followed the story nor know what they are talking about (as well as national talking heads yelling for ratings like Cowerd).

Factually, in the rest of the NBA GMs are stuck living w/ the horrid contracts they dished out. The Wizards jumped on this gun thing not because of the guns themselves, but because they saw a way out of the worst contract in the NBA. That's disgusting. I have no problem w/ how the situation has been handled by Stern, especially w/ Gil continuing to be Gil after the fact, but Ernie Grunfeld jumping up and down because he can save his own ass after giving a hurt player a mega-contract is disgusting. If Abe Polan were still around I bet you the situation would not have been handled in this "Neener, neener we don't have to live up to our fuck up" way. If the Wiz weren't jumping for joy and dropping quotes that essentially read "THANK YOU FOR SAVING OUR ASSES STERNY" right after the suspension I wouldn't be annoyed. Again, follow the story, read what I wrote or get your fucking IQ checked.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:09 pm

FUDU wrote:Show me the list of athletes who get robbed or get caught with guns on them in places where guns normally aren't necessary, and I will show you a list that is 95% thugs and wannabes eye. Virtually every one of those guys creates their own problem by the choice they make in who they are hanging with or where they are hanging.


Again, the attacks on athletes in there homes has been major news over the last five years.

Try hitting Google.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Peeker643 wrote:I have plenty of guns in my house and I have kids.

I've never taken them to work in favor of explaining them to my kids or buying a a really nice thumb print gun safe for $2500 or so.

I've also never pulled a prank involving guns at work because most businesses fail to find it funny.

I haven't pulled a prank with guns with friends because it's simply fucking stupid to clown with them.

I haven't played a joke with a gun on someone else who has a gun because that's a better than average way to get yourself shot.

Playing with guns ain't funny.
Taking them to work ain't a good idea.
Making light of doing both in the huddle of a game is really fucking stupid when you're already on the comish's shit list.

And you know what? When the law comes down on DWest ina few months I'll still feel the same way.


And I have no problem w/ this take.

Hell I am fine w/ the law and Stern's handling of this.

People just need to stop this, frankly, black athlete hate that is being dropped.

It's getting real fucking tired.

And I am not pointing at you peeks.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:16 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Carrying a loaded gun in public is a clear violation of just about any law and athletes are not nearly as likely to be "robbed" in public where they are almost always attracting attention than they are in there own homes. Follow the last five years dumb ass, how many athletes have you read about getting stuck up on street corners?


Javon Walker is one that leaps to mind.
User avatar
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 12:39 pm
Location: Brooklyn
Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:27 pm

Off the top of my head Eddie Curry, Daunta Robinson and Sean Taylor were all robbed in their homes since 2007.

And no FUDU it was not pros in the Taylor case, it was people that worked for him and was a planned robbery.

And if you want to extend it to cars (which is not carrying a loaded gun into a night club or on a street corner) I can name a few more.

And again, where are athletes easier targets? In public or in there own homes or vehicles. This isn't rocket science. And where is it illegal to have a loaded gun, in a night club or in your home?

There have been plenty of night club incidents, but according to FUDU that is their fault for going out because night clubs are all THUG LOVE.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:54 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Off the top of my head Eddie Curry, Daunta Robinson and Sean Taylor were all robbed in their homes since 2007.

And no FUDU it was not pros in the Taylor case, it was people that worked for him and was a planned robbery.

And if you want to extend it to cars (which is not carrying a loaded gun into a night club or on a street corner) I can name a few more.

And again, where are athletes easier targets? In public or in there own homes or vehicles. This isn't rocket science. And where is it illegal to have a loaded gun, in a night club or in your home?

There have been plenty of night club incidents, but according to FUDU that is their fault for going out because night clubs are all THUG LOVE.


For those who don't want to look it up heres a few more - Darrant Williams, Richard Collier, Antoine Walker, Steve Smith (NY), Jerome McDougal, Tim Carter, Marbury, Chris Childs, and former Tribe ace CC Sabathia.

EY - I agree with your whole take but the fact athletes being some of the biggest public figures in our country need to understand just how much in the spotlight they are both in their personal and professional lives. Everyone, and I mean everyone from every walk of life knows what kind of monies these guys have and that presents a very dangerous situation. Do I think they should go clubbing and enjoy every fucking dolla they make on the field? Ab-so-fucking-lutely. I'd also be living the playboy lifestyle at age 26 if I was in their shoes and thats the problem. These guys arent normal people. Lowlife scum, criminals, and bottomfeeders know where to find and how to get to pro athletes and will do so if the opportunity presents itself. That's the downside of being rich AND completely 100% in the public eye. You become a target regardless of your actions and/or affiliations. I in no way am saying these guys brought it upon themselves, but I don't think anyone can dismiss the fact that pro athletes are victims of violent crime much more than other wealthly celebrities or faces who are well known to the public.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
User avatar
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:35 pm
Location: Mentor
Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:03 pm

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Off the top of my head Eddie Curry, Daunta Robinson and Sean Taylor were all robbed in their homes since 2007.

And no FUDU it was not pros in the Taylor case, it was people that worked for him and was a planned robbery.

And if you want to extend it to cars (which is not carrying a loaded gun into a night club or on a street corner) I can name a few more.

And again, where are athletes easier targets? In public or in there own homes or vehicles. This isn't rocket science. And where is it illegal to have a loaded gun, in a night club or in your home?

There have been plenty of night club incidents, but according to FUDU that is their fault for going out because night clubs are all THUG LOVE.


For those who don't want to look it up heres a few more - Darrant Williams, Richard Collier, Antoine Walker, Steve Smith (NY), Jerome McDougal, Tim Carter, Marbury, Chris Childs, and former Tribe ace CC Sabathia.

EY - I agree with your whole take but the fact athletes being some of the biggest public figures in our country need to understand just how much in the spotlight they are both in their personal and professional lives. Everyone, and I mean everyone from every walk of life knows what kind of monies these guys have and that presents a very dangerous situation. Do I think they should go clubbing and enjoy every fucking dolla they make on the field? Ab-so-fucking-lutely. I'd also be living the playboy lifestyle at age 26 if I was in their shoes and thats the problem. These guys arent normal people. Lowlife scum, criminals, and bottomfeeders know where to find and how to get to pro athletes and will do so if the opportunity presents itself. That's the downside of being rich AND completely 100% in the public eye. You become a target regardless of your actions and/or affiliations. I in no way am saying these guys brought it upon themselves, but I don't think anyone can dismiss the fact that pro athletes are victims of violent crime much more than other wealthly celebrities or faces who are well known to the public.



No issue with athletes/celebs carrying weapons for their personal protection if they abide by the laws of the state they're carrying in and have earnestly earned the privilege of carrying said weapons.

Playing OK Corral in the locker room/at work goes beyond that and gives the wack jobs more to talk about.

Making light of it and flicking the ear of the men in charge of the league is simply beyond stupid. Whether the flick-er is bat shit crazy or straight as an arrow.

Nothing good can come of of what Arenas and Crittenton did. Nothing did.

I know you guys aren't saying anything opposite of that which is above, but the issues get blurred minutes after they're raised here and just wanted it to be clear where I come from on it.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22711
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby Juannieboy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:26 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Juannieboy wrote:
Follow the twisted logic here:

Athletes need guns to protect themselves in their own homes.

Dilbert takes guns out of home to protect his young children from the guns he has brought into his home to protect his family.

Pro athletes are bigger targets and should carry guns to protect themselves more than a small businessman should but athletes should not carry loaded guns to protect themselves is (in-fixed) public.

The Wiz management are disgusting because they made him a multi-millionaire and now want to take advantage of Dilbert because he brought guns into the workplace.

If you ignore this you are an......idiot.


No dumbass, my response was to FUDU and his ranting about thug love nation being repped by pro athletes. Factually pro athletes buying guns is fully understandable in this day and age. Athletes rolling into clubs w/ loaded pistols is another story, which is the direct correlation FUDU tried to stupidly make to what Gil did.

Factually pro athletes have become targets in there homes, factually FUDU started muttering some crap about repair shop owners acting as if a ton of athletes over the past five years have not been attacked in there own homes. Carrying a loaded gun in public is a clear violation of just about any law and athletes are not nearly as likely to be "robbed" in public where they are almost always attracting attention than they are in there own homes. Follow the last five years dumb ass, how many athletes have you read about getting stuck up on street corners? How many have been tied to chairs in there homes at gunpoint? Get your facts straight or get your IQ checked. Gil has already said he thought the change in DC gun laws allowed for unloaded guns. May be BS, may not, but he has addressed the potential legal issues and the law will not come down on him nearly as hard as it did Plax.

Factually, I don't know why Gil took the guns out of his home, I just know what he claimed and that they were unloaded and he had no ammo on him.

Factually, what Gil did was stupid but not unexpected from him. Gil is notorious for these "pranks" including the shit talking he did on the plane that started all of this. A couple of summers ago he got into a contest w/ J-Rich over who could give more money to AZ, there was the famous Stevenson shooting contest where he changed the rules to win just like he did on the plane in the card game, then there are the thousands of Gil being Gil moments and him messing w/ teammates dropping "pranks" left and right. Does this mean what he did was smart or right, no. It just means nothing more than FUDU's "THUG LOVE NATION" BS is so far off kilter it is insane. If you read what I am writing as defending Gilbert you need to get your fucking IQ checked. I'm just sick and tired of this "DAMNED THUGS" BS that is being propagated by dumbfucks like you that have not followed the story nor know what they are talking about (as well as national talking heads yelling for ratings like Cowerd).

Factually, in the rest of the NBA GMs are stuck living w/ the horrid contracts they dished out. The Wizards jumped on this gun thing not because of the guns themselves, but because they saw a way out of the worst contract in the NBA. That's disgusting. I have no problem w/ how the situation has been handled by Stern, especially w/ Gil continuing to be Gil after the fact, but Ernie Grunfeld jumping up and down because he can save his own ass after giving a hurt player a mega-contract is disgusting. If Abe Polan were still around I bet you the situation would not have been handled in this "Neener, neener we don't have to live up to our fuck up" way. If the Wiz weren't jumping for joy and dropping quotes that essentially read "THANK YOU FOR SAVING OUR ASSES STERNY" right after the suspension I wouldn't be annoyed. Again, follow the story, read what I wrote or get your fucking IQ checked.


So what your saying is basically anybody that does not agree with your take is a dumb ass, "insane" or needs to have his I.Q. checked. Your omnipotent act gets a little thin after awhile and your logic indicates you just might not break two standard deviations below normal I.Q. yourself.

Dilbert has gone on record sayng he took the guns out of his house because of his young kids. Did you miss that?

You have no inside information about these things but you act like you do. How do KNOW what Grunfield is thinking? You don't dillweed. Same with how this would have played out with Polian.

Pro-athletes may have been accosted or even shot and killed in their homes. A "ton" you say? I Googled a dozen references to NBA and NFL players. Most articles were dated in 2007. At tops...12 hits. Tops! That does not qualify as the epicdemic problem you preport it to be. Shove off sailor.

People that disagree with you are not "insane". Go get laid, if you can. I just might help you with your tortured outlook on life.
I'm Polish...what's your excuse?
User avatar
Juannieboy
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:38 pm
Location: Chillicothe, OH
Favorite Player: Gary?
Least Favorite Player: Trombone

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:43 pm

No, I think you are a dumbass due to your body of work.

I mean that "ALL ATHLETES LEAVE C-TOWN!!!" take was fucking epic.

Now onto why you are stupid in this instance:

Gilbert bought guns. Gilbert has never been considered a thug in the league. Many people that associate w/ him in the league were somewhat surprised by this whole incident (until they remember that he is crazy). This has been reported ad naseum. One can logically assume Gilbert bought the guns for protection (though I am not going to say that w/ certainty). One also cannot assume that Gilbert is just another THUG LIFER!!! which is and has been my entire point, a point you keep missing and trying to cherry pick around because you are too stupid to grasp. And I'd bet you read my post stating that Gil brought the guns to the locker room because of his small children. I would imagine there came a time in his life that the cost benefit of having guns around children became unfavorable. Or he is lying. Either way, again, no evidence Gilbert is a giant thug. He either wanted protection or was shooting things in his back yard because he is crazy. There is zero evidence that Gilbert was thugging around the streets of DC (or riding w/ his weapons loaded on a trike). If you are going to cherry pick my posts try reading the post I was responding to, because you are yet to even claim that Gilbert is comparable to Plax, which is what I was talking about. Well that and the annoying tendency of everyone to write off every NBA player as a thug the minute something happens.

...

Well, everyone except Delonte, he's just depressed.
...

Now you raise issue w/ 12 house break ins in the last five years and act like that is nothing? Do you want to go per capita and analyze who is a bigger target, filthy rich peeps that are always in the spotlight and some people feel angst toward or suburban america joe fuck when it comes to being a target for violent home break ins? Because 12 big name pro athletes being attacked in a five year period is a ton, per capita (do you know what this means?). And if you really want to get fun let's play the "this was not nearly as big an issue in decades past and the rate at which athletes are being mugged and shot and robbed has increased alarmingly over the past decade" game!

As for Ernie being a sniveling bitch and only caring about dropping the contract, you are an idiot. Do you actually think Ernie's reasoning for personally turning in Gil is because "he broke the rules?" Anyone who writes or follows the league knows exactly what Grunfeld's angle has been in this entire thing. And the only comments from Grunfeld have been "fuck you Gil, we don't have to pay you now" if you actually read what has been said. Never once a quote about Gilbert getting help, gilbert needing help, sad story, unfortunate event, nothing from the guy. Not a single drop of PR speak. Again, read the articles on the situation and tell me what is happening and how these comments have read.

And now onto Abe, I base that assumption on two things:

1) Everyone in the league says Abe was one of the best characters ever involved in it

2) Abe was real tight w/ Gil

You can rest assured at least some PR speak would have come out of Washington.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Wow, that's some back and forth. At the risk of being called a lot of bad names i'd like to just say what has already been said. If Gilbert didn't clown David Stern after the fact he probably would still be playing at least until the law pressed charges on him. His mistake was goofing on Stern and pointing his fingers like he had guns before that Philly game. If he came out and apologized for the embarrassing situation and said he'd like to decline further comment in the interest of not embarrassing the league any further he prolly would still be playing.

Heard LeBron James was quoted as saying he knew Gil would get slapped with the suspension as soon as he heard about it. Players are not stupid. They know what they can get away with. I don't buy the 'Arenas is crazy' slant one bit. He knows the rules. He knows guns can't be in the locker room. There are no burglars waiting to jump him in the Wizards shower. He was trying to show off and be cool and it went too far.

I don't blame anyone for carrying a piece. Especially if they go out with that much dough. And pro jocks are prime targets for robbery because they roll with large amounts of cash. But dude, you got to be smarter than brandishing your weapon in the locker room. The best way to carry is to never let anyone know you are.
"Meh. Calling me names on the internet is really no big deal, happens all the time." - e0y2e3
User avatar
Ea$t $ide
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:54 pm
Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Paul Pierce

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:01 pm

Ea$t $ide wrote:Heard LeBron James was quoted as saying he knew Gil would get slapped with the suspension as soon as he heard about it. Players are not stupid. They know what they can get away with. I don't buy the 'Arenas is crazy' slant one bit. He knows the rules. He knows guns can't be in the locker room. There are no burglars waiting to jump him in the Wizards shower. He was trying to show off and be cool and it went too far.


Yeah, he was.

I have never argued this.

Christ people need to learn to read.

Gilbert is widely considered crazy because he does really effing weird things and has serious authority issues. It's the same insanity that gives him the balls to drop 50 footers in your face when he is healthy and pushed him to go from a 2nd rounder to top of leaguer (pre knee explosion). He tends to think he is so great he can get away w/ pretty much anything (he also busts his ass like a man possessed though). It's why the Wizards are sick of him. And he's a nut job. Not a bipolar one, but some wiring in the cats head aint right. This is, again, well documents.

I also never argued that Gilbert was going to get mugged in the locker room. As a matter of fact I said he could by lying about why he brought the guns to the locker room and him bringing them there in the first place (regardless of reason) is a testament to Gil being Gil and thinking there were no consequences. Same reason he kept cocking off after the fact. It bit him in the ass and he deserved it.

Still doesn't mean he's a thug.

Image

Reading comprehension has not had a good week at TCF.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:07 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Reading comprehension has not had a good week at TCF.


Yeah, to be honest I stopped reading at about your 30th paragraph. This is a forum, not a English composition class. No offense meant. I think I basically agree with your take for the most part. But I'm not going to go back and read for an hour to verify it.
"Meh. Calling me names on the internet is really no big deal, happens all the time." - e0y2e3
User avatar
Ea$t $ide
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:54 pm
Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Paul Pierce

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Ea$t $ide wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:
Reading comprehension has not had a good week at TCF.


Yeah, to be honest I stopped reading at about your 30th paragraph. This is a forum, not a English composition class. No offense meant. I think I basically agree with your take for the most part. But I'm not going to go back and read for an hour to verify it.


No problem w/ that, just try this next time though.....

Don't respond to someone unless you read them. juanny idiot has also missed several points I have made because he is too dense to absorb or just trying to skim read as quickly as possible so he can take his next dump all over the thread.

Hell I don't even proofread my crap here (who'd a guessed!), it's all raw stream of conscious, trust me I know that it's just a forum.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:02 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Ea$t $ide wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:
Reading comprehension has not had a good week at TCF.


Yeah, to be honest I stopped reading at about your 30th paragraph. This is a forum, not a English composition class. No offense meant. I think I basically agree with your take for the most part. But I'm not going to go back and read for an hour to verify it.


No problem w/ that, just try this next time though.....

Don't respond to someone unless you read them. juanny idiot has also missed several points I have made because he is too dense to absorb or just trying to skim read as quickly as possible so he can take his next dump all over the thread.

Hell I don't even proofread my crap here (who'd a guessed!), it's all raw stream of conscious, trust me I know that it's just a forum.



Let me ask you this without going back thru the thread because i don't think this was your point. Do you think that the Wizards GM would have asked Stern to suspend Arenas no matter what Gilbert did and it didn't matter that Gilbert gave Stern a big Eff-u via his twitter and the whole finger gun thing? Or do you think that they just seized the opportunity of the suspension to begin thinking of how to get out of his contract?
"Meh. Calling me names on the internet is really no big deal, happens all the time." - e0y2e3
User avatar
Ea$t $ide
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:54 pm
Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Paul Pierce

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:06 pm

I mean that is impossible to answer. Though I would assume Grunfeld was thinking it all along, knew the details of what happened before anyone and was anticipating/expected the results to play out as they did, even if it took longer than it did for Gil to get the axe.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:10 am

I'll take the time to reply specifically to your replies tomorrow eye but for now I can only say stop being a moron. You know the point that I was making, I was NOT making a comparison of the actual act of walking into "da club" with a loaded gun v bringing an unloaded gun into a locker room. I WAS saying that, well screw it I'll just quote it for you again "The point was not about what happened in the presence of the guns in each scenario, it was that little good could come of it, and for the most part there was no need for either situation to occur. Really nothing more than showing off, for both."

Oh and how many athletes did you come up with that were targets? 4, 8, 9?

For fucks sake it is common freakin sense, you take a gun with you where there really is no business for a gun and you are not only asking for trouble you will probably find it.

It is all about choices eye, even with your hero gangsta athletes that obviously can't make a decision to save their lives.

...and for the guy screaming about reading comprehension I suggest going back and giving it a try, and maybe you'll see the part where I said they are either thugs or wannabes. Gilbert didn't quite get to be a thug b/c he got busted while still being a wannabe.

...oh factually speaking of course.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:21 am

And I have no problem w/ this take.

Hell I am fine w/ the law and Stern's handling of this.

People just need to stop this, frankly, black athlete hate that is being dropped.

It's getting real fucking tired.

And I am not pointing at you peeks.
Ok I have to ask, where did anybody at any point mentions anything about a BLACK athlete that is tiring you out so much?

I just re-read the entire thread and didn't see any mention of it anywhere, if I missed it maybe you can point it out to me.

If I didn't miss it then maybe you can be more specific about your projection.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

Unread postby papacass » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:45 am

I don't like where this thread is going. Personal attacks are starting, and we're beginning to get some racial overtones in here that probably aren't going to end up anywhere good.

I think it's time to put this one to bed.
User avatar
papacass
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:35 am
Location: Fairview Park, OH
Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests