Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Andy for 6th Man of the Year? Passes Artest in Plus/Minus

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Andy for 6th Man of the Year? Passes Artest in Plus/Minus

Unread postby Juannieboy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:50 pm

Man I love having this guy on the Cavs. Had no idea his +/- was so high league wide. Should get some serious consideration for NBA's best sixth man. Screw Jason Terry! Mavs suck!

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... plus-minus
I'm Polish...what's your excuse?
Juannieboy

Favorite Player: Gary?
Least Favorite Player: Trombone

Re: Andy for 6th Man of the Year? Passes Artest in Plus/Minus

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:56 am

The way Jamal Crawford owned is the home and home series I'd think he would be a good shout
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby papacass » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:58 am

The highly-effective Z-Andy pairing off the bench is the prime argument for why the Cavs should try to find an outside-shooting PF to pair with Shaq. The Cavs would force the other team to sub on their terms, or make awkward switch-offs, because the starting unit would have a post-playing C and perimeter playing PF, where the bench unit would have the opposite.

If Roker starts Shaq and a stretch four, and then subs in Andy midway through the first quarter and Z at the start of the second quarter, the other team's interior D gets turned on its ear. Then you have Powe as a wild card when he comes back.

The Cavs already have pretty good versatility. Adding a stretch four to the mix would give them ridiculous versatility.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Papa Cass wrote:The highly-effective Z-Andy pairing off the bench is the prime argument for why the Cavs should try to find an outside-shooting PF to pair with Shaq. The Cavs would force the other team to sub on their terms, or make awkward switch-offs, because the starting unit would have a post-playing C and perimeter playing PF, where the bench unit would have the opposite.

If Roker starts Shaq and a stretch four, and then subs in Andy midway through the first quarter and Z at the start of the second quarter, the other team's interior D gets turned on its ear. Then you have Powe as a wild card when he comes back.

The Cavs already have pretty good versatility. Adding a stretch four to the mix would give them ridiculous versatility.

I think the only way the Cavaliers can get a player like that is to trade away one of the things that makes them versatile now like Z. Maybe they could pair JJ and Gibson but that isn't going to bring what they're looking for IMO.
"Meh. Calling me names on the internet is really no big deal, happens all the time." - e0y2e3
Ea$t $ide

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Paul Pierce

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:54 pm

My question is are all our of our current pieces playing a significant enough role that we really don't need/want to mess with that in order to fill one hole (a hole that we cover up well enough most times)?
Last edited by FUDU on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby papacass » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Ea$t $ide wrote:I think the only way the Cavaliers can get a player like that is to trade away one of the things that makes them versatile now like Z. Maybe they could pair JJ and Gibson but that isn't going to bring what they're looking for IMO.

Wally's trade rights. If Ferry finds a team just looking for cap relief, he could feasibly sign Wally to a one-year deal and trade him. It would be contingent on Wally's knee being ready for game action, but if he can return and play this year, it is a major windfall for the Cavs. An option that could allow Ferry to make a significant trade without moving Z.

It probably wouldn't work for the purposes of acquiring someone like Antawn Jamison. He's a borderline-elite scoring forward, and Wizards would probably want star-potential talent in return. But if you're looking at someone like David West or Troy Murphy, a Wally S&T is a possibility, I would think.

They might have to part with J.J. in any deal for a decent player, but I'm OK with that. J.J. is probably best-served on a rebuilding team right now. The Cavs need veterans for the rotation, not developing players.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA