Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs v Boston (Jan 9th)

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavs v Boston (Jan 9th)

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:34 pm

So three teams being very good in the East and the rest beating the crap out of their crappy selves makes the conference superior?

The East SUCKS after the top three.

SUCKS.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:44 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:So three teams being very good in the East and the rest beating the crap out of their crappy selves makes the conference superior?

SUCKS.

First of all, there are four good teams in the East, not three. You have to put Atlanta in there.

Secondly, I ask, again, what has the West done outside of San Antonio to earn such deference as the superior conference? Outside of L.A. and San Antonio, where are legitimate title threats? New Orleans hasn't looked particularly strong. Dallas and Phoenix are way off what they used to be. Portland isn't ready for prime-time yet. Utah is okay, nothing more. Houston needs to get out of the first round before they get annointed anything.

The West has gotten by off the reputation of the Spurs and beating up on the dregs at the bottom of their conference. I don't buy that it's head-and-shoulders above the East, and haven't bought that line for a couple of years now.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:03 pm

Herm, for the second time.

I think the East may be better.

My problem is not with that argument, it is with the argument BP is presenting in this thread.... that the West is a disgrace because they have nine teams that are in contention for the playoffs.............?

The West is deeper, which is undeniable, even if all of that depth is just average teams it is deeper than the East.... not better.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:42 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The West is deeper, which is undeniable, even if all of that depth is just average teams it is deeper than the East.... not better.

Eeyore, there are six teams in the West playing under .350 basketball, and five under .300. In the East, that number is two and one respectively. You can talk about playoff-caliber depth- and I'm not so sure about that, either- but the fact is, there are more teams in the East that can beat you, night-in and night-out, than there are out West. And I'm not so sure about the playoff-quality depth because the records out West are inflated IMO by the cupcakes at the bottom.

Not to mention the reigning World Champion and owner of the best record in the league is an East team.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:42 pm

Been looking forward to this matchup with increasing enthusiasm since the first day of the season, but with an added degree of excitement: It's also my birthday.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby reppination7 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:13 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:So three teams being very good in the East and the rest beating the crap out of their crappy selves makes the conference superior?

SUCKS.

well the middle, like mid play off tems, nd tems that just missed, yea the west is better, the better all around league, the very bottom, the east is stronger (last place teams in the conference) and the east has the very top teams, thats why come playoffs, the west bet each other up is because everyteam in there is that good, not in the east
reppination7

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: quite a few people

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:58 pm

Don't look now, but the Celtics are indeed mortal.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:11 pm

Streak or no streak, the Celtics v Cavaliers game will be a mini-war.
Dana White & Vince Mac would love to hold it in the steel cage.
Come late May, it just might be.

:guns: Who else is ready to go????
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby furls » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:26 pm

Hearts are broken all over at ESPiN.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:13 am

After the Celtics loss tonight, their record stands at 27-4, while the Cavs are 1 full game behind at 25-4. The Cavs have 5 games remaining, while the Celtics have 6.

The Cavs have a home and home against Miami, get the Bulls in Cleveland, followed by a game in Washington, and then host the Bobcats. No back to backs among those 5. Combined record of the 5 opponents: 60-82. No reason to think the Cavs won't be 30-4 going in to the Boston game, and even factoring in a possible loss to Miami, worst case scenario has them at 29-5, with a perfect 18-0 record at home.

The Celtics have 2 more games remaining on their current West Coast trip, in Sacramento and Portland, before returning home to face the Wiz. They then travel to New York and Charlotte, and follow up the Bobcats game the next night at home against the Rockets. Combined record of their 6 opponents: 70-105. 2 very tough games among those 6, in Portland where the Blazers are 10-3, and the game against Houston will be the 2nd night of a back to back. Assuming they lose one of those 2 games, they should come in to this game 32-5.

Looking in to my crystal ball (ok its a glass bowl), the Cavs and Celtics will enter this game with a combined record of 62-9, separated by a mere half game. The winner of this game will have the best record in the league. Its a Friday night and my birthday, so this epic should kickstart my party nicely. (My girlfriend is planning a "surprise" party for me. I've been practicing acting surprised since I found out about it. As long as she doesnt find out that I know I should be ok.)

Side note: anyone have any idea what the best combined records of 2 opponents have been this late in the season? I know the Lakers and Celtics had the best combined record of Christmas opponents at 50-7.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby jamesownsdet » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:53 am

Boston has played 4 more home games than the Cavaliers. It isn't inconceivable to think Cleveland could be 27-2 also with a few more home games than road games.

I still want to see the Celtics take this show on the road a little. I know they will beat teams on the road too but not at the pace their on now. They're a great team but this is getting a little silly. Someone punch them in the mouth already please.

See what I mean? Lakers took it to them. GS got them worn out. Not so easy away from the home gym eh C's?

It's about time some of these cupcakes started hitting back. Jesus Christ Rajon Ronodo isn't Magic Johnson, Paul Pierce isn't Dr. J, Ray Allen isn't James Worthy and KG isn't, well OK KG is pretty awesome. My point is, the NBA is so weak this season teams are rolling over for Boston AND Cleveland like they were both sporting the greatest rosters ever. Look at the Wizards game. I mean besides BP not starting the game thread what chance did Washington really have? EXCEPT they came out determined to not get beat. If every team played like that regardless of where they were heading this season neither Cleveland or Boston would be chasing 72 wins.
"If I sell a lil' crack, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I die in Iraq, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I take you fo granted, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I f- up the planet, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it"

- Ice Cube
jamesownsdet

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Kendrick Perkins

Unread postby jamesownsdet » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:25 am

jamesownsdet wrote:
Boston has played 4 more home games than the Cavaliers. It isn't inconceivable to think Cleveland could be 27-2 also with a few more home games than road games.

I still want to see the Celtics take this show on the road a little. I know they will beat teams on the road too but not at the pace their on now. They're a great team but this is getting a little silly. Someone punch them in the mouth already please.

See what I mean? Lakers took it to them. GS got them worn out. Not so easy away from the home gym eh C's?

It's about time some of these cupcakes started hitting back. Jesus Christ Rajon Ronodo isn't Magic Johnson, Paul Pierce isn't Dr. J, Ray Allen isn't James Worthy and KG isn't, well OK KG is pretty awesome. My point is, the NBA is so weak this season teams are rolling over for Boston AND Cleveland like they were both sporting the greatest rosters ever. Look at the Wizards game. I mean besides BP not starting the game thread what chance did Washington really have? EXCEPT they came out determined to not get beat. If every team played like that regardless of where they were heading this season neither Cleveland or Boston would be chasing 72 wins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime

QUOTE OF THE NIGHT
"They come in and intimidate you and try to punk you. But if you don't back down from them, they kind of fold."

-- Bobcats rookie guard D.J. Augustin on the Celtics' style of play.

Thanks for backing me up D.J. :lmfao:

Every team in the league will start pushing the Celtics now. And don't be surprised if Cleveland doesn't start getting some of this in their face too.

- Ice Cube
jamesownsdet

Unread postby NMonster » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:39 pm

With the Celtics loss and watching the current blowout (so far) against the bobcats - I feel it is time to remind ourselves:

NMonster

Favorite Player: Big Z!

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:27 pm

Bring...it...on!
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:42 pm

Time to play the Game! :guns:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfP5tg5rxqA&feature=related[/youtube]
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:03 pm

gotta kick their asses while down. They are going to come out swinging but a swift kick in the nuts I bet they crawl away and hide. They have lost 3 in a row, make it 4 and we might get to see some turmoil over in beantown.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:10 pm

Up until the time Ainge got Doc his Garnett and Allen lifeline, (and some role guys who helped out), Doc was well on his way to being the Romeo Crennel of the NBA. Far better coaches than Doc have drowned in the choppy waters of underachieviement. Not saying the Celtics are going down the drain by any means, but it ain't gonna be Doc that pulls them out of the sink if they do.

Go ahead and add Marbury now please. Throw them anchor as they take on some water.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:12 pm

anyone have a link to a Boston message board? Id love to see what they are saying now.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby reppination7 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:17 pm

Ziner wrote:anyone have a link to a Boston message board? Id love to see what they are saying now.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=17e71b22d535de85e79aefee2430a8b4

here is a boston forum
reppination7

Unread postby papacass » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:25 pm

reppination7 wrote:
Ziner wrote:anyone have a link to a Boston message board? Id love to see what they are saying now.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=17e71b22d535de85e79aefee2430a8b4

here is a boston forum

Some of them want to sign Darius Miles.

Joekickass2008 wrote: "Miles cant be worse than half the bench at the moment can he? Sign him up"

Wow. Just...Wow.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:25 pm

reppination7 wrote:

here is a boston forum

thanks rep
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:03 am

Cavs just win, baby. :yes:

My Lord, I hope we completely destroy them on Friday. I hope they all burn to death. Except Ray Allen... I still like him...
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby CharacterIV » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:04 am

reppination7 wrote:

here is a boston forum

Taking a stroll through the Houston game thread was sweet. Big green melt. "Blow up the team!" this and "they'll finish at .500, get ousted in the first round" that.

I have a feeling the actual Celtics are a little more resilient than their fans; I'm still expecting a rowdy-down come Friday. Go Cavs!
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Indignation
Least Favorite Player: "Brands"

Unread postby reppination7 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:09 am

if are up by 10 or more by the closing seconds and we handily had the game won the entire game, you are sure to hear this chant

"OVER-RATED"

i would absolutely love that, the look on KG's and Pierce's would be priceless

but im just hopeing for win no matter how big or small it is
reppination7

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:15 am

^^^

Oh, that's almost a given if we win by about 10.

Cleveland fans can be homerific idiots, but they can be pretty funny from time to time.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby reppination7 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:20 am

^

they would have to mute the game on ESPN, then being boston bias and all
reppination7

Unread postby reppination7 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:27 am

Papa Cass wrote:
reppination7 wrote:

here is a boston forum

Some of them want to sign Darius Miles.

Joekickass2008 wrote: "Miles cant be worse than half the bench at the moment can he? Sign him up"

Wow. Just...Wow.

some want to trade allen for carter

could you imagine vince carter and stephen mabury on the same team, can you say the biggest cancer ever discovered by man??
reppination7

Unread postby osucrazy18 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:46 am

man, i hope we smoke um and they bring in some cancer to try n fix things :lmfao: :lmfao:
ill be at the colubus bdubs

GO Cavs
"On an off shooting night all you have is your fundamentals and your momma, cause she believes in you Mo!!!!" - - - Uncle Austin after Clippers 3/11/09 believe baby believe
osucrazy18

Favorite Player: Confidence
Least Favorite Player: KG's mouth

Unread postby reppination7 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:03 am

CharacterIV wrote:
reppination7 wrote:

here is a boston forum

Taking a stroll through the Houston game thread was sweet. Big green melt. "Blow up the team!" this and "they'll finish at .500, get ousted in the first round" that.

I have a feeling the actual Celtics are a little more resilient than their fans; I'm still expecting a rowdy-down come Friday. Go Cavs!

from the boston forum about the game tomorrow
"We've already been embarrassed over the last two weeks. I don't expect that to change against the best team in the league."

i'd never thought i would see the day a boston fan would say the cavs are the best team in the league
reppination7

Unread postby jamesownsdet » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:14 am

SUCKS.

You might have to rethink this. Detroit and Atlanta don't suck. Miami is pretty good at home. The conferences are starting to even out.

- Ice Cube
jamesownsdet

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:25 am

jamesownsdet wrote:The conferences are starting to even out.

You mean the non-San Antonio West is catching up?
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:21 am

jamesownsdet wrote:

SUCKS.

You might have to rethink this. Detroit and Atlanta don't suck. Miami is pretty good at home. The conferences are starting to even out.

And the West get to beat up on the 5 worst teams in the league, and it ain't even close. The worst team in the East, Washington, would probably destroy those 5 teams. Top-to-bottom East is better. At the top, West is better.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby CharacterIV » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:32 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
jamesownsdet wrote:

SUCKS.

And the West get to beat up on the 5 worst teams in the league, and it ain't even close. The worst team in the East, Washington, would probably destroy those 5 teams. Top-to-bottom East is better. At the top, West is better.

There's definitely a pronounced have/have-not disparity in the west. Everybody has either 20+ wins or 10 or fewer wins. Either playing .600+ or .300- ball. It's odd. 9 haves, 6 have-nots. Phoenix is the only team that doesn't have either 20 wins or 25 losses, and that's at 19-13.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Indignation
Least Favorite Player: "Brands"

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:37 pm

At the top, West is better.

Not sure how you can say that seeing the East has 3 of the top 4 records in basketball, is home to the defending NBA champs and owns 2 of the past 3 NBA titles.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:54 pm

Big game tomorrow. One the Cavaliers, to me, have to win. They have been invincible at home while the Celtics are reeling. To let the Celtics leave town with a win tomorrow night would be very significant if you ask me as we can't let them regain their confidence against us and show us we are not invincible at home....to a team we likely play in a war in the playoffs no less. Don't let them go Rocky-Drago on us where they cut us and realize we are men and not machines.

Pumped for this game. I haven't watched much since Thanksgiving because of other committments and the crazy holidays, but have certainly been paying attention and have had this one circled on my calendar since the season opener. Go Cavs.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:01 pm

Consigliere wrote:Big game tomorrow. One the Cavaliers, to me, have to win.

It's a bigger game certainly than, say, Cavs-Bobcats, and I'm sure the Cavs want to send a message, but let's keep perspective. It's a regular season game in January. Friday night's result won't mean much come PS; just ask the '89 crew.
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:

It's a bigger game certainly than, say, Cavs-Bobcats, and I'm sure the Cavs want to send a message, but let's keep perspective. It's a regular season game in January. Friday night's result won't mean much come PS; just ask the '89 crew.

Whaaa...?? Are you kiddin....? :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

I thought you said perspective for a second... :lmfao:

Here on the boards..... :lmfao: :nanner:

It's critical. This one and every single other one. Let's not diverge from the plan. The whole point of the plan is to combat overzealousness and ridiculous hyperbole by bombarding it with overzealousness and even more hyperbole.

Biggest game ever tomorrow night. Any Game 7's will pale in comparison. Lose it and you're done with no chance of recovery.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:

Partly disagree.

The team we are looking to dethrone comes in and beats us in our house when they are struggling....and show we are not invincible at home? To me, this carries over and makes it more than just a reg season game.

I agree regular season games mean little come playoff time....but if the Cavs finish 40-1 or 39-2 at home and one or both losses are to the Celtics, you cannot tell me it would not be significant.

Just win and take care of business like they have and there are no issues, which I think they do.
consigliere

Unread postby papacass » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:14 pm

This game is important in that the Celtics are reeling, losers of six of their last eight. They're searching for answers, anything to grab a toehold and stop the backslide. If they come in here and beat their chief rivals for the East title, it will be a massive pressure release for them. They'll regain much of their confidence.

Conversely, if the the Cavs win, Boston's slide gains momentum. They'll have lost seven of their last nine, and they might start panicking a bit. Even if your Celtics projections were conservative, I don't think anyone coast to coast could have envisioned them losing seven in any nine-game stretch all year.

It's only January, and by the time the playoffs roll around, this game might have been long forgotten. But at least in the short term, somebody is coming out of this game with a tremendous shot of confidence.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:26 pm

The other thing is that the Cavs can give themselves some room before they head west for that tough 4 game stretch out there.

If we were to split out there then it would only mean we would only give up some ground rather than be digging ourselves a hole to the Celts.

Frankly though, if you've watched the Celts of late they are just completely out of sort and unless their stars go about 38 min. + I don't see how they can beat us unless things change drastically. (like House being effective or Davis shooting better than 38%)

Interesting stat, in the last 6 games Kevin Garnett has gotten to the FT line something like 6 times.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby drewd » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:17 pm

I found another "Crab Dribble" !!! I counted 4 steps in this one ! The one in the Wiz game was 3 steps...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecoykIoqTbE&fmt=18[/youtube]
drewd
Unrealistic Trade Guy

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:10 pm

Papa Cass wrote:This game is important in that the Celtics are reeling, losers of six of their last eight. They're searching for answers, anything to grab a toehold and stop the backslide. If they come in here and beat their chief rivals for the East title, it will be a massive pressure release for them. They'll regain much of their confidence.

Conversely, if the the Cavs win, Boston's slide gains momentum. They'll have lost seven of their last nine, and they might start panicking a bit. Even if your Celtics projections were conservative, I don't think anyone coast to coast could have envisioned them losing seven in any nine-game stretch all year.

It's only January, and by the time the playoffs roll around, this game might have been long forgotten. But at least in the short term, somebody is coming out of this game with a tremendous shot of confidence.

Slam dunk.

Concur 100%
consigliere

Unread postby drewd » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:39 pm

KG is also coming into the game with a bad right leg calf injury from the New York game, he had it tightly wrapped up after the Rockets Game. So hopefully LBJ can drive hard to the hoop, to challenge him as soon as the game starts. B/c Boston with out KG on their team is a #5 team in this conference!

"The Big Three" Broken Down
Ray Allen = Role Player
Paul Pierce = Star
Kevin Garnet = Superstar
drewd
Unrealistic Trade Guy

Unread postby noles1 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:54 am

Without KG on Boston at all that team is in the lottery or an 8th seed IMO.

He is more important to them defensively than anything he does offensively. Still 6 FT's in the last 6 games isn't going to cut it.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:40 am

noles1 wrote:Without KG on Boston at all that team is in the lottery or an 8th seed IMO.

Well, yeah, which is what any team (including the Cavs/LBJ) is without their star player.
consigliere

Unread postby buckeye319 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:58 am

Consigliere wrote:
noles1 wrote:Without KG on Boston at all that team is in the lottery or an 8th seed IMO.

Well, yeah, which is what any team (including the Cavs/LBJ) is without their star player.

Right, but I get the sense a lot of people (not you) think Paul Pierce is on an equal level with KG. He had a great Game 7 vs. the Cavs, and a good Finals series IIRC, but he ain't even close to KG in terms of what he does for the C's. They talk about Boston being a three headed monster, but KG is by far and away their best player.

Also, totally agree with Consig and Cass about the importance of this game. Can't wait.
buckeye319

Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:08 am

WOW dude you are way off.

Pierce is hands down the motor that drives that boat.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby buckeye319 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:26 am

FUDU wrote:WOW dude you are way off.

Completely disagree. KG is the heart and soul of that team and his defense sets the tone. Pierce is obviously critical, but KG's size, ability, and leadership are more precious to them.

But if either went down, they wouldn't be a contender, so I guess it really doesn't matter.
buckeye319

Least Favorite Player: Stephen A. Smith

Unread postby jamesownsdet » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:21 am

buckeye319 wrote:
FUDU wrote:WOW dude you are way off.

Completely disagree. KG is the heart and soul of that team and his defense sets the tone. Pierce is obviously critical, but KG's size, ability, and leadership are more precious to them.

But if either went down, they wouldn't be a contender, so I guess it really doesn't matter.

Garnett is becoming a goof. His antics like pounding his chest and his shit talking are almost schtick at this point. Like Bill Cowher and the sticking his jaw out. At first it was cool, now it's an act.

Paul Pierce is definately the most talented player on that team. KG is a close second. Ray Allen is cherry picking at this point.

The Celtics real problem is their bench stinks. Cleveland has a far better bench. Our bigs off the bench are better than their bigs. Our guards off the bench are better than their guards. Boston is actually contemplating Marbury because their bench is so awful.

- Ice Cube
jamesownsdet

Unread postby TIMMAH » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 am

I hope we make big baby cry...... again.

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
TIMMAH

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA