Text Size

The Neutral Zone

Rick Nash Goal

The place to talk hockey. NHL banter, discussions on the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Lake Erie Monsters, and college hockey.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, skatingtripods

Rick Nash Goal

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:14 pm

I'm not a huge NHL fan, but I saw this video and thought it was one of the best goals I've ever seen.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8470041&tab=vidt

Click on "Recent Video" near the top, and it's the 2nd video on the page. It's truly worth watching, and it was a game-winner to boot.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Joens » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:50 pm

i am not a huge hockey fan myself.

but that goal was just pure f-ing skill.
Cremincus- Something completely and utterly unbelievable. Published in the B-list 2006
Joens
BQ has no MySpace

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:00 pm

Yep, that goal was flat out sick. He had the puck on a string for sure. Not only the ability to go around both defensemen, but the presence of mind to kick the puck to his stick. I'd put that in my top 3 for this decade.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 am

That goal was ridiculous and was a textbook example for why kids should work the pylon drill religiously.

BTW, this goal was featured by the Nastily Attired Don Cherry on "Coach's Corner" tonight on Hockey Night In Canada. Always looking his dapper best, Don had to use his kerchief to catch the drool after his gushing praise of Nash.

I love goofing on Don Cherry but when a player on the team in Cowtown gets his love, that's noteworthy.
Cleveland: Where the Tower is Terminal and the Lake is (e)Erie- Alex Bevan
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:08 pm

Best Bluejackets goal since Zherdev's coast to coast against the Blackhawks a couple years ago. Nash is so underrated its disgusting. It was also a great pass from Mikey Peca.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Best Bluejackets goal since Zherdev's coast to coast against the Blackhawks a couple years ago. Nash is so underrated its disgusting. It was also a great pass from Mikey Peca.

Peca's addition to this team is huge. He provides leadership down the middle, good defensive awareness, and a trusted vocal veteran, which Federov is not.

I'm not sure how I feel about your Nash comment. Undoubtedly, he is the most gifted offensive player the team has, but he has a knack for being lazy in his own defensive zone. Many prolific scorers throughout history have had that same problem, but with Nash's size and agility, he could be an outstanding two-way player.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:38 pm

I agree with your assement of Nash in the defensive zone he needs to be more agressive infront of his own net contesting shots and being physical. But in terms of national coverage its all Crosby/Oveckin he is never mentioned as an elite player. The Peca move never would have been done under Mcclean. I love the young talent we have Russell, "Wrecking" Boll and Brassard we are loaded now we just need to re-sing Zherdev to a lock up deal.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Rally Squirl » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Best Bluejackets goal since Zherdev's coast to coast against the Blackhawks a couple years ago. Nash is so underrated its disgusting. It was also a great pass from Mikey Peca.

Peca's addition to this team is huge. He provides leadership down the middle, good defensive awareness, and a trusted vocal veteran, which Federov is not.

I'm not sure how I feel about your Nash comment. Undoubtedly, he is the most gifted offensive player the team has, but he has a knack for being lazy in his own defensive zone. Many prolific scorers throughout history have had that same problem, but with Nash's size and agility, he could be an outstanding two-way player.

peca is a tool

he was a tool in buffalo when he was a top scorer on the team and cried to be traded.......for what reason i dont know, buffalo was sick back then
and hes always getting injured
(yes I know......i spelled "squirrel" wrong :P)
Rally Squirl

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:25 pm

peca is a tool

he was a tool in buffalo when he was a top scorer on the team and cried to be traded.......for what reason i dont know, buffalo was sick back then

Who cares about Buffalo? He is in Columbus now and hes helping this team win and thats all that matters. As a hardcore Bluejackets fan here in Columbus he is a welcome addition. He is a great passer and hes tough on the penalty kill which I believe the Jackets are ranked 4th in the NHL and hes capable of getting hot and scoring alot of goals he is a notorious post All-Star break player. Im glad to have the "Tool".
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:57 pm

Rally Squirl wrote:peca is a tool

They've gotten at least one point in 22 of the 35 games that Peca has played, and have won 18 of those games. In the 15 games without Peca, they are 6-7-2. That makes them 18-13-4 with Peca.

He cried to be traded because the management under Rigas didn't have the money to keep him because Rigas was already being indicted for fraud charges.

He's a leader and a good hockey player. He is injury-prone, yes. It will be interesting to see what their record will be without Federov and compare the worth of the two to the team.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Return to The Neutral Zone