Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Simmons BS Report w/Bucher & Stein

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Simmons BS Report w/Bucher & Stein

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:43 pm

Outstanding stuff for these guys, as always.

Check the ESPN site for the Podcast or the link below.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

Seemed a bit harsh on Lebron but I can accept where they are coming from. Interesting thoughts on Cleveland and what still needs to be done.

Major man-love for Kobe.

Celtics have some serious issues and need to do something. Descention in the ranks it seems too.

Only halfway thru Part 1, some folks thoughts?...
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: Simmons BS Report w/Bucher & Stein

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:44 am

Bucher suggesting that we don't need Shaq if LeBron has a legit post up game is absurd. Simmons agreeing with him, is possibly more absurd. LeBron having a post up game doesn't stop Dwight Howard in the paint.

I had to stop listening after that.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:08 pm

FUDU wrote:Bucher suggesting that we don't need Shaq if LeBron has a legit post up game is absurd. Simmons agreeing with him, is possibly more absurd. LeBron having a post up game doesn't stop Dwight Howard in the paint.

I had to stop listening after that.

Bucher isn't even near the same level as Stein and Simmons. No respect for him after this column about the Varejao contract negotiations/signing in 2007:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=bucher_ric&page=varejaobucher-071205

Wonder how much Dan Fegan paid him to write that horseshit.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Doc » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:15 pm

I didn't even listen to the 2nd part. First part kinda just turned me off. Bucher is terrible, and everything they said about the Cavs was off base. Biggest need is another stretch like Ariza? Where would he fit? And LeBron and Andy at the 4/5? For stretches, maybe, but it completely ignores the reason we added Shaq...LA and Orlando. Cavs cannot beat either team with those 2 at those positions.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby diminishingskills » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:23 pm

When (not if) (yes, I am the Official Cavs Homer) this team wins the title, commentators like Bucher will be "explaining" to us unwashed masses that the reason the Cavs won this year is because of Shaq's presence in the middle, and how they were so smart to see that and pursue Shaq, instead of throwing their resources at the Trevor Arizas of the world.

And I will just shake my head. As I know Cass will, as will most others here.
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:35 pm

DiminishingSkills wrote:When (not if) (yes, I am the Official Cavs Homer) this team wins the title, commentators like Bucher will be "explaining" to us unwashed masses that the reason the Cavs won this year is because of Shaq's presence in the middle, and how they were so smart to see that and pursue Shaq, instead of throwing their resources at the Trevor Arizas of the world.

...and they will use this theme as a springboard to their inevitable "Lebron needed Shaq to win a title" angle.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:35 pm

noles1 wrote:Outstanding stuff for these guys, as always.

Check the ESPN site for the Podcast or the link below.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

Seemed a bit harsh on Lebron but I can accept where they are coming from. Interesting thoughts on Cleveland and what still needs to be done.

Major man-love for Kobe.

Celtics have some serious issues and need to do something. Descention in the ranks it seems too.

Only halfway thru Part 1, some folks thoughts?...

no i didn't think they were that harsh on lebron. simmons did say he thought lebron was a better basketball player and has a higher ceiling than kobe and bucher somewhat agreed, but then brought up the issue of being a champion and on that reason alone feels that kobe is the better basketball player. it's the same exact issue when people compare bill russell and wilt chamberlain. lebron and the cavs just need to win the title and shut all these talking heads up. quite frankly i'm just sick of all the (pardon the pun) b.s. just win the title, baby and they will finally stop all their criticism and jump on the lebron/cavs bandwagon.

i did like what they had to say about ron artest not being ron artest anymore and simply trying to live off his past laurels. i thought that was very apparent against lebron and the cavs on christmas day and so it was nice to hear someone from the national media recognize that as well. they also mentioned that kobe is starting to "play the old man's game" like jordan did later in his career, meaning he is shooting more from the perimeter and not taking it to hole as much to dunk, but rather just to draw cheap fouls and go to the line. so much for the "major man-love".

i also laughed at their talk about ragweed wallace being fat & out of shape and comparing him to buddha. as for the dissension on the celtics, sometimes dissension can be a driving force. just look at the oakland a's of the early 70's and the lakers earlier this decade that won 3 titles despite all of the friction between kobe and shaq. ultimately that dissension did lead to their eventual break-up, but it was still a good thing while it lasted.

the one issue that really intrigued me in this podcast though was their discussion about the spurs and whether or not their "big three" of timmah, manu and mister eva longoria are still a factor in the league. they mentioned how nobody bothers to double-team timmah anymore and that richard jefferson has not added any real help to their team and about how the other 2 just can't seem seem to stay healthy. considering that the cavs are somewhat modeled after the spurs, i thought their candid discussion provided some insight as to what could be in store for the cavs some day should they indeed win the title. we can only hope. go cavs!!!

:cavs1:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:52 pm

I assume that cast was done before the Xmas Laker beat down?

FUDU

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:54 pm

davemanddd wrote:i did like what they had to say about ron artest not being ron artest anymore and simply trying to live off his past laurels. i thought that was very apparent against lebron and the cavs on christmas day and so it was nice to hear someone from the national media recognize that as well.

Really? I actually was impressed with Ron-Ron's effort on LBJ. Thought he defended him just about as well as one can. JMO.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:
davemanddd wrote:i did like what they had to say about ron artest not being ron artest anymore and simply trying to live off his past laurels. i thought that was very apparent against lebron and the cavs on christmas day and so it was nice to hear someone from the national media recognize that as well.

Really? I actually was impressed with Ron-Ron's effort on LBJ. Thought he defended him just about as well as one can. JMO.

Agreed.

Plus Ron is one of the leaders right now in terms of DPOY.

Just sayin.

FUDU

Unread postby diminishingskills » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:
DiminishingSkills wrote:When (not if) (yes, I am the Official Cavs Homer) this team wins the title, commentators like Bucher will be "explaining" to us unwashed masses that the reason the Cavs won this year is because of Shaq's presence in the middle, and how they were so smart to see that and pursue Shaq, instead of throwing their resources at the Trevor Arizas of the world.

...and they will use this theme as a springboard to their inevitable "Lebron needed Shaq to win a title" angle.

...which will be in the article titled "Why Cleveland Won't Repeat".
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:54 pm

FUDU wrote:
Hi Oktane wrote:

Agreed.

Just sayin.

were we even watching the same game??? i'm sorry but i wasn't impressed by artest in the least bit. lebron didn't seem to struggle nearly as much as what he usually does against ron and the cavs and lebron pretty much had their way with artest and the lakers. as for him being a candidate for defensive player of the year, just ask yourself if he was on any other team and not the lakers, would he really be up for the award??? eh, not so much.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:58 pm

davemanddd wrote:
FUDU wrote:
Hi Oktane wrote:

Agreed.

Just sayin.

were we even watching the same game??? i'm sorry but i wasn't impressed by artest in the least bit. lebron didn't seem to struggle nearly as much as what he usually does against ron and the cavs and lebron pretty much had their way with artest and the lakers. as for him being a candidate for defensive player of the year, just ask yourself if he was on any other team and not the lakers, would he really be up for the award??? eh, not so much.

Considering Ron is up for the award every year... yes, he would be.

We'll have to see how LeBron does against Artest in close game when he needs to bail out the other guys. He really didn't have to take over in that game, but the true test is what happens when the shooters go cold and the Laker bigs don't struggle as much (or the defense vs them lapses a bit).
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA