Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Early Trade Rumors

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Early Trade Rumors

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:45 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Early word is the Clips and the Wizards are both close to completely folding up the chair and blowing it all up.

I dont see anything that the Cavs can do with the Clippers. The only large contracts they have after this year are Baron and Kaman. Everyone else either expires after this year or is named Blake Griffin or Eric Gordon (both likely untouchable). They have about $26mm coming off the books at the end of the year, so our biggest trade chip (Z) wont mean much to them. Our 2nd biggest trade chip (JJ) is even more meaningless to them with Blake G on board.

As much as I'd love to see Baron, Gordon, or Kaman in a Cavs uni, there doesnt seem to be much that can be done.

I'd give them Shaq and Z for Camby in a second.

Obviously not a reality, but about where I see the respective values of the individuals.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby noles1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Didn't want to go thru archives to get the Podcast with Bucher discussing Randolph further. Here's a couple things, plenty more you could find on the right websites.

http://mindofmullin.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... dolph.html
http://warriors.fandome.com/video/11436 ... dolph-Cry/
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1183 ... -armstrong

After getting into this a little more, I'm willing to come around a lot on the kid. He is obviously over-emotional and shows his youth frequently. Talent-wise though, the kid can play and he is getting dicked by the Warriors, Nelson and his teammates.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby JCoz » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:00 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Gradysmanldy wrote:I love his potential, but disagree that JJ doesnt have the same upside. When he got the ball earlier this season consistently, he was putting up 14+ a night. All he needs to learn how to do is play defense, which will come in a season or two.

Antawn Jamison, anyone? Wizards continue to spiral the drain....

Early word is the Clips and the Wizards are both close to completely folding up the chair and blowing it all up.

Whaaaa? I thought the wiz were going to be serious player in the NBA title race this year.

Bet they wish they took that bailout money nowwwww........

Just fuckin with you EO, jokes.......
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby JCoz » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:03 pm

noles1 wrote:Didn't want to go thru archives to get the Podcast with Bucher discussing Randolph further. Here's a couple things, plenty more you could find on the right websites.

After getting into this a little more, I'm willing to come around a lot on the kid. He is obviously over-emotional and shows his youth frequently. Talent-wise though, the kid can play and he is getting dicked by the Warriors, Nelson and his teammates.

I'm not sure I could ever look at Randolph and not see the end of game shot he took against us last year....which was a dick in ear of his teammates....

I'd have nightmares of a play like that in the playoffs. So I'll politely decline on that idea.
JCoz

Unread postby JJN » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:35 pm

JCoz wrote:
noles1 wrote:Didn't want to go thru archives to get the Podcast with Bucher discussing Randolph further. Here's a couple things, plenty more you could find on the right websites.

I'm not sure I could ever look at Randolph and not see the end of game shot he took against us last year....which was a dick in ear of his teammates....

I'd have nightmares of a play like that in the playoffs. So I'll politely decline on that idea.

Are you thinking of Zach Randolf, the chubby offensively gifted and offensive PF once of the Clippers and now of the Grizzlies? I think you have your Randolfs mixed up as I don't remember AR jacking up a shot at the end of a game against the Dubs last year. Anthony is the near 7' beanpole on the Warriors who has the gifts to be everything Lamar Odom could have been, and probably more. Once he gets a jump shot, and a little more weight (which he is reported to have added 10-20lbs last summer), he will be a force.

As far as being over emotional, I really wonder how much is having to deal with Nelson. I wouldn't be happy if I could help my team improve a lot, but only played significant minutes when we only dress 8 players. Hell, I'm 6'3, and I would be furious if Mikki Moore started in the front court ahead of me. If I was AR's size and talent, I'd be mad as hell too.
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Coz, I said point blank they thought the could be but would probably end up blowing it up at the dead-line.

It was worth the shot to see what they had and how their health would come together.

And no one has ever suggested we trade for Z-Bo.

And Mikki Moore and Rob Kurz (who couldn't even wave a towel here) have started in front of Randolph, christ, yeah I would be emotional.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:43 pm

JJN wrote:
JCoz wrote:

Are you thinking of Zach Randolf, the chubby offensively gifted and offensive PF once of the Clippers and now of the Grizzlies? I think you have your Randolfs mixed up as I don't remember AR jacking up a shot at the end of a game against the Dubs last year. Anthony is the near 7' beanpole on the Warriors who has the gifts to be everything Lamar Odom could have been, and probably more. Once he gets a jump shot, and a little more weight (which he is reported to have added 10-20lbs last summer), he will be a force.

As far as being over emotional, I really wonder how much is having to deal with Nelson. I wouldn't be happy if I could help my team improve a lot, but only played significant minutes when we only dress 8 players. Hell, I'm 6'3, and I would be furious if Mikki Moore started in the front court ahead of me. If I was AR's size and talent, I'd be mad as hell too.

I don't know where this dude came from, but between signing up to correct yet another FUDU blunder and now correcting Coz you have legit rookie of the year potential.

2010, of course, aoxo locked up 2009 months ago.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JJN » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:33 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I don't know where this dude came from, but between signing up to correct yet another FUDU blunder and now correcting Coz you have legit rookie of the year potential.

2010, of course, aoxo locked up 2009 months ago.

Thanks. Long time lurker, first time caller.

One more thing I want to note about Randolph (damn phonetics) is that even though he plays for the Warriors, if you pace adjust his stats, they are still very good, and 40 minutes pace adjusted look like this:
18.3 pts, 10.5 rebs, 2 asts, 1.3 stls, 2.1 blks.

For comparison, JJ's (using the same metric) are:
16/8.2/.6/1/1

He will be 20 yrs old all season, has a 7'3"+ wingspan (he grew an inch over the course of the last year), 35" vert. By all accounts I've seen, he has a vert good work ethic. I have no idea if Ferry can make it happen, but as far as big men, there probably isn't another in the league with the potential this kid has. Whether for this team or as a very nice trading chip to try and net a Bosh/A'mare, he is probably one of the best players that has been shopped so far this season.
JJN

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:48 pm

I've been drastically swayed on my feelings on trading for Randolph (and we would have to give up JJ, because word is the Dubs want a PF back) and then probably also some form of cap relief or draft picks.

Putting someone w/ his potential on this squad could potentially sway LBJ to stay/see a potential future running mate.

That said I am still terrified that as soon as Powe was healthy Roker would glue his ass to the bench.

BTW: Friday Randolph had two LBJ style blocks from behind and made two of the sickest passes I have ever seen come from an 7 footer running the open floor (like a PG).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Doc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:55 pm

Would we be expecting to deal Hickson in a deal for AR? Money seems pretty close, per Real GM trade machine. Not sure if we'd be dealing an expiring for cap relief or pick(s) in addition to JJ, but it's definitely an interesting idea.

Also wondering about Wally World. I've seen his name pop up in trade rumors, and just curious about how that would work. I'd assume we'd have to sign him on a 1 year deal and then deal him? Could someone explain this a little bit, particularly what we could offer him? Is it something where we'd sign him to a non-guaranteed deal and then trade him? Or am I way off base?
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby JJN » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Doc wrote:Would we be expecting to deal Hickson in a deal for AR? Money seems pretty close, per Real GM trade machine. Not sure if we'd be dealing an expiring for cap relief or pick(s) in addition to JJ, but it's definitely an interesting idea.

Also wondering about Wally World. I've seen his name pop up in trade rumors, and just curious about how that would work. I'd assume we'd have to sign him on a 1 year deal and then deal him? Could someone explain this a little bit, particularly what we could offer him? Is it something where we'd sign him to a non-guaranteed deal and then trade him? Or am I way off base?

Hickson would most likely be included in the trade, and so would someone else. I think the only way that AR gets moved is if someone takes Maggette's 4yr $40M contract with him. Considering that everyone is on the block, if we are taking Maggette's contract with AR, I would see what else we could get thrown in. Ellis is probably going to be there for a long time, and he does not at all see Curry as being a part of that back court. Wright is out for the year, but another good young player who they might be willing to part with just to get rid of Maggette. Factor in that their GM is a disciple of Nellie, and we may have another Chris Wallace in the making. If we ask for a few crops, we might get the whole farm.

For Wally to be signed and traded, this year's contract would have to guaranteed, but any years after this wouldn't. We could offer Wally a butt-load of money too. I want to say his caphold was in the $17M range, so he can be used to match salaries with anyone we would be after. We can also send Z, because as I understand it, the new rule is that a buyout can be arranged before a trade, but you can't arrange for that player to declare they are going back to the team that traded them, even if it is their intent the whole time. That is the interpretation of the rules that I have seen.
JJN

Unread postby SDM » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:15 pm

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Cavs have interest in AR:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... ess_r.html

"One thing that is sure, says a source, is the Cavs' interest in giving it a try. This week rumors emerged that the Warriors would be willing to trade Randolph and the Cavs have announced their interest. Cavs coach Mike Brown fell in love with Randolph before his rookie season after draft workouts and seeing him at summer league."
SDM

Favorite Player: Delonte West
Least Favorite Player: Bruce Lee Bowen

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Do I get a trophy?

And shouldn't it be comeback poster of the year? Or is this MLB rules and 4 posts isn't enough service time?

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/boards/v ... 11e30425da
http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_ ... ?blgId=231

Forgot the password when I came back, hence the 1 on the end.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:04 pm

Yeah 4 Posts aint shit, although your CS days could technically could make you comeback poster of the year.

As for a trophy, well, take your fifty bones and eat it.

And from the above linked article the interest in Troy Murphy should also be pointed out. Either of them would make us much scarier come the playoffs.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby fundamentals » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:54 pm

Doc wrote:Would we be expecting to deal Hickson in a deal for AR?

A mask, because in my opinion, this would be an absolute steal for the Cavaliers.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:00 pm

Hickson, Shaq, Wally, whatever. Just make a move Ferry.

You see the same thing that we have seen thus far. This team is not good enough to compete consistently at the upper echelon.

This team is the antithesis of last year's team. I want to vomit 85% of the time. It's obnoxious.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Unread postby pup » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:50 am

Danny will ask for too much from the Warriors. We will offer JJ, but require them to buy him out so we can have him back and they will have to include a 1st rounder for us.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:50 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Coz, I said point blank they thought the could be but would probably end up blowing it up at the dead-line.

It was worth the shot to see what they had and how their health would come together.

And no one has ever suggested we trade for Z-Bo.

And Mikki Moore and Rob Kurz (who couldn't even wave a towel here) have started in front of Randolph, christ, yeah I would be emotional.

And like I said, EO, just jokes as far as your name in this mess goes. But clearly our opinions of what washington has will always be pretty far apart.

I still just don't understand what would have made them think it ever could work in the first place beyond being entertaining for stretches. That team was never going to win shit, IMO.

As for Randolph, yeah, I just shot and missed on that one. Saw the name Randolph and reacted.
JCoz

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:34 pm

If Ferry can put together a highlight reel that proves to GS that Hickson isn't just another brain dead athlete like they think AR is, this deal should be pretty easy. If we have competition for AR, we just offer to take on Magette's anchor. They should be eager, and I don't think asking for a 1st rounder would be out of the question. It's only money, and not mine, and, as someone pointed out, preserving over-cap space actually has some value. (Roker would probably do a Peeker brain melt thinking of how to get AR and Magette into the rotation though.)

What gets complicated is whether we offer them Z with a buyout, or burn Wally now. I don't know the rules on Wally - presumably Stern would frown on a complete sham $15M contract - this is where Ferry might have to pull in some chits with Stern to up what's allowable. The key is to remain in the running for a real player to add at the deadline, Bosh of course is the holy grail, but maybe (sheesh) Jamison if that's all that's left on the bargain rack. AR seems to have more buzz in the league than JJ, so that doesn't hurt us. Can we trade and resign Z now, and then trade and resign him again? Doesn't seem likely. Since we'd have to take on bad contracts for Bosh or Antawn, maybe we need to hang onto Z. I'm taking it for granted that, like Cass, Ferry won't consider trading Shaq this year, even for Bosh.

Cass, you're the acknowledged cap genius - care to enlighten us on the Wally/Z rules?
Frank Duffy

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:40 pm

I don't know the rules on Wally - presumably Stern would frown on a complete sham $15M contract - this is where Ferry might have to pull in some chits with Stern to up what's allowable.

Any trade involving Wally would be similar to the Jason Kidd deal from a couple years ago. In that one, Stackhouse blabbed that he'd get bought out and sign with the Mavs, illegal to do in the NBA, and he was barred from the trade. Enter retired Keith Van Horn. He was signed to a multi-year deal with only the first year being guaranteed with a salary purely to make the salaries in the trade match up. The only thing required of Wally would be to sit on the bench in a suit for his new team.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby papacass » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Frank Duffy wrote:If Ferry can put together a highlight reel that proves to GS that Hickson isn't just another brain dead athlete like they think AR is, this deal should be pretty easy. If we have competition for AR, we just offer to take on Magette's anchor. They should be eager, and I don't think asking for a 1st rounder would be out of the question. It's only money, and not mine, and, as someone pointed out, preserving over-cap space actually has some value. (Roker would probably do a Peeker brain melt thinking of how to get AR and Magette into the rotation though.)

What gets complicated is whether we offer them Z with a buyout, or burn Wally now. I don't know the rules on Wally - presumably Stern would frown on a complete sham $15M contract - this is where Ferry might have to pull in some chits with Stern to up what's allowable. The key is to remain in the running for a real player to add at the deadline, Bosh of course is the holy grail, but maybe (sheesh) Jamison if that's all that's left on the bargain rack. AR seems to have more buzz in the league than JJ, so that doesn't hurt us. Can we trade and resign Z now, and then trade and resign him again? Doesn't seem likely. Since we'd have to take on bad contracts for Bosh or Antawn, maybe we need to hang onto Z. I'm taking it for granted that, like Cass, Ferry won't consider trading Shaq this year, even for Bosh.

Cass, you're the acknowledged cap genius - care to enlighten us on the Wally/Z rules?

Macphisto is the cap genius, but he's no longer posting here. From what I understand, these are the rules as pertaining to Z and Wally:

Z: If Z is traded and is bought out of his contract, he can sign with any team besides the Cavs immediately. He has to wait 30 days to re-sign with the Cavs, during which he'll probably need to consider all offers from teams so that it doesn't look completely like he's biding his time until he can re-sign here. Wherever he goes, the deal will likely be for one year and something close to the veteran's minimum.

Z can't be signed and traded twice between now and the deadline. Once a player is signed to a new contract, there is a hold period of I think 60 days before that player can be dealt. S&T scenarios are the exception, and they follow very specific guidelines for what can and can't be done.

I expect that the current buyout rules will be re-done in the next CBA. The Celtics benefitted greatly from the buyout rules in their title-winning season, plucking Sam Cassell and P.J. Brown from the clearance rack. The Cavs got Joe Smith back on a buyout. The Pistons nickel-slugged Dyess back from the Nuggets early last year. It's a loophole, and if Z is dealt, gets a buyout and re-signs here, it will only reinfornce to the league that certain teams are benefitting from the setup more than others.

I think you'll see some kind of a waiver system put in place with the next CBA, so that players who are released from their contracts can't just become UFAs. It might be something similar to baseball's system, where the worst teams have the right of first refusal, and teams can place a claim to block other teams. Then, when a player is bought out, there is an order as to where they can go. Right now, the NBA's system is ripe for, say, a healthy T-Mac to get bought out by the Rockets, go to a contender and violently shift the balance of power in a conference for basically nothing more than a vet's minimum contract.

Wally: The KVH example is a good one. Basically, Wally is a UFA. He's not under contract but he hasn't filed his retirement paperwork. But the Cavs still control his trade and Bird rights (and I believe still have a cap hold for a percentage of his '08-'09 salary) until he either signs somewhere or retires.

What that means is the Cavs can negotiate a S&T with another team looking for cap relief. But the NBA is going to be watching to make sure the deal isn't a total sham. Wally would need to be able to play, which means his knee has to be game-ready. He can't just go to a team, sit on the inactive list and never dress. Like if Brad Daugherty had never filed his retirement paperwork, the Cavs couldn't just ink him to a 1-year deal in January and trade him to a team looking for cap relief. Basically, the deal can't be a total competitive farce.

Other than that, if Wally, the Cavs and another team can make it work, the deal can happen. The Cavs are still eligible to use their rights to Wally in a deal.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:22 pm

Frank Duffy wrote:I'm taking it for granted that, like Cass, Ferry won't consider trading Shaq this year, even for Bosh.

???
aoxo1

Unread postby fundamentals » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:25 pm

T Mac for threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :dingle:
Pup, you know it's going to come to fruition, only a matter of time before he is with the Cavaliers. :hide:

Again, if the Cavaliers can get A. Randolph for Hickson, do it now.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby pup » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:16 pm

fundamentals wrote:T Mac for threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :dingle:
Pup, you know it's going to come to fruition, only a matter of time before he is with the Cavaliers. :hide:

Only way Andy raises above the bottom rung on the ladder.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:33 am

Nice stuff, Cass. Much appreciated.

If it's all close to true, we have two full shots left, Z at $11M and Wally at whatever. We could go for AR now, for JJ, for a test ride, and then if Bosh or someone else real comes loose later, we can still go for it with or w/o AR.

Ao, my point was that Cass seemed to suggest Ferry will be justified in thinking we won't know if the Shaq experiment is working until well after the trade deadline. So even if Bosh frees up, Ferry may well think we need Shaq's bulk to match up - Bosh is listed at 6' 10" 230. DHoward is at 6'11" 265; Bynum at 7' 285; Even KG is listed at 6'11" 250. To get Bosh in trade we'd have to begin by giving up JJ (or AR) and probably another big, like AV. Doesn't leave us much up front. At any rate, with our other expirers, trading Shaq likely wouldn't be necessary.
Frank Duffy

Unread postby aoxo1 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:51 am

Frank Duffy wrote:Nice stuff, Cass. Much appreciated.

If it's all close to true, we have two full shots left, Z at $11M and Wally at whatever. We could go for AR now, for JJ, for a test ride, and then if Bosh or someone else real comes loose later, we can still go for it with or w/o AR.

Ao, my point was that Cass seemed to suggest Ferry will be justified in thinking we won't know if the Shaq experiment is working until well after the trade deadline. So even if Bosh frees up, Ferry may well think we need Shaq's bulk to match up - Bosh is listed at 6' 10" 230. DHoward is at 6'11" 265; Bynum at 7' 285; Even KG is listed at 6'11" 250. To get Bosh in trade we'd have to begin by giving up JJ (or AR) and probably another big, like AV. Doesn't leave us much up front. At any rate, with our other expirers, trading Shaq likely wouldn't be necessary.

Please lay off the crack.
aoxo1

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:12 am

aoxo1 wrote:
Frank Duffy wrote:Nice stuff, Cass. Much appreciated.

Please lay off the crack.

haha no kidding, for some reason I felt compelled to read that as fast as possible. It made me dizzy
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:16 am

Thanks boys, appreciate the input. Ziner, might not have been the post that did that.
Frank Duffy

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:22 am

Frank Duffy wrote:Thanks boys, appreciate the input. Ziner, might not have been the post that did that.

good point :cheers:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby fabs227 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:09 pm

I don’t think Zach Randolph is the answer. I honestly think Antawan Jamison would be a better fit for this team at this point in time. Although, it might be unrealistic to think Washington would ever give him up. He would fill a huge need at this moment in time. In long term aspects, I believe the CAVS should look at trying to trade for a young, talented big man. Yes, Anthony Randolph has the talent, but you might be getting the same thing as JJ Hickson. I will be the first to admit, I didn’t think JJ Hickson would even be doing what he was doing now. I am impressed with his development, but they need to win now! I considered him a bench player to develop over 3-4 years. He really should have stayed another year or 2 at NC State. I do have a feeling that come trade time something big will end up happening, because this team is missing something. I think a mentally health Delonte West makes this team better, but some ingredient is missing. I loved the additions of Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon in the offseason. Ultimately, if I was Danny Ferry, I would make a couple of phone calls on Antawan Jamison, Anthony Randolph, Rudy Gay, Troy Murphy or a Mike Dunleavy.
fabs227

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:35 pm

Anthony Randolph has more talent in his left leg than JJ.

Can we remember that his D last night was still so so and 90% of his points are LBJ specials (admittedly, he does show some nice post moves from time to time).

If Washington blows it up a 32 year old 3ish years left Jamo is probably the first to go.

And Zach Randolph can suck my balls.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:58 pm

In other new the Jazz just traded Eric Maynor and Matt Harping to OKC for..... nothing

The NBA, where trading young talent for not a damn thing if you can move a bad contract happens!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:21 pm

Pelton and others have already been over this being theft, but most of you don't care.

Now Windy on it:

PDcavsinsider: I'd like to report a theft, Thunder just took Eric Maynor for nothing. Add it to indictment with Nenad Kristic matter. (4 minutes ago from TweetDeck)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:39 pm

Just saw this deal and came right here...

That is a theft and the ONLY explanation is that something must have went apeshit with Sloan to make that deal.

I mean, I can understand getting Harping off the books to an extent but to give up Eric Maynor, a guy with some legitimate starting PG potential atsome point and get NOTHING in return is a crock.
noles1

Unread postby swerb » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:01 pm

Great pickup for the Thunder. Love Maynor's game. Jazz had a glut of young G's with Maynor, Deron, Wes Matthews, Brewer, Ronnie Price.

Jazz ... Harprings big contract was costing em like 13 mill this year cause it put em into luxury tax land.

Big chunk of change. Can see why they did it. But tough to give away a good young player like that.

Love what Oklahoma City has going on. One legit front court scorer, one more year of seasoning for Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Maynor and crew away from being a legit threat to go very deep in the playoffs.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:53 pm

As, I think it was Windy said earlier, Sam Presti is taking absurd cap space and doing something w/ it other than signing over priced FA's while leaving himself enough space to pick up a huge asset down the line.

Guy is reinventing the wheel. Between him, Buford/Pop and Morey right now for best in the game.

*and before JB goes JB Durant being locked up gave him that option
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:57 am

This is all Boozer's fault.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:14 am

With Greg Oden done for the year, Joel Przybilla has been starting at center for the Blazers. Last night Przybilla tore his patella and is likely out for the year as well. The Blazers have said they will now be starting 50 year old Juwan Howard, who hasnt been a starter for 4 years. Behind him will be Jeff Pendergraph, who made his NBA debut last night.

So how do we get Z in a Blazer uniform?
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:22 am

At this point the Blazers just have to punt the season and not mortgage the future.

I mean they were granted a freaken hardship roster spot last week because of the 15 rotation players that went down and it just keeps getting worse.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:30 am

Analyzing their roster, there's not even much I'd be interested in (outside of Brandon Roy of course, but last I checked Chris Wallace doesnt run the Blazers).

Andre Miller would not really work here for the same reasons he hasnt worked in Portland (needs to start, needs to dominate the ball). Steve Blake? Eh. He bring nothing to the table for the Cavs. Jerryd Bayless would be a nice young talent, but he makes way too little to be the centerpiece of a trade.

Martell Webster and Nicloas Batum are slightly intriguing.

The rest of the team is hurt.

Basically what I'm getting at is, does LaMarcus Aldridge help the Cavs? And would the Blazers be desperate enough to move him in a deal for a center?
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby pup » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:33 am

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Analyzing their roster, there's not even much I'd be interested in (outside of Brandon Roy of course, but last I checked Chris Wallace doesnt run the Blazers).

Andre Miller would not really work here for the same reasons he hasnt worked in Portland (needs to start, needs to dominate the ball). Steve Blake? Eh. He bring nothing to the table for the Cavs. Jerryd Bayless would be a nice young talent, but he makes way too little to be the centerpiece of a trade.

Martell Webster and Nicloas Batum are slightly intriguing.

The rest of the team is hurt.

Basically what I'm getting at is, does LaMarcus Aldridge help the Cavs? And would the Blazers be desperate enough to move him in a deal for a center?

So they can play Howard at PF?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:39 am

Things the Blazers will do when hell Freezes over:

Trade a player they deemed a core piece and gave $56MM a half season into his contract to lose in the first round of the playoffs by playing small ball w/ Z plodding around at center.

Love the enthusiasm, but this is up there w/ Bosh and Paul dreams.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:45 am

I feel like i'm the only one that's legitimately concerned about what happens should we make a major (starter component) trade with this team.

While I don't feel that the makeup is perfect, I think Danny has to sleep in the bed he made; it's incredibly difficult to incorporate major peices on the fly. (Remember 2 years ago when we got sczerbs and delonte and ben....while the move was a MAJOR upgrade, there was some serious growing pains. Wasn't until the offseason that we became world beaters)

I'd love an Antawn or AR or Murphy as much as the next guy, but I feel like unless it's a no brainer (SJax, Bosh, Gay) it's going to be high risk/high reward.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:03 pm

Of course it should be an impact player, but this bull shit chemistry take can eat my left nut.

Chemistry got us shit last year and cost us a huge asset (unless we use Wally this year).

Chemistry got us a roster w/ two guys on it that can take the ball to the hole and JJ fucking Hickson starting at the four.

Chemistry got us in a position we HAD to get a fat Shaq.

Chemistry built a team that can beat any of the big four in a playoff series but, IMO cannot beat them all in a row unless lightening strikes.

FUCK that.

We were closer to winning a title, realistically the year we brought in Delonte, Ben and Wally than we were last year (The 2009 Lake show would have taken a piss on us, whereas we could have beat the Lake Show of 2008).

In short fuck chemistry, fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it.

Make this team better in the here and now, if that means brining in a potential future stud like Randolph, a current stud like Jamo, or a player that is both like Gay (who has played himself into going nowhere unless Chris Wallace has another stroke).

Again, say it w/ me, F U C K C H E M I S T R Y

PS: what do you think having a here and then gone Redz has done to the "chemistry?" Yet we have survived.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Right, because acquiring one high end player causes as much upheaval as acquiring 4 new guys who are playing heavy minutes.

Nevermind that the Celtics STILL needed a Game 7 in the Garden and the greatest performance in Pierce's career to put that team away.

It's a good thing the Lakers didn't make a midseason trade for Pau Gasol a couple years ago. He really effed that team in the a.

And this might be the the first and last time I see SJax called a sure thing compared to Jameson or Troy Murphy.
aoxo1

Unread postby pup » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Of course it should be an impact player, but this bull shit chemistry take can eat my left nut.

Chemistry got us shit last year and cost us a huge asset (unless we use Wally this year).

Chemistry got us a roster w/ two guys on it that can take the ball to the hole and JJ fucking Hickson starting at the four.

Chemistry built a team that can beat any of the big four in a playoff series but, IMO cannot beat them all in a row unless lightening strikes.

FUCK that.

We were closer to winning a title, realistically the year we brought in Delonte, Ben and Wally than we were last year (The 2009 Lake show would have taken a piss on us, whereas we could have beat the Lake Show of 2008).

Make this team better in the here and now, if that means brining in a potential future stud like Randolph, a current stud like Jamo, or a player that is both like Gay (who has played himself into going nowhere unless Chris Wallace has another stroke).

PS: what do you think having a here and then gone Redz has done to the "chemistry?" Yet we have survived.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:07 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Of course it should be an impact player, but this bull shit chemistry take can eat my left nut.

FUCK that.

+inf
aoxo1

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:10 pm

BTW:
Warriors coach Don Nelson plans to let Randolph handle the ball and initiate the offense on a more regular basis going forward, the Contra Costa Times reports. Nelson seems to be on the verge of loosening the reins on Randolph a bit. "You ain't seen nothing yet. He's going to be a blessed guy if he can mentally prepare himself and handle what I'm going to give him," said Nelson. If Nelson actually sticks to his guns and gives Randolph an expanded role, the second-year forward could finally start living up to his sleeper status.

I'd say its more of a showcase idea than anything else.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:42 pm

I didn't say if I could trade places with Ferry that I would DO it, just said that it makes me concerned. Seems it's a problem with THIS team, regardless of how other teams (Orlando this year) seem to roll with the punches.

And Gasol wasn't enough immediately to put LA over the top; took an offseason to get him clicking on all cylinders. (Or the return of a healthy Bynum. Either way) It also took an otherworldly performance by Paul Pierce to knock us out.

I feel that SJax is/was a sure thing in Mike Brown's defense first system. Length, Athleticism, Defensive Intensity, and ability to hit an open jumper.

And Delonte is the case-in-point for chemistry on this team; when he is on his game, the Cavs usually look like world beaters. When he's not, they struggle.

I'm still horny for a good frontcourt option that can play defense, in the post, and run in transition....*coughjamisoncough* regardless of the consequences.

EDIT: Though, in retrospect, Jamison only does two of those. Fuck me.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby CharacterIV » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Chemistry got us shit last year and cost us a huge asset (unless we use Wally this year)...

...In short fuck chemistry, fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it fuck it...

...Make this team better in the here and now, if that means brining in a potential future stud like Randolph, a current stud like Jamo, or a player that is both like Gay (who has played himself into going nowhere unless Chris Wallace has another stroke)...

I cannot disagree. Though if Ferry didn't deal Wally last year because he just KNEW no one would pick him up, allowing us to keep him for this season in a malleable Van Horn-esque capacity as a contract for trading, then he is an absolute gangsta'. I seriously doubt this is the case.

I appreciate the value of chemistry, having a team where all the horses are pulling in the same direction. But even if your horses are working in perfect synchrony, odds are still you will lose to a team that has horses that are just bigger, faster and stronger. Gimme a new stud horse or two. I'd rather hope they can fit in with team concept than hope team concept can cover lack of talent and athleticism.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA