Text Size

The Neutral Zone

Filatov Back to Russia

The place to talk hockey. NHL banter, discussions on the Columbus Blue Jackets, the Lake Erie Monsters, and college hockey.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, skatingtripods

Filatov Back to Russia

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:01 pm

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2009/11/it ... to_r.shtml

So the Jackets negotiate an agreement to "loan" Filatov to Moscow Dynamo of the KHL. The Jackets still own his rights, and they expect him back at training camp, but this has to be a very disappointing sequence of events.

I could delve into a whole new conversation about how he was the wrong pick and I said that on draft day, I said it leading up to the draft, and I say it now, but it is of no use. What the Jackets have now is a disgruntled player who may go the route of Gilbert Brule and be a Columbus bust who goes and plays somewhere else in the near future.

Personnel-wise, it's not a huge loss. Filatov was only playing 8 minutes a game anyway. Organizationally, they'll learn from this and avoid non-Hitchcock players.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to The Neutral Zone