Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Jason Kidd to the Cavs?????

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Jason Kidd to the Cavs?????

Unread postby GreatGoo » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:18 pm

From realgm:

Continued Interest in J-Kidd: There have been continued rumors that both the Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Lakers are interested in the Nets’ Jason Kidd. According to Peter Vecsey the Lakers offered New Jersey a couple of first-round draft picks and several expiring contracts. Personally, I think Kidd would be a better fit in Cleveland, alongside LeBron James. The Cavaliers could offer New Jersey a first-round pick, a decent pass-first point like Eric Snow, and the expiring contracts of a guy like Scot Pollard. As far as New Jersey is concerned the Lakers have more to give, but I wouldn’t doubt that Kidd would rather play with James.

http://realgm.com/src_feature/810/20070212/kidd_gasol_granger_brees_jeter_on_bernie_and_howards_cash/
"If sport is to have any value at all, the road traveled, even when it leads to a dead end, should always be a trip worth taking. Without the pain, the champagne, when it finally flows, will have no taste."
GreatGoo
Awaiting First Championship

Favorite Player: TBD
Least Favorite Player: Larry Hughes

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:39 pm

I don't think we have enough to go after Kidd. The Nets would have to wait for any first rounder we'd give them because of the Stepien Rule. Since we've given up this year's pick we cannot give up one of our own first rounders until 2009.

We have a lot of wing talent and the Nets are not lacking in that department. They may want a PF and could have an interest in a wing guy since they are reportedly trying to move Carter too, so Pavlovic might be intriguing to them.

I don't see it happening and I'm not sure that I'd want to sacrifice the talent. Kidd is a great player but trading for him might make us thin up front and that would not be good.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby docstank » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:07 pm

Surely the Nets do not have any interest in Z, do they?
It is kind of interesting both Z and Kidd will both be out of action this week.
Z with his "personal stuff" and Kidd with a "back" condition.
Wishful Thinking.
stank
docstank

Unread postby papacass » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:41 pm

Don't forget that Vescey is part of the NYC media machine. He has to keep coming up with fresh, interesting angles otherwise his scribblings will get lost in the shuffle.

I try not to get caught up in what the columnists say. When team beat reporters start talking, there is a much better chance of something actually being up.

As for Kidd, can't see it happening for all the reasons that have been stated previously. He's making way too much and the Cavs don't have enough pieces to intrigue the Nets even if they could match the dollars.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:17 pm

Gooden would be one of the more likely guys they'd be interested in him but his BYC status (which expires in August) makes him hard to trade without a third party. It's be easier with such a large contract because the difference could get eaten up in the 25%+$100,000 differential you're allowed in trades, but I think in that situation we would just be weaken one part of the roster to strengthen another.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA