Text Size

The Neutral Zone

Need help from NHL Barons fans

The place to talk hockey. NHL banter, discussions on the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Lake Erie Monsters, and college hockey.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, skatingtripods

Need help from NHL Barons fans

Unread postby 93JC » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Hello Cleveland fans. I recently began research for a new book I'm writing about the NHL's Cleveland Barons (and by extension the California Golden Seals/Oakland Seals), and I'm stuck!

I'm trying to figure out the all-time uniform numbers for the franchise. Some of them are easily found (i.e. I know Gilles Meloche wore #27, Al MacAdam wore #25, Dennis Maruk wore #21, etc.), but I'm having trouble with many of the players who only played parts of seasons or vacillated between the NHL and the minors. I've found conflicting evidence of who wore what (for example most paper sources I've found say J.P. Parise wore #23 in '77-78 but I've seen a couple photographs that look like he's wearing #13) and in some cases I have no idea (e.g. Angie Moretto, who only played five games).

This is a shot in the dark but I was hoping maybe, just maybe, one of you was a Barons fan back in the day and might have an old media guide or game program kicking around. If you do please respond or shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
93JC

Favorite Player: Gary Roberts
Least Favorite Player: Sean Avery

Re: Need help from NHL Barons fans

Unread postby ClevelandJacketsFAN » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:39 pm

I know this is almost three full months old but William(bill)Needham works at Winterhurst ice rink in Lakewood Ohio. At least he did as of a year or so ago. Hes been there a long time. You could give them a call and ask a few questions to him if needed I'm sure.
ClevelandJacketsFAN

Favorite Player: Rick Nash
Least Favorite Player: Ovechkin

Return to The Neutral Zone