Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

skip bayless on lebron being shirtless

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

skip bayless on lebron being shirtless

Unread postby just another fool » Tue May 19, 2009 2:50 pm

anyone else see this retardedness? i know skip is basically the contrarian (is that a word?), and will say whatever to get attention, but this was absurd. even his co-hosts grilled him over this.

saying lebron is being a "benign bully" by doing interviews with his shirt off. never mind that the video they showed leading into it was the behind the backboard jump shot, with tarence kinsey right next to him with no shirt on! god forbid a player not wear a shirt after having a workout/practice.

i know this isn't surprising, just amusing anti-cavs banter from a total asshat talking head.
just another fool

Favorite Player: tyrone hill
Least Favorite Player: tyrone hill

Re: skip bayless on lebron being shirtless

Unread postby rk » Tue May 19, 2009 2:55 pm

Who gives a shit?
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby just another fool » Tue May 19, 2009 2:58 pm

rk wrote:Who gives a shit?

just commenting on a ridiculous segment i saw on tv while bored this morning. i'll try to keep it more interesting in the future...
just another fool

Unread postby papacass » Tue May 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Bayless also called LeBron the most overrated player in history when he got off to a slowish start a couple of years ago. I don't watch him. SAS and Bayless are the only two sportscasters on my "Will Not Watch" list. When I see their faces, the channel changes, because I know there is a 90 percent chance they will say something that infuriates me. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about seeing SAS at the moment.

I figure if I don't watch someone like Bayless, I'm doing my little part to make him and his shtick irrelevant. As it is, I think there is a reason why Bayless is relegated to ESPN's midday programming, and why you never see him on SportsCenter or any of their higher-rated shows.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby just another fool » Tue May 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Papa Cass wrote:Bayless also called LeBron the most overrated player in history when he got off to a slowish start a couple of years ago. I don't watch him. SAS and Bayless are the only two sportscasters on my "Will Not Watch" list. When I see their faces, the channel changes, because I know there is a 90 percent chance they will say something that infuriates me. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about seeing SAS at the moment.

I figure if I don't watch someone like Bayless, I'm doing my little part to make him and his shtick irrelevant. As it is, I think there is a reason why Bayless is relegated to ESPN's midday programming, and why you never see him on SportsCenter or any of their higher-rated shows.

that is truth, for sure. i'm also an unemployed student who has not much else to do right now, so i watch lots of mind numbing tv. bayless definitely has nothing of value to say, but figured it was something to talk about since the cavs haven't played a game in what seems like months haha.
just another fool

Unread postby noles1 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Thing about Bayless is before this guy was an afterthought blowhard he was widely recognized in the Dallas area as one of the biggest jerks and ethical mis-guided reporters out there. (Believe he worked for the Fort Worth newspaper or the Dallas, cannot remember off-hand) Nevertheless he quickly found out that he could gain notoriety and subsequent fame by writing on rumors and innuendo, not only has he suceeded in doing such he's collectively sold out within his profession and widely regarded as the model example of how never to do a beat writer job. Essentially he's what the internet by many accounts has become (sans the TCF and some sporadic others), only he did so prior to WWW.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby ProgRocker » Tue May 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Bayless, along with Barkley, Sam Smith, Ahmad Rashad, Stephen A. Smith and others, belong to what one Chicago sports talk host once called "The Michael Jordan Ass-Licking Society" -- a group of MJ sycophants who refuse to admit that maybe, just maybe, another player will come along that will prove to be better than Jordan and/or achieve things Michael never did and will disparage anyone who threatens that. They are driven by a weird desire to protect MJeff, and that includes irrational and just plain odd attacks on folks like LeBron.

So take it with a mountain-sized grain of salt.
Somehow ... Someway ... Give us JUST ONE VICTORY ... and we're on our way!
ProgRocker

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue May 19, 2009 4:57 pm

noles1 wrote:Thing about Bayless is before this guy was an afterthought blowhard he was widely recognized in the Dallas area as one of the biggest jerks and ethical mis-guided reporters out there. (Believe he worked for the Fort Worth newspaper or the Dallas, cannot remember off-hand) Nevertheless he quickly found out that he could gain notoriety and subsequent fame by writing on rumors and innuendo, not only has he suceeded in doing such he's collectively sold out within his profession and widely regarded as the model example of how never to do a beat writer job. Essentially he's what the internet by many accounts has become (sans the TCF and some sporadic others), only he did so prior to WWW.

Didn't he start a rumor that Troy Aikman was gay?

Dude got his ass kicked out of dallas for that. That's like starting a rumor about Bernie Times 100000000 up in C-town.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby RomanEmpire » Tue May 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Waiting for the day when the 2 Live Stews bitch slap Skip back to the stone age where he belongs!
YOU'RE F#$%ing OUT, I"M F#$%ing IN!
RomanEmpire

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wedge

Unread postby buckeye319 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:36 pm

RomanEmpire wrote:Waiting for the day when the 2 Live Stews bitch slap Skip back to the stone age where he belongs!

Somehow, I find 2 Live Stews to be more annoying than Skip. Though I feel roughly 80% of ESPN's on air-personalities are unwatchable. ESPN has turned into MTV for me - just can't bring myself to watch mindless retards speak about anything.
Last edited by buckeye319 on Tue May 19, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buckeye319

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby Anglefan » Tue May 19, 2009 5:38 pm

So what was he saying? I don't understand what LeBron is being accused of, exactly.
Anglefan

Unread postby osucrazy18 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:44 pm

he is being acussed of being lebron james, which is a mortal sin according to skip :fu:
"On an off shooting night all you have is your fundamentals and your momma, cause she believes in you Mo!!!!" - - - Uncle Austin after Clippers 3/11/09 believe baby believe
osucrazy18

Favorite Player: Confidence
Least Favorite Player: KG's mouth

Unread postby ivers240 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:48 pm

skip :fu: bayless is a douche so don't watch him he knows nothing whatsoever about anything let alone basketball or lebron just another example of ESPN hating on cleveland.. then again i wonder what they will say when the cavs win it all
ivers240

Favorite Player: grady sizemore
Least Favorite Player: dustin pedroia

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue May 19, 2009 6:07 pm

Someone actuallly listened to Skip Mindless? Do you also pay attention to homeless guys on street corners who say the end is near and Roger Brown too?
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby just another fool » Tue May 19, 2009 8:06 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Someone actuallly listened to Skip Mindless? Do you also pay attention to homeless guys on street corners who say the end is near and Roger Brown too?

i don't think anyone on here (including myself) took it seriously. it was just something to laugh about during this slow cavs news week, ala barkley calling cleveland 'the mistake on the lake' for the umpteenth time.
just another fool

Unread postby noles1 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:27 pm

Triple-S wrote:
noles1 wrote:Thing about Bayless is before this guy was an afterthought blowhard he was widely recognized in the Dallas area as one of the biggest jerks and ethical mis-guided reporters out there. (Believe he worked for the Fort Worth newspaper or the Dallas, cannot remember off-hand) Nevertheless he quickly found out that he could gain notoriety and subsequent fame by writing on rumors and innuendo, not only has he suceeded in doing such he's collectively sold out within his profession and widely regarded as the model example of how never to do a beat writer job. Essentially he's what the internet by many accounts has become (sans the TCF and some sporadic others), only he did so prior to WWW.

Didn't he start a rumor that Troy Aikman was gay?

Dude got his ass kicked out of dallas for that. That's like starting a rumor about Bernie Times 100000000 up in C-town.

Yeah among other things from what I've read.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed May 20, 2009 12:40 am

just another fool wrote:
Papa Cass wrote:Bayless also called LeBron the most overrated player in history when he got off to a slowish start a couple of years ago. I don't watch him. SAS and Bayless are the only two sportscasters on my "Will Not Watch" list. When I see their faces, the channel changes, because I know there is a 90 percent chance they will say something that infuriates me. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about seeing SAS at the moment.

that is truth, for sure. i'm also an unemployed student who has not much else to do right now, so i watch lots of mind numbing tv. bayless definitely has nothing of value to say, but figured it was something to talk about since the cavs haven't played a game in what seems like months haha.

*high five* lets give it up for unemployed students that have nothing to do with their lazy afternoons but watch skip bayless and throw things at the t.v.! :cheers:
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed May 20, 2009 12:46 am

jordan kramer wrote:
just another fool wrote:

*high five* lets give it up for unemployed students that have nothing to do with their lazy afternoons but watch skip bayless and throw things at the t.v.! :cheers:

Can I join the club?

God it's boring. and I need a job auctually.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed May 20, 2009 12:55 am

Triple-S wrote:
jordan kramer wrote:
just another fool wrote:

Can I join the club?

God it's boring. and I need a job auctually.

sure. there's always room in the club. today i actually applied at a gas station. a flippin gas station! ugh, at least i can tell my parents i don't gotta job cuz of the bad economy and Obama
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:06 am

Wait SSS didn't start this thread? (I honstely skipped past the first post thinking you/he did.... time to start considering your thread starting stigma).

This thread is roughly as poignant as your Orlando Fan thread and is par for the course for you.

::doh::
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed May 20, 2009 1:09 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Wait SSS didn't start this thread? (I honstely skipped past the first post thinking you/he did.... time to start considering your thread starting stigma).

This thread is roughly as poignant as your Orlando Fan thread and is par for the course for you.

::doh::

I don't watch Skip Bayless, dude isn't even worth my time.

Rome and PTI, and the occasional around the horn, and that's it.

Triple-S

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 20, 2009 1:20 am

So the random Magic Fans you linked or the random "ESPN Hates Us!" links you have tossed up in the past come from better sources?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed May 20, 2009 1:32 am

e0y2e3 wrote:So the random Magic Fans you linked or the random "ESPN Hates Us!" links you have tossed up in the past come from better sources?

I just found it sort of amusing?

I lurk on a lot of teams boards, it's more interesting seeing what the other point of view is than always reading posts from a Cleveland standpoint. Even have a username on Two Inbred boards. Auctually used to do that back when I played HS Football and used to point out to my buddies if so-so from X-School district thought we were a joke.

Heck, I even enjoy reading your posts, though they sound like you're trying ultra-hard to NOT come off as a homer, and they sort of come off as someone who has Stockholm Syndrom a bit. Your points are well made, but you seem a bit shy about giving Cleveland any props.

Also, while I've somewhat changed my tune on that, I think ESPN doesn't really so much hate us, as it favors East Coast teams and the SEC over say, cities like..Seattle, Milwaukee, Kansas City, us etc.

I think ESPN is a lot like EA sports is right now in the football video game world, sometimes its good, and they improve on a good thing, but lately it's just been mediocre and they have not done a lot to changes to improve the product.

Triple-S

Unread postby pup » Wed May 20, 2009 8:09 am

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Hold on for one GD minute.

Is someone trying to now tell me Troy Aikman is not a pillow biter?

You know those animals with the horns that cowboys ride in the rodeo? You know what they do after they eat? I am killing that on this bit of information. Heaping piles of it.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed May 20, 2009 8:38 am

The amazing thing, after all these years, is that The Skipper still throws people on tilt.

Shake yourselves, that's his whole schtik. He's laughing at you for being pissed off. His nonsense has a purpose for the most part, and too many of you are falling for it.

Christ, when he opens a show with "I'm going to tell you why Tiger Woods is NOT today's best golfer" or I'm going to tell you why Michael Jordan was NOT the best player of his era...." one would assume you'd catch on.

Look, I don't care if I ever heard the guy again, but for people to go ape shit because he says something seemingly irrational - that's his whole career.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby tired » Wed May 20, 2009 1:27 pm

Now Skip Clueless say's Orlandblow wins game 7. Barkey saying LeBron's a video cheat code pisses me off too !!! :gah:
Do you do drugs? Good!
tired

Favorite Player: I dunno
Least Favorite Player: Boozer

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed May 20, 2009 1:45 pm

tired wrote:Now Skip Clueless say's Orlandblow wins game 7. Barkey saying LeBron's a video cheat code pisses me off too !!! :gah:

At least they're earning their money. They're getting you all worked up and for what?
Remember opinions are like a__hole's.....
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jack_tors » Wed May 20, 2009 7:53 pm

ProgRocker wrote:Bayless, along with Barkley, Sam Smith, Ahmad Rashad, Stephen A. Smith and others, belong to what one Chicago sports talk host once called "The Michael Jordan Ass-Licking Society" -- a group of MJ sycophants who refuse to admit that maybe, just maybe, another player will come along that will prove to be better than Jordan and/or achieve things Michael never did and will disparage anyone who threatens that. They are driven by a weird desire to protect MJeff, and that includes irrational and just plain odd attacks on folks like LeBron.

So take it with a mountain-sized grain of salt.

LOL, Thank you so much for this post. Michael Jordan Ass-Licking Society? Could be the greatest thing I ever heard. :cheers:
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:05 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Friday » Wed May 20, 2009 8:12 pm

i wasn't sure who skip was off the top of my head. But searching him on google, I found it funny that this shirtless image was in the top row of results.
Friday

Favorite Player: Kevin Durant
Least Favorite Player: eh! Guess.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA