Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs / Hawks home and home

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavs / Hawks home and home

Unread postby googleeph2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Papa Cass wrote:Somebody from Not Cleveland saying the Cavs aren't really all that great? Why, that never happens.

The next time I care about any assessment that comes from an ex-jock, Steve Kerr will have made his way back to the broadcast booth.

Yep. The following is from Olddawg, from the Lakers game thread. The lack of acknowledgment of these points from any analyst pretty much diminishes their take on the Cavaliers vs. Lakers and the balance of power:

The more I think about this game, the more I am impressed about it.

Yes, it was the Cavs beating the defending world champions on their own floor in the national spotlight.

However, the most impressive thing to me is how the Cavs responded to a number of situations.

1) After the late 2nd quarter melt down, the momentum had clearly shifted back to the Lakers. How many of us were then predicting 2nd half doom?? The Cavs came back and re-established themselves on both ends of the floor. Very impressive.

2) When the game got physical, the Cavs remained steadfast, and were willing to play physical basketball. And they kept playing physical. They stood their ground. The Lakers, on the other hand, played physical for a while and expected the Cavs to whither. When the Cavs did not whither, the Lakers couldn't handle it and got dirty and whiny.

3) When the Lakers got dirty and whiny, the Cavs took the high road. While they stood up for one another, they did not retaliate or get dirty in response. The Cavs continued to play physical and hold the fort while the Lakers melted down in front of the country.

The physical nature of play the second half reminded me of play-off atmosphere. I think of the old time Lakers-Celtics finals, where no one was allowed to shoot a lay-up by the defense.

The Lakers (Kobe particularly) felt they could just drive to the hoop, throw themselves at the defense, and get a call. I know the commentators were defending Kobe about some of these calls, but if you jump into Shaq, you're gonna fall down, not Shaq. Just the way it is. Like I used to say, if you jump into a briar patch, you're gonna get scratched.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby Cleveland Transplant » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Couple of things:

- Last night in Phillips, despite the booing everytime Lebron got the ball, I saw way more James and Cavaliers jersey's than Hawks. Atlanta has fair weather fans to begin with, and it's a city filled with thousands of people elsewhere. That dunk by Delonte got just as big of a response as anything the Hawks did in that game.

- Watching this game tonight here in Atlanta, it's a relief knowing that I do not have to listen to the horrible, horrible Austin Carr and his partner. The difference between The Hawks and Cavaliers TV broadcasters is night and day.
Cleveland Transplant

Unread postby hugerobot » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:10 pm

at least lebron's shot is falling tonight
hugerobot

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: Derek Anderson

Unread postby CharacterIV » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:11 pm

Where's the defense tonight, fellas?
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

Unread postby CharacterIV » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:27 pm

Cavs better play like they mean it in the second half, or this'll be a disappointing loss.

Come on guys, do it for poor Skip Bayless! Lose tonight, and he's going to have to reverse himself on the compliments he gave out earlier so quickly that he'll get whiplash!

For real, though, they better get together and figure a way to win this one.
CharacterIV

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:05 pm

As I type this, Boobie drains the three to bring us within 2. Here we go, Cavs!!!

And damn, that three looked good...
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:26 pm

"That shot clock was errant, Mike Woodson is up saying how did we lose time. Who cares?

Mo Williams backside fires, no, REBOUND VAREJAO BACK UP YES FOR THE LEAD! CAVALIERS 100-99! MIKE WOODSON CALLS A TIMEOUT, YOU CAN FRY AN EGG ON HIS FOREHEAD RIGHT NOW!"

AWESOME. That "Who cares?" was hilarious.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby comish » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:30 pm

OMG! Andy! WOW
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:31 pm

AWESOME
aoxo1

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:31 pm

Hahahahaha. Wow. AV for three.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:32 pm

comish wrote:OMG! Andy! WOW

Guy's got a pure jumper from up to 22'6" too :cheers:

Where's Pup? :hide:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby CharacterIV » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Okay, the Andy 3 is a gork. But combined with the improbability of the Z3's against Sacramento, I vote our next clutch 3 be taken by Austin Carr. Let's just keep getting more and more improbable. Moondog's up after Uncle Austin.
CharacterIV

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:38 pm

I wrote it in last night's recap but was there any doubt 23 was gonna hang 40+ on some poor bastards after the game he played he last night?

15/23 and 4/6 from deep, 14/16 from the stripe, 10 boards, 6 assists.

That's an answer.

Fun 4th quarter to watch.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby stretch51 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:38 pm

Put me in the column where it says I don't want to see the Atlanta Hawks in the playoffs.
stretch51

Favorite Player: Joe Jakubick
Least Favorite Player: Loy Vaught

Unread postby comish » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Hawks have a legitimate beef with the shot clock snafu. F em....I've suffered far to long to care about other team's misfortunes :fu:
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Peeker643 wrote:I wrote it in last night's recap but was there any doubt 23 was gonna hang 40+ on some poor bastards after the game he played he last night?

15/23 and 4/6 from deep, 14/16 from the stripe, 10 boards, 6 assists.

That's an answer.

Fun 4th quarter to watch.
This post would suffice for the write up of tonight's game.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:44 pm

CharacterIV wrote:Okay, the Andy 3 is a gork. But combined with the improbability of the Z3's against Sacramento, I vote our next clutch 3 be taken by Austin Carr. Let's just keep getting more and more improbable. Moondog's up after Uncle Austin.

Come on man. I know you were watching last year when Z went 15-39 from deep (38.5%).

The only time I was shocked by an Ilgauskas 3 was when he hit a game winner from the top (or was it to send it to OT) against the Spurs (I think?) a few years back. On a designed play.
aoxo1

Unread postby dmiles » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:45 pm

Now if the Suns continue to hold off the Celtics, Cavs can sit comfortably #1.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby Cleveland Transplant » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Atlanta broadcasters were screaming bloody murder with the no-calls, shot clock snafu, and Andy's 3.
Cleveland Transplant

Unread postby CharacterIV » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:50 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
CharacterIV wrote:Okay, the Andy 3 is a gork. But combined with the improbability of the Z3's against Sacramento, I vote our next clutch 3 be taken by Austin Carr. Let's just keep getting more and more improbable. Moondog's up after Uncle Austin.

Come on man. I know you were watching last year when Z went 15-39 from deep (38.5%).

The only time I was shocked by an Ilgauskas 3 was when he hit a game winner from the top (or was it to send it to OT) against the Spurs (I think?) a few years back. On a designed play.

I know, I was referring to the improbability of the fact that he took and made 3 in a row. Regardless, it's not exactly like it's a consistent part of the Cavalier offense. But it could be. And my joke about Austin and Moondog doesn't work if I refer to Ilgauskas' deep barrage as exactly according to plan.
CharacterIV

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:50 pm

stretch51 wrote:Put me in the column where it says I don't want to see the Atlanta Hawks in the playoffs.

Bring 'em. That was their absolute best shot and they still couldn't get it done.

Only reason I don't want to see Atlanta is because I want them to play Boston, a team they match up very well with.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:56 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:
stretch51 wrote:Put me in the column where it says I don't want to see the Atlanta Hawks in the playoffs.

Bring 'em. That was their absolute best shot and they still couldn't get it done.

Only reason I don't want to see Atlanta is because I want them to play Boston, a team they match up very well with.

Cavs on a back to back and the 5th game in 7 nights, with road stops in Houston, Sacramento, LA, and Atlanta. Hawks shoot over 50% for most of the night while Cavs are 10 points below their season average for 3pt%... and the Hawks still lose.

And someone is scared of them?

Sorry Atlanta, but it's time to start over. That roster is never winning a title and no super star or legitimate leadership exists.
aoxo1

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:02 pm

That snafu with the shot clock was a joke. That should never happen and the Hawks have every right to be pissed off about it.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:48 pm

Just got home. Missed the game. What was the shot clock snafu??
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:50 pm

GodHatesClevelandSports just hit this in his twitter. Shaq's B-Day gift to LBJ:

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/12447

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:54 pm

Peeker643 wrote:GodHatesClevelandSports just hit this in his twitter. Shaq's B-Day gift to LBJ:

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/12447
I need to get on Shaq's BDay list!!
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby hugerobot » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:01 am

so what happens if atlanta "wins" the protest about the shot clock? they don't replay the game from that point, do they?
hugerobot

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: Derek Anderson

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:17 am

googleeph2 wrote:
Papa Cass wrote:Somebody from Not Cleveland saying the Cavs aren't really all that great? Why, that never happens.

The next time I care about any assessment that comes from an ex-jock, Steve Kerr will have made his way back to the broadcast booth.

Yep. The following is from Olddawg, from the Lakers game thread. The lack of acknowledgment of these points from any analyst pretty much diminishes their take on the Cavaliers vs. Lakers and the balance of power:

The more I think about this game, the more I am impressed about it.

Yes, it was the Cavs beating the defending world champions on their own floor in the national spotlight.

However, the most impressive thing to me is how the Cavs responded to a number of situations.

1) After the late 2nd quarter melt down, the momentum had clearly shifted back to the Lakers. How many of us were then predicting 2nd half doom?? The Cavs came back and re-established themselves on both ends of the floor. Very impressive.

2) When the game got physical, the Cavs remained steadfast, and were willing to play physical basketball. And they kept playing physical. They stood their ground. The Lakers, on the other hand, played physical for a while and expected the Cavs to whither. When the Cavs did not whither, the Lakers couldn't handle it and got dirty and whiny.

3) When the Lakers got dirty and whiny, the Cavs took the high road. While they stood up for one another, they did not retaliate or get dirty in response. The Cavs continued to play physical and hold the fort while the Lakers melted down in front of the country.

The physical nature of play the second half reminded me of play-off atmosphere. I think of the old time Lakers-Celtics finals, where no one was allowed to shoot a lay-up by the defense.

The Lakers (Kobe particularly) felt they could just drive to the hoop, throw themselves at the defense, and get a call. I know the commentators were defending Kobe about some of these calls, but if you jump into Shaq, you're gonna fall down, not Shaq. Just the way it is. Like I used to say, if you jump into a briar patch, you're gonna get scratched.

Thanks for the mention, google.

Let me take it a step further in explaining how strongly I feel about that Lakers game.

Juxtapose last year's pre-game playful antics (fake photos, hamming it up, etc), with the out-right war in LA. You know, that light-hearted playfulness last year probably really helped the team to keep loose and helped team bonding, etc. It probably made the rigors of an incredibly long, physical and stressful NBA season much more enjoyable and manageable. But to win the sausage, that stuff doesn't go very far. You gotta freakin' roll up the sleeves and be willing to go to war every possession. You gotta strap it on and fight for your team. That grittiness and toughness last year was missing. I hope that LA game was an indicator of a new-found toughness for the Cavs. As far as I am concerned, that was the only dimension missing last year.
OldDawg

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:33 am

Oh, and about the shot clock malfunction... yeah, that sucks. But watched it a few times on Sports Center and they got it pretty much right: the Hawks didn't even seem to realize it and ran a pick and roll. Josh Smith just lost the ball. Not sure that it affected anything.
aoxo1

Unread postby angrybeaver » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:30 am

aoxo1 wrote:Oh, and about the shot clock malfunction... yeah, that sucks. But watched it a few times on Sports Center and they got it pretty much right: the Hawks didn't even seem to realize it and ran a pick and roll. Josh Smith just lost the ball. Not sure that it affected anything.

^^This.

And players have a 24 second clock in their head anyway... Plus the Cavs won by 5, not 2 or 3... so it's hard to argue one possession would have made a difference. I don't think the NBA will uphold the protest for that reason.

But as someone mentioned, if they do, would they replay the game from that point?
jack_tors, on rude treatment by Browns fans vs. Pitt 12/11/09 wrote:"Yeah, she is right, that kind of treatment would NEVER happen in Pittsburgh. I have been there, its so full of culture I thought I was in Paris or Milan."

angrybeaver

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: anti-Big 10/SV crowd

Unread postby statmasta » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:12 am

tired wrote:(headbang) (headbang) Today Skip Bayless goes on record saying the Cavs today as of now are the best team in the nba. Points out there bench even. After all his Lebrick James, Prince James comments he flips and he flops !!!

He actually hasn't flip-flopped. He's always maintained that the Cavs are a great team and that LeBron has one of the best supporting casts in the NBA. No matter who LeBron's teammates are, he always says they're great, just so he can make LeBron look worse.
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:15 am

aoxo1 wrote:Oh, and about the shot clock malfunction... yeah, that sucks. But watched it a few times on Sports Center and they got it pretty much right: the Hawks didn't even seem to realize it and ran a pick and roll. Josh Smith just lost the ball. Not sure that it affected anything.

I'm not understanding this....from the descriptions I've read, its a pretty big stretch for them to assume a W if that shot clock resets....I didn't get to see it....

Who think's the TO was a direct result of the SC screw up?

Wasn't there about a min left?
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Ea$t $ide » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:41 am

JCoz wrote:

I'm not understanding this....from the descriptions I've read, its a pretty big stretch for them to assume a W if that shot clock resets....I didn't get to see it....

Who think's the TO was a direct result of the SC screw up?

Wasn't there about a min left?

The shot clock mess up sucked for Atlanta but it's a HUGE stretch to blame the loss on it. There was like 2 minutes left and they came down and ran the same play they had been running all night. Smith lost the ball not in a rush as has been mentioned. Hey if that's under 24 seconds and the Cavaliers would have had to foul, yeah Atlanta got screwed badly by that. But I think the best Atlanta can argue for is being able to run an extra 17 seconds off the clock. Which in the end they needed. Atlanta ran out of time, not the Cavs.
"Meh. Calling me names on the internet is really no big deal, happens all the time." - e0y2e3
Ea$t $ide

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Paul Pierce

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:48 am

Responding to the post about not wanting to play the Hawks in the playoffs.

They had the Cavs buried and they blew it. Each time the Cavs made the game close, ATL went on a mini run to get the lead back to/close to double digits but the Cavs kept coming back. They had the crowd sitting on their hands for most of the second qtr. They did everything right, up until the 4th. Then, just as they've done on this current win streak, the Cavs clamp down on D and take over the game. 37 points in the second half for Atlanta. Cleveland reduced the number of fast break points last night (11 for Atl) and Cleveland improved by only commiting 8 TO's. This Cavs team is now in Atlanta's head. They threw their best punch at Cleveland but still couldn't knock them out. If the Hawks couldn't win last night, I don't think they feel they can win at anytime here.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:30 am

The last 2 games have told us that a Hawks Cavs playoff series would be a little awesome
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Brantley // Irving
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:53 am

The shot clock fiasco is unfortunate, but ultimately no more significant than a bad foul call that results in some free throw attempts really. Atl still turned the ball over, so to make it sound as if that was somehow directly responsible for a loss is pretty weak IMO.

As far as playing the Hawks in the post season, I would prefer not to. I am always a fan of wanting the easiest road to the finals as possible.

FUDU

Unread postby papacass » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:21 am

Where were the refs in the shot clock fiasco? They're supposed to stop play if there is an issue with the clock. That's what they always do. To me, most of the culpability lies with the refs for failing to intervene and stop the game so the clock problem could be resolved.

Atlanta might lose a fast break opportunity, but it's better than essentially losing an entire possession, which is what happened.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:24 am

If an Atlanta player recognized the issue and heaved up a 3 pointer that went in would they be saying there is a problem?

FUDU

Unread postby papacass » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:39 am

Atlanta now joins Washington as the two NBA towns that hate LeBron and the Cavs with a burning molten-lava passion.

A playoff sweep, then a sweep of a back-to-back, complete with a technical gaffe that the Hawks and their fans wholeheartedly believe cost them the game last night. A gaffe they will almost certainly blame on a homer shot clock operator, and on the NBA for letting it slide -- basically looking the other way because it was LeBron's team.

How many times have we bitched about the same thing in this town? Jordan? The Steelers?

Tomorrow, Atlanta city council will hold a special meeting to approve plans to deconstruct the '96 Olympic torch, re-fashion it as a giant middle finger, and aim it toward Cleveland.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Cleveland Transplant » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:53 am

For as much as the shot clock snafu sucks, Atlanta still didn't prevent Andy from hitting that 3, and Bibby had a clear open shot to send the game in overtime. They still had opportunities and they yet again squandered them.

They didn't get the job done, period.
Cleveland Transplant

Unread postby diminishingskills » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:16 pm

Cleveland Transplant wrote:For as much as the shot clock snafu sucks, Atlanta still didn't prevent Andy from hitting that 3, and Bibby had a clear open shot to send the game in overtime. They still had opportunities and they yet again squandered them.

They didn't get the job done, period.

Let's not forget that they pissed away a 17 point lead to get to that point, too.

Yes, I wish that it had been called correctly. I wish the refs would have immediately noticed the shot clock problem and stopped play to fix it.

But a game refereed by people is not going to be perfect, because people are not perfect. Mistakes can be and are made. We have to accept a certain level of mistakes, and just hope they don't cross a line that suggests intentional manipulation of the game (cough1972 Olympicscough). We recognize that it's never going to be perfect. The refs do as good a job as they can (and if you've ever refereed basketball ... well, I'm impressed they do as good a job as they do, frankly), and as technology advances, we have ever more ways to try to correct the mistakes that are made (such as video review). We'll never have perfect, but hopefully we will at least have fair.

Besides, Josh Smith lost that ball before the shot clock expired, and I'm not sure it would have made any difference if there were 1 or 10 seconds left on the clock.
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:26 pm

googleeph2 wrote:Will Perdue was interviewed the other day on a national radio show. Still believes the Cavs are a notch below Orlando and Boston, and 2 notches below LA.

will perdue??? puh-lease!!! yeah, dude has 4 rings, but it wasn't because of anything he did personally. he was nothing more than a hanger-on to the coat-tails of michael jordan and timmah. now if it was someone else like larry bird or magic johnson saying that, well then i might pay some credence to it. besides, the only reason perdue was even in the nba in the first place was because he was 7 feet tall. cut 6 or 7 inches off him and he doesn't even make it past high school, let alone get a division i college scholarship.

by the way, didn't he goto vanderbilt, the harvard of the south??? you would think he would be smart enough then to understand what we all saw on christmas day, which was a complete and utter domination of the lake show. watching those foam fingers rain down on the court at the staples center was like a triumphal entry with palm branches into jerusalem.

oh and another thing, the cavs also beat orlando in orlando and the only reason the celtics beat the cavs on opening night was because they had their same complete team that they have had for 3 years running while the cavs were playing with 3 new starters for the very first time. the cavs still sprinted out to a 17-point lead in that game. they just couldn't sustain it for a full 4 quarters. if they played that game now with the cavs seemingly acclimated with each other, i would like to think there would be a much different result.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:29 pm

Question: Did ATL even know a shot clock existed before this all went down? Just askin'..
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:53 pm

davemanddd wrote:
googleeph2 wrote:Will Perdue was interviewed the other day on a national radio show. Still believes the Cavs are a notch below Orlando and Boston, and 2 notches below LA.

will perdue??? puh-lease!!! yeah, dude has 4 rings, but it wasn't because of anything he did personally. he was nothing more than a hanger-on to the coat-tails of michael jordan and timmah. now if it was someone else like larry bird or magic johnson saying that, well then i might pay some credence to it. besides, the only reason perdue was even in the nba in the first place was because he was 7 feet tall. cut 6 or 7 inches off him and he doesn't even make it past high school, let alone get a division i college scholarship.

by the way, didn't he goto vanderbilt, the harvard of the south??? you would think he would be smart enough then to understand what we all saw on christmas day, which was a complete and utter domination of the lake show. watching those foam fingers rain down on the court at the staples center was like a triumphal entry with palm branches into jerusalem.

oh and another thing, the cavs also beat orlando in orlando and the only reason the celtics beat the cavs on opening night was because they had their same complete team that they have had for 3 years running while the cavs were playing with 3 new starters for the very first time. the cavs still sprinted out to a 17-point lead in that game. they just couldn't sustain it for a full 4 quarters. if they played that game now with the cavs seemingly acclimated with each other, i would like to think there would be a much different result.

So in order to have any validity, an opinion on a team sport should only be one from a top 10 players of all time? JFC, the guy is offering up his opinion, just like everyone on this board, except he's getting paid for it.
The last I saw, a Legend run team hasn't exactly torn it up recently and we know the results of Magic's coaching (and talk show venture) so I'm to trust their opinion on how good a team looks?

On the play after Atlanta rebounded, when Smith got the ball he never looked up at the shot clock. You would think at some point Bibby would have noticed it, being a PG and all. If you see the clock is wrong, call a TO and make sure the refs are aware of what is happening.

I don't think the appeal will hold up as Smith did not looked rushed as he was making his move towards the basket, just trying to throw something at the rim.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby CharacterIV » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:10 pm

My head wants to say that there's no way the protest stands up. Stern won't want to impugn his refs like that, the video evidence strongly suggests that ATL had no concept of what the clock really even said and only noticed it was incorrect once the play had resolved. My Cleveland fan's heart is fully aware that they will chose to replay the last two minutes of the game in the last week of the season, we will lose the redux and it will cost us the #1 seed.
CharacterIV

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:28 pm

Papa Cass wrote:Atlanta now joins Washington as the two NBA towns that hate LeBron and the Cavs with a burning molten-lava passion.

A playoff sweep, then a sweep of a back-to-back, complete with a technical gaffe that the Hawks and their fans wholeheartedly believe cost them the game last night. A gaffe they will almost certainly blame on a homer shot clock operator, and on the NBA for letting it slide -- basically looking the other way because it was LeBron's team.

How many times have we bitched about the same thing in this town? Jordan? The Steelers?

Tomorrow, Atlanta city council will hold a special meeting to approve plans to deconstruct the '96 Olympic torch, re-fashion it as a giant middle finger, and aim it toward Cleveland.

I wouldn't have it any other way
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Brantley // Irving
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:10 pm

Also, that's on Woodson or a player to notice the clock malfunction and call timeout. The refs absolutely would have given it right back to him once they realized what was going on.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:11 pm

If it was such a big deal to them on the play, as they claim.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby diminishingskills » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:16 pm

CharacterIV wrote:My head wants to say that there's no way the protest stands up. Stern won't want to impugn his refs like that, the video evidence strongly suggests that ATL had no concept of what the clock really even said and only noticed it was incorrect once the play had resolved. My Cleveland fan's heart is fully aware that they will chose to replay the last two minutes of the game in the last week of the season, we will lose the redux and it will cost us the #1 seed.

C-IV, you forgot the part where LeBron, driving home after the game, crashes his new Rolls (okay, his driver crashes his new Rolls) into the vehicle that is carrying the Browns' first-round pick to his first press conference in Cleveland.

Remember, my man: in Cleveland, when it rains, it freaking pours.

You know how Melt is doing that promotion where if you get a tattoo with their logo, you get 25% off for life? I'm wondering if we can convince the Cleveland sports teams to offer discounts on tickets if we get "OIC" ink.
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:19 pm

You know how Melt is doing that promotion where if you get a tattoo with their logo, you get 25% off for life?
Are you serious?

What is a person going to do if, when they eventually go out of business?

Damn if I didn't have Hervé Villechaize on my arm already I'd at least think about it.

FUDU

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA