Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Sports Guy Again, Calls Out LeBron

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Sports Guy Again, Calls Out LeBron

Unread postby swerb » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:04 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ons/070202

Eventually, we headed up to our seats and took in some of the Cavs-Heat game, which was interesting for five reasons. First, Miami's crowd was much livelier than I expected, although it was admittedly one of the marquee games of the year; if your fans can't get up for LeBron, Shaq and Wade on TNT, you shouldn't have a basketball team. Second, they have the coolest scoreboard I've ever seen -- it looks like something out of the movie "Alien." Third, the difference between Wade (killing himself and ramming his way to the rim over and over again like a running back) and LeBron (on cruise control and seeming disinterested most of the time -- and yes, I know he's hurt, but I've watched him mail it in too many times this season and we're nearing the point where Barkley needs to call him out on TNT) was absolutely startling. One guy just wants it more than the other guy. It's that simple. Fourth, Scot Pollard shaved his head into a blond Mohawk and kept his goatee with the weird knobs on it and STILL was outdone by the perplexing patch of hair on the back of Drew Gooden's neck. And fifth, it always feels like a bigger game when Shaq is playing -- even if he's not the same kind of force anymore -- and I will miss him when he retires to chase down criminals in some random town in Florida.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Birdman » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:35 pm

This shows that the national media is seeing the same thing that us Cavs fans have been saying the entire year. He just does not want to be out there.
Birdman
bullseyetcnaz.com

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Props to Simmons for calling out Lebron.

Sure wish the media here would do the same, although I heard Windhorst on the radio last night make some strong remarks about Lebron and coach Brown.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:04 pm

John Hollinger has an article (ESPN Insider) that calls LeBron out for being the 2nd biggest disapointment, going from last year to this year. AK-47 is the only player, according to his formula, that has regressed more.

He also says it is time to stop allowing LeBron to use the tired excuse, since Wade and Dirk both played the same off-season schedule as LBJ, plus an additional 2 round of the NBA play-offs.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:00 pm

Props to Hollinger too.

Lebron is a great player, probably the best in this town ever at least since jim Brown....but his performance and on-court demanor this year has me worried.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA