Text Size

The Neutral Zone

Big Weekend for the Lake Erie Monsters

The place to talk hockey. NHL banter, discussions on the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Lake Erie Monsters, and college hockey.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, skatingtripods

Big Weekend for the Lake Erie Monsters

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:21 pm

In anticipation of my outstandingly awesome (shameless plug) column which will run tomorrow (2/7), this thread is just a PSA to let everyone know that it's a huge weekend for the Lake Erie Monsters. Just 7 points out of the 4th and final playoff spot in the North Division, they take on conference foe Grand Rapids with a weekend doubleheader.

Friday, at 7:30, is $1 hot dog night. Saturday, at 7:30, is Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders night. Tickets are still available, but are going fast. I'll be in C127, row 17, (thanks Rich!) if anyone is going.

Tonight's game, against Hamilton, will be on FSN Ohio. The Monsters could be within 1 point of that final spot with a sweep of the rest of the week and some Syracuse losses. They're currently on a 7-game point streak with 4 wins, 2 OT losses and 1 shootout loss.
Last edited by skatingtripods on Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Well, 8 game point streak with another overtime loss against Hamilton tonight.

Big weekend, they really need all 4 points to have a chance the rest of the way.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Monsters lose last night's tilt with Grand Rapids 4-1, giving up 3 powerplay goals.

Tonight's the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, big crowd (near sellout) expected. The Cheerleaders will sign autographs before the game and during the third period, while performing at the intermissions.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:39 pm

11,013 in attendance as the Monsters take care of business in their must-win contest against Grand Rapids 3-2. Wyatt Smith with a shorthanded goal at the 5:03 mark to take the lead and propel the Monsters to keep their hopes alive in the Western Conference North Division.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby tbone » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:26 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:Monsters lose last night's tilt with Grand Rapids 4-1, giving up 3 powerplay goals.

Tonight's the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, big crowd (near sellout) expected. The Cheerleaders will sign autographs before the game and during the third period, while performing at the intermissions.

Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders' appearance last Saturday here at the Monsters game...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/frankjansk ... 889040855/
I don't think I'm ever more "aware" than I am right after I hit my thumb with a hammer.
Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

tbone
Medium Rare

Favorite Player: myself
Least Favorite Player: that guy

Return to The Neutral Zone