Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Stoudemire to the Cavs?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Stoudemire to the Cavs?

Unread postby waborat » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:41 pm

The bottom line (if he's traded at all) is that it's all up to Amare and Amare only...it comes down to him being willing to sign an extension with any team who wants him? Who in their right minds would trade for him and rent him for one year? Maybe I'm wrong here and maybe he can't even sign an extension like LBJ until this summer, but if you're the GM and you have to trade pieces and picks to get him then wouldn't you want him for the long haul?

If he tells Sarver & Kerr that he's gone after the 09-10 season and that C-Town is the only one that he's willing to sign an extension then he's probably ours unless they want to gamble and see what this summer might bring in return
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby stretch51 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:58 pm

fundamentals wrote:Something big is going to happen, just patiently waiting. :hide:

Me too. I had a really good job interview on Thursday, and I'm doing the same thing.

On top of that, you have P&C reporting and then a potential Cavs trade.

Everything in my life right now is "Somethings gonna happen, just be patient".

:gah: :hide:
stretch51

Favorite Player: Joe Jakubick
Least Favorite Player: Loy Vaught

Unread postby Chris » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Yeah, Consig, the team knows he posts there but he never posts details or jeopardizes dealings with what he posts. It's an understood thing.

Anyways, today was supposed to be the day, but so far, nothing. May have to wait until Thursday before anything is known. This is gearing up to be an extremely anticlimatic finish, folks.
Chris

Unread postby Dozen » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:37 pm

Consigliere wrote:Reading that longwinded post by W&G, actually several now, makes me very skeptical. Not only do I find it unlikely that any Cavs high level exec would be posting on a message board, but it is downright not possible. The team would know about it and squash it immediately as that is just not the way they operate. Like the Indians have baseball ops people perusing these sites, I am sure the Cavaliers have people doing it too.

When I read those W&G posts it is almost like a rehash of the news from ESPN, SI, etc that just came out, just written differently and in a wordy exchange. It's like cracking open the horoscopes and how 7-10 things are predicted to happen or everything is intentionally vague so the forecast is never wrong. Which is what I am getting when reading W&G as if we deal for Amare he was right but if we don't he was right too.

Lemme know when Windhorst posts something, because otherwise I ain't buying what this guy is selling until he gives actual specifics and facts instead of lame posts with lots of noise but little substance. I may be completely off base, and I apologize, but just my two cents.

FWIW W&G has been solid over the last few years, I'd compare him to you and the Indians but I believe he may have closer ties. Like when you broke the Lofton trade, W&G has my respect. Also, Windhorst has some ties with that site, prolly more then we all know. Really not sure how you can view him like that when every writer on here is exactly the same in regards to rehash of the news from ESPN, SI, etc .
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:46 pm

According to Ferry, we shouldnt be expecting something to get done before the deadline. I'll translate....

Were trying to get something done before the trade deadline. We arent going to give up key players. If other teams comply, we will land a key player (camby & amare)
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:12 pm

4thQtrGlory wrote:According to Ferry, we shouldnt be expecting something to get done before the deadline. I'll translate....

Were trying to get something done before the trade deadline. We arent going to give up key players. If other teams comply, we will land a key player (camby & amare)

That's the best attitude. There was an article on one of the sports sites about there really only being 10 sellers to match two buyers. A lot of teams want to dump salary.

That means the Cavs are only going to want to give up ending deals.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Cease » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:25 pm

I don't see anything happening until 5 mins before deadline either, but the thought of Amare/LeBron playing pick & roll, Redz and Mo lurking at 3 point line with Z on the block ready to crash the boards has me drooling a bit.

The olley-oop count would be sky high with Mo dribble-drive tosses to cutting Amare. Imagine if Varjao was the leaper Amare is, playing above the rim on all of his cuts.

We'll see Thursday? The Cavs will push many chips to center of table for Amare.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Dozen wrote:
Consigliere wrote:Reading that longwinded post by W&G, actually several now, makes me very skeptical. Not only do I find it unlikely that any Cavs high level exec would be posting on a message board, but it is downright not possible. The team would know about it and squash it immediately as that is just not the way they operate. Like the Indians have baseball ops people perusing these sites, I am sure the Cavaliers have people doing it too.

When I read those W&G posts it is almost like a rehash of the news from ESPN, SI, etc that just came out, just written differently and in a wordy exchange. It's like cracking open the horoscopes and how 7-10 things are predicted to happen or everything is intentionally vague so the forecast is never wrong. Which is what I am getting when reading W&G as if we deal for Amare he was right but if we don't he was right too.

Lemme know when Windhorst posts something, because otherwise I ain't buying what this guy is selling until he gives actual specifics and facts instead of lame posts with lots of noise but little substance. I may be completely off base, and I apologize, but just my two cents.

FWIW W&G has been solid over the last few years, I'd compare him to you and the Indians but I believe he may have closer ties. Like when you broke the Lofton trade, W&G has my respect. Also, Windhorst has some ties with that site, prolly more then we all know. Really not sure how you can view him like that when every writer on here is exactly the same in regards to rehash of the news from ESPN, SI, etc .

I'm just not 100% convinced this guy is a true Insider. Now, that DWags guy on the Cleve Live boards from a few years ago, hell yes, that guy was most definitely an insider. The thing is, his post were short and to the point with facts....not this vague "could go either way" stuff like I have seen from W&G.

As an example, I know the Indians baseball ops department does in fact have people reading this site and boards here and other popular places. That said, they don't have people working secretly undercover throwing potential trade/signing ideas people's way. Knowing that, I have a hard time believing the Cavs would have someone doing the same thing.

Now, maybe this is an alter ego for someone like Windhorst or whoever....someone who won't attach their real name to things they know that they don't want connected to them. I can maybe believe that....and in fact I bet if W&G is anyone it is someone in the media like Windhorst or hell even a person like Austin Carr.

Like with Dwags, if W&G can come strong and say that Kevin Millwood is going to sign for 1 year $8M two weeks before he does, or mention that Victor, Sabathia and Hafner will sign extensions days in advance with contract specifics, etc......then I may start to believe. But like I said, all I am seeing is someone playing Miss Cleo giving longwinded wordy replies which basically sum up every scenario possible so they are not wrong either way. :santa:

As always, IMO and YMMV.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby buckeye319 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:39 pm

Consigliere wrote:
Dozen wrote:

I'm just not 100% convinced this guy is a true Insider. Now, that DWags guy on the Cleve Live boards from a few years ago, hell yes, that guy was most definitely an insider. The thing is, his post were short and to the point with facts....not this vague "could go either way" stuff like I have seen from W&G.

As an example, I know the Indians baseball ops department does in fact have people reading this site and boards here and other popular places. That said, they don't have people working secretly undercover throwing potential trade/signing ideas people's way. Knowing that, I have a hard time believing the Cavs would have someone doing the same thing.

Now, maybe this is an alter ego for someone like Windhorst or whoever....someone who won't attach their real name to things they know that they don't want connected to them. I can maybe believe that....and in fact I bet if W&G is anyone it is someone in the media like Windhorst or hell even a person like Austin Carr.

Like with Dwags, if W&G can come strong and say that Kevin Millwood is going to sign for 1 year $8M two weeks before he does, or mention that Victor, Sabathia and Hafner will sign extensions days in advance with contract specifics, etc......then I may start to believe. But like I said, all I am seeing is someone playing Miss Cleo giving longwinded wordy replies which basically sum up every scenario possible so they are not wrong either way. :santa:

As always, IMO and YMMV.

Consigliere, I asked about this elsewhere and here is my understanding: Gilbert actually is OK with this, because it keeps the fans interested and excited and W&G doesn't really give out any top secret info, anyhow. Likewise, and this seems a bit conspiratorial to me, if they want they can spread some misinformation that would get spread around the web. It's almost like the intel field, according to some.

But from what I've heard, he is an insider and the Cavs front office very much know that he posts at RCF.
buckeye319

Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:19 pm

buckeye319 wrote:Consigliere, I asked about this elsewhere and here is my understanding: Gilbert actually is OK with this, because it keeps the fans interested and excited and W&G doesn't really give out any top secret info, anyhow. Likewise, and this seems a bit conspiratorial to me, if they want they can spread some misinformation that would get spread around the web. It's almost like the intel field, according to some.

But from what I've heard, he is an insider and the Cavs front office very much know that he posts at RCF.

That's exactly what it is. W&G has said that the Cavs know he posts. MYoung and others say he's legit and he has yielded info before anyone else has.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Consigliere wrote:
Dozen wrote:

As always, IMO and YMMV.

Of course there is reason to be skeptical. However, if he is a real insider the reason for these posts is BECAUSE nothing is set in stone yet and he can't very well say they are going to acquire Amare when no one knows that for sure yet. He does provide us with insight into what is actually going on, instead of the generally baseless speculation of most reporters.

I haven't paid enough attention to know if he has announced things before they have happened, but apparently he has. Plus he seems revered enough on RCF, which looks like a huge community, that he must have provided reliable info plenty of times. They were basically threatening to ban a bunch of the new people who flooded in this past weekend for talking shit to him and pestering him so much, as they were apparently worried he would stop posting.

I don't know either way, but the fact that he apparently has that kind of credibility makes me think he is legit. This isn't some kiddie who came in one day and posted some shit, he's been posting for years.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:55 pm

I'd love to think we are getting real inside info from this guy, but one of the things I respect about Ferry is how discreet he is. Did WG know about the Mo trade? I don't remember seeing a word from anyone about that. And, we didn't hear that Ferry offered Wally straight up for VC before the Mo trade until Rod Thorn told a NJ reporter last winter. Why would Ferry let his inner thoughts be broadcast to every minor fan in greater Cle by someone high enough in the org to know them?
By the way, for conspiracy theorists, isn't it amazing that Bill Simmons puts a totally gratuitous plug for Hickson in one of his most read yearly columns at ESPN, at the same time Windy is saying JJ's light bulb may never go on. So, a national writer inflates JJ's value while a local one prepares us to lose him. It's obvious Windy knows more than he's saying. Is Ferry really this much of a manipulator?
Frank Duffy

Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:00 am

Frank Duffy wrote:I'd love to think we are getting real inside info from this guy, but one of the things I respect about Ferry is how discreet he is. Did WG know about the Mo trade? I don't remember seeing a word from anyone about that. And, we didn't hear that Ferry offered Wally straight up for VC before the Mo trade until Rod Thorn told a NJ reporter last winter. Why would Ferry let his inner thoughts be broadcast to every minor fan in greater Cle by someone high enough in the org to know them?
By the way, for conspiracy theorists, isn't it amazing that Bill Simmons puts a totally gratuitous plug for Hickson in one of his most read yearly columns at ESPN, at the same time Windy is saying JJ's light bulb may never go on. So, a national writer inflates JJ's value while a local one prepares us to lose him. It's obvious Windy knows more than he's saying. Is Ferry really this much of a manipulator?

Why would Ferry want Windy to deflate Hicksons value? I am not following.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:09 am

Ziner wrote:
Frank Duffy wrote:I'd love to think we are getting real inside info from this guy, but one of the things I respect about Ferry is how discreet he is. Did WG know about the Mo trade? I don't remember seeing a word from anyone about that. And, we didn't hear that Ferry offered Wally straight up for VC before the Mo trade until Rod Thorn told a NJ reporter last winter. Why would Ferry let his inner thoughts be broadcast to every minor fan in greater Cle by someone high enough in the org to know them?

Why would Ferry want Windy to deflate Hicksons value? I am not following.

I disagreed with that element of the post too. I don't think it's a question of deflating or giving JJ a gratuitous plug. Look at these boards as well. There's a legit disparity between a lot of people on JJ's upside. Not just Simmons and Windhorst.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:13 am

I missed Windy's comments about JJ. Did he really say that he didn't think the light would ever go on for JJ, after half a year? Because if he did, isn't that a bit of a quick judgment?
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby buckeye319 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:45 am

StewieG wrote:I missed Windy's comments about JJ. Did he really say that he didn't think the light would ever go on for JJ, after half a year? Because if he did, isn't that a bit of a quick judgment?

Windy basically said J.J.'s not learning from his mistakes, does not have a high basketball IQ, and may just never have a high one. And that Brown really doesn't want to put him out there come playoff time, which is fairly obvious already.
buckeye319

Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:58 am

Yeah, Stewie, that was my point. Windy is very careful. It seemed odd he would criticize a guy Ferry's been high on. Just speculating he was helping Ferry prepare us for a trade. Like I said, just a conspiracy theory.
Frank Duffy

Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

Unread postby waborat » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:59 am

Well everything coming out of PHO looks as though they'll stand pat...

That was some sweet tastin' Kool-Aid while it lasted...

carry on
waborat

Unread postby mmonast » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:17 am

Anything new posted from the W&G guy? i dont know the website where he usually posts

thanks
mmonast

Favorite Player: Redz
Least Favorite Player: deshawn stevenson

Unread postby Chris » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:14 pm

No, Amare Watch 09 is pretty much over. Looks like he's staying in Phoenix and not coming to Cleveland even if he's moved. Oh well. At least we have Wally and JJ Hickson for our championship run.
Chris

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:56 pm

I'm not that saddened. We're really good the way we are right now. Let's get back to work, baby!!!
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Chris » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:56 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:I'm not that saddened. We're really good the way we are right now. Let's get back to work, baby!!!

Not lately. We are not playing Cavaliers basketball, we are playing bad defense, killed in the paint, getting out rebounded, etc. We need to get healthy and see where we are.
Chris

Unread postby drewd » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:25 pm

mmonast wrote:Anything new posted from the W&G guy? i dont know the website where he usually posts

thanks

From W&G who supposedly just had a heart attack a couple days ago...
It appears Brother Redbush has kept you all abreast of the trials and tribulations of my life .... I'm alive and well. Anxious to get back in the flow of what's been happening with my team !! Looks as if the Amare side of things has dropped off the prospect list for the Cavs. That's my take. If Phoenix liked what offers were avialable to them, I would have thopught something would have happened yesterday. All that happened was their coachiong change, and to me, that's telling.

Telling in the sense that I might be more inclined to think that now they may look to move Shaq first and foremost ...the may be looking to amp up their running game more now. We'll see, though.

I'm out of the loop right now, obviously. But, I'll get back in the loop quickly. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON. It's just how I'm wired up. I've been laying in bed for almost three days and I can't live like that. Won't do it.

Anyways, I'm going to be catching up a bit, flying home tomorrow.

I'll be throwig up things that I feel are relevant as I go...

Take care ..thanks for all the wonderful sentiments.
drewd
Unrealistic Trade Guy

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:39 pm

Unless I missed something, nobody specifically said "heart attack" with W&G, just chest pains.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Chris » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:45 pm

StewieG wrote:Unless I missed something, nobody specifically said "heart attack" with W&G, just chest pains.

No, you're right. There was no mention of a heart attack. Chest pains.
Chris

Unread postby CharacterIV » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:56 pm

waborat wrote:Well everything coming out of PHO looks as though they'll stand pat...

That was some sweet tastin' Kool-Aid while it lasted...

carry on

Yes. Great idea. Obviously the one holdover from D'Antoni's staff (who you could logically say he didn't want in NYC) will lead them to victory using the same philosophy that D'Antoni used to get beaten by the Spurs every spring and with personnel less suited to that philosophy. Stupid Phoenix jerks. Give us your superstar!

Exiting petulant child mode. Sorry, I just liked that Kool-Aid a lot, and got cranky when they took it away.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

Unread postby Chris » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Is this seriously how teams work? Does Phoenix really think they are going ANYWHERE this year even if they squeak into the playoffs? The naivete of some of these professional sports teams astound me, they seem to think 8th seed playoff berths/first round exits are reason to hold onto all your assets instead of getting financial relief or young talent.
Chris

Unread postby reppination7 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:53 pm

now that chicago traded, looks like we are the 2nd favorites to get amare, behind the suns
reppination7

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: quite a few people

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:59 pm

reppination7 wrote:now that chicago traded, looks like we are the 2nd favorites to get amare, behind the suns

Its not happening, not a chance. They are going to hold on to him as they should
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby reppination7 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:05 am

Ziner wrote:
reppination7 wrote:now that chicago traded, looks like we are the 2nd favorites to get amare, behind the suns

Its not happening, not a chance. They are going to hold on to him as they should

thats why i said "behind the suns"
reppination7

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: quite a few people

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:07 am

reppination7 wrote:
Ziner wrote:

thats why i said "behind the suns"

good call, i'll work on my reading compehension
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby waborat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:52 am

Damn, 65/16 in 56 minutes the last 2 nights

waborat

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:57 am

waborat wrote:Damn, 65/16 in 56 minutes the last 2 nights

Against the Clippers. And the Suns scored 282 total points so his percentage of the teams points scored isn't very high. In that context it's not very impressive; just like LeBron scoring 23 in back-to-back games if the Cavs scored 100 each time. And I'll say it again; it was against the CLIPPERS. If those 2 beatdowns didn't get them to realize that Camby ain't helping them anytime soon, I don't know what will (even though he didn't play in both).
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby waborat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:09 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
waborat wrote:Damn, 65/16 in 56 minutes the last 2 nights

Against the Clippers. And the Suns scored 282 total points so his percentage of the teams points scored isn't very high. In that context it's not very impressive; just like LeBron scoring 23 in back-to-back games if the Cavs scored 100 each time. And I'll say it again; it was against the CLIPPERS. If those 2 beatdowns didn't get them to realize that Camby ain't helping them anytime soon, I don't know what will (even though he didn't play in both).

Yeah, yeah, you like to burst my bubble there Reb....Still love the pt+ a minute...

Found it interesting that PHO was still trying to move AS to MEM late yesterday though? Can't blame the Bears for turning them down with those demands though
waborat

Unread postby AK-ROWDY » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:22 pm

What were the demands?
AK-ROWDY

Favorite Player: Peyton Hillis
Least Favorite Player: Steelers

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:33 pm

AK-ROWDY wrote:What were the demands?

The Suns are all over Rudy Gay; like mancrush all over him. They'd trade Stoudemire for a package including him in a second. Memphis' reluctance is the only thing holding it up.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby waborat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Gay, Warrick, Conley & MEM's #1 this year
waborat

Unread postby AK-ROWDY » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:45 pm

waborat wrote:

Thanks
AK-ROWDY

Favorite Player: Peyton Hillis
Least Favorite Player: Steelers

Unread postby CharacterIV » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:09 pm

waborat wrote:

Wow, no wonder we didn't stand a chance in the Amare derby.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA