Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Celtics to get Starbury

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Celtics to get Starbury

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:04 am

Avery Johnson still believes that Marbury and Moore were good pick ups!

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Carmah » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:33 pm

Avery Johnson has no business being on national TV. I was watching that last night and the question posed to him and Jamal Mashburn was "which team needs the 2 seed more, Orlando or Boston". Jamal answered quick and to the point. Then Avery went into a 3 minute diatribe about what the Boston Celtics have done in the 2008-2009 season and never even answered the question. I caught that bit when he said Moore and Marbury were great pickups in that brilliant analysis too.

Throughout the season, whenever I've watched/heard and he's asked about who will win the championship this year, his answer has consistently been the Celtics. Fine, people can make their predictions and do all that. But at least give a sensible and logical reason for it. His reason: They won it last year. No solid reasoning, no facts, no nothing. Nevermind the fact that repeating is hard to do in any sport - basing your whole argument for a team winning a championship based on what they did the season before is just asinine, especially for a national "analyst".
Carmah

Favorite Player: Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Elway

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Meanwhile Marbury should be called Farbury given how vast the distance seems between his play now and the player he was a few years ago. He went 0-for-2 with two turnovers; his totals as a Celtic are 28.8 percent shooting from the floor and more turnovers (21) than field goals (17).

He's just savin' his best stuff for the postseason.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby jamesownsdet » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
Meanwhile Marbury should be called Farbury given how vast the distance seems between his play now and the player he was a few years ago. He went 0-for-2 with two turnovers; his totals as a Celtic are 28.8 percent shooting from the floor and more turnovers (21) than field goals (17).

He's just savin' his best stuff for the postseason.

Shitbury just posted a negative 4 in game 1 on 0-2 shooting with 3 assists and 2 turnovers. Well, at least his teammaes don't hate him. (mooning)
"If I sell a lil' crack, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I die in Iraq, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I take you fo granted, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I f- up the planet, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it"

- Ice Cube
jamesownsdet

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Kendrick Perkins

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:23 pm

jamesownsdet wrote:Shitbury just posted a negative 4 in game 1 on 0-2 shooting with 3 assists and 2 turnovers. Well, at least his teammaes don't hate him. (mooning)

It ain't his fault he's not closer to seven foot and named Kevin Garnett. I thought Boston would come bigger than this, but that rout at the Q is looking more and more ominous.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA