Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

BooBie on the Block with Wally?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

BooBie on the Block with Wally?

Unread postby drewd » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:02 pm

So I've been hearing rumors that the cavs might trade boobie with wally to pick up backup point guard b/c boobies not filling the role good.

So i played around on my favorite site and came up with this trade, What you think?

drewd
Unrealistic Trade Guy

Re: BooBie on the Block with Wally?

Unread postby Barons-Force » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Nice work on the proposal, but I wouldn't make that trade.
"Dad, it's a good thing I called and got our Indians tickets when I did, there were only 60,000 left." - Alex P. Keaton
Barons-Force

Favorite Player: Antawn Jamison
Least Favorite Player: Mark Lewis

Unread postby jordan kramer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:24 pm

i actually like that trade a lot. Cris Wilcox is an animal, Desmond Mason is a great athlete, and Watson can run a little backup point.

but i'm starting to think we don't need to trade Wally. he's been doin a lot better lately knockin down shot and even driving the lane occasionally. he'll never be quick enough to play great D but thats not what we need him for...
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:02 pm

Eh, not a huge fan. we don't even have the minutes for all of those guys, and I dont see how it makes us better. I know Boobie isnt lights out, but this isnt baseball. You dont really lose it, he will come around. Any trade we make is going to be for the playoffs. While that kind of depth would be nice for the regular season, it doesnt help us win a championship. I'd rather make that crappy Brad Miller deal.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:11 am

Boobie is Jimmy Olson, he's not going anywhere for bit parts.

February 19th can't get here soon enough...
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:12 am

drewd wrote:So I've been hearing rumors that the cavs might trade boobie with wally to pick up backup point guard b/c boobies not filling the role good.

From who?
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby TIMMAH » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:13 am

They better not get rid of Wally. We don't need a mid season trade. This is our year to win and all the pieces are in place!!1 Don't F it up Ferry!!!!

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
TIMMAH

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

Unread postby RobStad » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:54 am

I wouldn't mind adding a guy like Wilcox in the post for depth, but man, do I have to give TWO of my outside shooters to make it work? How about just Wally for Wilcox and and Watson.

OKC is going nowhere this year and they get out of Watson's deal a year early for their trouble.
RobStad

Favorite Player: Kerry Wood
Least Favorite Player: Rasheed Wallace

Unread postby CCHII » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:57 am

in all seriousness boobie is mo williams in four years he is not going anywhere you dont give a guy a five year deal and trade him five months later and with the way wally is shooting you are dumb to trade him. we need to ride his hot hand until delonte comes back and hope that he stays lit come playoff time. i love wally out there this year it would be dumb to trade an asset as soon as it starts earning its money spent. a trade is going to have to blow danny ferry away for a trade to be made

ps
boobie is batmans robin in-training remember he is still like only 22ish and he isnt going anywhere

its wally's world we are just living in it....remember that
CCHII

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar
Least Favorite Player: Any Boston Athlete

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:35 am

Mason cant be traded. He's hurt, out for the year.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby buddycowley » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:17 am

HermanFontenot wrote:
drewd wrote:So I've been hearing rumors that the cavs might trade boobie with wally to pick up backup point guard b/c boobies not filling the role good.

From who?

Probably internet message boards.

This "playing poorly so trade him" stuff is getting old.

Fast.
Can speak French...in Russian
buddycowley
'Crowley' For Short

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:47 am

HermanFontenot wrote:

From who?

I was hoping someone took that shot. I don't think for a second drewd is lying. And I think he's about as entertaining as it gets. But I think he hears a lot of voices. Some hear dogs telling them to kill. drewd hears NBA general managers telling him to fire up the trade machine.

I hope he hears 'em forever.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:27 pm

buddycowley wrote:
HermanFontenot wrote:

From who?

Probably internet message boards.

This "playing poorly so trade him" stuff is getting old.

Fast.

It's the Browns fan's mentality. The minute a game gets lost or something otherwise goes wrong: "FIRE HIM!!! TRADE HIS ASS!!! GET RID OF HIM!!!"

Here's the thing about Boobie, BTW: he could very well play like ass the entire regular season, then turn around and hit huge buckets for this team in the playoffs. The young man is a proven big-game player. He has shown the willingness to take the big shots. He doesn't shy away from the moment. You need to be very cautious about jettisoning a player like this.

But I don't think it's going to happen.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:09 pm

CCHII wrote:in all seriousness boobie is mo williams in four years he is not going anywhere you dont give a guy a five year deal and trade him five months later and with the way wally is shooting you are dumb to trade him. we need to ride his hot hand until delonte comes back and hope that he stays lit come playoff time. i love wally out there this year it would be dumb to trade an asset as soon as it starts earning its money spent. a trade is going to have to blow danny ferry away for a trade to be made

ps
boobie is batmans robin in-training remember he is still like only 22ish and he isnt going anywhere

Try the next Damon Jones. All flash, no substance. Miss 5 3's in a row then celebrate on the 6th.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:07 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
CCHII wrote:in all seriousness boobie is mo williams in four years he is not going anywhere you dont give a guy a five year deal and trade him five months later and with the way wally is shooting you are dumb to trade him. we need to ride his hot hand until delonte comes back and hope that he stays lit come playoff time. i love wally out there this year it would be dumb to trade an asset as soon as it starts earning its money spent. a trade is going to have to blow danny ferry away for a trade to be made

ps

Try the next Damon Jones. All flash, no substance. Miss 5 3's in a row then celebrate on the 6th.

Give me a break. Gibson is a better shooter than Jones was and has the ability to do things other than camp out at the three point line. He has shown plenty of ability to drive to the basket and has a great knack for drawing fouls and still get his shot off by leading with his body. And he certainly isn't the total liability on defense that Jones was.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby kjvonski » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Nope. Don't like it at all! Boobie has been money in the playoffs in past years, until last season when he got injured against Boston. I might trade Wally but not Boobie. Just my thoughts.
Cleveland and championship----It's gotta happen sometime!!!
kjvonski

Unread postby nwizzle » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:23 pm

Yeah I definitely don't think you can give up on Gibson just yet. He's having a down year for two reasons:

1. He's trying to actually develop into an actual point guard and start initiating the offense more.

2. And to compensate for his lack of scoring he starts jacking up threes with guys on top of him.

While I understand the reasoning behind him wanting to become a better true point guard, that's simply not what this team needs right now. Do it in the offseason. The second part comes along with the first, and I think that if he just sits back and becomes the guy that stands out behind the three point line, he will be much better off.

The way I see trading Wally is this: Come playoff time do any of us really think that Wally is going to come off the bench and provide a +/- anywhere close to what we could get from a quality big man? If Sasha keeps playing like he has been, he pretty much negates Wally altogether. So pull the trigger if the deal is there.
nwizzle

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:29 pm

Gibson is NOT Damon Jones. Not yet anyway.

Don't discount the fact the guy has worked to develop his game and even moreso that he was hurt earlier in the year. Take into account that he gave up some strokes from behind the arc and then was injured and he's just behind where he should be.

The kid works hard and never bitches.

Hopefully he straightens that shot out and gets on a little roll.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:53 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:Try the next Damon Jones. All flash, no substance. Miss 5 3's in a row then celebrate on the 6th.

"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby papacass » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:09 pm

nwizzle wrote:Yeah I definitely don't think you can give up on Gibson just yet. He's having a down year for two reasons:

1. He's trying to actually develop into an actual point guard and start initiating the offense more.

2. And to compensate for his lack of scoring he starts jacking up threes with guys on top of him.

Three reasons, actually. He's been banged up all year. His foot isn't 100 percent and probably won't be until he has a chance to rest it next offseason. He's also had some problems with his non-shooting arm. The injuries are of the scratch-and-dent variety, but they still affect the sum total of his game.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby buddycowley » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:44 pm

It also seemed to me, during the Pistons game at least, that his shot seems a little bit off.

He just doesn't have that fluid motion all the way through his shot like I remember him having in the past. There just seems to be a slight hitch in his deep jumper, and where it came from is yet to be determined.

I can see the All-Star break providing him with just a bit of time to work on it and try to find the rhythm he had before.
Can speak French...in Russian
buddycowley
'Crowley' For Short

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA