Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

He's on fire!

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

He's on fire!

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:54 pm

“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: He's on fire!

Unread postby Doc » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:04 pm

They'll screw it up. I love the concept (and bring back Tecmo Super Bowl as well), but I just don't have the faith that the game will be anywhere near as fun as TE. And if it's on the Wii exclusively...I like the Wii, but I'm not sure I want to fling the Wiimote every time I want to take a shot. Give me basic button schemes and an old-school feel with updated rosters, and I'm in. Incorporate physically moving the controller and/or make this game anything other than a port of the NBA Jam TE with new rosters, and I'm out.

While on subject, if anyone knows where I could find a reasonably priced NBA Jam TE arcade machine, lemme know. I've had dreams of my basement having this machine for years.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:52 pm

Some of these developers just don't understand the concept of "don't fix what isn't broken."

Guarantee the game would sell ALOT better if it were just the same old game, but updated rosters. But noooooooooo.

While we're on the subject; why doesn't Nintendo just start manufacturing the old NES and SNES systems. I mean, shit, I'd be buy one fa sho.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby rk » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:While we're on the subject; why doesn't Nintendo just start manufacturing the old NES and SNES systems. I mean, shit, I'd be buy one fa sho.

You don't need 'em to play the games so they wouldn't make any money off it. The Wii has emulators for all and allows you to download old games for $5-$10. I've played more of Mike Tysons Punch Out on my Wii then I've played anything other than Wii Sports.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:40 pm

Doc wrote:They'll screw it up. I love the concept (and bring back Tecmo Super Bowl as well), but I just don't have the faith that the game will be anywhere near as fun as TE. And if it's on the Wii exclusively...I like the Wii, but I'm not sure I want to fling the Wiimote every time I want to take a shot. Give me basic button schemes and an old-school feel with updated rosters, and I'm in. Incorporate physically moving the controller and/or make this game anything other than a port of the NBA Jam TE with new rosters, and I'm out.

While on subject, if anyone knows where I could find a reasonably priced NBA Jam TE arcade machine, lemme know. I've had dreams of my basement having this machine for years.

You can set just about any Wii game to classic control setting. Just turn the remote sideways and use it just like the original Nintendo controller.
"Meh. Calling me names on the internet is really no big deal, happens all the time." - e0y2e3
Ea$t $ide

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Paul Pierce

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:25 pm

You can even plug in a Gamecube controller and use that.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:27 am

Is there still going to be a cheat code for the Beastie Boys on this version?

BTW, the Sonics were dope on NBA Jam. Kemp, Schrempf and... Payton, I think?
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Doc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:14 am

Well, right. But that alternative scheme is likely to be, unfortunately, more complex than it needs to be. Just a hunch, but maybe not because it's on the Wii. I guess I'm just not convinced that a new NBA Jam is going to bring the old school feel. I've got a bad feeling it's a bad game that sells on name recognition. I hope I'm wrong, because I'd be first in line to buy a good NBA Jam game.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA