Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

jazz selling?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

jazz selling?

Unread postby aoxo1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:01 pm

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Ba ... hos_buying?

Not actually anything there yet, but something to keep an eye on. Easy to see that the Cavs could have interest in Boozer, Okur, Kirilenko, or Millsap. No comment on how I would feel about any of those players.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: jazz selling?

Unread postby papacass » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:47 am

aoxo1 wrote:http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/50406/jazz_sells,_but_whos_buying?

Not actually anything there yet, but something to keep an eye on. Easy to see that the Cavs could have interest in Boozer, Okur, Kirilenko, or Millsap. No comment on how I would feel about any of those players.

Okur might actually fit the Cavs well. Perimeter shooting big man who is essentially a seven-footer (6'-11"). Doesn't bring a ton in the way of defense, and I'd be leery of letting him guard more athletic PFs. But he can slide over to the four, park it on the sideline and wait for the kickout. Career 37% 3PT shooter. Okur is an option, but I'd still rather have Jamison or Murphy over Okur.

Can't see Boozer ending up back on the Cavs, simply because if the Jazz move him, they're trying to get something for him before he would possibly bolt this summer. So they'd be looking for young players with significant upside or high draft picks. To that end, the Cavs can offer D-block, Hix, Boobie and a bottom-five first rounder.

Kirilenko is a SF, makes a ton of money, is always hurt, and the Cavs have a teensy bit of depth at that position with Jamario Moon and that other dude from Akron. Not a good fit.

The Jazz probably consider Millsap a building block for the future, so I can't see them moving him unless it's for a better building block.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA