Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs lineup

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Cavs lineup

Unread postby rk » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Curious what people think Brown will do with the roster. Also how it'll be different from the start of the season with the end of the season.

Starting 5:
Kyrie
Dion
Bynum
Andy
Clark

Bench (in order of per game pt):

Jack
Thompson
Bennett
Zeller
Gee
Karasev
Miles
Felix
Jones
Quinn

Figure Bynum is the least likely to start out of that group but not sure you can go with Thompson and Andy on the floor at the same time.

End of the year I'd hope we see:

Kyrie
Waiters
Bynum
Bennett
Clark

I think I'm in the minority but I expect Zeller to have a year similar to TTs last year in that he comes out with a good amount of advancement in his NBA game. You'll eventually see him, Bymum, Andy, and TT in a solid 4/5 rotation with Bennett picking up more minutes towards the end of the year. Zeller had a stretch last year where he was putting up solid numbers before he hit the rookie wall and since I don't think TT and Andy can be on the floor together for any meaningful minutes he'll be the big whenever either of them are at the 4 and Bynum is sitting.

I only expect Bynum to play 10-15 mins a game for most of the first half of the year and no more than 25 even at the end of the year.

Our situation at the 3 blows.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Re: Cavs lineup

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:48 pm

I'd be a little surprised if they buried either of Bennet or Thompson in a 3rd reserve spot at the 4, at any point of the season. Especially if management has any say.

I'd think:

PG: Kyrie
SG: Waiters
SF: Clark
PF: Bennet/TT
C: Bynum/Andy

Until injury or exasperating defense forces a change.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Here's how I see the minute breakdown by position. This is of course assuming a healthy Bynum.

PG: Kyrie 34, Jack 14
SG: Waiters 29, Jack 11, Sergey 8
SF: Clark 22, Gee 16, Jack 6 (not as a 3 per se, but in 3 guard sets he'll be the de facto SF), Bennett 2, Sergey 2,
PF: Bennett 21, TT 14, Andy 13
C: Bynum 25, Andy 12, TT 9, Zeller 2

And without Bynum -

SF: Clark 22, Gee 18, Jack 6, Sergey 4
PF: Bennett 24, TT 18, Clark 6
C: Andy 29, Zeller 10, TT 9

(All starters in bold)
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:06 pm

I would bury Zeller, and play Andy just enough to showcase him for a trade. I fully expect a trade to for a 3 this year, in keeping with the making the playoffs theme. At this point I don't even care if it is a veteran one year-rental. But that vet has to be comfortable with being the 3rd scoring option or it could be disaster.
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:07 pm

Just forget Bynum is on this team. I promise all of you he will not play more than 15 minutes for the Cavs. We're paying him to eat all the leftovers in the cafeteria and hitch free rides to warm weather cities.

Seriously, any projected lineup with Bynum in it is just wishful thinking. I don't care if he has to play for a contract. Some other stupid team will be willing to pay him millions to pretend he's hurt. Guy just does not want to play basketball. Period. So stop dreaming about about it 'cause it ain't happening.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby pup » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:40 pm

bookelly wrote:Just forget Bynum is on this team. I promise all of you he will not play more than 15 minutes for the Cavs. We're paying him to eat all the leftovers in the cafeteria and hitch free rides to warm weather cities.

Seriously, any projected lineup with Bynum in it is just wishful thinking. I don't care if he has to play for a contract. Some other stupid team will be willing to pay him millions to pretend he's hurt. Guy just does not want to play basketball. Period. So stop dreaming about about it 'cause it ain't happening.

We get it. Again.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:14 pm

Most likely to be traded? Andy or TT?
I am guessing most say Andy, but I like Andy's veteran presence on a team that has a core of youngsters.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:47 am

kman_holla8 wrote:I would bury Zeller, and play Andy just enough to showcase him for a trade. I fully expect a trade to for a 3 this year, in keeping with the making the playoffs theme. At this point I don't even care if it is a veteran one year-rental. But that vet has to be comfortable with being the 3rd scoring option or it could be disaster.

This is all dependent on Bynum being healthy which according to the post below you states he won't play this year. If Bynum is not playing and TMLP is playoffs or bust, no way AV is traded to leave you with TT and Zeller playing C
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:34 am

Start of the season, you're looking at Irving, Waiters, Clark, TT, and AV, with Jack, Bennett, Gee, and Zeller off the bench and Bynum, Karasev, and Felix getting weaned in.

End of the season, granted everyone's healthy, you'er looking at Irving, Waiters, Clark, Bennett, and Bynum, with Jack, TT, AV, Gee, Felix, and Karasev all getting in there.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:51 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Here's how I see the minute breakdown by position. This is of course assuming a healthy Bynum.

SF: Clark 22, Gee 16, Jack 6 (not as a 3 per se, but in 3 guard sets he'll be the de facto SF), Bennett 2, Sergey 2,
PF: Bennett 21, TT 14, Andy 13
C: Bynum 25, Andy 12, TT 9, Zeller 2

And without Bynum -

SF: Clark 22, Gee 18, Jack 6, Sergey 4
PF: Bennett 24, TT 18, Clark 6
C: Andy 29, Zeller 10, TT 9

(All starters in bold)

I think you see more of Sergey by the end of the season, than less. Bet he gets some minutes at the 3, especially in small ball lineups. I expect to see those minutes at the expense of Clark (who isn't playing 29 minutes) and Kyrie (who wont hold up if we're playing him 34 mins a night, sadly)

Agree that you can take the buddhist approach with Bynum: expect suffering, be pleasantly surprised if he can make a go of it. A big rotation of Bennett, AV, TT, Clark, and Zeller (in garbage time) is pretty solid.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA