Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Sac/CLE trade rumour

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Sac/CLE trade rumour

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:56 pm

surprised this ahsnt made it here

apparently its been mentioned on scout.com and realcavsfans aswell as realgm

Larry, Gibson and Drew for Artest and Bibby

thoughts??

likelihood of happening
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:04 pm

Yeah, we have been sort of talking about it in the "Showcasing Sasha" thread.

This deal seems like it helps both teams, if you ask me. Sac may want to part with Artest and would also like to get a quality PF in Gooden and young quality PG in Gibson. The Cavs are in win-now mode and would get two much-needed players in Artest (defense, toughness) and Bibby (shooting, ball control and experience).

I'd be down with this trade if it happens.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:10 pm

Yeah, we have been sort of talking about it in the "Showcasing Sasha" thread.

This deal seems like it helps both teams, if you ask me. Sac may want to part with Artest and would also like to get a quality PF in Gooden and young quality PG in Gibson. The Cavs are in win-now mode and would get two much-needed players in Artest (defense, toughness) and Bibby (shooting, ball control and experience).

I'd be down with this trade if it happens.

I like Gibbo's potential and I love Gooden

also Artest said he was quitting basketball when his current contract runs out, Bibby is great for the PG solution

and I guess we can still get great production from PF with AV starting although he wont have Drews shooting %.

definately improves us for the next 3 seasons but ferry will have to be very busy if that deal happens and will have to draft very wisely
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:39 pm

This was freaking brilliant and hysterical...from a poster on another forum:

NBA Star Wars
Episode IV: a Pointless Hope

Danny Ferry calls up Kevin McHale

Danny Ferry: "Hey, Kevin - how's it going over there?"
Kevin McHale: "Don't ask, Danny ..."
Ferry: "Yeah, I guess it's a pain when you've got a star that wants to leave town."
McHale: "Yeah, at least you've got Lebron locked up."
Ferry: "Yep, but he wants us to do better. Hey, do you remember when I pulled that Jedi mind trick on Wayne Embry to get him to draft me and offer a 10-year deal?"
McHale: "Yeah, that was hilarious - you know he complained about a headache for weeks, and never knew why."
Ferry: "Speaking of headaches, what would it take to pry Garnett loose from you?"
McHale: "Half your roster, starting at the letter L." <laughs>

Danny Ferry waves his hand in a strange manner

Ferry: "These aren't the players you're looking for."
McHale:<in a trance> "Those aren't the players I'm looking for."
Ferry: "You want Eric Snow's and Ira Newble's experience to make up for losing Garnett's."
McHale: "I want Eric Snow and Ira Newble."
Ferry: "You also want Larry Hughes' defense and savvy in exchange for Ricky Davis and Marko Jaric"
McHale: "I also want Larry Hughes"
Ferry: "Now sign off on the trade confirmation"

Kevin McHale, still in a trance. scribbles his name on a piece of paper handed to him

Ferry: "You can move along"
McHale: "Move along, move along!"

Later at NBA headquarters in New York...

David Stern: "Ex-cellent. Young Ferry will either join us, or die ..."
Bob Ferry: "I will sway him over to the Dark Side, Master. or he shall be destroyed"
David Stern: "Well done, Darth Ferryous. "
Bob Ferry: "Together, we shall rule the NBA as father ... and son ..."
David Stern: "Now, we shall move the Timberwolves out of Minnesota. Bwah-hah-hah-hah!"

Later, the trade is announced while the Suns are getting ready for their game

Steve Nash: "Oww!"
Shawn Marion: "What's wrong, Stevie?"
Nash: "I feel as if there's a great disturbance in the NBA ..."
Marion: "What do you mean?"
Nash: "It's like millions of Minnesotan voices crying out in fear, and then being suddenly forgotten."
Marion: "Man, you need more sleep."
Nash: "Yeah, I know."
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:51 pm

lol great :lol:

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Dozen » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:33 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tough times hurting Bibby
The Kings veteran bristles at those who say his best days could be behind him.
By Sam Amick - Bee Staff Writer
Published 12:00 am PST Saturday, February 10, 2007
His disappointment has spread, from his own play this season, to the fans and now all the way to the organization with which he so badly wants to finish his career.

If the 28-year-old Mike Bibby could, he'd hold a seminar to remind the masses of what he's done in the past, to ask that they remember that one rough season doesn't mean his career's over.

As the Kings point guard waits for his fate with the Feb. 22 trading deadline looming, he knows as much as anyone that his services have been put on the leaguewide table. Among the trade conversations -- according to three sources close to the team who didn't want to be identified because they were not authorized to speak -- were talks between the Kings and Cleveland as to what sort of deal would benefit both sides. Bibby has made clear his preference to stay in Sacramento and wishes the Kings shared the sentiment.

"It just shows what type of people you're dealing with, really," said Bibby, who is shooting a career-low 39.0 percent overall and just 30.5 percent from three-point range. "I just have to wait it out, to see if they're going to turn their back on me or whatever."

The new element is the apparent lack of mystery about Bibby's intentions. His agent, David Falk, told The Bee this week that Bibby is unlikely to opt out of his contract after this season. Thus, any Kings fears of losing Bibby for nothing in return should be quelled -- which may have been Falk's motivation in tipping his hand at a time when agents typically go dark. A trade at this point would, to a certain extent, make it clear that the Kings simply wanted to head in another direction.

Or, of course, Bibby could go nowhere and begin the process of resolving bruised feelings while earning $13.5 million next season.

The realm of the unknown, then, squarely lies on the side of the Kings. Meanwhile, Bibby and his family and friends are no different than fans, hearing trade chatter with his name attached and wondering if they'll all be uprooted. They are unlikely to hear of the real possibilities until something is close to happening, or perhaps even after it's done and the moving vans need to be called.

Bibby's contention, though, is that the faithful turned too fast. Even after the glory days with Chris Webber and Vlade Divac faded in the rearview mirror, Bibby led the team in scoring last season. He had to make major adjustments in the late playoff push, when the Kings' offense became post-heavy, while Ron Artest was being deified for the turnaround.

Entering this season, Kings director of player personnel Jerry Reynolds set what seemed to be an accurate tone when he predicted Bibby's finest season yet. Four months later, Bibby says he's become the scapegoat of sorts.

More than once, he has expressed displeasure with the occasional booing at Arco Arena, only to spark more ire from fans who say they have every right to be down on the current product. And now, it's the organization that Bibby says he doesn't understand.

"If (the Kings) are willing to give up on me after one bad shooting year, then that's the way they are," Bibby said. "I think I've had pretty good years before this one. The first 22 games (this season), I didn't shoot the ball too well because I had a messed-up hand. I was still out there trying to help the team, trying to do everything I can. To have one season where I shoot (poorly) ... and have everybody turn on me like that, it's kind of frustrating."

Bibby's first possible out is an early termination option for this offseason, but it's not his last option. He also has a player option after the 2007-08 season, at which time he would have to choose to seek a new deal in free agency or earn $14.5 million in the final season of his contract.

"You never want to leave a good situation," Bibby said. "I think this is a good situation for me and my family, being here. You always want to retire in a place you feel comfortable. But like I said, it's not really up to me. We'll see how it plays out."

http://www.sacbee.com/100/v-print/story/121545.html

http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA