Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Would this work?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Would this work?

Unread postby pup » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:25 pm

Could the Cavaliers get away with this lineup?

PG - Gibson
SG - Hughes
SF - Sasha
PF - LBJ
C - Andy

That is a pretty athletic first 5. LeBron is big enough to guard most 4's and the ones he would have a hard time with would never be able to check him.

Just grasping at a straw here. Something has to get this team moving. This would also make me more confortable with the sure trade of Drew Gooden we are all waiting for.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Dozen » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:21 pm

Starting? For how many minutes a game? The only thing with AV as center and his tendency to get fouls in bunch's. I see them moving AV before Gooden though.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:51 pm

Andy is amuch better player at 20 minutes a game than 35. That being said, he is a better player for a winning team than Gooden. Hopefully there is one more team out there that will fall for Gooden's "potential"
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby pup » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:58 pm

You would still have all the same amount of minutes available to spread around. I just think getting this team out and running early in games would give them an advantage. LeBron will still see more time at the 3. Sasha would see minutes at the 2 and the 3. Hughes at the 1 and the 2.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Dozen » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:05 pm

It doesnt sound like a bad idea. I just dont think Brown would do something like this, it took him til last week to replace Snow for christ sake.

Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:44 pm

Yeah, he didn't "respect Sasha's game" yet a bumb like Snow has been disgracing the NBA starting position for 2 years now.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Dozen » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:49 pm

Well, heres todays comments after practice. It's so obvious the team has no respect for Brown

Lebron: "our offense sucks, we have athletes who can get out and run but our offense is like a boat anchor around our waist. Something has to change in our game plan"

Hughes: "We are young and athletic team thats forcing half court offense. Something has to change"

Coach Brown: "I'm not the kinda guy who just changes philosophies in mid season, I talked to Popovich, when I won a ring with Pop, Pop told me, Pop got booed too, Pop's tears can cure cancer

Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Unread postby pup » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:18 pm

Pop's tears can cure cancer

When did Pop turn into Jack Bauer?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:20 pm

One problem is the anchor that Lebron speaks of is making about 20 mil, is lost, can easily be taken out of games by teams and worst of all is untradeable. The Cavs have brought all this upon themselves. A horrible, horrible horrible....horrible organization.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Dozen » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:56 am

When did Pop turn into Jack Bauer?

Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Re: Would this work?

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:57 am

Pup wrote:Could the Cavaliers get away with this lineup?

PG - Gibson
SG - Hughes
SF - Sasha
PF - LBJ
C - Andy

That is a pretty athletic first 5. LeBron is big enough to guard most 4's and the ones he would have a hard time with would never be able to check him.

Just grasping at a straw here. Something has to get this team moving. This would also make me more confortable with the sure trade of Drew Gooden we are all waiting for.

i don t think av is a big enough scorer and z is our best ft shooter
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Brantley // Irving
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby pup » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:45 am

We have 4 guys on the floor who would have the primary responsibility of scoring. AV does not have to score, except off the offensive glass.

Just because this is the starting lineup, it does not mean other guys are out of the rotation. I am just looking for a better way to get this team into a flow. Split the 48 minutes at center up, Andy gets 20, Z gets 20 and Yell gets 8. If Z is needed down the stretch to hit free throws, wouldn't he be fresher, therefore better? Play Z 5 minutes a quarter.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:49 am

Pup wrote:

We have 4 guys on the floor who would have the primary responsibility of scoring. AV does not have to score, except off the offensive glass.

Just because this is the starting lineup, it does not mean other guys are out of the rotation. I am just looking for a better way to get this team into a flow. Split the 48 minutes at center up, Andy gets 20, Z gets 20 and Yell gets 8. If Z is needed down the stretch to hit free throws, wouldn't he be fresher, therefore better? Play Z 5 minutes a quarter.

isnt that what i and other snow defenders say about Eric??

his job isnt to score but to defend and create points.

yet everyone wants him gone
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Brantley // Irving
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby pup » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:58 am

isnt that what i and other snow defenders say about Eric??

his job isnt to score but to defend and create points.

yet everyone wants him gone

How many points does Eric get off the glass? How many easy buckets does he get other guys? That is so far from a logical conclusion, it almost pains me to respond.

And Eric Snow, much like Andy, is fine in stretches. I just think the timing of those stretches need to be modified. There are NO easy baskets for this team right now, so throw your most athletic team on the floor to start and see if you can't find some easy baskets out of the gate. I am not bashing Z, or Snow or anyone else. They can keep the break-up of minutes identical to what they are now, just in a different order.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby OSU Bucks Crazy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:10 pm

they'll get rid of andy before drew because andys going to want 8 or 9 mil by the end of the year through free agency........i want sasha to start over larry anywayz
O_H_I_O
OSU Bucks Crazy

Unread postby Dozen » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:11 pm

I will bash Snow, he flippin terrible! If Snow is any good why does no one guard him? Watch when he brings the ball up the court. They drop into a zone taking the lanes away from LBJ and Hughes who are supposed to be slash type scorers. And Gibson may be better but he's not the true type PG team needs. AV is ok, yeah he's a fan favorite and gives the team a ton of energy. But he is one of the only pieces teams want to make a trade. I'd hate to get rid of him, but theres already talk he'll be seeking a 5yr/70 million deal this offseason. He is no where near worth it, but the NBA is littered with horrible contracts.

Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:02 pm

The Snow situation is just disgusting. Now we're hearing, "He's fine for a stretch" or "they could still use a defensive guard" Fine, allthough I think the guy still stinks, if that's your take fine. BUT NOT FOR 6.3 THIS YEAR AND 7 MILLION NEXT YEAR AND 7.5 MILLION THE FOLLOWING YEAR WHEN HE'S 95 YEARS OLD AND, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, DIGRESSING.

This is without a doubt the worst player/contract situation in the league and by in two years will be approaching the most ridiculous of all time.

We can twist the Cavs all we want, they are paralyzed with poor contracts, they can't make a big trade, and they really don't have much talent here. They will be worse in two years because this is the team they are stuck with and they will really drop off when Lebron has had enough in three.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:08 pm

they'll get rid of andy before drew because andys going to want 8 or 9 mil by the end of the year through free agency........i want sasha to start over larry anywayz

They would have money to resign Andy if they wouldn't have blown it on other bums. And, Sasha is another classic Cav move. First, do you think he is going to stay with a coach that "doesn't respect his game" By the way, Silas didn't do him any favors either. Remind me who he sat behind for 3 years when he could have been developing then? We should already know what Sasha will be except for the fact the Cavs needed to see what ramifications Jiri Welsch and Ira newble had on the franchise.
the funny thing is Lebro, Andy, and maybe Sasha are the only three players worth keeping. They will lost one because of financial mismanagement and another because they don't know what the hell they are doing. The third piece will be sprinting out of town in a few years.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Dozen » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:36 pm

One still has to wonder how in the holy hell is a half-court offense going to score with Snow bringing the ball up and zero plays designed for Gooden. Did he honestly think that this would be a productive offense?

Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA