Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

All Star games

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

All Star games

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:38 pm

Not sure what forum to put this in, but thought I'd put it here since the NBA all-star game just finished.

I agree with Jeff's article that most all-star games are pretty much irrelevent now. The actual GAME on NBA All-Star weekend is a joke, and a mockery of the game if you ask me. The NFL Pro Bowl is as well.

But, I have to disagree that they all are. To me, the MLB All-Star game is still must see TV. Sure, you get the matchups in interleague play and do see thses players often on Sportscenter and MLB Extra Innings. But, the MLB All-Star game is the only all-star game which truly plays like a game. You don't see pitchers lobbing meatballs up to the plate so hitters can hit home run after home run (is comparison to how the NBA defenders let player after player get through the lane and dunk and dunk and dunk). I don't see Pujols, Santana, Tejada, Halladay, etc taking plays off or just playing the game like a pick up game.

And, there is something about the All-Star game in baseball....I can't put my finger on it....maybe because it is arounf the July 4th holiday....or because it is a nice summer night.....but the game just has a great feel to it.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby mswerb » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:59 pm

I personally think the NBA All Star game is strictly for entertainment, I like seeing the alley-oops and no defense. This all star game has no significance whatsoever. The MLB all star game is more competetive than football, which should be done away with, if you ask me.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA